Transformers United Photos

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Joe Moore, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    It more than likely is. However, if you have a Marshalls or a TJMaxx near by, it's a possibility that you can still find the Special Edition release in the black box, if you are looking for that mold right now.

2. Pride21

Pride21 Honor Wisdom Virtue

The two that caught my interest are WFC Megatron. The gun metal grey/silver paint really helps him stand out. Especially the head sculpt. Not sure why they skipped the upper leg/thigh area. The second is WFC Soundwave. The bit of paint on the legs and rest of the body helps to break up the blue. I'm indifferent to the rest of the featured toys. I have WFC Optimus. No amount of shiny/metallic paint can get me to like WFC Bumblebee/Cliffjumper. Henkei Megatron and Bumblebee are a moot point since I have their Classic counterparts. Not at all interested in deluxe Optimus. Drift does not look at all altered.

3. soldierstar

soldierstar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Damn I was really hopin' they were gonna chrome the hell outta Drift's blades...sigh...guess I gotta do it myself

4. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Glad I have been waffling on Henkei Megs for about 6 months now. Still not sure which one I will pick up (Henkei or this), but it is nice to have options, and maybe I will find a Henkei in the B/S/T cheaper now.

Really too bad that they are releasing the Deluxe Prime, but ah well, one less item to import.

5. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    At last Hastak put the faction logo on the right shoulder on that deluxe prime toy it was doing my nut in seeing that empty space.

As for the others they all look nice I like the metallic paint TakaraTomy has being using lately

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I do think I'll get that Megatron. Missed out on the Henkei so this one will be a decent and probably more affordable substitute. Might get that version of Cliff, love the metallic paint. Though not crazy about the head which seems to be a bit too tall. Guess that might be a forward reference to Prime (where Cliff has a thinner head?) though.

7. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    There's a good chance it'll be a repaint like this one, however I also wouldn't be too surprise if it was something else.

While it's definitely not a great mold, if it does get a similar repaint for Generations, there's a good chance I'll get it. I've never owned the mold before, and actually like the look of it, just haven't gotten a copy of it. Might also replace my Classics Bumblebee if it turns out the Bee listing is a repaint too. My current one has a bit of a crack forming in the windshield, which is why I no-longer transform him or Cliffjumper.

8. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    If it is a repaint of that mold, I hope it's done in Nemesis colors. I might pick it up then. Otherwise it'd be a pass for me.

It's also good to hear that CJ head can work on classics CJ, I may pick up 2 then. Or I might just get one to have him differ than Classics BB on my ark shelf.

9. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i'm gettin that megatron, i just couldn't get behind the chrome chest, so i'm getting this one for my classics collection

10. Optimal Fan

Optimal Fan Paxion

If the WFC prime really has "pin striping" and a deeper red than Hasbro (like the photo insinuates), then I am down. Well, in all reality, it will depend on the price.

11. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    I hope so I want that Megatron, I got a classics BB and I am fine with it as my generations figures.

12. Lone Cat

Lone Cat Well-Known Member

And this is what I've found in Japanese section of Wikipedia.

... ??!????!????????? - Wikipedia

AFAIK.
    War for Cybertron was released in Japan without ANY Japonization. (OK because for games market. Japan is considered small, too small .. or isn't it?) so I BELIEVE the game itself was IMPORTED, (and it found out that Japonization attemps doesn't worth, or maybe it really does! for me i'd like to see Tessho Genda doing Convoy, Issey Masamune doing narrator, and so on) for now... (i'm not sure whether is it confirmed?) the japanese release of WFC characters will use local names.. as follows
    - WFC Optimus Prime -> Seibertronian Convoy
    - WFC Megatron -> Seibertronian Megatron
    - WFC Bumblebee -> Seibertronian Bumble
    I think the reasons to use local names (i'm not sure if Takara Tomy had changed its mind later on) for those dude is... much of WFC players are G1 fans, and I believe that this rules apply in Japan.... many of them grown up with characters called in local name and not anglophonic names (Optimus Prime = Convoy, Autobot = Cybertron, Decepticon = Destron.... and so on)... and as of WFC marketings were primarily targetted at G1 fans. much of Jap old school TF fans easily recognized how are those heroes and villains are called in USA i think...
    And ... because "Autobot Drift" was american-designed character (and much like G1 Bludgeon, he's based on Japanese "lifestyles", but NEVER appears in ANY japanese published materials).... he has no local names so he will be released as ドリフト,
    - Red Alert is now using international name (while Optimus still use local names in Japan (??), maybe this is because there's another individual with similar name. Mach Alert (RID Prowl) .. i think...

13. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    Nice to see what is now comfirmed to be the Deluxe Megatron and Prime toys that are in Wallyworld's listing posted here the other day.

Voyager Megs remolded to be a deluxe, is pure Genius, now he'll be in scale to Starscream and Galvatron, Cyclonus and the other seekers.

14. Optimus117

Optimus117 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ditto x1000!

15. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ Yeah, that's not how remolding works. At all. And there is no known American release of this Megatron, either in Voyager or magically-shrunk Deluxe sizes.

16. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    Except he's not a deluxe. He's just a henkei repaint. He'll also cost a bit more than the deluxe carded figs more than likely.

17. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Er, I think Megs is just a repaint of the voayger mold, not a deluxe at all.

18. DevilGalvatron

DevilGalvatron Purple planet popper

Cliffjumper and Soundwave. Maybe I just Want Cliff because I haven't seen him before..I'll have to check out the USA version. Classics Bumble is back?!? Give him a new head and make him THROTTLEBOT LEADER GOLDBUG already! It's 2010!!!

19. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    This might interest you:

[​IMG]

20. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    WFC Prime still has the pink = red lights issue of the Hasbro release.
    It’s an otherwise excellent figure.

That Megatron is a must buy.

I’m not sure I’m getting two Cliffjumpers.
    If the head swap works both ways, putting a red Classics Bumblebee head on WFC Cliffjumper still differentiates WFC Cliffjumper from WFC Bumblebee.
    (That was a mouthful!)

Someone please destroy that deluxe Prime mold.