Transformers Ultimate Checklist

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by QuickswitchRoKs, Sep 20, 2010.

1. QuickswitchRoKs

QuickswitchRoKs Universal Dominator

Ok, here goes.

This is a project I've been working on for awhile now and thought I would share. About a year ago I got fed up with searching for a comprehensive Transformers checklist.....so I decided to make one myself.

I'm ambitiously calling it "The Ultimate Transformers Checklist." My goal is to try to include all toys (including their accessories) released from 1984 until present in both Japan and America. I only added the Japanese toys if they were not released in the US. For example, both the American and Japanese G1 lines were practically identical all the way until 1987. From there I listed the Japanese only figures separately from the US figures.

Download it here: Transformers Ultimate Checklist. It's a huge file (66 mb) due to the hundreds of pics attached, but it's worth it!

Since the file is uploaded to google docs, you must be logged into google to get access. If there is a better site to upload this file too please let me know and I will try it out. Also you will need the Eurostile Font to view it properly. Otherwise the pictures will not be aligned properly. One other thing to mention is that the pages are set to A4 size (since I currently live in Japan). If you convert to 8 X 11 you may need to adjust some of the pictures so that they fit nicely between the text.

A short Key:

Blue = a re-color
    Green = an exclusive
    Orange = A member of a group

Please note that I'm not currently finish with 2010. Anything with a ??? by it is a toy that I have not yet verified. But I believe that everything through 2009 is accurate. At the very bottom of the list there are exclusive toys that I have stumbled upon but am not sure where to place them. If anyone could tell me where these toys belong I would greatly appreciate it. Any help with the Star Wars Transformers and the Marvel Crossovers would be great as well. I haven't been able to find a parts list for them yet.

This list is a continual work in progress. I would appreciate any and all suggestions on how to improve it/make it easier to read.

I am currently working on a way to include a checklist for Tech Specs, Instruction manuals, and boxes in the left hand margin. However the solution still eludes me.

I hope that this file can be of use to others!

2. repair_bay

repair_bay Scramble Power!

Ebay:
    Interesting. I'm working on something very similar. I clicked on the link, though, and nothing happened. It just brought me to a blank web page.

3. QuickswitchRoKs

4. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Sorry man, I'm shooting blanks here as well. :( 

5. REMINATOR

REMINATOR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same here...only blank page.

6. CorporateZombie

CorporateZombie Great Odin's Raven

Yeah, copying and pasting didn't work. :C

7. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I also get a blank white page.

8. The Crazy Collector

The Crazy Collector Well, that's just Prime! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Maybe it's been fixed. I get a new page for Google docs, with the option to download the document. Haven't downloaded it yet, but your list sounds interesting!

9. QuickswitchRoKs

For those of you who still can't get the link to work.

Try Here

I've throw together a quick webpage which also has links to the file.

Hopefully the link starts to work. It's a really nice list and I would like to share it with others. I'm sure some of you would like a comprehensive TF's list as well :) 

All I ask is I get some feedback on ways to improve it.

Thanks!

10. QuickswitchRoKs

Could someone confirm if the link to the document works now. I would greatly appreciate it. (It will be worth your time to download!)

Thanks alot!

11. Waverider

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got a homepage and when I tried to view the checklist, I got the same blank page.

12. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

Well, I got it to work, but only after I logged into Google docs via my gmail user name and password. So, that was a pain to a certain degree, but I'm downloading it now.

13. Waverider

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ah. That was the problem. After logging into my Gogle account, I was able to access the checklist.

14. QuickswitchRoKs

Awesome. Thanks for letting me know. I'm glad you can get access to it but, I wonder if there is a way for people without a google account to get it.

15. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

New problem: it's a .wps file and, thus, my Mac's (laptop) version of MS Office is unable to open it or convert it into readable text. I am away from home currently and am unable to access my PC's.

There are plenty of other sites to upload files to for free: just google "free file upload" and scan the results.

16. Waverider

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm using a PC and I'm able to access it. It opens with MS Works.

I think it may be a compatibility problem with older versions of MS Office on the Mac. My roommate has a Mac with an older version of Office and cannot open wps files.

**EDIT**

I forgot to mention. Nice list so far. I like how you broke it down by line and by year.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
  17. QuickswitchRoKs

Checklist converted to a Word file!

Could someone please verify that this link works and the file can be downloaded properly.

Any feedback would be great!

Enjoy.