Transformers toyline and episodes

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Wheeljack30, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

We all know Hasbro was responsible for the manufacture of the toys but who responsible for the shows was it still Hasbro who decided the shows? Or the shows were separate

Thanks.

2. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
  3. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I believe since hasbro owns the hub that yes they produce TF: Prime.

4. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

I wasnt talking about TF: PRIME more like G1 LOL

5. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

I do believe this has changed over trhe years with each series.

But with the G1 toon, it was Marvel and Sunbow productions that handled writing and producing of the cartoon.

Hasbro had its input, but its doubtful it was along story or the creative issues for the series.

6. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

So that mean Hasbro had it's opinions in the show and the writers had to ask Hasbro if they can kill off a character right?

7. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    I think Hasbro told them what characters to focus on and it was the writer's job to make it work. Then for the movie, I think the writers just killed them off so that Hasbro can show new characters.

8. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Hasbro gave a list of "ok to kill" characters to the writers of the 86 movie.

The list corresponds with the toys being discontinued that year.

The list of "ok to kill" characters was much longer then the amount of characters actually killed.

9. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

But then Hasbro ran out remaining funds for the movie to show all of the cast

10. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I think Hasbro does work with writers of the shows and movies, but I don't think they have total control over what happens in the shows and movies.

11. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

Then if that's the case why did Hasbro even gave the writers an "ok to kill list" then? i know i know it's just for toys but still you just keep the cast even if the toys were discontinued just dont sell the toys but keep the animated characters around

12. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Because the show was a 30 minute commercial for the toys that were our coming out.

They killed off the characters because they didn't think kids would care. They were wrong.

13. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    No, it was more like it wasn't worth the effort for every new toy to get the same amount of treatment (as in the previous seasons), and there was no reason for a character without a toy to get any attention on the screen unless the writers wanted to use them for story purposes. The movie showcased the characters it was meant to, and season 3 showcased the rest of the characters that were meant to get "limelight" treatment.

14. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

When i saw that Shuttle Attack and i saw Brawn, Ironhide, Prowl and Ratchet died i felt like calling Hasbro and saying "Why Hasbro Why?", "Hasbro You Sellout". They could of atleast show some of the non-dead characters like Cliffjumper, Hoist, Grapple and etc...in season 3

15. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    No point, no money to be made from it. A couple showed up from time to time, but it makes good business sense to focus on the characters with merchandise on the shelves. A lot of the characters from season 1 and 2 hardly got any attention anyway. Let's face it, hoist and grapple only showed up in like 10 episodes of one 50 episode season.

Also, why the hell would you call Hasbro (a company, not a person, btw) "a sellout" when it's been a profit-driven company the whole time, and the transformers were a revenue-generating property from day 1?

16. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

cause when your a kid you dont know about stuff like that

17. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Excuse me?

They wanted to focus on the new characters, thats not as easy when you keep the old ones around.

We didnt see Clifjumper because his va quite.

18. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

Do you know why his VA quite? And if his VA didnt quite Cliffjumper would of been in season 3?

19. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    His VA (Casey Kasem) quit because he took issue with the racist overtones in the episodes containing Carbombya, as he is of middle eastern descent. He probably didn't need the job badly enough to deal with that kind of bullshit. Even if he hadn't quit, Cliffjumper would have been unlikely to feature heavily in Season 3, as he didn't really have a toy out and didn't really feature heavily in the latter half of season 2. Hell, he didn't even show up much in the movie. It's possible that Casey Kasem would have voiced other characters in season 3 who were instead voiced by others had he stayed on the cast, though.

Come on though, you're getting worked up over something that happened 25 years ago for a television series meant to market a toyline for children. There's nothing you can do about what happened, and even if there were, it wouldn't be worth it, frankly.

20. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    From all the threads Wheeljack30 has started, I get the impression the G1 cartoon is still a "recent" thing for him. As if it just came out last week or so.

No offense, just an observation.