Transformers TLK trailer Wednesday

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by RazorX3000, Apr 7, 2017.

1. Red Goblin

Red Goblin Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    oh no

• Like Like x 1
  2. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Oh yes

3. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Lighter of Darkest Hours

Bullshit. If that were true they wouldn't be billion dollar grossing films and we wouldn't be five movies in by now...

• Like Like x 10
  4. MegaPrime135

MegaPrime135 Well-Known Member

If you're not a fan of Bay or his methods, then what the hell are you doing here on these boards? I mean what's the point? I honestly don't understand it...

• Like Like x 13
  5. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Everyone was referring to the trailer, hoping for a money shot in the trailer. The whole idea of a money shot is primarily a crucial or engaging aspect that would keep you hooked. You did not understand this and instead posted the rather silly response of telling people about how the money shots will be in the movie - something everybody already knows. People want a glimpse of one of these in the trailer to get them hooked, that's the whole point of trailers.

Yes the movie has money shots - no it does not change or help the fact that many feel the trailer is seemingly lacking one that catches the audiences attention.

The definition of a money shot as listed above likely contradicts your remark that 20 of these occur in the movie - as with some of the Transformers movies there are less than 20 scenes so it would be a rather oddly paced film if every scene had a money shot where something crucial or climactic happens. I guess you think every impressive shot is a money shot or something, but yeah, incorrect with your remark again.

A couple of youtube channels mislead people into clicking by claiming it to be a new trailer and add the teaser to a pre-existing trailer to extend the runtime and have an excuse to use images from the new teaser in the thumbnail.

Avoid that channel in particular, there are sites you can download blockers to block channels on Youtube, would suggest using that for that youtuber.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Hotrod94573

Hotrod94573 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok what? I seriously don't get why the hell you're here if the only contribution to the conversation is negativity.

• Like Like x 6
  7. Sixshot93

Sixshot93 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wouldn't bother mate. Besides, both parties would look foolish if they start something on here. You wanna deal with each other, do it privately.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 Heart Like a Hand Grenade

News Credits:
    Is that your Battle Cry?

• Like Like x 9
  9. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just pointing out here that despite your viewpoints on MegaPrime135, they raise a good and simple point that should be remembered.

If the audience does not like the movie and walks out of the movie annoyed/angry chances are high that they may avoid the next movie in the series. There is only so many times that you can disappoint an audience before they abandon it.

Personally i still hope the movie series will get better - but i stopped watching them in the cinema's after Revenge Of The Fallen (Unless i end up joining friends to see them). They have effectively lost me as a customer in regards to contributing to the tickets sold/income the film earns. I still watch the movies and still find aspects i enjoy, but if you let down the fans long enough eventually they leave.

• Like Like x 1
  10. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The US box-office peaked at $402M with ROTF since then that has dropped to $$245M with AOE. Studios get back twice more than much from US box-office as they do from foreign box-office (and barely 25% of China's).

I get that you all love Bays crap but at least try googling some facts before attacking mine!

• Like Like x 3
  11. AOEGalvatronRox

AOEGalvatronRox Collector

We know. You've reminded us everytime a movie news post is made. You're pretty much the Kevin Smith of this website. And people come out of the theater pissed? Really? That's why the last 2 films grossed over $1 billion and that's why movie figures always boost Hasbro sales. Hate to burst your bubble, but you may hate the films but that doesn't mean everyone else does.

• Like Like x 9
  12. YoungPrime

News Credits:
    Look, I'm a Transformer's fan just like you are. I didn't see the first couple films hoping to hate them. We may disagree in this thread and the only ones seeing eye 2 eye on another discussion. That being said, these movie boards aren't meant for everyone to be kissing the @ss the director who's constantly lied about perfecting the quality of this franchise at one point to flat out saying "Let'em hate they'll go see it anyway!" (aka "I don't give a sh!t, and never have").

That's my stance on why I'm here and regardless if you don't like the intel I'm delivering, you can't say that you haven't learned anything from it....

• Like Like x 2
  13. YoungPrime

News Credits:
    My agenda (hope) is for the TF franchise to leave Bay and Paramount and fall into the hands of studio that will reboot it and do it justice...

How is that negative Sir?

• Like Like x 2
  14. Zemah

Zemah Bayformers Fan (Semi-fan after TLK)

News Credits:
    Oh, you'll have to wait a looooooooooooooooong time for that to happen buddy :lol 

• Like Like x 3
  15. YoungPrime

News Credits:
    Perhaps. But not at the rate the overall studio is doing. In the meantime, I have time with the wife, family time, NBA, NFL, IDW Ongoing, Generations figures, PS4, XB1, Marvel Netflix shows and in theaters this Summer alone there's GOTG Vol2, Pirates of the Caribbean 5 (maybe), Wonder Woman, Spider-man, Justice League, Thor 3, StarWars 8.....

Point being that I will occupy my time with something worthy. H3ll I just looked on Amazon and pulled a Leader class SkyShadow for $49.95 with free shipping. If anyone's interested there's still more at that price!

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  16. CKPRIME

The box office split is irrelevant to the popularity, it's still a nearly 4 billion dollar franchise.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Atomatron

Atomatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    it cant get any worse..... it gets worse

18. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime autobot

If anything, Transformers could easily go the route of Fast and the Furious and get it's second wind with TLK. lol. FnF Tokyo Drift, while popular, wasn't exactly a big mover and when they reset with Fast and Furious and Fast Five, that's where the franchise regained it's legs by going back to basics.

• Like Like x 2
  19. CKPRIME

You're right. I mentioned that a few times, there's no reason why the domestic box office can't go up with the release of TLK.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Burnout00012

Burnout00012 Mo' toys, mo' debt.

Every single time someone says they'll no longer be buying movie tickets, I buy an IMAX ticket in their honor. :D 

• Like Like x 14