Transformers Universe Re-released Energon figures

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Scrapper6, Oct 3, 2006.

1. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

Do we have any information on wheter or not Hasbro will re-release future Energon overstock as part of the Universe line at discount outlets? I'm curious to know if they might re-release a few more Decepticons like Blackout or Kickback or Bonecrusher/Sledge's mold... You see I'm always expanding my Universe Fanfic with more new characters and right now I'm missing five Decepticons to make it even and before I start importing from other lines I was wondering if maybe Hasbro is still going hogwild with the overstock re-releases of Energon products in Universe packaging?

Sorry if this the wrong place to put this Mods, but then again I'm asking about toys; so what better place to ask then The Toyark? :lol 

I suppose the previous releases have sort of come out of left field; I thought maybe somebody might have asked this at Botcon, or that maybe Hasbro would have said something you know.

2. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

I'de say no Universe since the constructions are getting rereleased for Classics.

3. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

That may be true, but he's a Wal-Mart exclusive and they wouldn't use overstock even as a repaint would they? And the discout retailers that these Re-released Energon/Universe figures have been showing up in are... Well I don't fully understand the relationship they have with Hasbro at the moment you'd have to ask Nevermore.

Universe may be dead though; who can say I guess we'll have to wait and see if nobody thought to ask about that.

4. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

The only thing that comes to mind was that second wave of basic figures for Universe, but you probably knew about those. It's so late in the game, and Hasbro explicitly stated that Universe is now dead (minus the Aerialbots that finally joined the party, apparently), so it seems less likely now.

5. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I thought I read somewhere the Aerialbots were in Cybertron packages? Anyway, Universe was fun while it lasted. I still enjoy the Zombie Beasts.

6. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

Cybertron in Europe, Universe in America. Same way with the Constructicons and Railbots, though in the case of the former, substitute Cybertron with Energon.

7. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

these aren't just at discount....I saw some at KayBee over the weekend.

8. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Since everyone seems to be talking about different things here, let's get this straight:

Micromaster Aerialbots:
    On "Cybertron" cards - available as mass retail releases in some European countries since March 2006.
    On "Universe" cards - available as KB toys exclusives since the end of September 2006.

Repackaged Energon toys on "Universe" cards:
    Basics wave 1 (Perceptor, Insecticon, Arcee, Windrazor, "Energon Strongarm" repaint as "Strong Arm", Doom-Lock) - available at Family Dollar, Dollar General and Ocean State Job Lot stores since August 2005.
    Deluxes wave 1 (Storm Jet, Steamhammer, Barricade, Sharkticon) - available at Big Lots and Tuesday Morning stores since October 2005.
    Basics wave 2 (Wideload, Terradive, Signal Flare, Energon Saber) - no confirmed sighting yet.

Repackaged Spychangers on "Universe" cards:
    Wave 1 ("G1" Spychangers Wheeljack, Autobot Jazz, Hoist, Silverstreak, Prowl, Optimus Prime) - available at Dollar General and Family Dollar stores since February 2005.
    Wave 2 ("G1" Spychangers Optimus Prime, Autobot Jazz, Prowl and version 2 clear RiD Spychangers Mirage, Ironhide as "Hoist", W.A.R.S. as "Autobot Camshaft") - available at Familiy Dollar stores since August 2006.

Anyone got anything to add?