Transformers Version 2.0

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by peteynorth, May 27, 2003.

1. NXN

NXN Photoshop Monkey TFW2005 Supporter

I have no clue how you continue to do this, but you keep getting BETTER!!!! Sweet stuff

2. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

What they said. Times 10.
    :ROCK :ROCK :ROCK :ROCK :ROCK

3. King Starscream

King Starscream <b><font color=blue>The Royal Seeker</font></b> Veteran

News Credits:
    WOW!!!!

That was one of the best chapters I've read in a while. I thought the Autobots would be in some trouble with the Sharkticons but when I realized the Dinobots were with the Autobots, I knew the Quints were in for it. It was great seeing the Dinobots get some retribution for what happened to them and have fun at it too. And just when Prime was about to regain control of the situation there goes Omega. That was great seeing him get his retribution and lay waste into something after the Decepticons were handily defeating the Autobot giants. I was picturing the whole Quint attack while reading it. As for the other stuff, I liked the little side battle between the Autobot triple changers and the Decepticon Pretenders. Though it would have been really great if you had Broadside land on one of them in battleship mode a la "Carnage in C-Minor" Overall this episode was just choc full of action. Though what does Screamer plan to do with a Quint? Should be interesting to see.

4. White

White like the color

Oh yeah Omega just screaming rocked me too much.

5. zimz0r

zimz0r Member

That installment tasted like happy.

6. Spider Striker

:lol 
    Word.

7. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    Just finished reading the last installement in this awesome story and had to give my props to you. Very well written. Keep it up :) 

8. peteynorth

peteynorth TFW2005 Supporter

Episode 30: Spoils of War

"Hello Sergeant, it certainly has been awhile."

Sparkplug looked up from the energon generator that he was monitoring and quietly groaned as he saw General Allen Peterson enter the large cargo bay that had been serving as the main energy conversion chamber and was now also being used as a storage room for alien remains. Lieutenant James Ambrose and Cliffjumper followed the General. "Hello General, it certainly has." Sparkplug looked to Ambrose and nodded. "Lieutenant."

"Good morning Sergeant Witwicky."

"Prime will join you shortly. Feel free to look over the...debris while you wait." Cliffjumper smiled politely before walking out of the room to return to his duties.

The Army officers watched the Autobot leave and then approached Sparkplug, who had returned to monitoring the energon generator. "So, Witwicky, you don't feel like serving your country anymore?"

Sparkplug looked up again, this time making no effort to hide his disdain for the General. "I will always put my country first, but I don't see the benefit to supplying a maniac like you with Autobot troop locations, personnel files, and every piece of technical data that I come across."

Maintaining a stern expression, Peterson replied. "Had you not supplied that information and I not intervened when I did, this planet, much less our country, would be overrun by countless Decepticons right now, and you damn well know it! I saw a weakness in the Autobot leadership, and an opportunity to achieve what was necessary. Say what you will about me or my methods, but with so much at stake, only results count here."

Sparkplug looked to the side thoughtfully before turning back to respond. "Honestly, I agree with the strike against the Decepticon stasis center, I really do. But I can no longer supply information about the Autobots behind their backs. Besides, they already keep the governments of Earth fully appraised of virtually ever aspect of the conflict. And they're definitely not a threat to us."

Peterson chuckled gently as he replied. "That's a naive and dangerous assumption to make, Sergeant Witwicky. Who's to say that once they eliminate the Decepticons they won't turn on us?"

Sparkplug crossed his arms and smiled. "I am. Believe me, I was as cynical as anyone regarding their motives when they first showed up, after all, I agreed to help you. But I now trust them wholeheartedly, and I consider Optimus Prime to be the greatest ma...being that I've ever known. And I'm proud to consider him a friend."

"I'm afraid that you may be far too trusting. Right now we're their allies, but once our usefulness is up, what then?"

Sparkplug laughed. "Usefulness? Trust me Peterson, we are more a detriment to the Autobots than an asset. They would fight the Decepticons far more effectively without clearing things with our various agencies and putting themselves in harm's way to protect us. And what do we possibly provide them that they couldn't just take? Do you honestly think that they need us as allies?"

Peterson looked to Ambrose and shook his head. "Well then, I guess we've got nothing to worry about." Turning back to Sparkplug, he continued. "After all, you trust them."

Sparkplug stared intently at the General. "I do; I trust them to give their lives to protect my son, and not to drop bombs on him because they're unable to read a situation correctly." Optimus Prime had been willing to give General Peterson the benefit of the doubt regarding the bombing of an area that Spike had been in, but Sparkplug knew better. It wasn't until after he had initially aided Peterson that he had learned about the repeated requests of the Autobots to have Spike removed from the area when the military originally bombed Mt. Saint Hillary, requests that went unanswered by the General. Prime had hopefully assumed that they had gone unheard, the human father assumed otherwise. Sparkplug had been keeping his anger in check thus far, but his temper was quickly getting the better of him. "This discussion is ended, and I suggest you get the hell away from me before I put you through the floor." With that he turned away angrily and returned to monitoring the levels of the petroleum being pumped into the Autobot equipment.

Peterson was taken aback by Sparkplug's threat, but his aggressive nature quickly returned to the forefront and he continued his pressing. "Witwicky, need I remind you of what these bars on my uniform represent?"

Sparkplug laughed. "No sir, I'm fully aware of what they represent. They mean that you are an Army General." Looking back he flashed Peterson a bitter smile. "But I'm a Marine, a retired one at that, so you can't tell me to do sh..."

"Hello gentlemen, I apologize for keeping you waiting."

Peterson maintained a glare revealing his anger at Sparkplug for a moment before turning to the newly arrived Autobot Commander and the accompanying Ratchet. "No problem whatsoever Optimus Prime. I simply wish to thank you for allowing us to view the alien remains. The Canadians are keeping us away from theirs until they’re done picking through them."

"It's the least we could do. This is your planet after all."

"If you'll excuse me Prime, I have some other matters to attend to." Sparkplug turned away from the equipment and headed toward the doorway of the cargo bay. Turning one last time to the other humans, Sparkplug nodded. "It was nice to see you again Lieutenant."

The slighted General simply ignored Sparkplug and looked to the lifeless frames laid out across the floor. "So, what are these things?"

Ratchet walked over to the first of nine Sharkticon bodies that the Canadian Military had agreed that the Autobots could take possession of. "Well, these are creatures from out of our distant legends."

Peterson snorted. "You mean like Bigfoot or the Loch Ness Monster?"

Ratchet, Prime and even Lt. Ambrose were not as amused by the General's statement as the General was. Ratchet shook his head. "More like our ancient religions." The white Autobot walked over toward a row of mangled Sharkticons. "Us finding these would be the equivalent of Greeks finding the remains of Tritones washed up on their shores."

A confused Peterson looked from Ratchet to Prime and then to Ambrose, who explained what Ratchet was talking about. "Sea demons from ancient Greek mythology."

Noting the General's understanding, Ratchet proceeded to the butchered corpse of Magistrate Caligulon. "This one here would be to us the equivalent of humans finding an archangel. A servant of the divine, and greater than us, but not a deity."

Ratchet watched the humans nod their understanding before walking toward the two corpses of the third alien specie. "And these, these would be like finding Ra, Quetzalcoatl, Poseidon, Thor...name your ancient polytheistic deity, that would be what we have here."

Peterson walked up and kicked the shell of one of the Quintessons. "I guess ol' Odin isn't so tough after all." The human General looked up at the Autobots. "So do you guys have historians or religious scholars that can maybe shed some light on what these things REALLY are?"

Ratchet cocked his head. "Well, we do have some colleagues that were alive and kicking back when these creatures inhabited Cybertron."

Prime nodded and continued. "We've previously respected their reticence to discuss ancient Cybertron, but in light of the threat these creatures now pose, it's time that Omega Supreme and the Dinobots filled us in on our distant past."

Peterson smiled as he gave the Quintesson shell another kick. "Good, I hope you don't mind me sitting in on the debriefing."

Prime shrugged. "I don't have a problem with that, but it may be awhile before this debriefing takes place."

Ambrose quizzically peered up at the Autobot Commander. "Why is that?"

Ratchet looked down and responded to the Lieutenant. "Omega Supreme will be involved in a mission as soon as he's finished receiving maintenance and repairs, and the Dinobots...well Grimlock and the boys are AWOL as usual."

Cliff Riorson had always wanted to be a cowboy. Growing up watching old Roy Rogers and John Wayne movies, and then seeing Clint Eastwood shoot 'em up in the spaghetti westerns, he had been enthralled with the lifestyle. Unfortunately his life took him in a different direction, one of sitting at a desk and crunching numbers all day. Not that he resented the accounting profession, after all it had provided he and his family with an excellent living, but he definitely longed for life on the open range.

Then, a few weeks ago it appeared that he would be able to sate this longing, if only slightly. His wife Deborah had kissed him, presented him with an envelope, and wished him an early merry Christmas. Upon opening the envelope Cliff saw that she had enrolled him in a weeklong cattle drive in the beautiful Long Horn Mountains of Wyoming. He would be assisting in the driving of twelve hundred head of cattle through the mountains to their winter grazing land.

Within a couple of days, the fresh, cold winter air and the rugged lifestyle had completely rejuvenated him. He felt ten years younger, and the only worry on his mind was the approaching end to the week. That was until about an hour ago, when the herd and those driving it had been savagely attacked by a group of giant animals.

The sounds of panicked cattle filled the air as they were systematically hunted down and brutally butchered. Cliff ignored the sounds as best he could as he continued pulling his body over the snow-dusted ground. The shredded stump that his left leg had once been attached to spread red blood and gore over the previously white and green ground as he dragged it behind him. The talons of an enormous hawk that had swooped down to snatch his horse while he was on it had sheared it off, but upon hitting the ground he had immediately grabbed the severed leg in hopes that doctors would be able to reattach it. But the effort of holding on to it as he tried to get away from the slaughter quickly became too much, forcing him to leave it behind with the rest of the dead meat strewn across the ground. Cliff had heard one of the cowboys call for help into his cell phone, and knew that help would be on the way shortly; he just needed to hold out until then.

As he laboriously pulled himself away from the carnage, he suddenly became aware of something large behind him. Terrified, he eventually forced himself to turn his head around and look up at whatever it was that was stalking him. Twisting his head and torso, he was soon looking into the eyes of a panther that was larger than an elephant. "Noooo." He finally gave in to his hopelessness and started whimpering.

The giant black feline started laughing. "And here I thought that going after such a small and insignificant creature wouldn't be worth the effort."

Cliff's eyes widened. "You can talk!?!" Suddenly hopeful that maybe he could reason with the creature, the desperate human pleaded for his life. "P...please, please don't kill me. I can't die. I'll give you anything you want. Please...I have a daughter. Please."

Rampage lowered his bestial head and peered at his prey. "I'll be sure to tell her how tasty daddy was...right before I take a chunk out of her."

"NOOOOOO!" Taking the beast's threat against his child seriously, Cliff instantly forgot about his own danger and lunged as best he could at the Predacon. Rampage simply snapped his jaws, cutting Cliff's torso in half and swallowing his chest, shoulders, arms and head whole. The nanites built into the Decepticon's frame instantly attacked the organic material, initiating the conversion to energon.

The black Predacon looked down at the waist and leg of his victim, no longer interested in it as there was no more pleading and terror involved. A blood-covered cow hit the ground hard next to Rampage, who simply looked at it and then looked up at the giant hawk that had dropped it. Divebomb lowered to the ground, a second cow in one of his talons. "The humans would say that you shouldn't play with your food, but what do the humans know?" Both Predacons laughed as they each tore into a dead cow.

"They still don't know not to bother sending help. How many cops and soldiers do we have to kill before they realize there's nothing they can do to stop us?" The words were barely comprehensible as Rampage forced them out between chews on the bovine.

"Maybe we can do better?"

Rampage and Divebomb looked up toward the new voice, which belonged to the pterodactyl lowering and taking perch upon a large boulder. The giant panther chuckled. "Wow, there are all sorts of goodies on today's menu."

"Only thing being served today is mammal...” The tyrannosaurus walking around the mountain sneered at the two Predacons. "With side of fowl."

The hawk turned toward the multitude of dead cattle and called out. "Hey Razorclaw, we've got some party crashers!"

From behind a mound of slaughtered livestock and a handful of humans emerged a large lion. A smile came over Razorclaw's blood-soaked maw. "Hello Grimlock, come to play?"

The T-rex continued toward the massacre with the other Dinobots following behind. Soon all ten biomechanical beasts stood facing each other. Grimlock growled as he spoke. "We close by and get call on Autobot channel about attack by giant animals, and decide to come get answers from Predacons."

The lion eyed Grimlock suspiciously. "You has-beens just happened to be nearby?"

The mouth of the T-rex contorted in what could only be seen as a smile. "We like taste of cattle too, and not as many options in winter as in summer." The Dinobot looked at the remains of Cliff Riorson. "But we usually leave humans unharmed." The T-rex looked to Swoop, who shook his head as an indication that there were no longer any surviving humans present.

The lion nodded. "And exactly what answers are you planning to get from us?"

The T-rex took a step toward the Predacon Commander and eyed him intently. "First, where Starscream!?!"

With that all five Predacons burst out laughing. "He sounds like a lobotomized Megatron." Tantrum managed to get the statement out between guffaws.

The lion ceased laughing and looked up at Grimlock. "Megatron's been on our case for months to track that oil pan down. Trust me Grimlock, if we knew of his whereabouts, he'd already be dead."

Grimlock glared at the lion, but he knew that Razorclaw was telling the truth. "Fine. We find Starscream on own." The Dinobot smiled. "Second, who better warriors?"

The black-mane lion bore his large teeth as he grinned. "We'd be more than happy to answer that question for you." In the blink of an eye, the giant lion pounced at the boulder that Swoop was perched upon, pushed off of it toward Grimlock, and landed on the back of the prehistoric predator. In unison claws sunk into the dinosaurs back as fangs sunk into its neck. With this one act of aggression, the battle was on.

Swoop and Divebomb took to the air and immediately began tearing at each other with their talons, both flapping their wings desperately to stay aloft. Slag charged at Tantrum, who happily met the challenge and bore down on the triceratops in return. The sound of the collision echoed for miles throughout the mountain range, followed by the sounds of Slag's arrogant snorting as he started driving the horned Predacon backwards.

Snarl hurtled his spiked tail at Rampage, who deftly leapt out of the way and upon landing sprang at the Dinobot, slicing into its side with his fore claws. Snarl ignored the pain and swiped at the panther again, and again missed the agile Rampage. The Predacon pounced on the stegosaurus' back, but lost his footing as the plates lining Snarl's back were suddenly electrified and shocked him. Momentarily off balance, Rampage was unable to avoid the tail a third time, and wound up being thrown against a pair of trees with a puncture in his armor. The giant panther landed on the ground, turned back toward Snarl, and re-engaged the Dinobot.

Sludge roared as Headstrong's horn pierced his outer flesh and penetrated a few inches into his armor. The head of the brontosaurus shot down and bit into the back of the rhino, tearing the Predacon off of him and tossing it several dozen yards away. Headstrong laughed as he transformed and got to his feet. Sludge transformed as well, and the two robots charged each other and were immediately hacking at one another with their swords.

Grimlock savagely twisted and shook in an attempt to dislodge the lion that was on his shredded back. The dinosaur finally managed jar Razorclaw's hind legs loose and swing them far enough forward to snatch one with his jaws. Wrenching the lion off of his back with tremendous force, Grimlock proceeded to violently shake the Predacon Commander back and forth several times before finally slamming him to the ground. The lion sprang away, but Grimlock had anticipated Razorclaw's attempt to put distance between them and managed to bash the lion's hindquarters with his tail before he escaped.

Razorclaw spun through the air before hitting the ground. He was instantly on his feet and leapt at the charging Grimlock, a desperate attempt to regain the offensive. Unfortunately for the Predacon, the might of the Dinobot Commander was too great and the tyrannosaurus had the lion pinned to the ground within seconds. The downed feline roared in pain as the massive jaws of the dinosaur clamped down on his bestial throat. "Alright Pit Lord, playtime's over!" The lion kicked the T-rex off with his hind legs and immediately initiated his transformation. A second later Razorclaw was standing before the tyrant lizard king with his sword drawn.

The dinosaur laughed at the Predacon warrior. "Good idea." A couple of seconds later Grimlock was staring at the robotic Predacon with his own sword at the ready. "Time to get question answered." The two Commanders charged each other.

Swoop leapt onto the boulder and swung his sword at Divebomb, who jumped away, did a back flip, and landed gracefully on the ground several yards away. "YOU'RE a Pit Lord!?! Wow, they must have had some pathetically low standards for pit fighters way back when, for a hump like you to have been one of the best!" The Predacon laughed as Swoop jumped off of the boulder and started walking toward him. "Now, let me show you how a true gladiator wields a sword!"

The Predacon flier thrust his sword at Swoop, who deftly leaned just to the side of the attack and swung his own sword at Divebomb's head. Divebomb barely ducked in time to avoid being decapitated, and skipped away, suddenly lacking his former arrogance. "Don't you ever shut up!?! We've fought before, and you yammered non-stop then too. Believe me Predacon, your skills and ability do not justify your bravado." Swoop charged and delivered a continuous flurry of hacks, slashes and thrusts, which succeeded in keeping Divebomb quiet and on the defensive.

The Predacon attempted to put some distance between them by leaping away, but a swipe from Swoop's sword left Divebomb with only one wing. Spinning around enraged, Divebomb looked to his severed left wing and then to the smiling Dinobot. "DIE PIT LORD!" The two enemies charged each other with unbridled fury.

The boulder shattered as Snarl's plasma blade sliced through it, but the intended target that had been standing in front of it a moment before had disappeared before the blow landed. Rampage came up alongside Snarl from the roll that he had employed to avoid the Dinobot's strike, and used his upward momentum to run his blade against his enemy's side, which sliced through the thick armor. Ignoring the injury, Snarl swung wildly at the Predacon, once again missing the evasive, black warrior. "Stand still!"

Rampage instantly countered with a slice to the Dinobot's face, creating a slit in Snarl's right cheek. "And they accuse me of saying dumb things." The Predacon started to chuckle at his enraged opponent, but with speed belying his massive bulk, Snarl snapped out a punch that slammed against Rampage's face plate and sent him to the ground. Stunned, the dark Predacon could only look up to see Snarl's right foot being driven into his chest.

Skipping across the ground several yards, Rampage shook off the dizziness caused by the punch and quickly got back to his feet and faced the advancing Dinobot. He tightened his grip on his sword and prepared for another go with the Autobot, but this time giving Snarl's capabilities their due respect.

Tantrum was tremendously strong; Slag was stronger. Tantrum had excellent reflexes; Slag's were faster. Tantrum could withstand vast amounts of punishment; Slag could withstand more. Tantrum was an extremely skilled warrior; Slag was better. The brawl between these two warriors was savage; and despite their mastery of multiple combat arts, a brawl was all this could be classified as. Any semblance of art was completely absent from this conflict.

Long since abandoning their swords, Slag and Tantrum had resorted to hammering away on one another. Trading punches, elbows, knees and head butts, the two juggernauts pummeled each other mercilessly for endless painful minutes, neither showing any sign of pain, fear nor fatigue. But eventually it became clear that Slag's strikes were doing more damage, were coming faster, and that he was more effectively grappling when they clinched with one another. Despite being a worthy opponent, Tantrum was just not Slag's equal.

Slag thrust out with both hands to Tantrum's chest to push him back a few steps, and then immediately followed with a thunderous right cross to the Predacon's jaw, finally sending him to the ground. Before he could even look up, Slag was on top of him hammering away, each punch driving the horned Predacon closer to defeat, and then, given enough time, death.

True to his name, Headstrong had made the mistake of transforming to robot mode and recklessly charging the largest of the Dinobots, as he had in beast mode. Unfortunately for him, Headstrong was instantly made aware of Sludge's improved speed and agility in robot mode over his beast mode, as the Dinobot braced himself for the impact and, upon stopping the Predacon's charge, sent Headstrong hurtling back with a counter-shove.

The two warriors, each the biggest, slowest and least agile members of their respective teams, locked onto each other and began grappling, another mistake for Headstrong. Despite being faster than Sludge, Headstrong was not as powerful, and in their grappling contest the slight advantage that he had in terms of speed was all but useless. Brute strength and leverage were far more important in this close-quarters combat; traits that Sludge possessed in far greater quantities than his Predacon counterpart. Lifting Headstrong into the air, the Dinobot slammed him hard to the ground and then immediately proceeded to stomp on him with his massive feet.

Razorclaw leaned back and narrowly avoided the fiery blade of Grimlock's sword as it swiped by his face. He immediately jerked forward as the blade passed and thrust at the Dinobot Commander with his own sword, but Grimlock twisted so that Razorclaw's blade only cut the outermost portion of his shoulder armor. With amazing speed the two Commanders drew back their extended weapons and swung at each other once again, this time their swords slamming against each other in front of their wielders. Razorclaw leaned in close to Grimlock as the two pushed against each other with their swords. "I used to dream about doing battle with the legendary Grimlock. Pitting my strength, speed and skill against you and finally standing over your beaten frame, listening as you admit defeat at my hands before I finally snuff your existence."

Grimlock chuckled as he increased the force with which he was pushing against Razorclaw, sending the Predacon stumbling backward. "Dreamtime over!" Grimlock sliced at Razorclaw, who ducked just as the plasma blade whizzed by his head.

Seeing an opening, the Predacon Commander once again thrust at Grimlock's torso, this time connecting and cutting into the Dinobot's side. But before Razorclaw could withdraw his blade, Grimlock reached down with his left hand and gripped the Predacon by his sword-wielding right wrist. Razorclaw looked up just in time to see Grimlock thrust his plasma blade downward at him. The Predacon attempted to twist his body out of harms way, but was unable to avoid the blade, which plunged through his left shoulder, into his upper torso, and out his back. "Aarrrggggghhhhh!"

Jerking back with all of his strength, Razorclaw pulled his arm and sword free of the Dinobot, but realized that the wound that he had sustained was severe enough so that there would be little chance of him surviving the battle with Grimlock, much less winning it. The wounded Commander looked to the other Predacons to check on their status, and was dismayed by what he saw.

Slag and Sludge were battering both Tantrum and Headstrong respectively. Divebomb was holding his own against Swoop, but definitely not gaining the upper hand. Rampage was the only Predacon actually doing well, but Snarl was still healthy, fully charged, and nowhere near being beaten. Determining that as a team there was little to no chance of victory, Razorclaw decided to go in a different direction with this battle. A quick diagnostic check confirmed that despite his injuries, he was still capable of performing the function that needed to be performed.

Sprinting away from Grimlock, Razorclaw charged Slag and slashed him in the back. "Tantrum, get Headstong away from Sludge and both of you converge on my position!" Beating a hasty retreat from Slag and the pursuing Grimlock, Razorclaw ran to an area that would be easily accessible to Tantrum and Headstrong once they were free from Sludge. "Predacons, combine with me and eliminate our enemies once and for all!"

Tantrum threw himself into Sludge's back, knocking the Dinobot to the ground and allowing him to grab Headstrong by the arm and lift the beleaguered Predacon to his feet. "Come on!"

All four Predacons made their way to Razorclaw and began shifting their respective shapes. A moment later the ninety-foot super-warrior stood above the Dinobots. "Prepare for death, Pit Lords!"

The other Dinobots gathered around Grimlock, who looked to them and then pointed in the direction of where they had originally arrived. The other four Dinobots nodded and started walking in that direction, away from PredaKing and their Commander. Grimlock looked up at the confused gestalt and shook his head. "We, Dinobots, not die today. We come to get two questions answered. We do that...we done here." Grimlock turned and started following his troops.

"Return and face me, cowards!"

The Dinobots stopped and turned, but only Grimlock stepped toward the Decepticon. Laughing, the Dinobot Commander responded. "O.K., we fight if necessary, but realize that it Razorclaw, Rampage, Headstrong, Divebomb and Tantrum that cowards. This land not important, this flesh...” Grimlock waved over the dead cattle, horses and humans. "...Not desired by Dinobots. Dinobots and Predacons fight not as battle in war; this HONOR bout to determine superior combatants! We face each other as warriors, but Predacons run and hide behind PredaKing. Me, Grimlock, always hate Predacons, but me, Grimlock, always respect them...until now." The Dinobot Commander turned his head toward his team and nodded, to which they drew their swords and firearms.

The giant Predacon warrior remained motionlessly looking at the ground for several seconds, contemplating Grimlock's words. Finally PredaKing raised his head and looked at Grimlock. "You have this day, Dinobots, but when next we meet the Predacons will be better prepared and ready to defeat you. And should we meet on the field of battle, and not an honor bout, then you will have to deal with ME." The giant warrior stepped back and pointed in the direction that the Dinobots had arrived from. "NOW LEAVE!"

Grimlock nodded. "Til next time." The Dinobots turned and departed.

"I'm telling you Megatron, it's not possible." Hook shook his head adamantly.

"Blow it out your tailpipe, you pretentious snob!"

A glare from Megatron instantly silenced the dark newcomer. The Decepticon Commander looked to the wall of the Constructicons’ lab, where Thrust was leaning and casually listening to the discussion. "You were on Cybertron back then. Does Darkwing's story have any truth to it?"

The red Seeker immediately straightened to his feet and addressed his Commander. "Uh, well, aside from the part about utilizing energy given off by an organic; which I agree with Hook is total exhaust, his story pretty much checks out. Shockwave did do some initial experimentation on the combiner thing before he put the energon rationing into overdrive, and these two did volunteer, and Darkwing did negotiate a command assignment on one of the warships for Dreadwind and himself." The cone-headed Decepticon started cruelly chuckling. "Of course, I can't believe that these idiots think that they were ever REALLY in charge of that ship."

Megatron smiled as he saw a look of anger come over the faces of Darkwing and Dreadwind. "Meaning?"

"Shockwave didn't trust these to losers any more than I would have. He assigned one of the most powerful warriors on Cybertron to act as their First Officer." Thrust's laughter intensified. "A Warlord of Scorponock's distinction taking a subordinate position on board a pursuit ship, and these morons didn't suspect a thing! HA! Were you at least out of Cybertronian orbit before he commandeered the Catapult?"

Dreadwind looked down dejectedly. "I always thought Shockwave was a Decepticon of his word."

Darkwing shook his head. "He stuck to the letter of the agreement. I demanded a ship and a crew, and he gave us that. He never agreed not to plant the seeds of mutiny." The air warrior then looked to Megatron. "But everything I've told you is the truth, including the combining with an organic, and I can prove it!" Darkwing turned away from his Commander, and looked downward at the two six and a half foot robotic looking creatures that had escaped with them from the Quintesson craft. The two small creatures nervously fidgeted as several giant Decepticons, all of which were maliciously glaring at them, surrounded them. "Throttle, attach!" Darkwing then turned so that his back was facing the creature.

"You got it partner!" The tiny blue and gray being leapt into the air, shifted shape to a small, box-like engine, and affixed itself to Darkwing's back.

"Yeahhhh, that's the stuff." Darkwing purred as he felt his power levels increasing. The Decepticon turned toward Hook and approached him. "Now, Thrust will attest to the fact that normally, I wouldn't be strong enough to do this." With that Darkwing grabbed the Constructicon, effortlessly overpowered him, and lifted him into the air. The new arrival looked up and narrowed his optic at the infuriated Hook. "Or this." With that he hurtled the green engineer at the wall toward Thrust, who barely managed to avoid being hit by the large, green projectile. A loud clang echoed through the halls of the Nemesis, and a dazed Hook rolled out of the dent created by the impact and fell to the ground.

"WATCH IT, YOU PILE OF SLAG!" Thrust yelled out, and then started toward Darkwing. He immediately stopped upon realizing that Darkwing must be possessing enhanced strength to be able to toss a robot as big and strong as Hook around. He sheepishly turned his head and stepped back behind several Decepticon onlookers.

"Very impressive." Megatron smiled as he walked toward Darkwing and examined the metal casing housing the humanoid creature that was affixed to his back. Turning back to the group of Decepticon onlookers, the Commander lost his smile. "No harm is to befall these organics. Is that understood?"

A series of disappointed "Yes sirs" came back in reply.

Megatron then stepped before Darkwing. "Now, you and Dreadwind are to have Hook modify your alternate mode to bear a resemblance to vehicles native to this planet. We don't want the humans tattling on us to the Autobots every time they see an alien craft overhead."

Darkwing looked at the angry Constructicon as he lifted himself off the ground, and became filled with dread as he saw a malevolent smile come over his face. "Uhhh, does it have to be Hook?"

Megatron chuckled. "Of course, he's the best."

Hook's smile broadened. "I'll see you on the slab."

"Honey, I'm home!" Starscream walked into his hidden base of operations dragging a metal skid with piles of scrap and machinery strapped to it.

"How dare you keep your god bound like this!?!"

Starscream laughed as he pulled the pile of parts to the center of the large room and began undoing the netting that was keeping it securely fastened on the skid. "My apologies my lord, but I can't have you scurrying around here unsupervised." The Decepticon looked at the egg-shaped creature laying on the ground, the propulsion device built into its frame deactivated and its tentacles securely chained to the rocky wall.

"Have you no fear of my divine wrath!?!"

Starscream ceased laughing, but maintained a mirthful smile. "You see, my dear fallen deity, there is something that you need to know. Religion is for those afflicted with the condition of mortality. I have gone and remedied myself of that ailment long ago."

The Quintesson struggled to get off the ground, but ceased his fruitless attempts. Switching faces, Apolonicus addressed Starscream's boastful claims. "Fool! Yes, we created you to potentially live forever, but you are definitely not immortal! If we so will it, we can obliterate your frame and snuff your spark!"

Starscream started laughing again. "Obliterate this frame; perhaps. But my spark, well, I've gone to a great deal of trouble and effort to make sure that my spark will never be snuffed. One far more powerful than you has already taken his best shot, but I'm still very much alive, and will be so long past the point where the universe falls into chaos."

"Arrogant fool! You are nothing more than a disobedient slave whose freedom is fast coming to an end!"

Starscream shook his head. "Funny that you should mention the word slave." Starscream walked over, unchained the Quintesson and reactivated its propulsion beam generator. "Because, right now, you're mine." Apolonicus switched on his generator and was instantly hovering in front of Starscream. The Decepticon reached out and batted him toward the pile of debris in the center of the room. "Now get to work! I want an attack craft capable of achieving orbit and I want it in six days! I've managed to get more than enough parts and components from your crashed ship for you to achieve this, so start building!"

The Quintesson bobbed gently for a couple of seconds before eagerly getting started. Starscream noticed that the creature was perhaps a little too eager, but simply laughed as he had been expecting this. "Oh, and before you go attempting to build a weapon to use against me or sabotaging the craft, you should know that while I'm not familiar with your technology, I am fully competent to know what you're up to at any given time. So you best just do as I say and not only will you live through this, but you'll be amply rewarded." Starscream smirked. "A far cry from ruling the universe from your throne in Heaven, but it's the best offer you're going to get today."

The Quintesson switched faces again and grumbled, but started sifting through the large pile of what was once part of his ship. There were thrusters, large portions of various escape shuttles; everything that he would need to fill the Decepticon's order. This Starscream likely was technologically adept enough to effectively monitor his progress. "What manner of craft are you after? I doubt that I could make one as maneuverable or quick as what you already possess in your alternate mode."

Starscream smiled. "There is nothing in existence as maneuverable or as quick as I am. What I am looking for is a short range attack craft that is adequately maneuverable and fast, but which is heavily armed, armored and capable of space travel."

The Quintesson started working, but pried further into what Starscream had in mind. "It will be easy enough for me to make this a space worthy craft, but you should know that the propulsion system will lack anything in the magnitude to make interstellar travel a viable option, even for such long-lived beings as ourselves."

The Decepticon chuckled. "Good point, but one that you need not concern yourself with right now." Starscream looked toward the corner of his rocky room and admired the device that he had only just completed days earlier. "When you are far enough along, I will have you install something that will take care of that problem...I must apologize, I do not know your name."

The Quintesson cursed under his breath. Once one of the most revered gods on Cybertron, now forced into servitude by an arrogant Decepticon completely ignorant of the greatness in his presence. "I am Apolonicus, High Governor of the Quintesson Empire."

The gray Seeker smirked. "Wow, sounds impressive. I bet you get your own secretary with a title like that."

Apolonicus grumbled. "I am a first-tier Governor. I rule many and answer to only one, the great Zuelos himself."

"Groovy. So this Zuelos is kind of like Primus?"

The body of the Quintesson instantly turned toward Starscream, and the heads spun around many times before finally settling into place. "Fool! Primus is a false god generated by disobedient slaves eager to start a rebellion! He exists only in the minds of idiots like you!"

Amused by the reaction, Starscream held up his hands innocently. "OK, alright, sorry. So what exactly is Zuelos; and what are you for that matter?"

The Quintesson glared at Starscream, but the Decepticon sending a quick glance toward his arm-mounted rifles let Apolonicus know not to entertain any ideas of rebellion. The Governor turned back to his work, but for whatever reason, decided to indulge in the Decepticon and discuss details of his kind. "Zuelos is the highest ranking Quintesson, our Grand Emperor. I am his most trusted and valuable advisor. I was the one that facilitated the conq...creation of Cybertron, and its inhabitants."

Starscream chuckled. "I see. I have to say, it doesn't look like Omega Supreme and the Pit Lords were very grateful for their creations."

More grumbling came out of Apolonicus before he responded. "The Pit Lords." The Quintesson switched faces as he continued his work and proceeded to explain the disobedience of the Dinobots. "After countless vorns of defeat and ridicule at the hands of Decepticon-producing Governors like Arenius, Hadelac and Athelia, I devoted every resource of my various Autobot production facilities to creating warriors that would not only win in the Pits, but that would thoroughly dominate them. To do this I had to create warriors that were not only possessing physically unprecedented strength and power, but who were willful and defiant enough to overcome any challenge, no matter how great. I created Grimlock, Slag, Swoop, Snarl and Sludge to arrogantly decimate their enemies, and to ridicule those that dared put those enemies before them." Apolonicus switched faces and took an almost sorrowful tone. "I allowed my only weakness, pride, to bring these creatures into existence." Again switching faces, and snapping out of his slight depression, the Quintesson turned toward Starscream. "But that traitor Omega Supreme was born out of the arrogance of the great Zuelos himself!"

Starscream took a seat at a large stone chair and gently tapped his null rifles upon the arms of the chair to remind Apolonicus to get back to work. The Quintesson dejectedly returned to his task. "So, what's the deal with the big guy?"

Apolonicus huffed. "Since the dawn of Cybertron, Zuelos set out to create and possess the most massive and powerful of all Transformers, and eventually set about creating his Guardians. They were defenders to the gods and keepers of the peace; but more than that they were a status symbol to emphasize the greatness of Zuelos. The Alpha class Guardians were roughly the size of Grimlock, but every few hundred vorns Zuelos would upgrade the line, gradually increasing their size and power. The Guardians started increasing to massive sizes with the Theta class, and their strength began attaining immeasurable levels after the introduction of the Upsilon class."

The Quintesson paused, switched faces, but switched back to the face that had just been speaking. "It was at this point that we begged Zuelos to manufacture the Guardians without sentience; without the insertion of a spark. But he ignored these pleas and promised to keep them simple-minded enough so that even with a spark, they would lack the will to ever turn against us. Eventually Zuelos' arrogance and lust for power led him to create the Omega class; ponderous giants possessing strength and durability that even their great sizes could not accurately reflect, and enough firepower to ravage an entire city-state. And within this line of colossi, there were two that surpassed the rest; Titanus and Supreme." Apolonicus turned slightly toward Starscream so that his forward-facing visage could peer at the Decepticon through the corner of its right optic. "Zuelos' assumption regarding the Guardian's inability to turn against us was proven wrong with Omega Supreme. He aided rebels led by a robot known as A-Three, and..." The Quintesson turned back to his work. "Cybertron has been without its gods ever since."

Starscream snickered. "And the lack of spiritual guidance has made me the Decepticon that I am today."

Annoyed by the Decepticon's sarcasm, Apolonicus returned to building the ship. "What exactly are you planning to do with this ship anyway?"

A smile came over the face of the outcast. "A nice little hit and run attack."

"I hate it here." Hatebolt stared out over the vacant horizon and noted that it hadn't changed in the four hours that he had been staring at it. This of course was no surprise as he'd been stationed at the main weapons facility in the Martial Design and Fabrication sector of Polyhex for months and not so much as a shadow had broken the monotonous view of the desolate eastern plain in all that time. Turning around, the short, bulky Decepticon started walking back toward the other guards stationed at the northeast corner of the huge edifice. "What's a 'Con gotta do to get sent to the front lines!?!"

"Quitcher whinin'!" A thirty-four foot, broad shouldered, brown Decepticon stepped forward. "This assignment may be boring, but it's important. They've got some pretty serious hardware in this box, and if anything happens to it, there'll be the Inferno in our futures. So just pipe down and do your job!"

"Oh slag off Atrocious, the Autobots are never going to...” But before Hatebolt could finish his statement, a strange light from high above got the attention of the Decepticons. The illumination appeared to come from orbit, but quickly vanished. "What the...” Seconds later a large, conical craft and a dual rocket-mounted jet fighter came speeding down at them from above, and a moment after that five more jet fighters emerged from the rocket and shot out ahead of it with the first jet. "WE'RE UNDER ATTACK!!!"

As one, sixteen immense ion cannons that were mounted on the sides of the building started turning upward, but a barrage of missiles from the attacking aircraft sped down and hit the cannons with such precision as to indicate prior knowledge of their exact locations. "WHAT THE SLAG IS GOING ON!" Atrocious' anger-laden question regarding the sudden loss of their heavy artillery went unanswered as the other Decepticon guards began firing skyward.

A shot originating from the rocket ship impacted the ground a few feet from Atrocious and Hatebolt, incinerating Atrocious' left arm and leg, scorching Hatebolt's back, and sending over a dozen other Decepticon guards hurtling through the air. Countless more Decepticons came streaming out of the building to meet the threat, but a second shot from the gray craft obliterated the doorway, and several of the guards trying to exit through it.

From all sides of the building, Seekers took to the air to engage the attackers, but Jetfire and the Aerialbots capitalized on their momentum to cut a couple dozen of them down almost as soon as they transformed into jet mode. Many did avoid the initial onslaught, and soon a massive dogfight was underway, one that the Autobots were hopelessly outnumbered in. "Now Silverbolt!" Jetfire's order traveled over the Autobot frequency, and a moment later the Aerialbots were converging on their team leader. Though still a clumsy process, the team had been practicing their mid-air combining for weeks, and was now at the point where they could accomplish the moving merge with a good degree of competence.

The multi-colored limbs locked into place on the white and red torso, and Superion landed heavily on the roof of the building. Spotting his first target, the Autobot gestalt charged the small sensor and communications station on the center of the roof and destroyed it with a kick. Countless shots from the Seekers swirling about impacted against Superion's frame, but his multi-spark enhanced armor easily held against the barrage.

Jetfire darted away from the building, drawing close to twenty Seekers with him as he went. Omega Supreme sped through the remaining swarm of Decepticon fliers, seemingly oblivious to their attacks. His track, landing platform and tank emerged upon the roof of the building not far from Superion, and a moment later the rocket was settling into a landing. The port on the side of the rocket opened and out leapt Hot Spot and his team of Protectobots. Hot Spot was carrying a crate twice his size, but the moment they hit the roof he let it drop and his team initiated their combination sequence, and a few seconds later the massively built Defensor was firing at the Seekers with Superion.

"Defensor, please step away." The blue, white and red giant immediately heeded Omega Supreme’s request, and the many parts of the Guardian began reconfiguring into robot mode. The massive Guardian dwarfed his two colleagues as he stood upright, and in one terrifying motion, flung his clawed arm down at the roof and tore into it. Gripping a portion of the punctured sheet of armor, Omega Supreme jerked his arm upward and peeled a large portion of roofing away, exposing the interior of the building. "Jetfire, target is ready for infiltration."

Jetfire banked in every direction, narrowly avoiding the countless shots darting at him. He had been fitted with extra thrusters to aid him in orbital travel and additional armor to aid in engaging the hordes of Decepticon fliers that he would undoubtedly be facing. All of these enhancements however were adversely affecting his reflexes and agility. But despite his slightly impaired maneuverability, he was still more than capable of outrunning the Decepticons and evading their attacks. "Roger that, Omega Supreme. I'm on my way." The Autobot super jet banked sharply to the left and continued turning until he was facing the opposite direction and heading into a swarm of Seekers. Weaving skillfully through the enemy fighters, Jetfire made his way back toward the weapons manufacturing facility, downing a few Seekers as he went.

Jetfire's pursuers turned and followed him, but most were either forced to break off their pursuit or destroyed as Omega Supreme started giving his returning comrade cover fire. The Autobot Air Commander sped toward the hole in the roof that the Guardian had created, darting between Defensor and Superion who were trading fire with Decepticon ground troops who had climbed to the top of the massive building and who were advancing on their position. Jetfire slowed as he approached the gaping tear, and opened his cockpit just before he began transforming. Out shot an orange, red and yellow sound system, which expanded in size and transformed as it came to the roof, and a second later both Jetfire and Blaster were looking down into the complex.

Blaster smiled at Jetfire and leapt inside. "Here we go!" Jetfire watched his friend descend and quickly followed suit.

The two hit the floor of one of the upper levels and immediately aimed their rifles in every direction. Jetfire peered carefully in the direction opposite the one Blaster was looking. "Clear."

"Yeah, clear on this side too."

Jetfire nodded. "What are they saying?"

Blaster carefully analyzed the various communications signals going into, out of, and throughout the facility. "Darkmount knows. Reinforcements will be here in six minutes."

"Anything about the super weapon?"

Blaster listened silently for a few more seconds. "Naw, nothing. We'd better do this the hard way." The large Autobot then turned and pointed the speakers on his shins in one direction, sending a series of sonic waves through the section of the building that he was facing. The waves were designed to act as sonar, bouncing off of solid objects and returning, giving Blaster an idea of what was located in that section of the building. "Labs, a bunch of frames about our size, nothing like what we're looking for."

"Keep scanning."

Blaster turned ninety degrees and sent another series of waves, again none revealing what they were seeking. The Autobot Communications Commander turned another ninety degrees, and this time smiled, as he seemed to find what they were after. "Baby got back!"

Jetfire looked at Blaster in confusion. "What?"

"I found something...something big. And we're going to have to fight through thirteen Decepticons to get to it."

Jetfire started running in the direction that Blaster was facing. "Simple enough. Let's go!" The two Autobots sprinted through the building, exchanging fire with the Decepticon scientists that dared to face them, quickly overpowering each group.

"You know how there are four floors in this complex?" Blaster called out as they ran.

"Yes."

"Well, in the section that we're headed, the different floors were removed to create one huge hangar."

Jetfire nodded. "How much farther?"

Blaster came to a halt and transformed, but refrained from reducing size. "Just past that wall." Invisible to the naked optic, wave upon wave of sonic energy was blasted against the metal wall, causing it to shudder, crack, and eventually burst apart.

Jetfire ran to the new hole and peered down into the large hangar, joined a moment later by Blaster. "Are you sure that's it?"

Blaster smiled and jumped the four, forty-foot stories down to the floor. "Trust me, it's more than just a transport."

Jetfire leapt as well, but engaged his foot thrusters and flew to a console laid out in front of the object of their interest. "I don't doubt that, but is this thing IT?"

Blaster shrugged. "Well, what do we know about IT?"

Jetfire looked over the vehicle, which had been built to look like a human space shuttle mounted on a large ground transport. "It's supposed to have a robotic mode based loosely on an extinct Earth animal, modified was the exact word I believe; and it apparently can wipe out the entire Autobot army." The Autobot flier began punching into the keyboard of the console, bringing up the technical data of the transport.

"Hurry up Flyboy, we've got less than two minutes before reinforcements arrive."

"Alright, it's two separate components. The top section transforms into what could be a passable pterodactyl."

The sounds of footsteps could be heard approaching from a ground-level hallway leading to the hangar. Blaster ran to the doorway and began firing to keep the Decepticon guards at bay. "Swoop will be flattered. And the other section?"

"Some sort of large, short-tailed feline. Maybe a lynx?"

"Those aren't extinct!" Blaster called out between shots.

Jetfire shook his head. "Maybe not. It could be something else I suppose, it is built much larger than the standard predatory cat, almost like a bear." Suddenly a thought dawned on the Air Commander. "Smilodon fatalis!"

"What?"

"A saber-toothed cat! An EXTINCT predatory tiger with a massive build. And like the lynx, it had a stunted tail, though this frame seems to have two, and it doesn't seem to bear the protruding fangs of a Smilodon."

"MODIFIED, remember!?!"

Though not completely certain, Jetfire nodded. "Yeah, I guess this has to be it. Though, I was expecting something much more ominous."

“Decepticons tend to embellish.” Blaster opened a communications channel to the giants on the roof. "Defensor, set the big one to drill down to Jetfire's position, and position the smaller ones to drill down to ground level on other parts of the building."

"Yes sir." The deep voice of the Protectobot gestalt replied through the channel.

"Defensor, change of plans! Position the big one in the center of the building and position the others around it to maximize the damage to the entire structure as a whole; no particular section need be specifically targeted! Superion, proceed to my position!" Jetfire turned to Blaster. "I have an idea."

Blaster squeezed off a few more shots into the hallway at the ever-advancing Decepticons. "We don't have time for ideas! Let's just blast that thing and get the slag outta here!!!"

The sounds of pounding from above echoed through the entire hangar, and a few seconds later Superion had torn through the ceiling and came tumbling into the large room. A loud clang reverberated throughout the expanse as the gestalt fell on the shuttle and rolled to the ground. Jetfire called out to Blaster over the commotion. "The personality programming hasn't been installed. This thing is a blank slate!"

"SO!?!"

Jetfire turned to the giant Aerialbot. "Superion, you're going to grab this thing and fly it back to Iacon as soon as Blaster and I board it."

"WHAT!!??!!" Blaster turned away from the firefight and stared at Jetfire.

"Just get on board!" Jetfire called out as he downloaded a copy of the specifications to his personal memory bank and then latched several magnetic explosives to the console. Once completed with those tasks, the Autobot air warrior sprinted to the transport, reluctantly followed by Blaster.

The Decepticons that Blaster had been holding off charged into the large hangar, but stopped at the sight of the giant Aerialbot and dove for cover as Superion started firing upon them. The giant then turned toward the transport that Jetfire and Blaster had just boarded and clipped his rifle to the wing along his back with a built-in magnetic holster. Carefully gripping the transport, which in this mode was more than four times his size, Superion hoisted it off of the ground and activated his leg thrusters. A second later the Aerialbot gestalt and the non-living transport shot out through the roof, increasing the size of the hole that Superion had made going in significantly, and sped away from the facility.

"Reinforcements are approaching!" Blaster alerted the other Autobots through an Autobot communications frequency. Upon noting their comrades' flight from the facility and Blaster's announcement, Defensor quickly set the last of the drill-mounted explosive devices into place and activated it. The dozens of Decepticons swarming around him attempted to stop the device from burrowing through the roof, but any that were close enough to impede it in any way were easily swatted aside by the Protectobot gestalt.

Several hundred yards away, Omega Supreme was also being swarmed by dozens of Decepticons, but they were having even less impact on the Guardian than those attacking Defensor. Between his awesome strength and firepower, the ancient warrior was obliterating any and all Decepticons not quick enough to escape his wrath. Ceasing his attack on the countless enemy soldiers, Omega Supreme looked back and saw Defensor trotting toward him. In the sky behind the gestalt were hundreds of Decepticon fliers headed toward them. Defensor smiled at his massive comrade, ignoring the multitude of Decepticons chasing and firing upon him. "I could use a bath now."

"Activate force field."

Defensor complied, forcing several Decepticons that were standing close to him to bounce away, and Omega Supreme raised his claw arm at the Protectobot and unleashed a stream of flame from the rocket thruster underneath his claws. The four thousand degree Fahrenheit flame was ignored by Defensor, but immediately forced the hordes of Decepticons near him away. Omega Supreme then turned the flame toward those Decepticon troops that were near him, forcing them to retreat as well.

Momentarily free of enemy troops, both Defensor and Omega Supreme separated into their component parts and prepared their retreat. The Protectobots sprinted up the entrance ramp of the Guardian's rocket, taking some fire from a few of the arriving Decepticon reinforcements as they did so. Despite the barrage from above, all five Autobots made it safely into the craft, and a moment later the rocket was lifting away from the now-vanishing track, tank and platform.

As Omega Supreme lifted off of the building, countless Seekers and other Decepticon fliers shot by him in pursuit of Superion and the stolen super-weapon. The gray rocket shot out after them over the metal landscape of Polyhex's outer rim. Inside, Hot Spot made his way to the control panel and hailed the Communications Commander. "Blaster, come in."

"Gotcha Hot Spot. What's your situation?"

"We've cleared the weapons complex and the explosives have had more than enough time to make their way to ground level. Flip the switch, buddy!"

"Well done. Congratulate your team and tell them to hang on to something secure!"

Hot Spot wrapped his massive arms around the control panel and called out to the other Protectobots. "Hold on tight, boys! There's some turbulence headed our way!"

The gray rocket was able to all but ignore the Decepticon fire that was impacting against it, but the shockwaves from the blasts that decimated the weapons facility did cause the vessel to flutter a bit. Though unlike the dozens of Decepticons that had been firing upon it, the rocket remained aloft and continued its trek toward Iacon.

Ahead several miles, Superion and his new acquisition were being overrun by the initial wave of Decepticon reinforcements. While possessing exceptional durability, the endless barrage of Decepticon ordinance was beginning to take its toll on the Autobot gestalt. Inside the stolen transport, Jetfire frantically studied the controls. "Strap in, Blaster, I think I've figured this out!" Opening a channel to Superion, the Autobot Air Commander issued a second command. "Superion, hold on tight and disengage your thrusters the moment you feel the kick!" Jetfire's nimble fingers started darting across the keypad in front of him, and the entire control panel lit up. A second later a humming could be heard from the engines, and a moment after than both Autobots within the craft were slammed hard into their seats by the blast erupting from the craft's aft rockets.

Superion was nearly thrown off as the transport he had been hauling shot out and was now hauling him. Per Jetfire’s instructions, Superion disengaged his thrusters, held on, and enjoyed the ride as they quickly put distance between themselves and their Decepticon assailants. A smile came over the Aerilabot's face as he watched the individual features of the planet shoot past him in a blur. "You OK up there?" Blaster's voice came through an internal channel.

Superion's smile broadened. "Just enjoying the ride."

Blaster chuckled as he barely made out the gestalt's response over the sound of the wind whipping against him. He got out of his seat, walked toward the front of the craft and sat down next to Jetfire. "Superion's fine. I hope that Omega Supreme can make it through those fliers we left in the dust."

Jetfire looked at Blaster, and both of them started laughing in unison. "I almost feel bad for those ‘Cons."

"What do you mean, we're still traveling to Cybertron!?!" The green-skinned creature sternly asked the control panel in front of him.

A voice that seemed to come from every direction responded. "Dreadwing was ordered to Earth, I wasn't."

The organic creature shook his head in frustration. "Don't you understand? At your best, fuel-efficient speed you could reach this 'Earth' in roughly thirteen years, but you won't reach Cybertron for four or five hundred."

"What do you care? You'll be in hibernation throughout the duration of the trip. One year or a million; it will make no difference to you."

"But what benefit do you gain from going to Cybertron?"

Ominous chuckling bounced off of the walls of the control room. "A journey to Earth would be a waste of time. They may have a method of transport between this planet and Cybertron, but it most definitely would not be able to transport the likes of me. And I could do a great deal more for the Decepticon cause on Cybertron."

“Perhaps you should let your commanding officers make that decision?”

"The decisions of my commanding officers have often times been flawed in the past."

" I see, you lack confidence in the current leadership. I certainly can understand that."

"I know that you can. Shockwave was a competent administrator, but he cannot see beyond the narrow parameters of his 'logic'. And Megatron, well, as ideal as he would appear, he did nothing to avoid the coming famine that brought such despair upon our planet. A true leader would have found a way to prevent such suffering to his troops. I will bow to their authority when the time comes, but I know that I belong on Cybertron, and not another organic mud ball."

"And you trust Darkwing, Dreadwind and the others on the Catapult not to inform this 'Megatron' of your existence, and the upgrades that you have received since you were last on Cybertron?" The green-skinned creature smiled.

"If they tell of my 'enhancements', it is likely that no one will believe them. And even if they are believed, there is still no way for Megatron to force me to travel to Earth. Nothing on Cybertron or Earth has ever existed to prepare him for what I have become."

Both creatures shared a chuckle.

The radiation levels and overall level of destruction was only a fraction of what had occurred at The Cooler, but the detonations were enough to obliterate the weapons facility and everything that had been housed within its walls. Countless hours of research on dozens of powerful weapons, all now just a waste of time and resources. Any other officer would have sunk into a state of panicked depression had this happened on their watch. But Shockwave was incapable of either panic or depression.

The Decepticon Sub-Commander's lone optic took in the debris-scattered wasteland that had once held several keys to Decepticon victory, and considered the ramifications. A virtually complete weapon of immense offensive capability, as well as being a major asset to troop and supply movement, was now in Autobot hands. More than a dozen of the Decepticon’s top scientific minds had been destroyed. The most efficient and high tech Decepticon weapons production facility was eliminated, and over two dozen super-weapons and new technologies eliminated with it. Megatron would be furious. "How is it that the Autobots knew of this facility?"

A tall, white and green robot walked up and stood next to Shockwave amid the wasteland. "I will get right on it as soon as we return to Darkmount."

"No, you exist to lay waste to Autobot forces, not to uncover security leaks. I will find this out on my own." Shockwave started walking toward the eastern end of what had been the facility, the other robot following closely behind. "It is good that you at least were completed prior to this attack." Shockwave then raised his right wrist to his head and spoke into the communicator. "I'm here." Shockwave and his companion stopped before a small pile of rubble and waited patiently for a few moments. As they waited, Shockwave turned to the thirty-four foot robot once again. "You did give the order to quadruple the number of troops stationed at Vector Sigma, didn't you Sixshot?"

"Of course, Lord Shockwave. An entire squad of Guardian robots would not be able to gain entrance to Vector Sigma. And as long as the spark-giver remains inaccessible to the Autobots, the stolen transport will remain just that; a simple transport."

"Good." A faint sound could be heard from beneath the pile of rubble, growing louder with each passing second. Then a small section of the ground beneath the rubble seemed to open, allowing some of the debris to fall through. But a moment later a fifty-foot cubed metal box rising from the opening pushed up and to the side all the debris that had fallen. A door facing the two Decepticons slid open, and Shockwave and Sixshot entered.

The door sealed shut behind them, and next they were descending hundreds of feet down into the depths of Cybertron. The elevator slowed, and finally stopped. The door slid open to reveal an enormous, dimly lit, subterranean chamber, to which Shockwave and Sixshot stepped into.

The two imposing Decepticons strolled through the expanse, noting the multitude of sparks shooting out of the damaged ceiling lights and the dozens of technicians scurrying about on the ground, walls and hanging from the ceiling in attempts to repair the damage caused by the series of explosions that had occurred just above them several hours earlier.

The facility extended for over a mile, but what Shockwave had come to check on was just a few hundred feet ahead of him. "Aquablast, status report."

The darkly colored Engineer turned from the control panel that he had been staring at and trotted over to the Decepticon Sub-Commander. "Sir, the blasts damaged a great deal of the subterranean facility's lighting and some other minor features, but the armored ceiling held and the project is completely undamaged. We should be able to continue work on it within a few days."

Though nearly featureless, Shockwave's face gave off as much anger as his voice. "A FEW DAYS! I will not accept any further delays on this project!"

Aquablast timidly stepped back. "Sir, only Hook has the skill to design and lay out the miles of neural circuitry for something so...vast. And as Megatron has him stationed on Earth, we have only his various sets of transmitted instructions to go by, the most recent of which was scrambled by the explosions above."

Shockwave ignored the excuses and stormed past the engineer toward a massive shape hidden in the shadows. "Aside from this setback, how is the project progressing?"

Aquablast walked up next to Shockwave and peered at the partially visible shape as well. "We have been unable to match the proportionate strength capabilities of the gestalts or what we presume to be those of the Guardian. Pound for pound they still possess power which we can not seem to achieve with this project." The Decepticon engineer touched a button on his wrist, and a series of floodlights instantly lit up the object that they were discussing. Ahead of them, standing nearly five hundred feet in height towered the partially built frame of an oddly shaped, darkly colored, massively built and armed mechanical tyrannosaurus rex. Aquablast gently chuckled as he looked upon the awesome sight. "Not that that matters, because as you can see, the new and improved Tryptic battle station is packing infinitely more pounds than anything that's existed before. It'll be able to swat away five Omega Supremes with its tail alone."

Shockwave stared intently upon the enormous structure, obviously impressed. "Just finish it.”

9. King Starscream

King Starscream <b><font color=blue>The Royal Seeker</font></b> Veteran

News Credits:
    I was hoping for another episode before the end of the year and DUDE did you deliver!!! Dinobots vs. Predacons and we know who's the better team. Though the assault on the the Decepticon research station had the most action and it you supplied it in spades. I can see how Sky Lynx is coming to be and now I know who you were alluding to when Bludgeon was looking at one of Shockwave's projects and saying "six.":)  Though, from the looks of the end of the chapter it looks like the Grapple and Hoist better get their little "project" in gear otherwise Predaking will be the least of their giant worries. And if I didn't say it before, this episode just reeks of AWESOMENESS!!!! :D 

10. Negativedark

Negativedark Stealth Gesalt

Ahh.... Two of my all time favorate Decepticons appear, Sixshot and Scorpinok. You know the bot's are really gonna need to get Vector Sigma back some day.

11. White

White like the color

Absolutely fantastic as usual!

12. predaking138

predaking138 Active Member

wow this is so good as usual!

13. zimz0r

zimz0r Member

Excellent as usual. I wonder if they'll get a spark from the Matrix like they did with Jetfire.

14. Spider Striker

:)  :D  ;)  :ev:  :ROCK :thumb :

15. peteynorth

Episode 31: Once And For All

A slight hiss could be heard as the door to the infirmary slid open, allowing Optimus Prime to enter the quiet, yet fairly busy room. Ratchet looked up from his patient and addressed the visibly irritated Autobot commander. "Not now, Prime. I have a strict rule about browbeating my patients as I'm working on them. Especially patients who sustain major injuries and neglect to get treatment for several days. I’ll be the only Autobot berating Grimlock in here."

The patient shook his head and countered the physician that was currently working on the painful gash in his side. "No, is alright. Me Grimlock need to discuss matter with Prime; matter that can't wait."

Prime nodded. "It appears that we're on the same page for once.” The Autobot Commander sent a stern look at the massive Dinobot. “First of all, where do you get off ignoring my inquiries and direct orders, and then issuing a cryptically worded order to Omega Supreme?"

"Me Grimlock no order Omega Supreme to do anything. Me Grimlock just inform him of bit of news that me think he find interesting. Guardian's reaction to news predicted by me Grimlock, but not ordered."

Prime took a step closer to the Dinobot Commander and peered intently at him. "No more games. I want to know exactly what's going on with these Quintessons, and more importantly, I want you to remove that chip that's been on your shoulder since the day you arrived on Earth. Do you understand?"

Grimlock stared back at Prime as a wave of sparks created from Ratchet's laser-scalpel bounced off of the Dinobot's injured side. "Yes, no more games." The gray, yellow and black patient paused for a moment before continuing in his ominous tone. "Me Grimlock will inform Autobots of all me Grimlock know about Quintessons. It important troops know as much about enemy as possible. As soon as Ratchet done, me Grimlock will assemble Autobots and we track down and capture Quintesson that escape, and maybe Starscream too. Quintesson threat our top priority."

Prime shook his head. "I will determine the priority level of the threat these Quintessons pose once you've been debriefed. But regardless, protecting the Earth and Cybertron from Megatron is now, and will remain, our number one priority."

Grimlock angrily shook his head. "NO! We not ignore 'Cons, but focus must be on Quintessons! We must find where Starscream take Apolonicus! This priority!"

"No Grimlock, you've got it backwards. The Quintesson attack was inferior to any Decepticon offensive that I've ever heard of. We will take all reasonable precautions, and any proactive measures that do not interfere with our combating the Decepticon threat, but unless you tell me that they've got a few dozen Guardians waiting in the wings, they're definitely going on the back burner."

"Back burner!?" Though not familiar with the expression, Grimlock was well aware of what Prime meant. The Dinobot stood up and intensified his glare at the Autobot Commander, knocking Ratchet aside as he did so. "You mention removing chip from me Grimlock's shoulder. Me Grimlock also want that gone, but only way to remove chip is by removing Prime."

Optimus's optics narrowed as his determined stare turned into an enraged one. "ARE YOU THREATENING ME?"

Grimlock carelessly shrugged. "That depend on Prime. Me Grimlock patiently give Prime chance to prove worth, but me Grimlock come to conclusion that Prime unfit to lead Autobots, and need to be removed. If Prime step down voluntarily, we get along. Me Grimlock even keep Prime as battlefield commander and advisor if that happen. But if Prime resist, then me Grimlock remove him by force."

Prime folded his arms and nodded. "I see. I had hoped that you had become wiser since you pulled this same garbage with Blaster, but apparently you haven't." The red leader let his arms fall to his sides and shook his head. "Despite the brand you bear on your chest, there's still a great deal that you do not understand about Autobots. Determining command by combat is an archaic ritual practiced only by Decepticons." Prime turned and started toward the door.

"Maybe that why Decepticons winning war."

Prime stopped and turned his head slightly. "Come see me when Ratchet has completed your repairs. We'll finish this discussion at that point."

"Yes, me Grimlock can't wait." The Dinobot growled as Prime left the infirmary, looking down immediately afterward to see an agitated Ratchet approaching him to continue his repairs.

Let bygones be bygones. Kickback laughed as he remembered himself saying this to Chop Shop shortly after the confrontation between the two Insecticon teams. The phrase was initially met by skeptical audio receptors, but it wasn't long before Kickback and the big red kleptomaniac were swapping tales over vials of tainted energon. The most recent, and significant of these social get-togethers had occurred the previous day.

The two Insecticons were absorbing a batch proudly contaminated by Rumble, and the befouled energon had a way of making the Cybertronians that consumed it significantly less tight-lipped. Being created into a world of famine, where such treatment of energon would be considered an inexcusable waste, Kickback was only now learning to utilize the tainted element's inhibition-reducing attributes. But the devious Insecticon had proven to be a quick study as Chop Shop eventually felt comfortable enough with his new buddy to confide in him about his skills at acquiring the property of others.

Kickback now looked to the object of his contemplation, which remorsefully turned away when he noticed the dark Insecticon peering at him. Chop Shop had regretted revealing his thievery to the sneaky Kickback almost immediately after the revelation. Though fairly new to both existence and to the Decepticons, he had seen and heard enough not to trust Kickback, and internally scolded himself for letting his guard down around the espionage agent.

Of course, this was information that Kickback was already well aware of prior to Chop Shop's bragging. Under the tutelage of Bombshell, the Insecticon spy had managed to construct a small robotic grasshopper that had been traveling undetected throughout the Nemesis for over a week now, sending recorded images of unsuspecting Decepticons to the devious Kickback. Images that constituted a virtual treasure trove of blackmail ammunition to use when the time was right. Of course, he still had to act surprised at the previous day's confession.

This morning the two new friends had accompanied Bombshell and Venom as they escorted Megatron and Astrotrain to the space bridge to send another shipment of energon to Cybertron, and to escort a few new warriors to the Nemesis. Astrotrain, in locomotive form, was now traveling through the bridge to Cybertron to deliver the load of energon in his cargo bay. He would be returning shortly with the new Earth-bound Decepticons, but in the meantime Kickback decided to put his regret-filled new friend into a false state of ease. "Hey Chop Shop, any side effects from last night's bender?"

Like with humans and alcohol, the bodies of Cybertronians had to flush out the impurities taken in with the tainted energon, a process that left the Cybertronian in a sluggish, uncomfortable state for hours afterward. Chop Shop's hangover was especially brutal. He silently reminded himself to never imbibe anything brewed by Rumble again, before responding to Kickback. "Uhn. I feel like I spent the night in Mixmaster's drum while he was whipping up a batch of steel-consuming acid."

Kickback and Bombshell chuckled, Venom seemed to be less than approving of the previous day's shenanigans, and Megatron remained completely uninterested in the conversation. Kickback smiled playfully at his drinking buddy. "The humans have an expression about the hair of a dog being helpful for those in your condition. Maybe I could hunt down a coyote for you? They're fairly abundant in these parts from what I hear."

"Enough of this insipid discussion!" Megatron had been feeling irritated for days, ever since the theft of a super-weapon and the destruction of his most prized weapons design and manufacturing facility. He had originally accompanied Astrotrain and the four Insecticons on this menial task with the intention of traveling to Cybertron and blasting that inept Shockwave to pieces, but changed his mind half way through the trip to the stretch of Mexican desert that was the current home of the space bridge. But despite finding the patience to grant Shockwave a stay of execution, he could not handle a juvenile conversation about overconsumption between Insecticons.

The four Insecticons were silent, and Chop Shop slowly walked over to Kickback and whispered. "Hey, about what I told you yesterday..."

Kickback raised his hand and whispered back. "Consider it forgotten."

Chop Shop peered skeptically at the black and purple Insecticon. "Really? You know, you have a reputation for manipulating others with information like this."

Kickback shook his head. "No, I have a reputation for manipulating ENEMIES with information like this. You and I are buddies and teammates. You have nothing to worry about from me." Kickback chuckled inwardly. Chop Shop and the other Insecticons that he was spawned with were keeping some other secret, a secret that was much juicier than Chop Shop's kleptomania; one that seemed to involve the Predacons as well. And one way or another, Kickback was going to discover what that secret was. And right now the best way to make that discovery seemed to be by becoming buddies with Chop Shop.

Chop Shop nodded, with a slight degree of relief. A sound from above caught the attention of all five Decepticons. All optics turned upward to see a small shape cutting through the clouds. Megatron's loud voice startled the others further. "Scanners!"

Venom nervously fidgeted at Megatron's order. "Sir, most of the scanning equipment was on board Astrotrain."

Megatron grumbled as he accessed his own personal scanning systems. The object was just coming into range of the sensors housed within his frame. "The craft appears to be of alien design and manufacture, but it does possess some Decepticon technology." The massive Decepticon leader narrowed his optics as he peered at the quickly approaching vessel.

Suddenly, bright flashes were seen emanating from the object. "It's firing!" Bombshell called out as they all took cover. The shots struck where Megatron had been standing, and the resulting explosion created a fifteen-foot crater, sending dirt, rock and sand spraying everywhere.

The small, heavily armored craft swooped down and strafed the area with laser fire, scattering the Decepticons even more. Megatron leapt to his feet and attempted to train his fusion cannon on the craft, but it shot back into the sky and looped around for another run, unleashing a pair of high-powered missiles at the Decepticon commander. "Arrgghhh!!" Megatron groaned as he managed to avoid getting hit dead-on, but failed to evade the blast and was thrown sixty feet away.

The battered commander looked up from the ground to see the craft swooping back into the sky to prepare for another run. Laughter suddenly came through Megatron's wrist communicator, laughter that he was all too familiar with. "STARSCREAM!"

"How do you like my new toy, Megatron?" The ship sped toward the ground once again, sending a barrage of lasers at the downed Decepticon leader.

Megatron rolled to his left, narrowly avoiding the attack. "How many times must you fail before you realize that I cannot be killed?"

The question elicited more laughter from Starscream. "Durable, yes; immortal, not quite. And believe me, I know of what I speak when it comes to immortality."

Megatron jumped to his feet. "Well then, if you were to come down here I'd be happy to put that claim to the test."

"I'm sure you would, but I rather like the view from up here." Starscream snickered before directing the craft back down for another attack. "Believe it or not, Megatron, I will actually miss you after I've blown you to atoms...well, perhaps not...but I will miss the ANTICIPATION of blowing you to atoms."

"ANTICIPATE THIS!" Megatron let loose a bolt from his fusion cannon, but Starscream's skill as a pilot allowed him to avoid the strike and counter with another pair of missiles, one of which struck Megatron in his broad chest. "Aaaarrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhh!" The smoldering chrome frame bounced across the barren ground and came to a halt beside a large boulder.

"Victory is mine!" Starscream's voice shot through Megatron's wrist as the ship unloaded a series of laser blasts across the ground to discourage the Insecticons from intervening. In his excitement, the former Air Commander failed to notice the space bridge powering up. All he could see was the barely-stirring prey that he was about to dispatch once and for all. "Time to end this, Megatron." Starscream prepared two more missiles and set out to lock on one last time. Suddenly, the ship rocked - shots from the rear, shots not coming from the scattered Insecticons. "WHO DARES?" Starscream activated the rear viewscreen to see four strange creatures firing on him and a locomotive speeding away from the space bridge.

Astrotrain transformed to space shuttle mode and took off after the craft that had Megatron pinned down. "I dare, Starscream!" The triplechanger shot out after the attack craft. "Nice ride, it's almost a shame that I have to blast it out of the sky."

Forced to break off his attack on Megatron, Starscream angrily shot back verbally. "Oh, shut up you winged box! I've filled scrap yards with the corpses of better fliers than you!"

Astrotrain laughed as gave chase to the alien-built craft. "Perhaps with your body, but not as a pilot in a shuttle craft. That thing's built for hammering ground targets, not for dogfighting Decepticon fliers."

Starscream cursed silently as he realized that Astrotrain was right. Piloted crafts, no matter how well built or piloted, could not match a living Transformer in terms of reaction time. And even if he could get the better of Astrotrain in one-on-one aerial combat, this fight was not truly equal. Venom had transformed and was darting into the sky to aid the triplechanger, and the other Decepticons were filling the sky with ordinance meant to bring the fugitive down.

Starscream would not be killing Megatron this day. "Slag it all to the Inferno!" The former Air Commander sped higher into the sky, cursing himself for wasting this opportunity. "You get a stay of execution today, but next time I'll finish you off, you rusty trombone!" The ship darted through the stratosphere and into orbit, with Astrotrain in pursuit a few miles behind. Reaching a safe distance, Starscream activated the wormhole generator, and shot into the tear in space.

Astrotrain veered away from the portal and contacted his leader. "Lord Megatron, it appears that the ship that Starscream was piloting has a wormhole generator installed. He's gone sir."

Megatron painfully rose to his feet as Astrotrain's message came through, grumbling as he did so. "More good news." As the Decepticon Commander finally straightened up, the four newcomers approached him. Looking each of them over, Megatron once again displayed his agitation. "Take those ridiculous things off!" The irritated Commander watched with mild curiosity as the nanites that made up each of the Pretender shells peeled off of and disappeared into their respective frames. Finally able to identify the Decepticons before him, Megatron addressed their leader. "Greetings, Bludgeon. Welcome to Earth."

The green and red warrior bowed. "It is good to be here, Lord Megatron."

Megatron looked up at the approaching space shuttle. "You and Blight will board Astrotrain with me. Stranglehold and Octopunch will aid the Insecticons in relocating the space bridge." The two Pretenders that had been assigned the labor detail considered complaining, but knew that any sign of dissention would be severely punished by both Bludgeon and Megatron. The large craft landed and Bludgeon and Blight aided their battered Commander inside.

Stranglehold, Octopunch and the Insecticons watched Astrotrain take off into the sky before setting out to transport the large bridge. Kickback looked over his comrades and shook his head. "Megatron didn't put a lot of thought into his selection."

Venom snapped back. "Shut your mouth! It is not our place to question Megatron!" Nervously, the Insecticon leader wondered if he was overdoing it with his display of blind allegiance to the Decepticon Commander.

Kickback sent the green, orange and silver robot a glare as he replied. "All I'm saying is that none of the Insecticons have alternate modes equipped to handle a long range haul." The black and purple Decepticon looked to the two newcomers. "Hopefully you guys transform into cargo transports of some sort."

Stranglehold shrugged. "Nope, I transform into a...” The yellow and green robot looked to his fellow Pretender. "What do you call it?"

The yellow and red Octopunch replied. "Rhinoceros."

"Yeah, a rhinoceros. And Octopunch here transforms into a...” Stranglehold looked to his friend for assistance once again.

"Crab."

"Yeah, a crab. Blight would have been the ideal one to pick for this duty. He's a..."

"Truck." Octopunch shook his head. "Primus, Stranglehold, you are an idiot."

"Shove it up your..."

Suddenly interested, Chop Shop interrupted Stranglehold. "So you're animals like us?" Though the question applied to both Pretenders, Chop Shop was intently staring at Octopunch.

"Not like you. Our beast modes are purely mechanical. The nanites only work in our robotic modes."

"What made you choose a crustacean?"

Octopunch was a little startled by the immediate follow up question from the red Insecticon. "Uh, I don't know. My function is submersible demolitions, so I figured an aquatic form would be best. I like to manually destroy my targets, so an animal mode seemed more appropriate than a human-made vessel, and I like the claws that the crab had."

"Yeah, I dig the clamps too." Chop Shop nodded admiringly at the Pretender's feet, the body parts that obviously transformed into the claws in animal mode.

Venom decided to direct everyone's attention back to the task at hand. "Well, if you two are done discussing the indigenous wildlife of the Earth's seas, I think we'd better start figuring out how and where we're going to transport this thing."

"Hey Professor, hold up."

Perceptor turned to see Ultra Magnus walking toward him. The Autobot scientist tucked the flat, portable computer that he was holding under his arm and waited for the Sub-Commander outside the energon consumption chamber, or 'The Mess Hall' as those Autobot soldiers enamored of Earth culture referred to it. "Hello Ultra Magnus. It is exceptionally amenable to behold your approach."

"Uh, yeah, you too. Any progress on the transport?" The massive Autobot asked as he reached the scientist. The two started walking down the hallway together, toward the large laboratory that held the newly acquired piece of Decepticon technology.

"Well, lamentably I was correct in my assumption that they were successful in utilizing the wormhole generation technology that I provided the specifications for while under Bombshell’s sway; this transport is equipped with a functional equivalent to the one that I built onto the Ark prior to its send-off.” The scientist shook his head sadly, but then seemed to cheer up slightly and continue. “On a positive note, we have also completed some minor changes to give it a less ominous appearance in all modes, though it still will elevate the anxiety of those facing it in any sort of altercation." Perceptor chuckled. "But to those that are allied with this construct, its new manifestations will be quite agreeable to the optic."

Magnus seemed a little annoyed with the response. "Uh, Perceptor, I'm not too concerned with whether you've prettied it up or not. I'm more interested in whether or not you've figured out how to get it up and running and what its combat capabilities will be."

Perceptor nodded. "I believe that we have made those determinations. As you know, there are two components involved; one that transforms from space shuttle to some sort of bird, and one that transforms from a large ground transport into some sort of enormous feline. We have estimated that each individual robotic component has an impressive neurological set up and memory capacity, excellent reflexes and agility, possesses strength on par with that of Superion, and that they are capable of combination in either vehicular modes or robotic modes. It is also clear that the objective of the Decepticon engineers that fabricated these leviathans was to implement the spark integration technology utilized by the gestalts. Rough estimates put the power level of this gestalt beyond that of even Omega Supreme."

The large Autobot dejectedly shook his head as he realized what they had been so close to having. "Unfortunately, possessing such a super-warrior will probably not be an option for us. We've analyzed every possible scenario at assaulting Vector Sigma, but it's extremely unlikely that we're going to gain access to it to give these new frames individual sparks." Magnus's demeanor dimmed even further. "Without Vector Sigma, there's only one other way to bestow life upon these frames, and Prime has stated that that option is not to be even considered until all other possible alternatives have been analyzed and found to be unacceptable." The grim soldier looked toward Perceptor. "So, have you been able to think of any other way of utilizing this thing effectively without getting new sparks?"

Perceptor nodded and waited a few seconds before answering. "There are a couple of options. Shortly after the start of the war, the Decepticons developed a way to transfer sparks and memory banks from one frame to another. We believe that we can replicate the procedure, but it has never been attempted by Autobots, and even the Decepticons have not perfected the procedure."

Magnus nodded as they continued walking down the hall. "High risk, but it can potentially achieve the results that we're looking for. Have your team begin working out the details of this potential course of action."

"I have already completed the necessary research and determined not only the necessary course of action to be taken for this procedure, but the chances of success as well and failure if undertaken.” The was a momentary pause as the scientist seemed to be thinking deeply. “But there is one other option." Perceptor looked up at Magnus with subdued excitement. "One for which I have also worked out all of the details."

"What other option is that?"

"Consider the option of not going with a gestalt. True, a multi-spark combination would provide a nearly immeasurable level of strength and durability, but the merging of separate minds and the conglomeration of particularized body parts would severely limit intellect, speed, reflexes and agility."

Magnus shook his head. "But as individuals, these Autobots could utilize their respective speeds and intelligences. They would only merge if we required that level of strength."

Perceptor shrugged. "But what if I told you that there was a way to have their combined form achieve a level of strength that was more than one hundred sixty percent of that of Superion's, but maintain one hundred percent of the mental capacity and roughly ninety percent of the reflexes and agility that is possessed in the individual modes?" Perceptor watched as Magnus considered this option.

The scientist continued as Magnus pondered what he was hearing. "Keep in mind that PredaKing's effectiveness against Omega Supreme is not a result of strength. Omega Supreme is still vastly stronger than the Predacon gestalt, but he lacks PredaKing's reflexes. It is PredaKing's speed that we must counter, and while a gestalt created from the two new giants might be slightly stronger than Omega Supreme, being composed of such massive components and possessing the miles of separate sets of neural circuitry that it does would probably make it move a good degree slower than the Guardian. The scenario that I am envisioning would allow this new warrior to possess both similar strength and reflexes to those of PredaKing, and greater intelligence."

Magnus shook his head. "All right, I'm interested. What exactly are you describing here?"

Perceptor thoughtfully nodded. "In short, I am looking at one spark shared by both frames. Only the top component, the bird if you will, will truly be alive. And there will only be one unique personality involved."

Magnus made no attempt to hide his confusion. "I don't understand. Do you mean to leave the ground transport a non-sentient drone?"

"No, not at all. The feline has a fully functioning brain and nervous system, and while separated, it will possess a duplicate personality of the bird. Separate, yet identical in terms of thought processes, intelligence and decision-making. It will be able to function wholly independently of the bird component for an as yet undetermined length of time, but everything that either component sees, hears or encounters can be experienced by the other component via a type of mental link. Once they physically reconnect, the bird section regains control of the combined form and both memory banks are instantly updated with each other's experiences."

Magnus suddenly realized where the scientist was going with this. "You're describing Links!"

Perceptor nodded. "Yes."

Magnus shook his head. "I agree that that sort of interaction between these new components would be ideal, but Links' abilities are due to a spark mutation that our scientists can't explain, much less duplicate."

"Well...” Perceptor gave a hint of a smile. "That is where we go back to the Decepticon science of spark transference."

"But would that work?" Magnus looked ahead of them toward the doors that led to the laboratory housing the newly acquired frames. "I mean, when Links was originally re-built there was a great deal of modification done to his brain and nervous system."

Perceptor smiled. "In their attempt to create a gestalt, the Decepticons created neurological links from the brain and nervous system of one frame to those of the other. I intend to utilize those pre-existing pathways to recreate the interaction that Links currently has between his two components."

Magnus incredulously smiled. "Are you certain that you can accomplish this?"

Perceptor looked down and shook his head. "Certain? No. But theoretically I should be able to accomplish it. It will be drastically more complicated than the pre-existing procedure pioneered by the Decepticons, as I will need to transfer not only the spark and memory banks, but also the entirety of his existing nervous system. He must be completely severed from his current bodies, and his nervous systems need to be built into and incorporated with the neural circuitry of the new frames. Otherwise, with his abnormal traits, he may remain linked to his old bodies and reject his new ones, thereby making for significant neurological damage and perhaps even death."

"Ughn." Magnus groaned at the thought of such a surgery as he reached out to open the dual-doors to the lab. "That's as invasive as it gets. Do you think he'll go for it?" As they entered the large laboratory they were met by a sight nearly too strange for either of them to accept. In the center of the room they saw the objectionable image of Links intently peering up at the majestic form of the new frames in combined bestial mode.

Perceptor marveled at the contrast between the beauty of the larger dual-bodied frame and the abhorrence of the comparatively smaller cousin. It was difficult to imagine that such differing structures would possess so much in common, including, should the proposed process be accepted and successful, the same life. "That is precisely why I 'prettied it up'."

Magnificence. This structure standing before him was nothing short of glorious. The splendor of his frame prior to its mutilation into what currently housed his tortured soul paled in comparison to the vision towering over him now. The very embodiment of power, speed and grace; Links was overwhelmed with feelings of both love and envy for the new frame.

"Hello, Links." The words snapped the Autobot out of his reverie and he turned to see Perceptor addressing him, with Ultra Magnus standing next to the scientist. "Thank you for coming."

"Uh, no problem. Why exactly am I here?" The confused officer turned fully so that he was facing the smaller Autobots.

Perceptor stepped forward and looked from Links to the new dual-frame. "We wish this new frame to have the multi-body control that you possess."

The frightening head nodded its seeming understanding. "I see, and you want to use me as a blueprint, right?"

Magnus replied. "Not so much blueprint as a transplant."

Links confusedly peered at the Autobot sub-commander. "What?"

The scientist held out the small computer that he had been carrying under his arm for Links to take. "We are unable to replicate your abilities at this time, no matter how much we study you. The details of what we propose are listed in this computer. Feel free to take it to your quarters and study it thoroughly. But in summary, there is veracity in Ultra Magnus' statement; our current proposal is to disembody your spark, cerebral circuitry, memory banks and nervous system temporarily and install them into the new frames." Perceptor looked down, knowing that there was little likelihood of any healthy being agreeing to undergo such a dangerous operation.

Magnus stepped forward and stood next to Perceptor. "There is a great deal of risk involved, and we fully understand if you choose not to undergo the process. But please think about it."

Links looked down at the blank screen of the computer, and was met by the horrifying image of his own current reflection. "When can we start?"

"And Perceptor is confident that he can safely perform the surgery?" Prime leaned forward, placing both hands on the console that he was speaking into. Sitting to his right was Jazz, who was monitoring the technical aspects of the transmission so that his Commander's conversation with Ultra Magnus back on Cybertron was clear of static or any other interference. Standing several feet behind them and to the left were Ironhide and Prowl, both of whom were listening intently to the discussion.

"He's confident, but he's also quick to point out that there is no precedent for this type of procedure and that Links' unique abilities may somehow cause some unforeseen side effects. Theoretically it should work, but he can't offer any guarantees."

Prime nodded at the voice coming through the speaker mounted on the console. "And Links is willing to go through with it?"

Magnus' light laughter could be heard. "Willing isn't the word. He's insisting that it be performed immediately."

Prime stood straight up and thought deeply about the situation. "Prime." The Autobot Commander looked down at Jazz, who was looking toward the entrance to the room.

Prime turned his head and saw Grimlock entering the room, with the other four Dinobots following behind. Grimlock's optic was narrowed and glowing brightly, an outward indication that he was here on serious business. Optimus nodded his acknowledgement and turned back to the console. "Magnus, it sounds to me like Perceptor has things fairly well worked out and Links is more than willing to go through with it. Proceed with the surgery. Prime out."

"Yes sir." Magnus' voice was followed by a click and a hiss as the signal was severed on Iacon's end.

Jazz switched off the Ark's link to the signal as well, turned and smiled up at Prime. "If this works, man...Decepticons watch out!" The white Autobot jubilantly spun around in his swiveling chair, but lost his excitement as he once again caught sight of the menacing Dinobots standing across the room.

Prime turned to Grimlock as well. "Shall we discuss this in my chambers?"

Grimlock shook his head. "Nothing to discuss. Me Grimlock assuming command of Autobots. Optimus Prime either on board with this, or Optimus Prime die."

"Now hold it right there, you dog-gone lizard!" Enraged, Ironhide started marching toward the Dinobot Commander. "Where in the gol' darned Inferno do you get off!?! Legend or no legend, ain't none of us Autobots is ever gonna follow the likes of you!"

Grimlock looked down at the approaching red Autobot, and without any outward warning, sent the back of his clenched fist across the elderly Autobot's jaw. Ironhide flew back and to the ground thirty feet away, skidding across the metal floor for another ten feet before finally coming to a stop.

"All Autobots to the command center!" Jazz sprang out of his seat as he sent the message over the Ark's intercom, and then proceeded to charge at the Dinobots.

"JAZZ, PROWL, STAND DOWN! GRIMLOCK, GET OUT OF MY SHIP AND NEVER RETURN!" Prime was infuriated, but he was not going to take Grimlock's bait. "We have no more use for you and your thug tactics!" The Autobot Commander looked over the other Dinobots. "You four may stay, but you will need to curb your violent and belligerent tendencies and put an end to your relationship with Grimlock." Prime watched as the Dinobots reacted just as he knew they would, with ominous laughter. "Fine, leave with Grimlock."

Chuckling with his teammates, Grimlock stepped forward and addressed the commander he meant to depose. "Prime no understand. This my ship now." The Dinobot pointed at Ironhide, who was slowing getting back to his feet. "That my soldier. I disciplined him in manner I saw fit." Grimlock continued forward toward Prime. "And now it time for me to discipline you for your insubordination!"

Jazz stepped in front of Prime to block the mutinous Dinobot's path. It seemed a hopeless gesture until the other Autobots started charging into the large, cavernous room. Brawn, at the forefront of the arriving Autobots, scanned the scene in nervous confusion. "What's going on?"

Prowl quickly glanced at the group of Autobots streaming into the room. "Grimlock is assuming command again!"

Groans could be heard from a few of the arriving Autobots. Grimlock looked at them, and then to his fellow Dinobots, to whom he simply nodded. With that, the other four Dinobots charged the oncoming Autobots.

Brawn and Smokescreen leapt at Snarl, who was at the forefront of the stampeding Dinobots. The massive gray warrior simply swatted aside the Minibot and shoved Smokescreen back into several other Autobots, knocking Wheeljack and Slingshot to the floor.

A red blur shot over Smokescreen's toppling frame and darted at Snarl. Sideswipe unloaded a right cross to the Dinobot's jaw and a right knee to his chest a fraction of a second later. Unfortunately for Sideswipe, Snarl had no difficulty weathering the assault and reacted instantly by grabbing the airborne Autobot by the left thigh, twisting and slamming him against the wall. But as his concentration was on Sideswipe, Snarl failed to notice an enraged Sunstreaker leaping at him. The yellow warrior delivered a two-finger strike to Snarl's right optic, one that shattered it and damaged enough circuitry to render the optic useless.

For his efforts, Sunstreaker was rewarded with a left haymaker from Swoop, sending the yellow twin back into the hallway he and most of the other Autobots had emerged from. Darting through the group of nervous Autobots, Jetfire made his way into the fray, cold cocking Swoop and sending the Dinobot stumbling back. Sludge charged at him, and the Autobot air commander stopped him with a left sidekick. But only for a moment, as the Dinobot absorbed the strike and advanced on the tall, white Autobot.

Jetfire leapt into the air and ignited his foot thrusters, sending him up toward the high ceiling and out of Sludge's deadly reach. From his overhead position he could observe a triceratops barreling into the throng of Autobots, knocking them down, to the sides, or into the air. The flyer quickly descended to rejoin the brawl.

"Call off your Dinobots and I'll fight you!" Prime announced to the advancing Grimlock, who was easily swatting Jazz to the floor.

Grimlock nodded. "PIT LORDS, stand down!" The Dinobot Commander continued forward and stopped directly in front of Prime. "Me Grimlock been waiting for this moment."

Prime nodded and growled back. "Outside."

"Saloria is insisting that we return to New Harbornia." Arcee gently tightened her grip of Elita One's inert hand. "Without you, we do not have anyone willing to oppose her." Sitting just to the right of the metal slab that Elita was resting upon, Arcee shook her head sadly and looked down. "We don't know what to do."

"Arcee?"

The pink Femme looked up to see Chromia, Firestar and Moonracer standing at the door of the infirmary. "What is it, Chromia?"

"We'd like to have a word with you. In the hallway." The darker hued blue Femme responded.

"Of course." Arcee carefully withdrew Elita One's hand from her own and placed it on the comatose Femme's chest before standing up and following her comrades into the hallway. Paradron, who had been administering to another patient, accompanied them as they left. Waiting for them in the hall were the other surviving members of the Solar Flare's crew, all ninety-four of them stretching the entire distance to the elevator on the far wall. Startled, Arcee immediately came to a halt. "What's going on?"

Chromia turned to her and sent a look of tenderness at the pink Femme. "With Elita One's current condition, we are without a leader."

Firestar twisted her head, looked over the mass of other Femmes, returned her gaze to Arcee and continued. "We want you to take her place as Acting Commander until she recovers."

"WHAT?" Arcee was dumbfounded. "You're kidding, right?" She had been amazed when she was not only nominated, but also elected to a seat on New Harbornia's Governing Council. There were others with much more experience, and who were better equipped for the leadership position, but the Femmes had selected her. That surprise paled in comparison to the shock that she was feeling now. "This has got to be a joke!"

Moonracer smiled broadly at her friend. "We need a leader. That leader is you."

Arcee shook her head. "No. No, this can not be happening." Catching sight of Paradron, Arcee suddenly addressed her. "Paradron is also on the Council, and has a great deal more seniority than I. SHE is Elita's appropriate successor!"

The medic simply smiled softly. "The Council is a peace time governing body, and were this a time of peace, then yes, I would take leadership. But no matter what As much as it pains me, and no matter what Saloria would tell you, we ARE at war. We need a wartime commander. The time of running from our problems and turning a blind optic to Decepticon aggression has long since passed." The green-blue Femme approached Arcee and gingerly gripped her shoulder. "And that is what you must make clear to her. Our place, and our duty, is here." Paradron stared deeply into her new commanding officer's optics. "We are not going back."

The layout brought to mind a schoolyard fight. Dozens of gawking robots gathered around the two soon-to-be combatants, shouting encouragement to their preferred warrior. The massive red frame of Optimus Prime stood out on the rocky landscape leading away from the Ark. Fifty yards in front of him was the even larger gray form of his opponent, Grimlock.

"This isn't necessary Grimlock. Autobots do not settle matters in this way." Prime attempted one last attempt at diplomacy, knowing that had no chance at success.

"Prime agree to honor bout. Prime no get out of his agreement." The Dinobot Commander chuckled. "Of course, Prime welcome to TRY walking away, but me Grimlock make sure you not get far."

Prime acknowledged that the fight was unavoidable with a nod. "You must realize that regardless of the outcome, this fight will not determine who will be the Autobot Commander."

More chuckling came out from behind Grimlock's faceplate. "We see about that." Suddenly the Dinobot charged at Prime, raising his right fist as if to deliver a punch. Prime instantly crouched and prepared for the assault, raising his left arm slightly in anticipation for Grimlock's punch. But as Grimlock reached Prime his right fist jerked back and he delivered a punishing left roundhouse to the side of Prime's head.

The Autobot commander stumbled back several yards, but Grimlock was not letting up in his onslaught, and fired off a right uppercut to the center of Prime's wide chest. The second blow launched Prime into the air and slammed him against a jagged rock face. The red Autobot plummeted twenty feet to the ground, his back scraping against the rock the entire way down. Just as his feet touched the ground, a flying thrust kick from Grimlock into Prime’s abdomen imbedded all but his legs into the rock he was backed up against.

"Man, at least he gave me a few moments before going full blast." Blaster shook his head sadly as he whispered to the anxious Jetfire, Prowl and Spike. "He's going straight for the kill with Prime."

"I can't watch this." Spike shook his head sadly, turned and started walking up a stretch of rock that led to the section of mountain above and to the left of the Ark.

Grimlock reached into the cavity he had used Prime's frame to create and pulled his opponent out by the head, hurling him to the ground several yards away. No sooner had Prime landed on his back than Grimlock was leaping high into the air, hammering down toward the Autobot Commander's head with a stomp kick. But a moment before Grimlock’s kick connected, Prime's optics lit up and he rolled to his left, narrowly avoiding the speeding strike.

As the massive gray foot of Grimlock grazed the side of his head, Prime jerked back to the right and sent a left fist into the Dinobot's waist. The strike failed to hurt Grimlock, but as he twisted downward to reach for his opponent, Prime sent his left foot into the Dinobot Commander's face with a snap kick. Grimlock stumbled back, giving Prime the opportunity to leap to his feet, and as Grimlock recovered and renewed his assault, Prime delivered a quick, powerful right thrust kick to the Dinobot's abdomen that sent him sailing into the Autobot onlookers.

A cheer went out among the Autobots, even from those that had been knocked to the ground by the titanic gray projectile. Enraged, Grimlock jumped to his feet and marched intently toward Prime. A series of red and blue blurs erupted in front of Grimlock's optics and he found himself on the ground once more. It took a second for Grimlock to realize that Prime had landed a jab-cross-roundhouse combination faster than Grimlock could catch. In all his long life, in countless battles with thousands of opponents, Grimlock had never seen fists move so quickly, and the strength of the blows made him realize that in addition to unbelievable speed, he was dealing with strength on par with his own. No more underestimating Optimus Prime.

From a seated position, Grimlock lunged forward and sent a left snap-kick up at Prime, who easily parried it. But at the same time Grimlock lifted his body off the ground and twisted back and to the right. He spun as he ascended, delivering a right spin-kick to the right of Prime's head. Prime flew back and hit the ground hard, and Grimlock was on him in an instant.

Three successive crosses to the head dazed Prime, and Grimlock stood up and grabbed the Autobot Commander by the lower legs. Lifting Prime off of the ground, Grimlock swung his opponent around twice before hurling him high into the air. The power of the Dinobot's throw propelled Prime into the mountainside above and to the right of the Ark.

The ground around him seemed to shift slightly as Prime slammed into solid rock and skidded to a halt fifty feet from the impact point. "Ughn." The dazed Autobot reached for his head and rubbed it vigorously in an attempt to ward off his dizziness in the few seconds it took Grimlock to bound up the mountainside and press his attack. As Prime rose to his feet, an uppercut from Grimlock sent him sprawling.

"Prime have all the tools, but Prime just too soft. Big waste of potential!" Grimlock announced his opinion as he strode after the Autobot commander. Standing over the prostrate Autobot, Grimlock rocketed a powerful overhand right at Prime's head. But the delay had been enough. Prime snapped back into action, twisting upward, sending his left forearm out to block Grimlock's strike and his right fist into Grimlock's chest, sending the Dinobot stumbling to the ground.

Both combatants regained their footing and squared off. Grimlock shot out a left jab, Prime evading with a quick jerk of his head. Prime's counter-jab landed squarely on Grimlock's faceplate, forcing the Dinobot back several steps. Neither noticed the ground shift a little under Grimlock's heavy footfalls.

Always on the offensive, Grimlock advanced again; delivering a left jab that grazed the side of Prime's helmet followed by a wide-swinging right roundhouse. Prime ducked under the roundhouse and powered a left uppercut into the exposed side of Grimlock's chest under his right arm, immediately followed by a sweeping overhead right roundhouse that slammed into the top of Grimlock's head. The Dinobot hit the ground hard, and the stone beneath him cracked.

The frustrated challenger ignored the movement and jumped to his feet. Deciding to dispense with strategies and techniques, Grimlock sent a thunderously powerful right sidekick at Prime's torso. The Autobot Commander planted his right foot as a brace and took the brunt of the kick with his chest and left arm. At the moment of impact, Prime was sent stumbling a few steps to his right, but his left arm snapped up, caught Grimlock's leg, and held.

In one fluid motion, Prime stepped forward with his right foot, planting it next to Grimlock's left one, reached out with his right hand and gripped Grimlock under his left armpit, and, still clutching Grimlock's right leg, lifted, twisted... and drove the Dinobot into the ground behind him. The sound of metal crashing against rock echoed for miles, and joined with the sound of crumbling rock as the unstable ground beneath them gave way. The observing Autobots, most of whom had followed the combat up the mountainside, watched in shock as Grimlock and Optimus Prime vanished into the mountain.

The two warriors plummeted earthward, bouncing off the thick, rounded metal of the Ark's forward hull and landing heavily on the ground below. Prime got to his feet, and looked around at a dark cavern, cut off from the outside for millions of years. He gazed at the opening that he and Grimlock had fallen through - was this was the first time light had ever invaded this hidden world? He soon realized that this was not the case, as an amber glow emanated from a large, rough tunnel behind him. Prime noticed more than just the soft hue radiating from the descending passage. It was hot. Very hot. This must have been a lava vent for the recent eruption, a vent that still led to a source of molten magma.

Recognizing that their environment was definitely not suitable to be fighting in, Prime turned to Grimlock to suggest exiting the cavern before continuing with their brawl. Grimlock, however, was of an entirely different opinion. An unstoppable uppercut lifted Prime toward the fissure, and Grimlock followed with a crushing kick to the Autobot's mid-section. "GRIMLOCK, NO! - Ughn." Prime was propelled through the opening, the heat intensifying with each descending foot.

"Just like Smelt Matches of old days!" Grimlock jested, as he charged into the tunnel after Prime.

Prime got to his hands and knees. "Grimlock, you fool, we've got to get out of here!" The heat was starting to interfere with Prime's internal processes. Even Cybertronians like Inferno or Hot Spot, who were designed for extreme temperatures, would not have lasted long. The red Autobot commander reached out and grabbed Grimlock's extended wrists as the Dinobot lunged. Instinctively, Prime used Grimlock's momentum. He tucked back and rolled, flipping Grimlock through the air and further down the tunnel.
    Prime immediately regretted the move.
    "GRIMLOCK!"

Grimlock landed and rolled to the tunnel’s lowest point, where the floor leveled off and continued out the mouth of the cave. The Dinobot commander got to his feet in an enormous cavern lit with a ruddy glow, and looked back, noting that the stony outcropping he stood on ended just a few feet beyond. He peered over the side at a several-hundred-foot drop into a cauldron of seething lava, and laughed. "THIS GETTING FUN, PRIME!"

"Grimlock, get back up here!" Prime leaned downward and waved for the Dinobot to walk up the tunnel toward him.

Before Grimlock could respond, his support shattered and fell. Grimlock began to plummet as well, and while he reached out for and clutched the wall, the rocky surface he grabbed crumbled beneath his grip. The Dinobot desperately scanned for another handhold, but found none. This was the end.

Prime's fingers wrapping around his gray, fleshy left wrist jerked Grimlock away from his acceptance of death and renewed his recently dismissed struggle for life. Grimlock looked up at the red-tinged image of Prime's face. "What Prime doing?"

"Hang on!" Prime jerked back with his right arm, pulling Grimlock up and over him, back into the upward slope of the tunnel. Grimlock clutched the ground that was now beneath him before getting to his hands and knees, and then finally stretching up to a standing position. Prime was equally hesitant with his movements on the questionably stable ground as he carefully crawled backward from the tunnel opening, then to a sitting position before stretching upright as Grimlock had. Turning to the Dinobot, the battered Prime repeated his earlier request. "Shall we leave?"

Grimlock nodded, though he failed to move. "Why Prime save me Grimlock?"

Prime shook his head. "It was the right thing to do. And even you don't deserve a fate like that." The red Commander then shrugged. "Besides, despite your issues, you have the potential to be a great hero; a REAL hero. Not just a gladiator that fans flock to cheer for, but someone who will stand against injustice and protect those that need protecting; even if he claims disdain." Prime looked deeply into Grimlock's optic. "And I need you with me. On the rare occasion that you're not trying to tear this army apart, you make an inspiring leader." Prime then rubbed his cranium and chuckled. "And as a warrior, you are definitely without equal."

Grimlock looked away in shame. "No. It Prime that without equal." Grimlock slowly looked back at the red Commander. "You Prime face me Grimlock in honor bout, and defeat me Grimlock. Me Grimlock as good as dead, but you Prime save." Grimlock nodded to Prime. "You Prime rightful leader of Autobots."

Prime placed his hand on the Dinobot's shoulder and led him back up the tunnel toward the distant cries of the other Autobots. "First of all, Grimlock, the outcome of this fight would have had nothing to do with who would lead the Autobots. Secondly, I didn't defeat you." Prime shrugged. "True, your common sense, or lack thereof, got you into trouble, but at no point was either of us beaten."

"PRAHME! ARE YOU DOWN THERE?" Ironhide had been frantically calling down the large hole in the ground to his lost leader for what seemed like an eternity. "Of all the times to be without Hoist or Grapple!"

Inferno transformed into his fire engine mode. "Hey Bumblebee, loop my hose over my ladder and hang onto it as I lower it down the hole." The minibot ran over to the red fire engine and began manipulating the hose over the end of the ladder.

"DON'T BOTHER." Prime's voice echoed from down below. "Just send the hose down and Grimlock and I will climb out ourselves." All the Autobots, including the Dinobots, were relieved to hear the announcement.

Minutes later, both Prime and Grimlock were standing on the mountainside. "So, uh, are you guys going to pick up where you left off?" Ratchet nervously asked as he examined the already extensive damage on both of their frames.

The two combatants peered silently at each other for a couple of seconds before Prime answered the question. "No, Grimlock and I reached an understanding down there."

"So does that mean you kicked his rusty hindquarters?" Ironhide cheerfully inquired.

"No!" Prime scornfully addressed his officer. "There was no victor, nor was there a loser. A lava vent forced us to cease our battle, and I finally convinced Grimlock that Autobot leadership would never be determined by the outcome of a brawl." Prime looked to the Dinobot Commander, who after a few seconds of silent defiance finally nodded his agreement.

"Fine, then the two of you get your bumpers to the infirmary, now!" Ratchet grabbed both of them by the arm and pushed them down the hill toward the Ark. "I'm pretty sure that your slab is still warm from the last time you were sitting there, Grimlock."

Spike watched from his snowy perch several hundred yards away as the Autobots made their way down the mountainside. He had gone there so that he wouldn't have to watch Prime die at the hands of the savage Grimlock, as Blaster almost had many months before, but had found that he was unable to take his eyes off the proceedings. His relief at seeing Prime emerge from the hole doubled at the behavior exhibited by the Autobots, indicating the fight was over.

As the adolescent got to his feet, he realized he could see the entire protruding section of the Ark as well as most of the area around it. Marvelling at the view, he slipped, and slid several snow-covered yards. Finally stopping, Spike used the latest curse word to be added to his already vast collection. "Slag!" Climbing back to his feet, he spotted something a few feet from him, jutting out slightly from the snow.

"What in the world is that?" the boy whispered, as he intently peered at the object. It was about the size and shape of a hot dog, and made of a brown metal that would have blended in flawlessly if not for the layer of snow on the ground. Peering at the front of the object, Spike discovered what appeared to be a lens.
    "I'd better let the Autobots know about this."

16. White

White like the color

Awesome stuff as usual man. Sweet battle between Prime and Grimmy.

17. zimz0r

zimz0r Member

Nice, very nice.

18. SolarusPrime

SolarusPrime Dashman.EXE

must....

have.....

more.........

Seriously though this story is absolutely amazing, keep it up!

19. Prahicron

Prahicron Chaos Bringer... Maybe...

I couldn't agree more :thumb :

20. peteynorth

Episode 32: Natural Enemies

"Well, lord Zeulos, have you come to a determination regarding the final images sent back to us from the Delphile?" The Quintesson hovered quickly into a hot, humid room with metal walls covered by hanging vines and other forms of odd vegetation. The air was almost steamy as the newcomer made its way toward the center of the room.

The Quintesson hovering over an elevated section of the floor in the center, and two other Quintessons hovering a few feet away from it, all turned to view the speaker, who had just entered the large, dimly-lit chamber. The Quintesson on the elevated metal platform switched faces before responding. "Patience Arenius, I have spent much time deliberating on the images sent us by Apolonicus' doomed craft, and I will have a decision on how to proceed soon."

Arenius looked to the Quintesson to the left of Zeulos. "Ah, Aphrodine, I fear the council that you would provide our great leader in this matter."

The Quintesson flapped its tentacles before snapping back. "And your council will undoubtedly propel us into war with significantly more powerful Transformers than the ones that inhabited Cybertron at the time of our exile. Now, more so than before, much care and preparation need be given toward our reacquisition of these creatures and their planet. I still feel that our best course of action is to wait for the Garbolicanopsil to prepare Cybertron for our return."

"NO!" Arenius impatiently shouted back as he switched faces. "For one hundred thousand vorns we have been patient and careful, misguidedly listening to Apolonicus and placing our faith in his Garbolicanopsil to pacify Cybertron. So we waited, but instead of becoming pacified, Cybertron has been embroiled in conflict, forcing it's inhabitants to increase their defensive and destructive capabilities, thereby becoming larger, more durable, and better armed." Another switching of faces occurred before Arenius continued. "Then an energon famine swept over the planet, an excellent opportunity for us to reclaim Cybertron, but still we waited! Still putting our blind faith in Apolonicus' prized creation, we did nothing!" Arenius hovered closer to Zuleos and spoke directly to the perched Quintesson. "It is time that we aggressively pursued our former slaves. Our belief that the Garbolicanopsil would once again prepare the way for our conquest of Cybertron has yielded nothing. It is time that we dismissed its usefulness once and for all."

The Quintesson to the right of Zuelos hovered toward Arenius. "My friend, I agree that it is time to begin actively pursuing the Transformers, and that much time has been wasted by our trust in the Garbolicanopsil, but it would be foolhardy to rush in and assault Cybertron at this time. The Delphile was attempting to overwhelm a couple dozen Autobots on an alien world when it was downed. Imagine how effective hundreds of these Autobots fighting on their own territory would be, or even worse, imagine the effectiveness of Decepticons. The race that you, Hadelac and Athelia spawned has always been the most effective of all Cybertronian races in combat situations, and would undoubtedly pose a much greater challenge than the one that overwhelmed Apolonicus." The Quintesson switched faces. "Even utilizing every last one of my Sharkticons, we are not remotely equipped to overwhelm Cybertron."

Arenius switched faces in annoyance. "But Poseidras, if you viewed the transmitted images, you would know that the Delphile was not brought down by insignificant Autobots, or even their Decepticon counterparts; it was brought down by Zuelos' precious Omega Supreme." Arenius suddenly realized that he may have offended his leader and sheepishly turned toward the perched Quintesson. "I meant no offense my lord."

Zuelos angrily rotated faces several times before responding. "This discussion has reached its conclusion. Arenius, your words, as usual, are pointless. We were all aware of what your opinions would be before you opened your mouths. Poseidras is correct, we are not powerful enough to overwhelm Cybertron, even with my treacherous Guardian on another world." The Quintesson leader rotated faces again. "But you echo the fact that our waiting has accomplished nothing more than to allow our creations to enhance themselves militarily. Perhaps it is time to abandon our reliance on the Garbolicanopsil. It has become clear that its initial success seems to have been a one-time occurrence. And with Apolonicus missing, captured or dead, there is no one else here to champion the reliance in the Garbolicanopsil. No, it is now time for a more proactive approach toward regaining dominion of Cybertron." Another face rotation, one that revealed a broad smile adorning the seemingly bearded face. "Arenius, you will launch your flagship, The Areopagon." The Quintesson turned toward Poseidras. "As you will launch your Ithakanus. And while he may be resistant at first, Hadelac will launch all three of his war ships, The Charous, The Tartaron and The Erebuz. We will seek out small clusters of Transformers and reclaim them little by little. Through this course of action we will learn of their new strengths, weaknesses and eventually force them to take arms against their brethren." A light snicker came from Zuelos' grinning face. "It will take time, but the Transformers will once again be ours."

Aphrodine bobbed gently. "What of Apolonicus? Are we to simply leave him abandoned on this alien world?"

Zuelos switched faces as he responded. "The Pit Lords would certainly have made short work of he and his assistants the moment the Delphile hit the ground. If he had survived, he would certainly have found a way to contact us by now. And in the unlikely event that he or any other member of the crew still lives and is unable to send a signal to us, their incompetence has made them deserving of their fate. Besides, what has become of them is of no interest to me."

"Gnaw...My name is Gnaw."

A malicious smile came over Megatron as he glared at the drenched and wounded robot crouching over one of the many small piles of energon cubes housed within the Nemesis' energon storage bay. "And what are your final words, Gnaw?"

The Sharkticon held up his hand. "No, don't kill me. I mean you no harm. I just need energon to recharge and facilities to repair my injuries." Gnaw used his hand to clutch his pained chest. "I don't think I can go another week without repairing this."

Megatron, and the dozen other Decepticons that had followed him into the room when the security sensors had indicated that an intruder had breached the outer hull of the Nemesis several minutes before, peered down at the savage gash in the intruder's chest. "That is a nasty wound, but with the proper energon your internal repair systems should be able to repair it on it's own in a matter of days. Not that it matters, as you will be deactivated in mere moments."

Gnaw huffed. "Bah. Only you Cybertronians have internal repair systems. The masters never saw fit to bestow that ability upon my kind."

An inquisitive look came over Megatron. "Well played, Gnaw. You've peaked my curiosity, thereby buying yourself a little time before I kill you. What are you, and more importantly, what are these 'masters'?"

At that moment Darkwing entered the chamber, uncharacteristically happy upon seeing that any violence that might happen, hadn't happened yet. "Scrapper has the breach almost repaired. So is it an Autobot saboteur?" Upon seeing the Sharkticon, the darkly colored Decepticon laughed out loud. "Well well well, now look who's on the slag end of the stick." Darkwing looked at Megatron. "So, is this Gnaw or one of the mindless drones?"

Megatron looked from Darkwing to Gnaw and then back to Darkwing. "You know each other?"

Darkwing nodded. "Yeah, he's the one sentient shark guy that was on board the ship that captured the Catapult. The ship that the Guardian took down."

Gnaw angrily looked at Darkwing. "We're called Sharkticons."

Megatron nodded. "Ah yes, now I see. The bestial hoards that served the old gods. Yet another ancient legend to emerge from the realm of myth." Megatron chuckled. "It's been a very eventful series of months since our awakening."

Gnaw looked down. "I have come to the difficult realization that the gods that created us, the gods that I have served since my manufacture, may not be gods at all." The Sharkticon looked up at Megatron once more before lowering to one knee. "I was built and programmed to fight for the causes of others. Now that I no longer serve the Quintessons, I offer my services to you. I am powerful, and I fear nothing. And when I fight, I do so until either my enemy, or myself, is destroyed."

Megatron lowered his shoulder cannon at the prostrated intruder. "Thousands have made this performance before me in the past, and all but the most worthy few have wound up smoldering corpses. And many of those that wound up as smoldering corpses were more worthy than you." The Decepticon Commander powered up his fusion cannon, but then powered it down and pointed the barrel up and away from Gnaw. "But I find myself short on soldiers, and your aquatic alternate mode might prove useful to me on this planet." Megatron turned to his left and addressed Hook, one of the Decepticons that had followed him into the chamber. "Repair his injuries and see that he is in fully functioning condition quickly. He is to remain here and assist Bludgeon and his team in guarding the base during the offensive." Megatron then looked back at Gnaw. "And see that he is properly branded." Megatron smirked at the new recruit. "Welcome to the Decepticons."

"There's got to be over a thousand of them."

Springer nodded at Broadside's whispered comment. "I'd say that's a conservative estimate." The green Autobot continued to peer through the telescope at the swarms of Decepticons guarding the entrance to Vector Sigma. "There's no way we're getting in there."

"That's not for us to decide." The statement from the red and black Autobot was quiet, yet authoritative. "Just record what you see and we'll let the battle planners back at Iacon decide what to do."

Springer turned to the speaker. "I realize that Hard Top, but I don't see the reason to rush into this when it's not urgently necessary." The green Autobot shrugged. "I mean, it's not like they need a spark for the trans..." A sharp glare from Hard Top silenced Springer.

"That's not to be discussed outside certain circles, and certainly not to be discussed outside the walls of Iacon."

Springer nodded. "Sorry sir." The Autobot triplechanger suddenly tensed as he saw something in the distance behind Hard Top, Broadside, and the ten other Autobots that made up their reconnaissance force. The other Autobots slowly turned their heads to see what had gotten their comrade's attention, and were soon looking at a giant white, black, purple and green metallic wolf with a pair of blades jutting out from its front shoulders. "What in the inferno is that?" Springer whispered.

"Scan for other Decepticons." Hard Top ordered as the metal beast began sauntering over toward the Autobots.

"I assure you, I am alone." A deep, confident voice flowed out of the canine's mouth. "I require no back up to eradicate you."

Springer gracefully leapt to his feet, pulled out his sword and quietly started toward the monster. "Big words, Lassie. You've been a bad dog, and this...” Springer gently shook his sword. "This is my rolled up newspaper."

The beast crouched to pounce, but a rapid series of movements took place instead of the leap and a moment later Springer was looking down the openings of a giant, pistol-shaped artillery mount. "Stupid Autobot." A deadly barrage of laser fire burst forth from the cannons, striking Springer in the chest and sending him hurtling back. "Human terminology annoys me."

"Autobots, destroy that thing!" Hard Top ordered as quietly as he could, though fully aware that the Decepticons had to have heard the shots that had been just fired.

"Hold a moment and let me put your mind at ease about reinforcements coming to my aid, Autobot." The pistol transformed into a tall, powerful robot.

"A triplechanger!" Broadside alerted his comrades as he rushed to Springer's aid.

"Shut up, idiot. I'm making a call on your behalf." The arrogant Decepticon raised his wrist to his faceplate. "This is Sixshot. Hold your position."

A doubtful voice replied through the wrist-mounted communicator. "But sir, we heard weapons fire. Are you sure?"

"Do as I say, or that weapons fire will be directed at you!" The imposing warrior switched off his communicator and returned his focus to the Autobots. "I apologize for the delay, but I’d hate for us to be interrupted."

"Hard Top...” The red and black Autobot turned toward Broadside, who was cradling Springer in his arms. "Springer's hurt bad. He needs treatment now or he won't make it."

The commanding officer looked back toward the Decepticon, who seemed to be patiently awaiting Hard Top's order much as the other Autobots were. "Get him back to Iacon. Flight Plan, Layover, Moonshine and Landing Strip, offer Broadside aerial cover until he's safely away. The rest of us will handle this matter."

The Decepticon laughed. "Yes, come handle this matter!" Broadside clamped Springer's frame to his under section and the five flying Autobots took to the air and transformed, but Sixshot leapt toward the sky as well, transforming once again as well. “On second thought, I’ll let the fliers take first crack at handling me.” A black, purple, green and white star craft with gray wings shot out after the airborne Autobots and proceeded to engage them in a dogfight.

"Four! Hard Top, is that even possible?" The nervous yellow Autobot asked his superior officer.

"Apparently so, Saddlebag. Now offer the flyboys some cover, now!" With that the seven ground-based Autobots began firing into the sky, but the Decepticon craft was too fast and agile for them to hit.

"Get outta here Broadside, we've got this freak outnumbered four to one. Don't worry about us." The maroon Cybertronian cargo flier called out to the Earth plane.

"Just be careful, Flight Plan. There's something about this guy that makes me uneasy." Broadside replied as he sped away.

"Your fear is merited, Autobot!" The Decepticon voice called out loudly as it blasted away on Flight Plan, causing the tail end of the Autobot to explode and the rest of him to plummet to the planet's surface. "You're friends are all going to die by my hand this day." Sixshot laughed as he shot past the flaming wreckage that had been Flight Plan only a moment ago.

"You're going to pay for that, slag-rag!" The black and gold Moonshine cried out as he fired at Sixshot. The Decepticon spun around and maneuvered so that he shot past both Moonshine and the green Layover. Layover attempted to turn to follow, nearly clipping Moonshine in the process.

Sixshot took advantage of the confusion by looping up and around, darting towards the top of Layover from above. The wing-mounted lasers tore through Layover's armor, forcing him down. The green Autobot groaned in pain, but survived the crash and gingerly transformed once he had stopped skidding across the metal ground.

Landing Strip and Moonshine lined up with each other to face down this Decepticon multi-changer together. Sixshot had shot out and was now a few miles ahead of the two Autobots, but was now starting back toward them and bearing down fast. Suddenly the Decepticon transformed min-air into pistol mode and instantly shot out a series of bolts that incinerated Landing Strip's left wing. The orange and white Autobot fell to the ground, leaving only Moonshine and Sixshot to fight for the sky.

"Lucky shot freak!" Moonshine called out as he barreled toward the Decepticon gun. But a few moments before he could reach the flying weapon, Moonshine was startled to see it bounce higher off of a wind current and transform back into wolf mode. The canine shot through the air and landed heavily upon Moonshine's dorsal section. The Autobot frantically shook, spun and weaved to try and get the Decepticon off of his back, but nothing he did could dislodge the four legged beast, who in a matter of seconds, had shredded Moonshine's top section with his metal fangs and claws.

As Moonshine dropped to the ground, Sixshot manipulated his frame so that he fell toward his comrades. The other Autobots scattered to avoid the impact, but despite avoiding the crashing flyer, one black Autobot with white stripes was unable to avoid being flattened by Sixshot as the wolf leapt from the doomed Moonshine, transformed into an armored carrier, and slammed into the Autobot, crushing his torso and head.

"White Wall!" Hard Top called out to his smashed comrade, but knew that there was little chance of him surviving the impact. The Autobot officer fired on the military transport as sped away from White Wall and toward the severely injured Layover. The green Autobot looked up in time to see a pair of roof-mounted rifles shoot forth energy bolts. It was the last thing that he would ever see as the bolts tore his already mangled frame to shreds. "NOO!" Hard Top screamed as he sprinted at the Decepticon, blasting it as fast as he could. Unfortunately, his shots seemed to have very little effect on the multi-changer. "Trunk Space, Toll Way, Thoroughfare, Steel Belt, Saddlebag; converge on that thing and obliterate it!"

The wounded Landing Strip charged in as well. He was lucky in that his left wing did not convert to anything important in robot mode, so he was still fully capable of combat. His optics widened in terror as he witnessed the transport transform once again to canine mode and leap onto the terrified Saddlebag. In a matter of seconds the yellow Autobot was torn to pieces and his remains were strewn across the metal ground. The wolf then transformed into robot mode and engaged Steel Belt and Trunk Space in hand-to-hand combat. It wasn't four seconds later when a black hand mounted on a white forearm had torn through Steel Belts chest and Trunk Space had his head violently torn from his shoulders.

Hard Top tried to tackle the large Decepticon, but he was thrown away with seemingly no effort. Toll Way and Thoroughfare charged their enemy from either side, but immediately halted as Sixshot drew a rifle in each hand and leveled each one at an Autobot head. Two perfectly placed shots darted out from the rifles in unison and tore through the forehead of each Autobot, killing them instantly. The lifeless frames of Toll Way and Thoroughfare hit the ground together.

Hard Top got to his feet and glared at the Decepticon. "I'll see you in the inferno!" He started sprinting at the Decepticon, who initiated yet another transformation. A second later a battle tank was sitting in front of the ranking Autobot.

"Keep it warm for me." A barrage of ordinance came from the heavily armed tank, and when the smoke cleared, only Hard Top's waist and legs remained. Landing Strip stared in horror as the tank turned to face him. "Good bye, Autobot." Bright flashes and the feeling of his body being torn apart were the last things that Landing Strip experienced.

"Well done Professor, that went better than we could have hoped."

Perceptor looked down at his comrade and smiled. "You are every bit as deserving of congratulations as I am, Fixit. After all, you were able to reach areas of the patient that would have been unattainable to the rest of the surgical team. I suppose that is an advantage to the Micromaster process beyond extreme energon efficiency."

"Yup, tight fits are no problem for us Micros." Fixit smiled back and the large red Autobot. "How long before he's ready to take on Darkmount?"

"Don't get overly excited my diminutive colleague. He might be ready for physical activity soon, or it might be a great while before his mind and nervous systems adjust to the new frames." Perceptor shrugged. "There is really no way to tell at this point."

A beeping emanated from Fixit's wrist. "This is Fixit, go ahead."

"Sir, I hope that I'm not interrupting, but we've got a severely injured Springer en-route and he needs immediate medical treatment." The voice on the other end of the communications line replied.

Fixit nodded. "I'm on my way." The Micromaster medic turned and started toward the main infirmary where Springer would no doubt be taken. As he left he looked up at Perceptor one last time. "I just hope that the Decepticons can hold off on any major offensives until Links, err, I mean Sky Lynx, is ready to go."

"They're all over us!" Gears shouted out as he watched the Decepticons swarming upon Mount St. Hillary from every direction. The other Autobots were quickly clearing out of the Ark to meet the attack. Omega Supreme had already transformed to robot mode, and was charging out to engage the oncoming Devastator, Bruticus and Menasor. He swatted Menasor to the side, but combined lunges from Devastator and Bruticus allowed them to tackle the massive Guardian. The three Decepticon gestalts then proceeded to struggle with Omega Supreme as the other Decepticons charged past them toward the Ark.

The Decepticon fliers shot overhead, deftly avoiding the Ark's defensive cannons and striking back with precision shots. One giant jet, however, did not bother to evade the shots from the Ark's cannons, instead it seemed to be able to weather the ordinance and return fire that was far more powerful than the shots of its Decepticon peers. "Sometimes life is worth living Dreadwind!" Darkwing called out as the Dreadwing super jet incinerated one of the Ark's aft cannons.

"This is fun, but don't over exaggerate Darkwing." Dreadwind's voice displayed only the slightest hint of his enthusiasm for battle. His mood did improve slightly as the flying Autobot that all of the Seekers were afraid of, Jetfire, shot up into the sky to engage Dreadwing.

"THIS IS IT, DECEPTICONS! OVERRUN THE ARK! VICTORY IS OURS!!!" Megatron's voice carried over the sounds of battle, encouraging his warriors to continue their charge toward the Autobots. With the exception of the three gestalts grappling with Omega Supreme, all the Decepticons involved in the assault fearlessly charged the Autobot base of operations with every weapon blazing.

The Aerialbots and Powerglide engaged the flying Decepticons as Jetfire battled the new giant aircraft. The Autobot Air Commander was slightly faster and far more maneuverable than Dreadwing, but the Decepticon super jet seemed impervious to any attack that Jetfire could muster. The airborne stalemate continued on as the Decepticons slowly gained the upper hand on both ground and air. The Aerialbots were forced to break off their dogfight as they saw Defensor face off against the newly formed PredaKing. The Protectobot super warrior had been beaten into a stupor before the Aerialbots could even reach the ground, and he was nearly at the point of separation by the time Superion came to his aid.

The Autobots desperately fought against the Decepticon onslaught, but now virtually unchallenged, the Decepticon jets quickly sent Powerglide plummeting to Earth and were free to pick off the ground-based Autobots and the Ark's weaponry. The Autobots were quickly being overwhelmed.

"Grimlock, assist Omega Supreme! We need him back here, now!" Prime called out to the Dinobot Commander. The Guardian was finally beating off of the Decepticon gestalts, but he was not doing it fast enough. Defensor and Superion were both battered and would only remain cohesive a few seconds more. And once they fell, the monster PredaKing would be free to rout the Autobots and destroy any cover that they had. Prime cursed himself for splitting his Earth forces. While the number of Autobots stationed in the eastern United States was few, they could still have made a difference.

"Give it up Prime! We are just too powerful for you to stop! The day, the Ark, the war belongs to ME!" Megatron bellowed at his opposite number. The statement was accentuated by the sounds of Defensor and Superion forcibly separating into their component Autobots.

Prime looked up to see a MIG fighter speed down from the sky, transform into a tank, and slam hard into Inferno, burying the red Autobot into the rocky ground. His Autobots were fighting valiantly, but they were being overpowered too quickly. There was no way for them to defend this position. The Autobot Commander silently thanked Primus that Spike was at school and Sparkplug had been called away for a meeting. "Autobots, fall back into the forest! Abandon the Ark!!!"

The pink Femme ran to Hot Rod as he jogged toward her. "How is he?"

"He took several high powered shots to the chest, but he'll be alright once Fixit's done with him." Hot Rod smiled at Arcee. "He's a tough spawn of a drone; I should know."

Arcee visibly relaxed upon hearing that Springer would recover. "And his team?"

Hot Rod's good humor vanished. "Broadside's fine, but there's been no contact from the rest of the team. We're fearing the worst."

Arcee shook her head sadly. "I definitely see the appeal to Saloria's decision to leave this planet." The pink Femme's optics dimmed for a moment before shining brightly a moment later. "But as appealing as running away may seem, we must stand against the Decepticons. The consequences of the alternative are unimaginable."

A grin came over Hot Rod's boyish face. "You've got me convinced, but will your mom buy it?"

Arcee gave Hot Rod a stern look. "She's not my mom. She's more of a mentor."

"What ever you say Commander. Just don’t give her reason to ground you, I was planning on asking you to Prom." Hot Rod chuckled.

Arcee looked deeply into his optics. "Hey, there's something I need to tell you, something serious so quit joking around." The pink Autobot watched Hot Rod nod before continuing. "I need you to understand that in this new command position I will have a lot less free time. I'll be a lot busier, I'll have a lot more meetings, and I'll be traveling much more. But you have to know that no matter what, I'll always make time to be with you." She reached up and gently touched Hot Rod's face. "I'll NEVER be too busy for you." The pink Femme hesitated for a moment before nervously continuing. "I love you."

Hot Rod's optics widened, and a smile slowly came over his face. "Whoah, take cover folks, the L-Bomb has just been dropped."

Arcee jerked away from the mocking Autobot and slapped him against the chest. "Slag it Hot Rod! You're such a..."

Hot Rod quickly stepped forward and gently wrapped his arms around her. "Hold on, Beautiful. You know I love you too." Hot Rod leaned forward and kissed her before leaning back and continuing. "You can't expect me to act like a B-list human actor on a cheesy soap opera."

Arcee looked lovingly into Hot Rod's blue optics. "No, but you could act more maturely."

Hot Rod hugged her tightly as he saw Moonracer, the pilot of the Solar Flare, getting impatient. "Come on, I'm not even a year old yet."

Arcee pulled back and gave him an annoyed look, but a couple of seconds of looking at Hot Rod's smiling face melted her and she laughed. "I’m such a cradle robber." She touched his face one last time before turning to board the Solar Flare. "Be careful, and remember; no matter what my position is, I'll always make time for you."

"Yeah yeah." Hot Rod waved as she walked up the boarding plank. He watched the plank draw back into the ship, the thrusters burst to life, the ship lift off into the Cybertronian sky, and then disappear into the black of space. Hot Rod smiled. He'd miss her, but he could still have a lot of fun without her. The red Autobot turned back and started toward the Capital Spires. Kup had gone far too long without being graced by Hot Rod’s special brand of annoyance.

A wormhole generator had replaced the Solar Flare’s gravity enhancers several weeks before, and now the distance that had taken them days to cover several months ago was now traversed almost instantaneously. The ship sped into the thin atmosphere of New Harbornia and descended toward the large, and seemingly only, settlement on the moon's surface. Arcee considered for the first time how easy it would be for just a handful of Decepticons to overrun her former home.

The landing gear gently touched the smoothed out rock that made up the New Harbornian spaceport and the Solar Flare settled into place. A few moments later the door on the side of the craft slid open as the entrance ramp descended to the barren ground. Arcee stepped out of the ship and made her way down the ramp toward the approaching Saloria, who was accompanied by Emirate Kandiga. The orange Femme stopped at the edge of the landing pad, but the silver Saloria continued toward the ship and embraced Arcee as they met at the bottom of the ramp. "It is good to have you back where you belong, my child."

Arcee hugged her mentor tightly; allowing this one moment of familial happiness before the inevitable falling out that would no doubt occur once the discussions began.

"They'd better not be touching my stuff."

Prime ignored Mirage's angry threat and continued staring at the Decepticon occupied Ark. "How much longer before they crack Teletran One?"

Wheeljack stepped next to his intent Commander and replied. "I'd say that we have at least another couple of days, but if we've still failed to regain the base, we should consider sending a system-wide delete command."

Prime looked down and remembered the previous day's humiliating, and strategically crippling, defeat. "Not a pleasant option, but it's good to know it's there if we need it."

"But can we really afford to loose all that data?" Jazz peered questioningly up at Prime. "I mean Teletran One has everything."

"It will be a tremendous loss, but it's better than the alternative. Imagine all that information in Megatron's hands." Prime continued to study the Decepticon positions around the mountainside. Not taking any chances, PredaKing, Menasor and Bruticus stood guard in the clearing in front of the Ark, with Thundercracker leading Skywarp, Thrust and Ramjet in aerial patrol above. Prime knew that Devastator would have been out there as well, were not the Constructicons needed inside to aid in dismantling any lingering defenses and uncovering any secrets. "The deletion command will be transmitted in thirty-six hours if we are unable to reacquire the Ark."

"Well Prahme, we'd better reacquire it then." Ironhide enthusiastically chimed in.

Prime turned at the sound of footsteps approaching up the hill from behind him. Blaster's smiling face came into view. "Please tell me what I want to hear."

Blaster cheerfully nodded. "I'm told the frame-swap went like clockwork. Both Fixit and the Prof are insisting on more recovery time, but our boy is fully charged and raring to go! He's gotten word of our current situation, and let's just say that Doctor's orders are not holding much weight with him right now."

Prime shook his head. "As tempting as it is to go with this option, I will not risk the life of one of my soldiers just to take back a ship. Tell him to sit tight until he has Fixit's OK."

Blaster uncomfortably rolled his head, though his smile remained. "Uh, I'll forward your order, but from what I heard it may already be...” Blaster raised his right hand to the side of his head. "Hold on - message coming in." The red and yellow Autobot transformed into a giant sound system, a small communication's dish lifting out of the top of him. A few seconds later his chuckling voice could be heard from the sound system, and Blaster transformed back into robot mode. "Yup, too late. The patient has launched and is on his way now."

"Does he even know how to get here?" Prime shook his head in annoyance.

"Yup, the coordinates were programmed into his nav-computer before the procedure even started." Blaster cheerfully replied.

Prime continued shaking his head, fully intent on issuing an order of down time to the new arrival once he made it to Earth. But pleading looks from his Autobots made him reconsider. "I don't like going against physician's orders, but I guess there's too much at stake not to take this chance if Links is willing."

Blaster smiled triumphantly as the other Autobots cheered. "Glad to hear that Optimus, but you should know that there was more than just a change of frame; our boy has taken on a change of name. He's insisting on Sky Lynx, with Lynx spelled like the breed of Earth feline. Fixit believes that he wants to distance himself from anything related to his previously grotesque form, and the little doc sees no harm in him doing so, so Sky Lynx it is."

Prime shrugged. "Whatever he wants to call himself. We'll update the personnel files later. But for now we've got a battle to prepare for!" Prime marched past Blaster toward a clearing that was being used as a temporary repair bay. "Ratchet, First Aid, is everyone in battle condition?"

The weary physicians looked up and Ratchet responded. "Without the regeneration chambers it's been difficult, and there's been a lot of cut corners, but everyone should be ready."

"Good." Prime nodded. "First Aid, charge up and prepare for combat. We're going to need Defensor at his best." The Autobot Commander turned to the rest of his troops. "Time to take back our base! Autobots, let's roll out!" Prime transformed and started driving toward Mount St. Hillary with the other Autobots immediately falling in behind him.

"Autobots attacking! Menasor smash them!!!" The Stunticon bellowed over the mountain upon seeing the oncoming Autobots.

"Shut up, idiot." PredaKing called out before raising his wrist communicator to his face. "Megatron, the Autobots are attacking."

The Decepticon Commanders coarse voice came back. "Excellent! I was hoping for another opportunity to finish them off once and for all! We'll be right out!"

The Aerialbots and Omega Supreme landed a few hundred yards in front of the Decepticon gestalts and united into their respective giant robot forms. Omega Supreme charged at PredaKing, swinging his massive left arm at the Predacon warrior, but PredaKing deftly sidestepped the Guardian and delivered a right cross to the side of Omega Supreme's head. Omega Supreme's head jerked to the right from the impact, but he instinctively lashed out at his enemy and thrust PredaKing into the rocky side of the mountain.

The Predacon giant leaned against the rocky mountain wall as if dazed, and Omega Supreme took full advantage of the apparent opportunity and charged the gestalt. But moments before the Guardian reached him, the biomechanical Decepticon ignited the rockets housed within his wings and leapt into the air, somersaulting above and over Omega Supreme and fired as series of shots into the mountain wall as he landed back on the ground. The rock face crumbled and dropped several tons of stone and earth upon the head and body of the slowly turning Guardian. The weight of the falling rock was not sufficient to overwhelm Omega Supreme, but it did distract him enough so that PredaKing could land a jump-kick to his head. The Guardian dropped to one knee, but instantly recovered and was back on his feet, stalking PredaKing.

Menasor charged out at Superion and tackled him to the to the rocky earth. As the two giants grappled on the terrain, the remaining Autobot ground troops drove around them and continued their charge toward the Ark. Blades dropped out of the sky and darted toward his fellow Protectobots, and a few moments later Defensor was following behind his speeding comrades.

The massive Bruticus was doing his best to pick off the now swarming Autobot vehicles, but his limited mental faculties did not grant him the focus to strike any of them. Frustrated, he looked up and saw an Autobot that he knew he could catch, and initiated a charge toward Defensor. A right cross from the blue and white Autobot stopped Bruticus in his tracks, and the follow-up left hook sent the Combaticon giant stumbling back.

"Constructicons, MERGE!" Megatron's voice bellowed over the growing sounds of battle, and several seconds later the giant green and purple form of Devastator was lumbering to Bruticus' aid. The other Decepticons came storming out with Megatron and rushed to engage their Autobot attackers. "I'm surprised Optimus! I would have thought you smarter than to foolhardily plunge your forces into certain death! Yesterday you at least had the home field advantage; today, you've got nothing!" With that, a blinding bolt of energy burst forth from the black mouth of Megatron's fusion cannon. The red Freightliner that it was directed at quickly turned to avoid it, but the bolt struck the side of the gray trailer Prime was towing, blasting a huge hole into the side and sending the collapsed mobile battle platform tumbling down the mountain in a flaming wreck.

The red truck transformed and Prime returned fire. "Nice shot Megatron, but I believe it was me that you were trying to hit!" Prime took cover behind a boulder as the Decepticons had completely exited the Ark and were firing away at the Autobots, effectively stopping their advance.

"Shut up Prime!" Megatron snarled, but a smile quickly came to his face as he saw both Devastator and Bruticus hammering away on Defensor. "It's only a matter of time before my giants overwhelm yours, and then you and your pathetic forces will be routed and at my mercy!" Megatron sent off a quick succession of shots. "And as you're well aware, I'm not known for my mercy!"

A sound reminiscent of a thunderclap rolled over the sky, which startled most of the combatants, as it was a clear, sunny day. PredaKing, however, was not distracted and delivered a three-punch combination to Omega Supreme's torso and head before taking to the air and perching upon a section of mountain a couple hundred feet above. The Predacon aimed his arm-mounded cannon at the enraged Guardian and began peppering him with laser fire.

High above, Jetfire and Powerglide were doing their best not to be cut down by the numerically superior Decepticon fliers. It was an all-to-familiar situation, one that the Aerialbots could help alleviate unless, like with this situation, Superion was needed. The two flying Autobots were alone in this aerial battle. Fortunately, the exceptionally durable and effective Dreadwing fighter had not yet joined the dogfight. Jetfire scanned the ground and noted that the two Decepticons that comprised the warplane were content to remain in robot mode and mix things up on the ground. This decision to remain on the ground was shared by the three triplechangers as well, leaving Dirge and Soundwave's two birds to bolster Thundercracker, Skywarp, Thrust and Ramjet. Despite this small bit of good fortune and Jetfire's skill and abilities, these were still not good odds for the Autobots.

Jetfire suddenly detected something on his scanners; something big, something expected. "Powerglide, follow me!" Jetfire broke away from the aerial combat and took off in the direction of the approaching object, with the smaller red Powerglide following as quickly as he could.

"Hey, I'm scannin' something here!" Ramjet called out over a Decepticon communications channel. "Something big’s coming our way."

Thundercracker studied the data his scanners were receiving. "Size and shape of the top section are consistent with those of a human space shuttle. The lower section appears to be a large ground transport of some sort."

"A space shuttle...KICK FENDER!" Ramjet lost all inhibition and shot out after the departing Autobots. "Remind me to thank NASA for sending me a nice toy to dismantle!"

"Ramjet you idiot, get your tailwings back here immediately!" Thundercracker called after the headstrong Seeker. While Thundercracker enjoyed insulting Ramjet, he was a tad hesitant about ordering his comrades around. He had always been a slightly reluctant soldier, and his reluctance was as strong as ever now that he was an officer. Starscream's banishment left an opening, one that Megatron felt that Thundercracker, of all the Earth-bound fliers, was fit to fill. As Megatron has put it, he was an excellent warrior, extremely brave, adequately intelligent, and unlike every other Decepticon darting through the Earth sky, there was nothing fundamentally wrong with him. And with Skywarp's stupidity, Thrust's cowardice and Dirge and Ramjet's insanity so close to the forefront, that might appear true on the surface. But despite their faults, the other Seekers were unwaveringly committed to the Decepticon cause; Thundercracker was just along for the ride.

Ramjet continued his full speed pursuit of the Autobots, and while he had no chance of outrunning Jetfire, he was slowly overtaking Powerglide. The Minibot cut sharply in an attempt to evade his Decepticon pursuer, and was surprised as the white and red jet shot by him and continued on without paying any attention to him. Jetfire noted this with a little surprise as well, but upon accessing the information that Autobot Intelligence had been gathered on Ramjet over the eons, he realized what the crazy Decepticon was up to. Seeing no reason to impede what the Seeker intended to do, Jetfire slowed and pulled off to the side, allowing Ramjet to shoot on by. "Primus speed, dimwit." Jetfire quietly chuckled as he pulled away.

"RAMJET, GET BACK HERE NOW, THAT'S AN ORDER!" Ramjet ignored that self-righteous idiot Thundercracker. Megatron's choosing of him to lead the Decepticon aerial forces had been a mistake. As annoying as that sissy Starscream was, at least he really was an ace a flying and combat. Thundercracker wasn't all that special; certainly nothing that someone as tough as Ramjet needed to take orders from.

Up ahead the object was finally coming into visual range, small at first, but quickly growing to reveal its impressive girth. The sight may have been intimidating were it not for the realization that anything made by humans would be fragile, hollow, and pathetic. Ramjet aimed directly for the rounded nose of the craft and bore down upon it. "The inferno or hell, wherever it is that you humans go, you're almost there!" The red and white Decepticon laughed right up until the point of impact.

A detached red wing bounced along either side of the white shuttle and fluttered to Earth thousands of feet below. A few seconds later an unidentifiable clump of white metal came loose from the front end of the shuttle, skipped along the top of the craft, and then plummeted to the ground as well. "So, that's the reason I have windshield wipers."

Jetfire pulled up alongside the space shuttle, and was joined a few seconds later by Powerglide. "Glad to have you here Sky Lynx."

"It's a pleasure to be here, and an honor to finally meet you, Commander Jetfire." The three Autobot aircraft sped back toward the battle ravaged mountain and the waiting Decepticon fliers. "So, are there any other Decepticons that you need me to take out?"

"Just one, but he's definitely not one to underestimate. He's up ahead, you can't miss him."

True to Jetfire's words, the battlefield quickly came into view, as did the image of Omega Supreme aiming his cannon at PredaKing perched on an outcropping of rock high above. The Guardian fired, but PredaKing jumped away, over Omega Supreme, and landed behind him. As Omega Supreme turned to face his enemy once again, his legs were swept out from under him. Uninjured, Omega Supreme struggled to get back to his feet, but a gray foot was planted on his face and PredaKing used his new footing to spring atop the hull of the Ark that jutted out of the mountain. Pulling out a golden broadsword, the Predacon giant raised his right arm and howled in a display of power and arrogance.

"Let me guess, that's him, right?" The space shuttle transformed into the head, tail and wings of a giant raptor, while the ground transport underneath sprouted four legs.

"Good guess." Jetfire and Powerglide shot forward to reengage the Decepticon fliers that they had been fighting several moments earlier.

Sky Lynx raised his head toward the oncoming aerial attackers and addressed Jetfire. "Do you require help up here?"

Jetfire chuckled through the communications channel. "Naw, now that we don't have to worry about the guys on the ground, we can dedicate ourselves fully to these clowns. And Powerglide can handle two birds, and I can handle four Seekers. Just go kick PredaKing's exhaust port."

"With pleasure." In the midst of his display of bravado, PredaKing failed to notice the oncoming Autobot until the last second, at which point it was too late. The giant, quadri-pedal bird swooped by overhead past PredaKing and its tail wrapped around the Predacon's outstretched wrist, using that grip to jerk the gestalt into the sky. PredaKing instantly raised his left arm and pointed his cannon at his assailant, but before he could get an accurate bead on Sky Lynx, the Autobot had used his tail to hurtle him to the ground a half-mile from where he had last been standing.

The initial impact was tremendous, but PredaKing expertly tucked into a ball and rolled through dozens of tall trees to alleviate any further damage. Once his momentum had died down enough, the Predacon gestalt leapt to his feet and began firing into the sky at this new flying warrior. Sky Lynx swung around overhead and started flying toward the Decepticon once again, barely evading the oncoming laser fire. The closer Sky Lynx flew, the more difficult it was to dodge PredaKing's shots. Then, once the Autobot had gotten to within a hundred yards of PredaKing, Sky Lynx split into two components, his lower section dropping to the ground, and his upper section continuing on through the air.

The lower section transformed further into a giant, blue mechanical lynx and bounded through the dense forrest toward PredaKing, while the bird section revealed its talons and continued darting through the sky, now slightly more agile. Momentarily startled by the separation, PredaKing hesitated as he determined which target to fire on. That hesitation was costly as a moment later the lynx pounced upon him. PredaKing was powerful enough to remain standing, and even managed to fight the mechanical feline off of him and throw it to the ground. But the moment he was free of the lynx, a pair of talons cut into his shoulders and he was pulled into the air.

Before he could muster any sort of response, the predominantly white raptor had darted into the clouds, looped back, and was darting back toward the ground with PredaKing still in his grasp. Just as the Predacon could fathom what was happening, he felt the talons release him and thrust him downward. He hit the ground traveling several hundred miles per hour, the impact creating a large crater around his battered frame.

Though stunned, PredaKing still quickly got to his feet, but was immediately driven to the ground by the lynx leaping heavily onto his shoulders and biting into the back of his head. The gestalt twisted violently and grabbed the large cat by one of his hind paws, and used that grip to tear it loose from his back. PredaKing twisted violently and used his grasp of the lynx to hurl it savagely into the air behind him. His instincts proved correct as the metal bird was forced to veer off from its attack on him as the feline shot into the air at it. PredaKing immediately continued his counterattack with a series of shots from his arm-mounted cannon. Several of the shots connected, but the blasts had little effect on the massive bird.

The lynx had not sustained any injuries, and had regained its sense of balance mid-air and had managed to twist and land on its feet as it came back to the ground. Seeing its partner taking fire, the lynx charged PredaKing once again, continuing the pattern that the battle seemed to have adopted. It was quickly becoming a stalemate, but a stalemate freed up Omega Supreme, and was therefore a victory for the Autobots.

With PredaKing gone, Omega Supreme turned his attention toward the beating that Defensor was taking at the hands of Devastator and Bruticus. Bruticus’ optics widened as the Guardian approached, but Devastator, whose back was toward Omega Supreme, continued kicking at the downed Defensor. The Constructicon giant never saw the claw coming down at his head. Slammed hard to the ground, Devastator had no chance of avoiding the massive gray feet pounding down on his back. Bruticus charged at the Guardian, but a dismissive swing of an orange and gray claw sent the Combaticon gestalt flying back and to the ground.

Defensor twisted his battered head up toward Omega Supreme and smiled. “Thanks buddy.” With that the Protectobot climbed back to his feet and went after Bruticus, fully intent on repaying some of the pain that the Combaticon giant had so gleefully inflicted upon him for the past several minutes. The two gestalts met head on and immediately began pounding away on each other.

Within seconds, six unconscious Constructicons were laying at the feet of Omega Supreme. Turning to determine where he would be needed on the battlefield, the Guardian decided to assist Defensor. But as he started toward his comrade fighting Bruticus, the Protectobot called out to him. “NO! Bruticus is mine! Help Superion!” Noting that Defensor seemed to slowly be gaining the edge in the battle, Omega Supreme complied and started marching across the battlefield, firing off the occasional blast at Decepticon positions.

Menasor wrapped his powerful arms around Superion and tried to drive him to the ground. The Aerialbot struggled against the grip and managed to position himself so that he could hip-toss the Stunticon off of him. But as Menasor hit the ground, he delivered a kick from his back to Superion’s head that sent the Aerialbot staggering back. The savage Decepticon leapt to his feet and started after Superion, but came to a halt as he saw the massive Guardian trotting toward him. Omega Supreme’s march sped to a full out charge, one that Menasor now had no chance of evading. Omega Supreme lowered his left shoulder and planted it into Menasor’s chest, sending the Decepticon hurtling back several hundred feet. Omega Supreme continued after the dazed Stunticon and dispatched him before he could get to his feet with a thunderous punch from his claw.

It was odd, thought Defensor. Despite his abhorrence of violence and combat, First Aid’s contribution to his mind was proving to be quite useful in the fight with Bruticus. In gestalt team members, only Hook matched his knowledge of Cybertronian anatomy. But unlike with Devastator, Defensor’s multi-part mind was cohesive and clear enough to take advantage of that knowledge. And the influence of the other Protectobots was strong enough so that, despite First Aid’s aversion to do so, that information was utilized in combat situations. The pinpoint kick to Bruticus’ knee connection point was evidence of this, a kick that knocked the Combaticon off balance and sent him staggering back. Defensor looked up at the battlefield and smiled, as the Autobots seemed to be highly motivated and fighting with exceptional vigor. His smile faded slightly as he saw Omega Supreme approaching.

“Times up Defensor. It ends now.” The Guardian’s comments seemed apologetic, but Defensor could sense the happiness in his voice that he got to put the finishing touch on Bruticus.

Unaware that Omega Supreme was on his way to finish him off, Bruticus started one last charge at Defensor. The Protectobot saw him coming and sidestepped to the left of the giant Combaticon, brushing his arm away and grabbing the back of Bruticus with his left hand. The Combaticon struggled as Defensor maneuvered behind him, reached down and gripped his right thigh, and proceeded to hoist him into the air above him. Bruticus continued his struggle above Defensor as the Protectobot addressed Omega Supreme. “Fine. Here, catch!” With that, Defensor hurled Bruticus at the Guardian.

Despite Defensor’s instruction, Omega Supreme deemed to punch at the airborne Bruticus instead of attempting to catch him. The massive claw caught the Combaticon square in the chest, and the tremendous impact was enough to immediately sever the physical and mental links creating Bruticus. Four Combaticons that had been limbs continued to hurtle in the direction that Defensor had tossed them, while a crumpled Onslaught fell to the rocky ground, barely alive.

“Hey Megatron, I’m still waiting for your giants to overwhelm mine! My forces are growing tired of waiting to be routed and at your mercy!” Optimus Prime mockingly called out to his ancient enemy as he fired off a few rounds into Astrotrain’s chest.

“SHUT UP PRIME!” Megatron turned toward Soundwave. “Where the slag is PredaKing!?!”

The blue Communications Commander could only shake his head. “Unknown.”

“Slag! I should have brought Bludgeon and the other Pretenders. Even that Gnaw could be useful now.” Megatron shook his head. He had never been one for second-guessing, and quickly ended this bout of it. “Find PredaKing and get him back here now!” But a moment after issuing the order to Soundwave, the large blue robot took a shot to the chest and was sent sprawling back up the ramp into the Ark. “WHO DARES!?!” Megatron whirled around toward the origin of the shot.

“Me dare.” Grimlock and his Dinobots were boldly marching through the battlefield, thoughtlessly shrugging off the fire impacting on their massive frames.

“DIE PIT LORD!” Megatron straightened to his feet and fired a shot from his fusion cannon at the Dinobot Commander. Though fearless, Grimlock wasn’t stupid. He dove to the side to avoid being struck by the potent shot of energy. Grimlock’s leap revealed something behind him, something low enough not to be hit by Megatron’s shot, something traveling nearly two hundred miles an hour straight at the Decepticon Commander. “Prime.” Megatron was startled at seeing the speeding truck bearing down on him, and he realized that there was no way for him to avoid being struck by the Freightliner.

The red truck slammed hard into Megatron’s abdomen and propelled him up the ramp and into the Ark, driving him hard into, and through, the wall opposite the entrance. Prime transformed and stood over the dazed Decepticon Commander. Leveling his rifle at his enemy’s head, Prime addressed Megatron for what he thought to be the last time. “Goodbye Megatron.”

The red electro-saber slicing through Prime’s back put a stop to the execution. Prime dropped to his knees and twisted his head to see Blitzwing standing over him, raising his sword over his head for another strike. “You’re the one that’s leaving Optimus Prime!” Blitzwing swung down hard, but Prime’s upward shooting right forearm blocked the strike, and a left uppercut sent the Decepticon triplechanger out of the Ark and tumbling back down the ramp.

Prime turned back to Megatron, but caught the bottom of the Decepticon Commander’s foot in his face. Megatron pulled himself out from the hole in the metal wall that Prime had used him to create and looked down at the battlefield. Omega Supreme and Defensor were driving his forces from whatever cover that they had been utilizing, while the other Autobots picked them off. Superion had no doubt separated to aid Jetfire and Powerglide in the sky. His Decepticons were fighting valiantly, but they were being pounded. And worst of all, there was still no sign of PredaKing. Prime stirred and was started to get back to his feet, and Grimlock and his Dinobots had almost reached the Ark’s ramp. Megatron gritted his metal teeth as he was forced to accept that the day was lost. Raising his wrist communicator to his mouth, he angrily barked his final order for the battle. “Gather the wounded and retreat!” Prime reached up and grabbed his wrist, but Megatron twisted his hand against Prime’s thumb to break Prime’s grasp and to grab hold of the Autobot’s wrist instead. Using his new grasp, Megatron wrenched Prime up and tossed him through the hole in the wall. “Another time Optimus.” Megatron then fired several shots to disperse the Dinobots, marched down the ramp, grabbing Blitzwing and Soundwave as he went, and took to the sky after his battered troops.

Prime quickly scampered out of the hole in the wall and watched as the Decepticons retreated. Looking down at Grimlock, a look of joy seemed to emanate from his blue optics. “Mission accomplished.”

Grimlock nodded, but looked up as the sounds of heavy footfalls could be heard going up, and soon over, Mount St. Hillary. “Mission accomplished, but battle not over.”

Back and forth it had gone for endless minutes, and neither warrior had seemed to gain a clear-cut advantage. Sky Lynx, currently in his combined mode, was slashing and snapping at PredaKing, who was just as savagely slashing back with his sword and throwing spiked punches at the occasional opening. PredaKing lunged in and attempted a thrust with his sword, but Sky Lynx reared back and used repeated slashes with his forepaws to keep the Predacon away.

The Autobot started backing away, and PredaKing saw this as a sign that he was finally wearing this new warrior down. “You proved to be a good challenge Autobot, but like all others that dare face off against me, you will fall.”

“Wow, you’re as arrogant as you are ugly.” The heavily toothed-beak replied, before smiling widely. “But neither your arrogance or your ugliness can match your stupidity.” Sky Lynx then leaped back and took to the air.

Confused, PredaKing was suddenly aware of something behind him. Before he could turn to see what it was, an orange claw had grabbed him by his left arm. Forcibly spun around, PredaKing was now looking up at the massive Omega Supreme. Unable to break free of the Guardian’s grasp, the Predacon could only watch as the giant cannon that made up Omega Supreme’s left arm was brought back, and then driven hard into his face. The last thought before impact was one of regret for ignoring Megatron’s order to retreat.

Five Predacons hit the ground, but only Razorclaw was unconscious. “Get the slag out of here now!” Divebomb called out as he ran to his unconscious leader, lifted him and took to the air. The other three Predacons disappeared into what was left of the forest.

Sky Lynx lowered gently to the ground and looked the Guardian over. “Nice punch.”

In a rare display of mirth, Omega Supreme smiled. “I’ve waited a long time to deliver it.” He looked over the only other Transformer that he knew of that could compare to him in terms of size. “Looks like your operation was a success.”

Sky Lynx looked down over his scuffed up, dirt covered, damaged, but still optic pleasing frame, and smiled. “Success isn’t a big enough word.”