Transformers Trilogy toy line talk (HERE)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by shadow2879, Nov 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jazz342

Jazz342 Well-Known Member

Shadow, can you link the skeptics to the original announcement you made, there are a lot of figures you announced months before the nycc which were officially announced at nycc. If that doesn't convince them, oh well...

2. shadow2879

shadow2879 Banned

News Credits:
    like I said... I try to help and like you said, have made mention of toys and their looks way before mention at the conventions. There will always be those that question even when the info is right in their faces.

3. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    What the hell are these?

4. bossprime

bossprime wrecker

meh... It's getting hard for me to get exited about anything anymore. The best thing in my opinion is the backtrack to the past two movies. I'm wondering what hasbro will do with that. Also the con repaint of mirage is the single rumored toy you have listed here that I am excited about

Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  5. shadow2879

shadow2879 Banned

News Credits:
    have no idea on it but will let you know when i find out.

6. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

im guessing beachbreak is the obligatory beachcomber repaint of dotm dune runner,dont know bout the other guys though.

7. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    Beachbreak was an OC Hi-and-Die autobot in the ROTF Prequel novel. He's a Jet Ski.

Kaminari and Petr are NEST Scientists. One is a hot Japanese chick (described as such in book) and one a Russian built like a quarterback.

That answer your questions?

8. Jazz342

Jazz342 Well-Known Member

I would love to see a new jazz, but I'm happy with the original if we don't get it.

9. x BlackMagnus x

News Credits:
    We already got that repaint though, it was apart of a Walmart exclusive 2 pack with Spoons (repaint of Dirt Boss the fork lift).

10. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Terrorcon King

I want a Beachbreak so bad. JETSKI TRANSFORMER! How the hell can you say no?!

11. x BlackMagnus x

News Credits:
    Snarky much?

12. HeroicC300

News Credits:
    Yeah. But dammit, I want those three as toys, just so we get ALL movieverse autobots as toys.

13. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

The "rumored" stuff would be awesome. SO BOUGHT if it all comes out. Especially a Mexican Standoff pack. That just seems a little too good to be true for me.

I'm really looking forward to HA Mirage, but my enthusiasm for the HA line, even though it's still far and away my favorite, has waned due to too many repaints and the decline in quality (paint apps and detail, IMO).

14. HeroicC300

News Credits:
    Would it have killed them to do a new BB HA mold? The ONE TIME it's very justified it doesn't happen.

Here's hoping that the Trilogy lines runs side-by-side with Prime. Just to screw over retailers who want to promote one and not the other.

15. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    One of MY trusted members here, told me about your credibility.

Everything you say seems to make perfect sense. A "trilogy" line? Shhhheeeeeeeiiiit. That sounds like a GOLDMINE for Hasbro. They have tooling already made for THREE movies now, there is no cost in making new tools, except to possibly update a few small parts to make everything "mechtek-able"

We may very well see some REALLY good repaints. If Hasbro does not have to make a tool for every toy, possibly then the costs could go to more paint apps, making some of the best movie toys weve seen yet.

I wouldent beat up on shadow too much here, Ive seen some of the calls made so far, and its been pretty solid from my view.

and also, everything seems to look like official planned stuff. No out of the world stuff like "new omega supreme" and he even goes so far as to say

I DONT KNOW YET.

Credible if you ask me.

16. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    snark attack!!!

17. JukeOutlander

JukeOutlander Combat Antihero

News Credits:
    Be cool if Hasbro would release Striker Optimus Prime with a trailer that transforms into that weapon base thingy in the movie.

18. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's possible to be a skeptic without being aggressive and/or rude.

IIRC the Wheeljack and Buzzsaw retools were known from instruction manuals. Many of the rest are known from a Hasbro presentation that I saw personally at TFCon (and was known earlier from BotCon). Movie Trilogy as the name of the new line, I'm not sure was mentioned prior to NYCC.

Here is a list of things that would make me shake Shadow's hand and declare that he was right all along:
    -Buzzsaw being purple. That's NOT a Buzzsaw color. G1 color WJ is a no-brainer, this isn't.
    -Leader Shockwave. That's a Shadow prediction made after most of us put that in our "not happening" file.
    -Deluxe Weaponized Roadbuster
    -Armored Mirage

19. zark225

zark225 Talon Productions on YouTube

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    All of this sounds pretty awesome and, if it happens, is totally bought! Plus dude I believe you, especially after the previous comments about upcoming releases! Plus don't take it so seriously guys. If it happens... great! If not oh well.

20. Agent Adam

Agent Adam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It would not help his case, really. The reason people are so skeptical is because everything on his list is either an incredibly obvious repaint or movie character we could have just assumed was coming out eventually. For me personally, I find it hard to believe because there is just really nothing surprising about the list at all. (Like Air Raid was to me, for example.)

It you believe him, that's cool. If you believe him, don't get so worked up about it, let the evidence speak for itself come Toy Fair.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.