Minor/Repaint: Transformers Trilogy Ironhide

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Unicron9, May 28, 2011.

1. Unicron9

Unicron9 Chaos Bringer 9

Ebay:
    Now that I think we have seen all of the Voyager Ironhide's we will be seeing for the Movie line, I had to pick which was the keeper for my own display.
    The original has always been my favorite for actual screen accuracy in both modes and size scale next to Leader Optimus, Megatron, Starscream, and many of the Deluxes. After getting the DOTM figure, not liking it at all (even longer legs, even more wing-like wings, chest part only goes to the middle of his belly, big wacky new gun), I took my old 07 custom Ironhide, gave him the head and ball joint neck from the Recon figure, drilled and sanded out his left arm cannon to be a big hole rather than 4 small ones, and touched up the paint work a good bit.
    Now this is my Bay movie trilogy Voyager Ironhide.

Oh and I also repainted and kept the smaller arm cannons from Recon IH because they look nice on him too. Much like how they looked when retracted in the movie.

Attached Files:

2. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] BATTLE GAIA!

News Credits:
    hawt. Ironhide fan boy here! :D 

3. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    My premium is my favorite so far.

4. Unicron9

Unicron9 Chaos Bringer 9

Ebay:
    I like the premium, but it too is a bit further from movie accuracy in some ways.

5. onslaught314

onslaught314 Saxobot

News Credits:
    Very nice.

Also, just a suggestion what I did with my original IH was I chopped off the barrels on his right cannon, so the molded in rockets are at the end of the cannon. Makes it look more like his rocket barrels than machine guns. :) 

6. Unicron9

Unicron9 Chaos Bringer 9

Ebay:
    I considered that but he is the weapons expert so not too farfetched for 4 barrels to pop out of the rocket pod thing. Without them the gun wouldn't combine, or wouldn't be very sturdy at least. I really like the huge gun option.

7. sherpole

sherpole Undiscover Talent

Ebay:
    looks ok with dotm head. i do love the tftm or rotf. he deliver the presence, the detail, and in scale with others. and it super easy to repaint him. the alt shell is kinda separated from body.. so easy to dismantle, either movie colors or wanna make fan g1 dream color.