Transformers Toy Dimensions

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by havokss22, Feb 20, 2007.

1. havokss22

havokss22 Well-Known Member

Hi All,
    I was wondering if anyone knew of site specifically centered around G1 toys that had toy dimensions on it. I'm in the process of designing / buidling a display case for a bunch of my G1 figures. And I want to have individual cubby for each figure. So I just need rough 3 demesnional size info for robot mode and alt mode. I could measure each group of figures but it gets old. So if anyone has a site with that info it would be cool.
    Thanks

2. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Never seen a site with dimension measurements, seems like there would be one out there somewhere tho. If you cant find one you can always do it the size class way (basics , deluxes, Megas, Ultras , supremes etc)

Hook us up with a pic of your display if possible when your done. Custom G1 cases are all that

3. havokss22

Thanks Chaos, and for sure I’ll post a pic when I'm done. I'm not a wood worker by any sense of the word, but I'm going to give it a shot. Most my G1 stuff is boxed up and in talking with one of my buddies he said it needs to be on display since it is my coolest collection. I figure by doing the custom display they will be protected and it won't just be toys on a shelf.

4. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

Dude, depending on how many figs you've got, that could be a lot of cubbies! I'm sure some of us here would be willing to provide some measurements if you list what figs for which you would like to know the dimensions. I'm game.

5. havokss22

It took me a little longer then I had hoped but I finished my first display case. This is just a small portion of my overall collection and mainly focused on G1 figures. I had a lot of lessons learned, not the best woodworker yet but I'm getting better. I also have all my measurements in excel format if anyone wants them. I realized after the fact I should have taken the photo looking straight at the shelves they are really square shaped not trapezoidal as the photo makes it look.

[​IMG]

6. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

Tight! I think I would've split the display into 2: Autos. and Deceps. and then painted each red and purple, respectively, as opposed to blue, but still way cool, man! Or maybe just paint each hole the respective insignia color of whoever is its resident. A patchwork scheme would look neat too.

And what's up with Bombshell and Kickback sharing a "hole"....something we should know about those 2? lol

7. havokss22

Funny you should mention that.. that was my original plan. Unfortunatley I was told by a higher power.. my wife... to make it the same color as the walls. Small victories, I get some of G1 stuff out and on display.

LOL The insecticon pairing was a last minute change... lesson learned.. most of the autobot cars are the same size... the key point was most.. and some shelve locations were out of tolerance... I think I may take the insecticons out and replace with a few favorite minibots.

8. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Lucifer's children TFW2005 Supporter

Nice display Havokss22.

9. Triformis

Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! The Insecticons are the best! You speak of sacrilege, sir! :) 

10. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    D00d, that looks superb! VERY nice. :) 

11. Nerdling

Nerdling Plastic Crack Addict

Ebay:
    I like seeing the toys displayed like that, but dont think I'll be doing that with mine for 2 reasons

1. G1 toys were really boxy and flat, so putting them in a museum-like casing would be natural

2. I actually want to play with mine every now and then. None of the ones I have (minus G1 Shockwave) have been opened.

Also, the recent molds are so much more animated and poseable, they almost need to be played with.

12. Triformis

13. Nerdling

Nerdling Plastic Crack Addict

Ebay:
    I didnt say he couldnt. What I meant to say was since theyre so damn old and clunky they should almost just stay in that display case...so their color doesnt come off or their limbs turn to dust :) 

14. havokss22

Thanks for all the great compliments and feedback. The G1 toys have always been special in fact the mirage figure in the upper left spot was my frist TF when I was a kid. I agree though they aren't the most poseable figures, but they've got some history behind them and I am just happy to have a nice way to display them. Need to work on my next display design and get the rest of the G1s out then move on from there.