Transformers Video Games,why aren't there more?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by UnicronFTW, Jul 30, 2009.

1. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Who here has played the Transformers video game from Armada?You know the one where you play as Optimus Red Alert and Hot Shot? I bought it today and I love it!

And as I was playing it I thought of why hasbro hasn't made more Transformers Video Games?
    So this thread is for you to express your thoughts on whether the should or should not make more games, if so then what type of gameplay? Should it be fror a specific series or platform? Who would you play as?

I for one would like to see one based on the 1986 Tranformers movie,with a
    real time battle system with different weapons you can equip, and different abilities, you could play as both factions and as all the characters, some characers that were more obscure could be unlockables and unicron would be the final battle. and after you beat him you could play an alternate ending where you are Unicron, I'd buy the game just for that:ev: 

So whats your opinion? If this is in the wrong section or theres already a thread like this than I'm sorry:eek: 

2. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    I'm actually VERY surprised that there hasn't been a G1 game made by now considering A) the new found uber mainstream popularty the franchise has gotten, B) the amount of sheer shit that DOES get games, and C) the old recognition factor of that series to virtually every 25 or older male... most of which own at least one type of gaming system. Turbo TF fan or not, I don't see how a game like that wouldn't sell reasonably well.

My two cents anyway.

3. Mr.Sci-Fi

Mr.Sci-Fi Bite my shiny Metal (_l_)

News Credits:
    There's a stigma on video games made from other properties, they usually suck. Gamers are aware of this so games like that don't do well. There are a few properties that have jumped beyond this line though, star wars is one. Also hasbro is a video game producer so they tend to keep it in house which if you don't have a good in house team can lead you into crappy game after crappy game.

4. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    The new ROTF game is actually pretty good, but only as far as online play goes.

The armada game was AMAZING. Some of the best graphics on the Ps2, and it sold well too, so it was a surprise that Melbourne House werent tasked with making more.

I cant remember the exact source, but but it was said that Activision (who now hold the TF license) plan on releasing yearly updates to all of their big franchises (Prime example, Call of Duty), and this would extend to the Transformers license. I also remember reading that Luxoflux (the ROTF game developer) were working on something Transformers related, but not necessarily tied to the Movieverse. This could mean a G1 inspired game, or it could be based on whatever is set to replace TF: Animated.

Incidentally, there WAS a G1 Transformers game on Ps2, but it was only released in japan, and aparrently pretty terrible to boot! Check this youtube link out. "Stop it Megatron!". Lol.

YouTube - Transformers Tataki Autobot 1 Intro

5. Hand Of Omega

Hand Of Omega Well-Known Member

I'm puzzled as well. I would have thought a decent game of all the 'generations' and 'incarnations' would be a no brainer money spinner for Hasbro.
    Maybe one game combining them all?

I long for a decent G1 game with all the characters, all playable or not. Tatakai, released in Japan only, was a wasted opportunity, but got me thinking that they should make a G1 game in a style similar to the 'Robotech: Battlecry' game. That would be cool. The cell shaded anime feel would suit a G1 game extremely well.

6. jonatron26

jonatron26 Well-Known Member

a gta-esque tf game set on cybertron would be fun. with a pick yo sides of course. you could design a bot or use character templates of your fav characters with their own personalized guns and weapons. have custimizable headquarters. create a posse and make a combiner out of them. get overcharged on energon. spend all night at a chop shop ;) 

7. SlyTF

SlyTF Banned

THANK YOU! I want a G1 game! next year, my school is gonna teach me how to make video games and Im gonna make a G1 game! Im not gonna publish it or anything, Im just gonna play it for myself

8. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

I think something like Super Smash Bros would be awesome. You could just take a crap load of the best characters from various TF series, and it would just be one big battle royale!

9. AMG

AMG Old School

I'd love to see more TF games released. Armada is still king of the hill and I don't see that changing anytime soon (if ever at this point).

10. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

Yeah, the Armada game for PS2 was awesome. I would have LOVED the Armada show if it was like the game, truly awesome.

The game for the '07 movie was just alright in my opinion. There were some great missions (like the first level where you play as Blackout and level the base) and some (most =/ ) were kinda crappy (like the one where you're playing as Blackout and you have to fight Ironhide at the end). With a little bit of polish that game could've been awesome.

I haven't played the RotF game yet, mainly because there aren't any places to rent games around here and I know it's not a 60 dollar game.

I have the Beast Wars game for PC, again, it's just alright, and like the '07 movie game, could've used a little polish to make it great.

And the Beast Wars Transmetals fighting game for N64 is actually pretty good. It gets a LOT of points for having a lot of the original voice actors in it.

But we really do need a really great Transformers game. Ideally I'd like a Beast Wars game (/Beast Wars fanboy) with all original voice actors, kick-ass graphics, and stellar game play.

11. jonatron26

jonatron26 Well-Known Member

hell yeah! wazzpinator vs unicron!

12. Brooticus

News Credits:
    I believe optimus prime did star in a smash bros style game. I think it was the konami equivalent of smash bros. Again, it was japan only and supposedly pretty crap!

13. Brooticus

News Credits:
    Beastwars transmetals game? Wha? Never heard of that! *Rushes to youtube to see what ive been missing*

14. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Dang!There was moe tf games than I thought, I only thought that Armada,Movie,and movie 2 were the ones to get games!I had no idea about
    beast wars...:sly: 
    shows what I know.yeah that one from japan looks like crap to me.

15. Wingsbr

Wingsbr Christian TF Fan :)

News Credits:
    the beastwars game was fun back in the day

16. Mr.Sci-Fi

Mr.Sci-Fi Bite my shiny Metal (_l_)

News Credits:
    There was even a TF arcade Game Link Starring Jet/Skyfire.

17. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    there was a G1 game for the famicom(japanese NES) but it was bad real bad , 1 hit and your toast bad

18. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

I've seen the game, and it's really bad.

19. maninthebox94

maninthebox94 Banned

I might be wrong, but in whole, the transoformers franchise has had 8 games total.

20. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...