Transformers Trilogy 7 Disc Edition and Sentinel Prime Feature teaser

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by eagc7, Jan 20, 2012.

1. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
  2. Hellscream15

Hellscream15 Hi... Bl

Beat me to it.

3. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

This pretty much sums it up. This is what I want. Shots of the pre-viz animatics, concept art, the filmmakers talking about it. I love to hear about the thoughts and ideas behind the process of making a character like that. I hope that's just a teaser for a longer featurette on Sentinel.

But as a note, they throw in a piece of concept art of Megatron in the Hoover Dam at the 00:45 mark, which in turn looks they used that as the basis for the piece of art at 00:35 (Optimus about to revive Sentinel at NEST).

4. OmegaPrime22

OmegaPrime22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This set would be way more epic if they included all 3 film scores with steel book cd cases and expanded scores to.

5. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Nice, but I own the frist two films. I'll pick up the standard deluxe edition when available.

6. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
  7. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    Oh sure. Having a prominent role in Animated is "not a lot of mythology behind Sentinel Prime" at all.

8. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Maybe he didnt saw Animated or he meant there was not alot of mythos on the G1 Continuty for Sentinel (after all G1 Sentinel is like Movie Sentinel, both are the predessecors of Optimus Prime)

9. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    To be fair, the two characters are worlds apart. Animated Sentinel is more like your 'Football Jock' type of asshole, he might think he's hot shit but knows there are better bots than him around. Not the least of which is Ultra Magnus.

DotM Sentinel is more like....Black Adam. He considers human beings insects; he is above them and any kind of law they might try and impose upon him. Where that God complex came from I have no idea though.

10. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Well, honestly, "not a lot of mythology behind him" isn't the same as "absolutely NO mythology behind him". Other than G1 SP (which I barely know anything about), WFC (I think?) and a prominent role in Animated, yes, Sentinel Prime really hasn't had much a role in Transformers lore. At least compared to someone like, say, Optimus, Megatron, Starscream, etc..

THIS.

11. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I also saw Sentinel Prime as the cross of Ras'Al Ghul (TDK version specifically) because he's the mentor to the hero who double crosses him and becomes a extremist whose wishes to create a new world and Charles Zii Britannia from Code Geass whose again is the father to the young anti-hero (Lelouch is like a well intentioned demon, much can be said for Optimus Prime in Bayformers) who abandons his son and then coems back trying to convince him to particpate in his diabolical scheme which will make him a God.

Sentinel Prime is Best charecter in Bayformers no doubt. Hopefully in the featurette with Sentinel Prime Bay and his guys tell Ironhide fanboys off.