Transformers TLK returning to Bourne Wood.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by tonyformer, Oct 8, 2016.

1. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
    • Like Like x 6
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. GirlBot

GirlBot Mini-Cassette

News Credits:
    One question. Is that a transformer? :lol 

• Like Like x 4
  3. Shark

Shark Carcharodon carcharias

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    A catapult Transformer would make an interesting toy, lol

• Like Like x 1
  4. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    I won't stand for this blatant disrespect for historical siege engineering!

It's a trebuchet, not a catapult.

• Like Like x 2
  5. tonyformer

News Credits:
    Lol oh what was I thinking! Sorry... corrected :) 

6. tonyformer

News Credits:
    It would be tho lol

• Like Like x 1
  7. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

Okay, there are two things that stand out.

First, the fact that they have a practical effects trebuchet is awesome. They look so much better as practical props than CGI props.

Also, this means that the stuff taking place in early medieval times is expansive and not just a small part of the film. There was a thread asking where the major battle will be. I think this will possibly be the biggest battle, or at least part of it. Although I also think the London chases, the Arizona chase, (most likely meant to be the Dakotas), and the stuff on the ship are major or at least notable, too.

• Like Like x 2
  8. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    I'd be pretty excited to see a medieval battle with modern cars driving around the battlefield! For years I've had a strange desire to see a Transformers/Lord of the Rings crossover story, this might be the closest I get to see it, hahaha.

• Like Like x 6
  9. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Time Travel confirmed. But between dicking around in ye olde Englande, random shit in modern England, Cuba, Paris, Chicago ruins, and that place in Russia, I honestly do not see how any of this makes any sense. On-location filming is one thing, but I'm certain the effect will be minimal if nonexistent in the context of the film itself. Oh, yeah, and some bullshit about Churchill and Nazis or something is somehow related to all this money-burning travel.

Methinks Bay is just using the films as an excuse to go see the world on Paramount's dime because this is really looking like his last film - he's not doing the Bee film IIRC.

10. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    You are talking about a incomplete film though which you have rather limited knowledge of, it's akin to trying to guess what a 100 piece puzzle is going to look like with only 10 pieces.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

Same. It would be cool seeing technologically advanced beings destroy legions of Orcs and Trolls with minimal effort, only for Sauron to have his own Cybertronian allies.

Either way, this looks really cool, and it is in the same area where Gladiator filmed during the beginning of that film.

Given the scale I am going to make an educated guess that there won't just be human knights, horses, and trebuchets in this battle, but also Cybertronians.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Sixshot93

Sixshot93 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ... Ho...ly... ... :bay :bay :bay :bay :bay :bay :bay 

• Like Like x 2
  13. figsdad

figsdad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Catapult is that you Perceptor

14. Russian fan

Russian fan Proud Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    For several years of my life I was a fan of LOTR and very liked medieval stories like Arthurian legend, but Transformers came and I'm here for nine years already:) )))) But a footprint of fantasy culture remains so I'm EXTREMELLY HAPPY with all that knighthood theme!!!:bay :buttrock 

• Like Like x 2
  15. GirlBot

GirlBot Mini-Cassette

News Credits:
    Why not, where else will you be able to see somethin like that?

Didn't we refute the time travel theory already? o_O  The actors seemed to be done with the filming so the medieval scenes are being shot without them. If the time travel was involved wouldn't the human actors be there? I think that at this point in time it may simply be some character's journey through the ages presented in extended flashbacks.

Nazis trying to get their hands on some ancient and powerful artifact did happen in the movies. Take the first Captain America with Hydra looking for Tesseract or the Indiana Jones movies like The Riders of the Lost Arc or The Last Crusade. The idea is nothing new at this point in time :) 

I think that the shots in Paris, Cuba and Russia will be just scenery shots. They did have Paris in ROTF, but it did not bring anything to the plot outside of being the Witwickys' vacation venue. DOTM also had a lot of shots that took place around the world. I don't think that this time it will be much different.

• Like Like x 1
  16. tonyformer

News Credits:
    you may be right but seeing the extent of filming and attention paid to this part of history, still makes me feel Stonehenge will somehow play into sending TFs and a few humans back in time while the majority of the good guys stay in the present to fend off the Cons. Now I maybe really reaching here but what characters have we been told would be in the movie but have been seen very little and or not at all yet? Joshua Joyce and Epps. Like I said, reaching here for sure but what if this is how these 2 are written into the movie? They get tasked to go back wth maybe a Bot or 2 to grab whatever artifact? We als seen the individual script for Mark And Tyrese which in itself looked to be not a small script. We only seen Tyrese on set for the Paris one day filming.

17. GirlBot

GirlBot Mini-Cassette

News Credits:
    I would not send JJ anywhere important considering that the last time he got an important job he barely made it :lol 

The time travel option is still open, but right now not all the elements seem to fit it. If they only need the artifact from King Arthur's time why the WWII? Wouldn't it be redundant?

Oh, and apparently TLK was filming on Trolltunga in Norway this Thursday:
    Nå er «Transformers»-scenene i Norge spilt inn

I think that they were also supposed to be filming on the Atlanterhavsvegen (Atlantic Highway).

Sorry to hijack the thread :) 

• Like Like x 1
  18. tonyformer

News Credits:
    you may be right but I think we may have 2 different artifacts in play here. The Sword which will no doubt be Excalibur (key) of some sort. Which this Sword may still be in the past. If any Autobot was going to go back to get it, it would probably be OP as he might need this Sword to somehow revive cybertron. And keep in mind we also have the Cybertronian Staff artifact we seen on the back of the knight early on in filming. Which could be the MAIN artifact that has made its way through time that Hitler had or was after and is Merlins staff that was gifted to him by the creator, and grants Merlin his power. Or maybe the sword isn't the key to the omega lock but the key to vector sigma and the key to turning vector sigma on. And maybe Merlins Staff is the key to the Omega lock that they need to open it, to then send someone back in time to get the Sword ;) 

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
  19. spikebuster

spikebuster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My head hurts :lol 

20. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    That's still one tenth of a puzzle.