Transformers universe

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Wheeljack30, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

Maybe we cant anything about G1 toons, but what would be cool is if they could create a TF universe comic just like they did with others Marvel vs DC but this one would be G1 universe (G1, Headmasters, Masterforce, Victory) vs RID and Armada. If its to happen IDW would be in charge or Hasbro? I think it would profitable

2. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd read it. Kind of reminds me of Furman's original proposal to IDW before he came up with the deconstructionist reboot idea: the whole "Crisis on Infinite Cybertrons" idea.

3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    It's a nice idea. I've toyed with the concept myself, and there's plenty of TF villains to serve as big bads in a story like this. Start with the obvious, you have Unicron, The Fallen, Quintessons in the Dreamwave Energon Comics, and the Alternity can also be made to work.

The thing is, why stop at just G1 VS RiD and Armada? You've got the Movie continuity. You've got multiple takes on Generation 1 (granted some are subject to licensing and other restrictions). Japanese versions of US shows. Animated and Prime continuities. If you wanted to, you could even throw in the likes of Kiss Players and Binaltech.

Like I say, it's a concept I'd love to see realised. Though I know the reason it has never been done is simply the shear amount of complexity involved. Every new series doubles the cast. You end up very quickly with hundreds of named characters.

And how do the guys in series distinguish between a whole bunch of Bumblebees or Optimus Primes?

4. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Too close to fanwankery for me.

5. Boulder

Boulder Rock Lord

I could see this going a couple of ways:

There could be a broken universe idea, perhaps with a core contingent from each universe. (Bumblebee from the Bayverse, Jazz and Hound from G1, Bulkhead and Prowl from animated, etc. with their respective Primes.) The story would be about a tear between realities.

Another way could be one character moving between realities. There's a ST:TNG episode where Worf does this. The idea was already been touched on by Simon Furman in the original Marvel run where he brought in Galvatron from an alternate universe. Marvel also explored this with characters from the Age of Apocolypse reality slipping through.

6. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I think that with characters from the other universes being introduced into the "main" universe, such as Lockdown, that a universe crossover may not even be necessary.

7. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

Or an Autobot Universe vs a Decepticon Universe. Theres also Japanese Beast Wars II , Beast Neo, Beast Machines and BW

8. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^This. Lockdown, Lugnut and others seems to be showing up, so that freshens things up without having to have more continuity messes.

9. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    That's just it, if you're going to do a massive crossover, it's never going to be anything other than fanwank. Fans are typically the only ones who remember these series, so if a crossover ever did happen, I say go beyond the impossible and kick reason to the curb. Just go all out on making it the most awesomely crazy and over the top team up imaginable.

10. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm not interested unless they feature the Ladybird storybook continuity. Now *that* was an awesome universe.

11. TFcollecterguy

TFcollecterguy Well-Known Member

I'd read that. I've actually really wanted something like that to happen for quite a while now. It'd be really cool if they wrote it well.

12. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I think TFC and Battle Rollar had a few things to say about this :) 

13. Phoenix Blaze

Phoenix Blaze Brain Waster

I love multiverse things like this. All that team work and groups from across generations coming together.

Like, a bunch of Bumblebees operating as a scouting team, Ironhides and bulkheads just breaking face, an armada of seekers, sweeps....and cyclonus and of course the big face off of Primes vs. Megatrons, led by their G1 selves of course.

Yeah, I'd be all over that.