Transformers: Titans Return - More Than Meets The Eye TV Commercial

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Jan 6, 2017.

1. MastaBlasta

MastaBlasta Knight Industries Two Thousand

Where are the original heads going? They just go down into the body\'s. Isn\'t the whole point for them to come off?

• Like Like x 2
  2. MastaBlasta

MastaBlasta Knight Industries Two Thousand

Where are the original heads going? They just go down into the body\'s. Isn\'t the whole point for them to come off?

3. JohnRedcorn

JohnRedcorn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In Season 4 of TF G1, it was explained that they download their minds into the auxiliary memory in their chest.

• Like Like x 1
  4. turbobluestreak

turbobluestreak Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    why are they treating headmasters like minicons?

tbs

5. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

I know this will be a fairly unpopular view, but Headmasters was always pretty stupid.

The only way they ever made any sense to me was as Transtectors (a la Takara). The Hasbro premise was just goofy. And still is.

zmog

• Like Like x 5
  6. Jus09

Jus09 Well-Known Member

Not sure how switching heads grants certain Transformers new abilities.

7. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    think of it like Minicons, the Titanmasters each have a "super power" or enhance an attribute of the regular bot.
    It's actually a fun imagination play point for kids IMHO.

• Like Like x 1
  8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Knowledge?

I mean, they're robots. How do they have certain abilities to start with?

9. SMOG

I mean, in the old G1 episode "Heavy Metal War," all of a TF's special powers were apparently contained in a single microchip, which could be easily swapped, and/or hoarded into one body. So Minicons/Headmasters/Powermasters aren't much of a stretch.

That said, "Heavy Metal War" was also f***ing stupid, so it hardly excuses anything. :p 

zmog

• Like Like x 2
  10. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    This was a whoop-ass commercial.

Did you ever once voice this question during Armada? You know, that cartoon where the entire series was built around this premise of a smaller robot attaching to grant extra abilities? Or is it only now you are wanting to keep Transformers confined to the realm of hard science? Give me a break.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Lord Dcast

Lord Dcast Dr Lockdown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Those other Titan Masters are fine; it's just Sawback. He sucks...really sucks...

Even Overboard, who is a fantastic figure but is the second worst due to cheap white chalky paint and poor QC, is better than him because at least each mode is coherent.

12. Robert Snoke

Robert Snoke Gundam Astraea hangar

oh no, the Titans have returned!! grab your Zeta Gundams or 3D Maneuver Gear & Eren Jeager!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Jus09

Jus09 Well-Known Member

Except those were smaller robots attaching to another robot. Whereas these are smaller robots that become the heads for larger robots. Though to be fair, the Mini-Cons were partially created by Unicron.

14. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    What do you think is happening here? A smaller robot is attaching to a larger robot. It's the same thing.

15. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

What is this non-on-demand medium you speak of.... T.V.?

Kind of like headmasters except they are called Titans.... uh... yep... I wonder why "HeadMasters" and "BreastMasters" never caught on here in the states... at least terminology wise ^^/

• Like Like x 1
  16. MartyFeeb

MartyFeeb Wait... it's a bug?!

News Credits:
    Am I the only one who noticed how lazy that commercial was? Seriously among the worst, non-moving CG I've ever seen. The RID commercial (obviously) was a lot more intense/interesting. Hasbro, if you don't give a sh*t, why bother even making a commercial? Is anyone still handing out effort prizes to Hasbro? Cause they seriously don't deserve one for THAT... :banghead: 

Yeah... except that NO ONE READS THE ACTUAL PACKAGE DESCRIPTION! :lol 

Look at all the confusion here on this thread, a place for adult fans: "what do HMs do? Why do they power up characters? What's going on?" Literally all is answered in the 2 sentence blurbs they write on the back of deluxes (and up). :rolleyes2  But the packaging is so full of garbage text and legaleze, that literally no one bothers to read it...

Seriously, there's a snowball's chance in Hell that a kid will pick up this toy and look for information on the packaging (i.e. Hasbro should have done a better job of making the story text pop!).

17. SMOG

Yeah, the flavour-text on TF packaging has really gone down, down, down-hill.

I mean, obviously, the old G1 bios were flat-out the best. They've attempted to capture some of that spirit in the past, but either the writing has been lame, or they've been too short, or too generalized, or too focused on a gimmick, or too concerned with making the character sound "awesome" to imply a personality. I fell in love with a generation of Transformers characters just from reading their bios. I didn't even need the cartoon. I bought a book of their collected long-form bios. Contemporary Transformers don't generate that same kind of connection, sadly.

zmog

18. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    It's one of the shame's of Tri- and especially Quad- language package, there's just no room on them for effective bios. (Especially for two characters!!!)

That's what was so great about the G1 tech specs (and even more the GIJoe battle cards) - I loved collecting and filing those...

Seems like they could do something combing the profile cards they put in the packages and their website, linking them with a QR code or something...