Transformers Universe?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by iheartarcee, Oct 4, 2007.

1. iheartarcee

iheartarcee Idonotheartbeastwars

Is this line a older line of toys? Are there any of them worth hunting for? I'm always up for new transformers lines!!!!

2. Eric

Eric Per sempre marciamo.

News Credits:
  3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Yes, there was a line back a couple of years ago (around 2003 if my memory is correct) that was all repaints of older TF toys. As for one's that are good to get, well, it all depends on your personal preference. I personally like the Skywarp that was done. I'd get ahold of the Ratchet too if I could find one, and have enough money for it, at the same time :thumb .

4. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

This is important to remember in the future, as the "continuation" of the Classics line will be part of Universe eventually.

5. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    As for which toys in Universe worth going ofter....it really depends on what you like. My faves are:

Skywarp (Deluxe, repaint of Beast Machines Jestorm)
    Sideburn (Deluxe, repaint of RiD Sideburn)
    Frostbite (Deluxe, repaint of BW TM2 Jawbreaker)
    Razorclaw (Ultra, repaint of BW Tigerhawk)
    Nemesis Prime (Ultra, repaint of BW Neo Big Convoy, only time the mold has been released at retail in the US)

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    The way it was stated at both Botcon and SDCC, it's more like a continuation of Classics, and just using the Universe name to actually give the line a real name. They also said that they might put some other things in there, but, they way they said it, it sounded like they were talking about including some WW homages like the Titanium line had, and possibly some molsd and some repaints that weren't previously used (the remaining Titaniums come to mind). In the end, I just hope they finally release that cosmos design :thumb .

7. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

I didn't realize you were at Botcon to hear how it sounded. :lol 

There's already non-Classics stuff that's getting stuck into Universe, like the recent Cybertron Scouts, which will likely continue to happen, and even the Classics two-pack is already in Universe packaging. The quote specifically says the 2008 lineup will have everything that's not Animated, so that's precisely the same as what you said here:

The hints towards doing stuff with the unused Titanium molds didn't confirm one way or another that they'll even be released, let alone in Universe. I was following all of the Botcon threads, and their desire to do something with the Titanium molds like Cosmos was about the same promise as was first made when Piranhaking went unreleased, and look how long that's taken.

8. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Good call :lolol 

9. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I could do with some repaints of older toys in Universe:

Armada Hoist in green and purple as Scavenger
    Armada Wheeljack with his chest cleaned up as Sideswipe
    Night Slash Cheetor in Yellow with transparent green plastic bits

10. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    It was a good way for Hasbro to take our money but i rarely bought them cuase i couldn't find them when Cybertron was out.:( 

11. iheartarcee

iheartarcee Idonotheartbeastwars

the reason i ask is because i found a bunch at a local family dollar for 5 bucks.. some looked cool.. others didnt. Im slightly interested in arcee...

[​IMG]

12. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Those are just some of the many, many repackaged figures stuck into Universe in recent years. In the case of those basics, they're all from Energon. Look up their respective reviews to check them out.

13. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

The Universe line is cool because it usually gives you a chance to pick up some figures that you may have missed earlier. The down side is that they release so many of the same figures so you run out of variety pretty quickly.

The Arcee mold (IMO of course) is pretty good. I think the transformation is fun and she looks good in robot or cycle mode. I would probably skip the others I've seen in the current Universe run (Insecticon, Strongarm, Windrazer, DoomLock) because (again IMO) they just don't have the same cool factor.