Transformers video game idea

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Megatron1, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Megatron1

Megatron1 Decepticon LEADER

This is my idea for a Transformers video game set in the Michael Bay Franchise.

Basically, it's SORT of like Hulk: Ultimate Destruction. It's open-ended like the Grand Theft Auto series and you can roam free in huge open-world cities.

The environments are COMPLETELY destructible, but the screen don't shake all over the place like in TF: The Game. The game should use Frostbite 2, the destruction engine used in Battlefield 3. You can choose to be an Autobot or Decepticon of your choice and turn into a car at any time. EVERYTHING, from buildings to cars, are destructible and get destroyed in realistic ways. You can UPGRADE the Transformer you play as by causing destruction and defeating Autobots(Decepticons only) or by protecting the city and defeating Decepticons(Autobots), completing story and challenge missions, and more.

You can play as Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Me(Megatron) Starscream, Soundwave and MORE! Your choice. Of course, there's Xbox Live where you can fight others online.

It's sorta like Hulk: Ultimate Destruction like I said. It should be for Xbox 360 and PS3.

What do you think?

2. Rubber Ducky

Rubber Ducky beepboopbop

it should be a third person shooter

3. Boulder

Boulder Rock Lord

Designers would love this too, but here's the problem: To do realistic destruction (or any kind of destruction) you have to render the individual pieces that can fall apart. The more pieces (polygons) you have on screen at one time, the longer it takes to render. Too many on the screen at one time and your program slows down or crashes.

To get around this limitation, programmers use either larger chunks (perhaps an irregularly shaped section of a wall), or prerendered damage (such as the car damage in Forza 4). It can take hours (and sometimes even days) to render the realistic damage you see in movies. Imagine having to wait an hour for the screen to refresh! Each new generation of consoles processes the various scene elements faster so someday you may see "realistic" damage, but we're just not there yet.

It's not that developers don't want these things as well. It's just that they can't do them (yet).

4. decepticon2020

decepticon2020 Best there is @ what I do

That would be kind of boring. Third person shooters are the best choice for a TF game.

5. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    So basically, the only merit Megatron1 thinks there is in a game is how much shit you can blow up...
    How about instead we get a game that manages to capture some essence of giving a shit?

6. Megatron1

I'm sorry you think that. I could add some Third person shooter elements in there.

7. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

He is the mighty Megatron UnicronFTW..;) 

8. Megatron1

Got that right.

9. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 MTMTE Sucks Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    that sounds quite a bit like the DS game for the first movie only more geniousy. i like it. also, what mode (since it's in the bay franchise as you said) would "you" be in: truck, tank, jet?

10. Megatron1

Well, I died in TF3, so It'd have to be in the area between TF2 and TF3 which was tank turned truck, like in the DOTM video game.

But, if it WAS after TF3, I'm sure I'd find a way.

11. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 MTMTE Sucks Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    oh yeah, sorry to hear about that :lol . but if you were to find a way, you could maybe shoot for Galvatron like you said on some other thread.

12. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    No he isn't.

13. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I like the idea of a "Prototype" style TF video game. Of course, certain TFs would possess different abilities and such.

It sounds sort of like TF: The Game, but with more emphasis on destructible environments and just the shear "Bayhem" that the Movie franchise embodies. Scaling buildings, bombing enemy bases, breaking and entering, and of course there would have to be the highway battles! Also, there would have to be civilians wandering around, and Decepticons can squish them like little bugs.

14. HarryFA1

HarryFA1 Rank #14

News Credits:
    OK howsabout this: it's set on Cybertron, at the start of the War. There are 2 campaigns for each side but instead of being alternate telling of the same story, have it so the Con campaign is a prequel to the Bot campaign. Also, most of the characters will be G1-ish, but it won't be strictly set in G1 & it'l be retroactively placed in the same continuity as Prime, but that's a whole other story altogether. Oh, & it'l have multiplayer, with no co-op, because fuck people who want to play with their friends locally, fuck em'.

And that's my idea for a TF game. So original i know!

15. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    I thought I'd post this on this discussion because I'm lazy and it'd kinda be a waste to make a discussion out of it:

...Watch what happens if you shoot a human in ROTF.