Transformers Timelines: Wings of Honor (store release)

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Nerroth, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Nerroth

Nerroth Alea iacta est.

News Credits:
    Hi.

[​IMG]

Along with issue 2 of the ongoing and 1 of Bumblebee's side-story, Wings of Honor was on the shelves at a local comic shop.

Three TF comics in one go, and all of them with Hot Rod on the cover. It must be my lucky day.

(Plus I found Bludgeon in another store on the way back. Even better!)

I don't want to spoil it, but suffice to say for now that it's a great, great read - not quite as good as Shattered Glass for me, but the most fun, by a Cybertronic mile, of the three issues I got today.

Especially with the likes of Mr. "Hai, Soushireikan!" - and the "Wanna fight? Fight me!" quip made against him!

Damn, Kup's old crew were cool.

There are five bio pages in the back - although, I was hoping that the motto/quote for Dion (who I don't think is in the story itself) would be "JAAAAAaaaaaAAAAaaaAaaaaaAaAAAaAAaaaaaaM!" or something.

So, if you haven't gotten it yet, and still can, what are you waiting for!

Ikimaaaaaasu!

(P.S. I'm not sure how it differs, if at all, from the BotCon release. Does anyone know if it has anything the convention edition did not, or vice versa?)

2. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

I enjoyed it myself. The profiles in the back was not in the Botcon version.

3. BigPhill

BigPhill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Managed to pick up a copy of this, and after having a flick through it, I REALLY hope I can get my hands on this year's BotCon set eventually.

4. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    yeah...this comic was a fun one...i've got all the comics so far, and they always make me want the sets...hopefully i'll be able to get the set in the next week!

5. BigPhill

BigPhill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Only place I could find this was in Forbidden Planet and I just realised I was scalped!

I paid £4.15 for it, which at current exchange rates is $6.65, a lot more than the cover price. Wish my normal place had remembered to order it for me.

6. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    better then paying 10 plus shipping like the ones on ebay are...i got mine for like 4.25 or so...cuz of my discount...

7. Scaleface

Scaleface TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I wonder if the "future" of Kup, Rodimus and the Dinobots will be visited again, of if all future Wings of Honor stories will be set entirely in the past? Will all stories be told by Kup in the past tense? Or will they just tell the stories as if they are happening now?

8. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'd imagine future Elite Guard stories will be told from a more contemporary viewpoint. The Kup flashback was ostensibly just to work Scourge and his Sweeps into the comic somehow.

9. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I just got it.
    It's a good read.

FP also uses two pencilers and two colorists to great effect.
    Pay attention IDW!

10. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

I live on the fringes of civilization (sweden) so I had to get scalped on ebay for this, but it was well worth it. A great read.
    I liked all the japanese bits with Leozack. The japanese-inspired font, him calling out attacks. His katana-like sword etc.

11. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

I live on the fringes of civilization (sweden) so I had to get scalped on ebay for this, but it was well worth it. A great read.
    I liked all the japanese bits with Leozack. The japanese-inspired font, him calling out attacks. His katana-like sword etc.