Transformers TLK trailer Wednesday

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by RazorX3000, Apr 7, 2017.

1. Caminus Prime

Caminus Prime Banned

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I hope they took the time and changed onslaughts robot mode (if we see him in the trailer), that green western star pickup truck is way too big and unique for him to look like another copy pasted long haul.

• Like Like x 3
  2. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Eh. I think I'd rather wait a few extra months for the DVD. It's not like there's a shortage of good/interesting films to see on the big screen this year.

3. Chaos328

Chaos328 Decepticon

News Credits:
    lots of re used shots from the 1st trailer looks like, and it's no guarantee this will be attached to F8. Most theaters get the movies ahead of time so they may not even have this new trailer attached to it. But it will most def be in front of Guardians Vol2 and Baywatch.

• Like Like x 2
  4. GoldenKnight1212

GoldenKnight1212 Well-Known Member

I've noticed that people (not neccassarily people here but around the Internet) are complaining about the way this Movie advertises the sub plot that there some sort of deep history between the Transformers and Humanity by suggesting the Transformers have been on Earth for a very long time - which according to them - it doesn't make any sense. This is wrong. Why? It has been established in TF2: ROTF that the Transformers have been on Earth for a very long time at the opening scene and by Seymour Simmons, so here's a reminder to those who don't remember much about TF2 such as the opening scene from 0:14:

As you can tell, the opening of TF2 shows the Egyptian hunters meeting the original 7 Primes that are building the Sun Harvester at the 17,000 B.C. 17,000 B.C. is nearly 20,000 years from present day in the Bay verse, so the possibility of lots the Transformers activity happening on Earth is definitely plausible, even if they look like the Transformers we might see in the flash backs in this Movie which will probably look nothing like the original Primes, they don't necessarily need to look like the Primes.

In addition to that, in TF2 Seymour Simmons (a former Sector 7 Agent who knows a lot about the history between Humanity and the Transformers) has directly said that the Transformers have been on Earth for a long time:

So yeah, the Transformers have obviously been on Earth for an extremely long time, so if TLK shows the Humanity has deep history with the Transformers, it's nothing new because ROTF has already established this. All what TLK is trying to do is expand upon it.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  5. GoldenKnight1212

GoldenKnight1212 Well-Known Member

Whoops, I accidently sent my reply twice. But I've deleted one.

6. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    Hmm.... Since the last trailer was meant to pander to women by using the theme to a Tampon commercial (See "Always" on Youtube). Will they try accommodating the men again by making this one based on "jock itch"?

What....Don't get mad at me! It's their marketing strategy especial now that "Ghost In the Shell" has lost them $60M according to reports.

• Like Like x 3
  7. kylash327

kylash327 ThePlasticGeek

News Credits:
    I still cant get over Anthony Hopkins saying "Transformers"...

• Like Like x 1
  8. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Banned

News Credits:
    Why can no one on this site be normal? Anyways, hearing the word Tranformers said out loud is super awkward, I don't want them to be called that in universe, it's like if the Ninja Turtles where referred to as the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, like no...

9. kaotika

kaotika Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    so a trailer for a trailer.
    trailerception.

• Like Like x 6
  10. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In regards to the trailer... 'meh'

The scenes in the past look 'ok' but i'm not going into a Transformers movie wanting to see a ton of Arthurian legend played out. The shot of the circular thing rising out of the ocean looked pretty cool - though that was to be expected given we saw it emerge in another trailer.

Overall, i still feel these trailers are lacking the 'oh ****' moment that the other movies trailers had. We need the third trailer to end on something amazing. At the moment they are really riding on the idea that Bumblebee Vs Optimus is going to sell tickets when there is clearly a larger threat involved.

Either give us a shot of Dragonstorm Vs Optimus or give us some glimpse of the Planet potentially transforming or something - or at least a clearer idea of what it did/does to the moon.

Happens all the time nowadays, nothing special.

People have said 'Transformers' and 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' in the respective cartoon series. The only problem is that it does not feel natural because people are either too familiar with the actor or not connected enough with the character.

Personally i'm fine with most people saying it in the right context, but here it feels a little akward because he's interacted with Bumblebee in the past and Transformers prior along with Cade. So it would be easier, though admittedly more vague, if he just said "We've been hidden all these years, protecting their history on Earth".
    I'm suprised nobody realised that casting an actress and directing her to act like a plank of wood would lose them money... I've seen Scarlett Johansson in other movies and she can act, it seems she was told her character was a robot and thought that meant she could'nt do humanoid things.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Chaos328

Chaos328 Decepticon

News Credits:
    pretty much every studio does this now, since last year

12. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:

I object!

I don't really, I just wanted to say "I object!".

13. Jazz210

Jazz210 Est.2011

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    "You want to know why they coming here dont you, duude"
    Hopkins- Sir Burton

• Like Like x 8
  14. Chaos328

Chaos328 Decepticon

News Credits:

I Agree, where is the Money Shot

ROTF Devastator and Prime using 2 blades
    DOTM Prime coming in from the sky and running thru Decepticons and Driller Bot Destroying that Building
    AOE Prime Riding Grimlock into battle.

I doubt they reveal Quintessa or Infernocus so my guess is maybe some Decepticon fighting an Autobot. Only fight we really seen was Bee vs Prime and

• Like Like x 2
  15. Chris James

Chris James Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We'll also probably get the theatrical poster next week too.

I'm guessing Prime, Bee, Megs and Dragonstorm will be on the poster.

• Like Like x 7
  16. Niv3k

Niv3k RED ALERT WOO WOO WOO

News Credits:
    If this really is the last trailer I expect a money shot that will blow our minds.

• Like Like x 5
  17. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Red Cross emblems are still there. They are just black + now instead of in red.

18. Burnout00012

Burnout00012 SKREEEEEEEOONK

Sure there is. None of the other movies are Transformers. :D 

• Like Like x 2
  19. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What do you mean?

20. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    BRING IT! :bay