Transformers toys that you let your younger relatives play with?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tyjos, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Tyjos

Tyjos Just another Collector

Well I wonder how many of you let your younger relatives play with your TFs?

What figures do you let em bash around [the ones that you consider expendable or you know you can easily put back together?]

I let my nephew play with the Energon Figures I have, since those always seem to be good. He did last time when he was here play with some Cheap Generation 1 figures that I got for him.

so what do you guys let em play with?

2. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Not a damn thing.

3. XJunky

XJunky Howdy Ho Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

I let my near three year old daughter play with anything on an open shelf, I just ask her to be careful. She even makes "pew pew pew" sounds :) 

4. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Of my two younger siblings, one isn't potty trained and the other hasn't even learned to walk yet. However, the son of one of my dad's friends (I'm sure he was about 10 years old) loved my Ani. Leader Megatron. More specifically, he loved my Ani. Leader Megatron's fusion cannon because it shot the clear red missile pretty far. He didn't break or loose any part of my Megatron though, not even the missile (although I'd like to know what part of the house that missile didn't visit that day aside from the A/C vents) and he had a lot of fun shooting the cannon all over the place, so in the end it was okay.

5. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

This 100%

6. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    I let my niece (5) and nephew (8) play with my OP, BB, and Megs Activators. That's it.

7. Nemesis Liger

Nemesis Liger Well-Known Member

The only ones I trust not to break is my FAB Jolt. He seems more kid friendly than any of my others. I used to lend out my Robot Heroes also, but I was losing limbs... Since then I decided to put them up for fear of having them broken permanently.

8. jerryitus

jerryitus Transformer vacuum

Mostly KO stuff, until i thought about the lead paint and cheap Chinese safety hazards, so then moved on to Energon stuff, its all plastic anyways.

9. prime13

prime13 UCHUU KITAAAA

News Credits:
    The only relatives I know of are at least 1 province away. I don't have to worry about that.:) 

10. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    I have a 4yr old nephew, when he comes over he always asks to play with either OP or BB, those are his favorite characters. When he looks at the other figures all he states is "oh cool!"... and then requests BB or OP..

11. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    i have few yougner revaltives. but i do NOT LET them to Touch my TF!.. not to Sound Rude or naything. but im heavily Over-Protective to my Stuff. has i do not want my toys to break ro anything. so no. i do not let my revalties to paly with them. the only oens allwoed to TOUCH MY TFS are me and my brother

12. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

animated bumblebee

13. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When my two-year-old niece comes to visit, she's gotten to play with Animated Leader-class Bulkhead, Universe 2.0 Inferno, Cybertron Jetfire and Armada Red Alert. She mostly just likes rolling them back and forth in their vehicle modes and firing their missiles and pushing their electronic buttons, being way too young to know how to transform them. But I'm trying to get her started early.

14. Blitzving

Blitzving Has issues...

NONE! The impurities must never lay hands on them!

15. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i got a drawer of junkers and bots that don't fit on my shelves, that is what people play with

16. catz

catz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    gravity bots & activator, my 3 years old nephew can already transform a KFC prize optimus when he was 2

17. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i show mine to my 10 year old niece, but i get lots of help from her older sister who is 15.
    outside of that, NOT A DAMN THING goes into kids hands.

i must be old and jaded because even if your kid solved the mystery of black holes using Play-Doh, i still think kids lack certain cranial functions and i get real antsy.
    the kids that have come over lately just scare me. my sister brought a family friend over with her kids, and sis nagged me till i let one have the Speeder Bike from my 2010 AT-AT. he was doing fine till his mom called for him to get in the car. without looking, he jumped up and his first step was nearly on top of the toy.

i don't hate the tykes. maybe i just love my Soundwave more than a kid i didn't get to have fun making?

18. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    My soon to be one year old daughter just discovered my Transformers. After seeing her throw them, chew them, throw them again...I moved them into my closet. When she's older she'll get a second shot, but good God I can't do it right now.

19. Charsiupao

Charsiupao Well-Known Member

My 5-year old plays with all my Transformers (mainly movie line figures). I get a bit worried when he plays with Leader Brawl, but after a week it's still intact. He's been taught to respect his toys (his old Cars toys lost so much paint after just a few days of rough handling - the paint starts coming off even after just one crash - that he's very worried about his toys breaking) and I think he'll end up playing with them all.. I'm a bit worried about Buster Prime (still unopened and hiding the cupboard) but I think he'll be okay.

I know if the Transformers were like Toy Story toys they'd much rather be played with anyway.. Bonecrusher and Brawl even get cuddled to bed sometimes..

20. Mr. Sparklebot

Mr. Sparklebot 'Til All Are Juan

News Credits:
    Legends sometimes, or one of my Movie Bumblebees.