Transformers Themed Playsets

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by JOHNDILLINGA, Jul 15, 2008.

1. JOHNDILLINGA

JOHNDILLINGA This Space For Rent!

News Credits:
    Who else would want one?

Think the Mannor/Batcave playset that they have re-used every few years, it's been retooled, recollored and manytimes sold in stores.

Now what if they could produce a main Playset for Transformer figures that they could use more then once but make add on sets for each themed line.

The main parts could include a Control center, Med bay and Launch area.

With detention center, Weapon storage, Energon refueling bay expansion sets etc...

There could combine it to be a Starship and a Earth base playset where you could use ether side.

im trying to Build a Display set with random tech looking parts (Some stuff from GI joe/ Starwars playsets and other items I find), It would also be used for Photocomics.

But I'd still love to get an Official TF playset.

2. justinRODimus

justinRODimus Well-Known Member

i think alot of collectors have so many toys, they could either buy a ton of these or stick with shelves because they need the space.

i think it's iffy

3. JOHNDILLINGA

JOHNDILLINGA This Space For Rent!

News Credits:
    I tend to display a lot of my favorites out of each series on top of my Entertainment center so if I had a display to make it look better I'd jump on it.

Plus I think it would be made more for kids to play with, I'd love an Animated Playset I think it would sell too.

4. kllrwlf

kllrwlf Well-Known Member

I just moved my GiJoe Terror Drome ( http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/86/terrordrome/ ) and my M.A.S.K. Boulder Hill ( http://www.virtualtoychest.co.uk/m/mask/maskboulder5crop.jpg ) to my room and while I was cleaning it up and looking at all that plastic goodness, I was thinking, too bad that they don't make 'em like this anymore.

I mean GiJOE also had so many playsets (HQ, Aircraft carrier)... He-Man had Castle Greyskull and Snake Mountain...

I think they stepped away from the big sets because the costs are much higher and the avg consumer will not buy it due to it's costs and size.

My Terror Drome consumed a shelf that used to have all of my big guys... Unicron, Primus, G1 and Energon Metroplex, G1 Omega Supreme... 3 of my combiners and several others.

This thing is just huge... I love playing with it though. :D 

5. unclemarsellus

unclemarsellus Imaginaut

I love playsets and we somewhat got them in the form of Metroplex, Trypticon, Scorponok and Fortress Maximus in G1. Nothing on that level has really been done since. Even Optimus Prime's trailer (1984 and Powermaster) can be considered a playset of sorts. Beyond that, Transformers are probably one of the few lines that don't lend themselves well to playsets. They don't need an environment to be fun.