Transformers Universe (2008) Voyagers

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by B-Fox, Feb 18, 2008.

1. B-Fox

B-Fox Mahoro de MAMBO!

News Credits:
    So it seems as if all of the Voyager figures in Universe will be repaints from earlier lines (Boo!) and not feature new heads. There is likely to be 8 of them, but who?

Anybody up for some predictions?

Energon Cliffjumper --- Slapdash. They have vehicle modes that have similar shapes to them. And it'd be nice to get a Nebulon-free 'Master' character at retail instead of at BotCon or through the Club.

Leobreaker --- Leo Prime/Lioconvoy. Heavy Load has opened the door for more 'new' characters to weasel their way into the Classics-Universe, so why not make the full-scale version of that silly Legends repaint?

Energon Shockblast --- Shockwave. A lazy repaint that basically is just 'more purple' to an already purple toy. I think if this figure ever really happened, message boards all over the internet would explode and there'd be much gnashing of teeth.

Energon Ironhide --- Ironhide. Same deal with Shockwave as a repaint, only red. This would call for the deaths of a thousand baby kittens across the globe,though.

Cybertron Defense Scattorshot --- SOMEBODY. Maybe ScattErshot, or Flak the Micromaster to go with that Wal-Mart Exclusive Big Daddy.

And I can't think of anymore.

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I personally don't think that all the Voyagers will necessarily be repaints, there could be a new mold or two, but we won't know till we see all that will be released, and that won't be for a while. I've recently changed my mind about Blaster, and now plan to get him. Personally, I'm hoping for Cybertron Scattershot to be repainted as Warpath (remolded head would be awesome, but not 100% needed) and for Cybertron Evac to be repainted as Vortex (same situation with Scattershot head wise). Those are two molds that I now regret not getting while they were available.

3. butz

butz slippery when wet

NO. Just NO. I don't care what character they would attach to that mold either; I just don't want to see it on toy shelves again.

That being said, I'd want them to take this opportunity to revisit more obscure characters (using the Big Daddy repaint of Downshift as an example).
    Characters that would likely never get a new mold; a repaint of an existing mold could be the only way we'd get an update. I don't care if they used to be Micromasters (if Big Daddy can make the leap, why not others?), Powermasters, Actionmasters, whatever; so long as there is an existing mold that suits them (not E. Ironhide though.)
    I like the idea of using Cyb. Scattorshot for Flak, btw.

4. B-Fox

B-Fox Mahoro de MAMBO!

News Credits:
    I'm holding out hope for at least three new molds sandwiched in there somewhere. Like a new Ironhide/ Ratchet or Cyclonus and Scourge.

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    If we get a Universe Ironhide, he'll most definetly be a new mold. Hasbro said that they would like to do him in the line, but weren't 100% sure he would make the cut or not. They also said that if they made him, they would also later on repaint/remold him as Ratchet. Cyclonus and Scourge would also be nice. I would honestly settle for an all-plastic version of Scourge, but that wouldn't fit the realistic alt-mode rule for the new molds in the Universe line.

6. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Maybe a US release of the Takara Voyager Starscream from Galaxy Force would be nice, seeing as how Universe is a "catch-all" type of line for everything non-animated. I know they released him in a Thrust-ish color scheme earlier in Cybertron in a 2 pack, but I like the original colors more :/
    And speaking of the Soundwave mold, for the love of god, can we maybe FINALLY get Soundblaster stateside (with Buzzsaw included) either as an exclusive or a later-in-the-line figure if Blaster sells well enough.
    Continuing with the Legends themed figures like Leo-Prime/Lio Convoy, I'd like to see a Deluxe two pack. With Cybertron Hotshot repainted as Bumblebee ala his Legends counterpart VS Cybertron Thundercracker repainted as Starscream like HIS legends counterpart. And again with the Cybertron Voyager Starscream mold as Legends figures Sunstorm, Ramjet and/or Skywarp (preferably Skywarpsauce FIRST k thnx).
    DN

7. butz

butz slippery when wet

I'm thinking Ironhide would be a deluxe if they do him, not a voyager. Remember, there are still 4 deluxes unaccounted for; no reason to expect him to be needlessly ginormous.

8. Locke

Locke Team Vanguard

News Credits:
    Yes, please.

I've been trying to track down each of these molds on Ebay, and I'd love the chance to get them at retail again.

9. B-Fox

B-Fox Mahoro de MAMBO!

News Credits:
    But aren't two of those final four slots almost certainly guaranteed for a remold of Sunstreaker into Sideswipe and a repaint of Prowl into either Smokescreen or Bluestreak?

10. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Cybertron Evac would be a worthy repaint candidate (not to mention not officially repainted yet that we know of) as Whirl or (better yet) Blades.

11. twee

twee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really would love if they repainted all the Cyb Defense figures. Missed out on them and I can't justify spending the amount of money I see them for on eBay.

12. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'm skipping Blaster and Mixmaster so far, we'll see what else they've got.

13. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Cyb. Mudflap = Hook.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2008
  14. lookinglasself

lookinglasself 1.21 Jigowatts

NO more Cybertron repaints! Galvatron should have been a Voyager.. or an Ultra. I really hope we get another version of him down the line.

15. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Why would you even think this? just because the first two voyagers shown are repaints? I think it's far more likely that since they originally planned only deluxes and ultras for this line, that when they decided to expand it, they didnt have any new molds ready, so they just used repaints to start it off.

besides, I imagine we'll be seeing repaints in all of the universe size classes.

16. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I plan to get Blaster, and then get Sculptbot's Blaster head and be merry.

17. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think it's a safe bet that all of the Voyagers will be repaints as no one has heard a peep about new voyager molds. It's alright tho as there have been a few of them that have some life in them still.

Energon Cliffjumper could be used as Joyride. (Slapdash was the Formula 1 racer)
    CD Scattershot would rock as Flak, but I don't know if they'd give us two Micromaster homages in one year. I'd bet a new character out of him is the most likely deal. (if made)
    Leo Prime is a good bet since they did use him for the Legend version of Leobreaker.
    Evac as Blades would be better, but again they did him up as Whirl for the Legend figure last year. I'd like to see a Vortex or Spinister out of him instead just to mix things up a bit.
    Mudflap would make either a good Hook or Grapple. (or they could do both and take a page from E-Hobby and make him green and call him Hauler.
    A Voyager version of Cybertron Starscream as Skywarp would be cool since they did do that Legend version of him. Sunstorm and Ramjet too.
    If you wanted to be a little obscure and risk a shelf warmer, Energon Ironhind would make a good Swerve. (or Greasepit as another Micromaster homage)
    You could even go way out in left field with an Energon Jetfire painted up to look like Sky Lynx in Shuttle mode.
    And... Energon Wing Saber would make another cool Micromaster homage with Tread Bolt.

I'd really not want to see any more Armada Voayagers tho. Now there are still a good number of scouts and Deluxes that could be made. A slapdash out of Energon Prowl for example or Seaspray from Shortround. Hell, a G1 colored Omega Supreme would just rock if they had the gumption to make a Supreme.

18. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    There are actually only 3 Deluxes left. Out of the 8 that we will get, we already know of Prowl, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, Tankor, and Galvatron. I'm willing to bet that at least one of the 3 left will be a Prowl repaint/remold, if not 2 of them. I wouldn't be surprised if Ironhide turned out to be a Voyager sized figure, but I would prefer him to be a Deluxe. Either way I'll most likely get him and his later repaint/remold as Ratchet.

19. Nerdling

Nerdling Plastic Crack Addict

Ebay:
    There's a better chance of seeing a Menasor combiner in the line than another Galvatron :( 

20. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Because that absolutely, positively, needed to be reiterated. When one figure like that pretty much ruins the entire size class, it doesn't deserve to come back ever. Ditto, but to a far less extreme extent, to Mudflap.

That Shockblast-to-Shockwave repaint would be a bit of a kick in the balls, but Hasbro could do worse - they could paint him up in G1 Sixshot colors. :lol 

Come to think of it, that's not actually funny.:throw