Transformers-themed breakbeat mix.

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Kaynyne, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Kaynyne

Kaynyne Member

I've been trying to get this mix posted here for a week, so I hope it reaches all you well.

Hot and fresh for 2008, enjoy a Transformers-themed mix made by your friendly neighborhood Kaynyne. I don't make your average dance-music mixes. I do plenty of over-production with samples and sound effects. In other words, you can consider this an "enhanced" mix.

Download the mix here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/0nbbj5

If the link expires, message me and i will re-upload it for you.

The tracklist is below. Enjoy! -- Kaynyne

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kaynyne -- Our Darkest Hour

1. Intro
    2. Embliss -- Robots in Disguise (Autobots VIP Remix)
    3. Jackal and Hyde -- Seek and Destroy (DJ Monk vs. The Track Mack Remix)
    4. The Disciple Grin -- Odditease (Transformer Man's Blueberry Muffin Recipe)
    5. Daft Punk -- Robot Rock (White Label Breaks Remix)
    6. Decepticonz -- Total Domination (Huda Hudia Remix)
    7. The Phat Riderz -- dxrK9
    8. Dynomyt -- Transformers (Kaynyne's Fandango Remix)
    9. Huda Hudia -- System Overload (The Download is Complete Mix)
    10. Echo 'n' Steps -- CIT RON 1
    11. The Phat Riderz -- The Guardian
    12. Embliss pres. The Decepticons -- Robots in Disguise (Original Mix)
    13. The Phat Riderz -- Emotional Wishes
    14. The Phat Riderz -- The War Face
    15. The Autobots -- Final Conflict (Original Mix)
    16. Linkin Park -- What I've Done (DJ Rix Extended Mix)
    17. Outro

2. Kaynyne

Kaynyne Member

It's a really cool mix...FOR FREE... -- Kaynyne

3. Kaynyne

Kaynyne Member

Anyone dig on some breaks around here? Transformers? Anyone?

4. Kaynyne

Kaynyne Member

Bump. :dj 

5. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oops sori bro, unable to download the track. btw i also dig breakbeat, jungle & stuff like dj shadow.

6. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    i'm DLing now, i'll check it when i get home. I'm down with that stuff too :) 

7. Kaynyne

Kaynyne Member

All you have to do is click the link, and scroll to the bottom of the page. Then, click on: Download Link: Kaynyne -- OuR dArKeSt HoUr .mp3

Your browser should start to automatically download the mix. :poop 

8. Kaynyne

Kaynyne Member

BUMP! :thumbs2: :D :rock :music 

9. Kaynyne

Kaynyne Member

BUMP AGAIN! I'm here all week, folks. Try the fish! :thumbs2: 

10. Kaynyne

Kaynyne Member

Better than a bag o' salty Energon chips...better than your mother's cooking...actually, better than your mom's "assets":drool: , this mix is packed full of wholesome delicious breaks and honey-sweet Transformery goodness--part of a balanced nutritious BrEaKfast.

Get it while IT'S HOT! Enjoy!

11. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    dude its not really cool to bump your thread like that.

only bumping done around here is in the sales/wanted forums.

12. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
    Always down for some breaks! Bigups man!

13. Kaynyne

Kaynyne Member

Hey...when you have something creative to share with the TF community, is it ok if I bust YOUR balls for bumping it? :throw 

Besides...have you listened to what I'm offering? I drop funky-fresh musicks for ALL TRANS-FANS! WOOPTY-WOOT!

And oh yeah...BUMP AGAIN!

:dj 

14. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Ok, enough with the thread bumping. It is a practice that is generally frowned upon, especially in the excess that you are doing it. I completely understand the excitement to share your work, and we're all happy for you to share it here. That's why we'll look the other way once or twice. But when you have 9 posts and 7 are thread bumps, that's just not cool. If people want to listen to it, they will, if they don't then they don't.

Please do not bump this thread again. If you have any questions, feel free to shoot me a PM.

15. Kaynyne

Kaynyne Member

Sorry there, Mr. Moore. But I spent time trying to get some other Admins and Mods to help me get this out as news. Nobody would even acknowledge me until I contacted Mr. Kickback directly. Besides, i didn't know you guys would get all crabby at my self-promotional activities.

I figured that of all places, THIS would be where I would find some interested listeners. I guess not.

I've been a "lurking" member here for almost 4 years, and I come here at least once a day...usually more than that. I really never had a reason to say anything on the boards until now. Now I'm kinda' sorry I did.

This will be my last comment on the thread. Rest assured, I'll stop.

For those of you who downloaded my mix, enjoy! I made it for cats just like you.

For those that don't get a chance to download the mix because the link expires, PM me, and I'll try to accomodate you.

For those that want to hate on a guy who shares your hobby...who wants to share the fruits of his labor with total strangers...who bumps his own post 7 (now 8) times to spread the word because he couldn't figure out how to "submit news" on this site...who is confused by the cold response he's gotten from a site he's been a member of for years...I'll just keep all future posts and comments to myself.

Cest la vie.

16. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    maybe because you've been a lurker this whole time - that's effectively a stranger. plus, your way of self-promo is rather obnoxious.
    dude...melodrama? come on. Yes, this is a great place to find people into TF mixes. But who are you? You don't have to be famous, but geez, make some friends, and then they'll start checking your stuff out, and it moves out from there. No one just shows up out of nowhere after being a stranger and is instantly listened to by everyone, no matter what they're offering. and not to knock the audience, but art seems to get the quickest response, because it's quick, doesn't involve reading or downloading. you can jump in, check it out, and go wow! or yuck. Not to downplay your music, i have yet to hear it (that'll be tonight, I did DL your stuff after reading your first post.
    ucch, you're not winning anyone over talking like this. You've had no posts on this board til you went to promote your music. Again - you are a stranger, make some friends first!! that'd be like crushing on some girl, not talking to her for the first 4 years you see her, and then running up to her saying "hi! look at me! I've got a huge ___! Wanna see? Huh, huh!? wanna see? come on, come check it out! Woot!!" every day for a week.

exactly. strangers. make. a. friend.
    i've actually never submitted news on this forum, but unless you've become a famous whatever, personal fan submissions don't really qualify as news. Kitbashes go in the kitbash forum, art in the art forum, fic in the fic forum. Honestly there's not enough music out there to require a music forum, so it goes in general discussion or art, either of which i think is acceptable. but it's not news.
    being an active member and being someone who signed on four years ago and contributed nothing till now are two different things. that'd be like being someone's neighbor for four years, but never talking to them, avoiding all contact, and wondering why they don't welcome you with open arms when you bug the hell out of them for something.
    Really, there's no use for this pity parade. I do not mean for this post to drag you further into depression, but to give you some pointers, along with a bit of good-natured ball-busting. And honestly, if you can't take either, you will not go far in your creative endeavors. To sum up -

1) make some friends, they'll be the first to check out your stuff.
    2) do not bump your non-sale threads. it's annoying.
    3) fan creations are not news unless you're famous, or it's already gotten a lot of attention. dude you know how many pieces of fic i've put up to not get a huge response? it happens.

I know that it hurts when you've put so much work into something, only to have it seem to be barely received, if at all. But jumping up and down and throwing it in people's faces does nothing to remedy that.

Good luck, and i look forward to checking your stuff out tonight!

Please take what I'm saying to you as an attempt to give you a hand, not knock you down.

Stu

17. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    First off, feel free to call me Joe. Mr. Moore is my father. No one is "hating" on you for sharing your work. I am sorry you feel that you have been met with resistence towards sharing your work. Unfortunatley, ones personal music mixes are not considered news. We treat it the same as any other personal creation, such as fan art, fan fiction, customs, etc. We provide an area where fans are free to share their work with everyone, in this case the Transformers General Discussion area.

All we ask of our members is to adhere to our rules and general practices. Noone has been disrespectful or impolite to you. All I stated was to not bump your thread for the sake of bumping. This is a practice we do not condone or allow. We have been very lenient i nthe amount of times you have bumped your thread.

If you really want to share your music, add a link into your signature and become an activemember of the community. That way, whenever you post, people will have an oppurtunity to download the tracks.

Again, if you have questions, feel free to contact me via PM. I'd be more than happy to answer any questions there. As for this thread, please allow it to run its natural course, just liek every other thread here.

Thanks.

18. Kaynyne

Kaynyne Member

I said I wasn't going to respond...but i can't just let that last post go un-commented on.

My promotional activities...yeah, they're obnoxious. But I work in advertising, and really...isn't the most effective advertising obnoxious?

Melodrama isn't my style...nor is drama. I calls things like I sees things. Either way...one guy bumping one post a few times doesn't hurt anyone. I just wanted to share. I'm sure any real transformers fan will dig on the mix.

Yeah. I was a lurker. But now that i have something cool to share, I broke my silence. I used the word "stranger"...I shouldn't have. I'm no stranger here. I read ALL the headlines every day. I download all my favorite pictures. I have Bacala's music...I even considered ending my mix with his Soundwave track. And despite everything, I'll continue to do my lurking; not everyone feels the need to get involved with the sites they frequent.

Friends? Tell the locals to play nicer! I'm just a dude, a dude with a knack for mixing songs together. It gets me all excited and warm 'n' fuzzy inside.I got all excited to share my works. Sue me.

I have no pity for myself or any of you. If you guys don't want my mix...whatever. I was a bit put off by the initial response I got, but again...whatever.

And Stu...thanks. I take no offense at your badgering, er...help.

I'm just a super-smooth DJ dog, trying to share my beats. Throw a pup a bone, TFW2005!

19. Big_Daddy

Big_Daddy The. Balls. Will. Touch.<br><b><font color=blue>Bi

News Credits:
    Pretty sweet tunes, guy! :) 

20. steve4j

steve4j Member

Official Kaynyne hater in tha House!!

Effective at what?

as an emetic ? or as an invitation to purchase?

REVIEW "Our Darkest Hour"
    Run time: 1hr 19minutes

Genre: Loosely themed "Transformers (tm)" mixtape.

Overall rating: Pass

Some 6 months after the movies release on the big screen comes Kaynyne's latest offering, "OUR DARKEST HOUR"

However, weighing in at almost two hours (longer than the movie it idolizes) the mix may be more aptly named "OUR LONGEST HOUR!"

Mistress said:
    If by "good stuff" you mean crabs, then I have to agree!, for less than 15 minutes into this marathon, I was itching to scratch the fast-forward button on WinAmp, but refrained due to a desire to be a diligent reviewer and also by no small amount of masochism.

The intro was pretentious and put one off the mix from the get-go (note to author: a 45 second rambling intro alternately extolling the DJ's virtues or accurately observing his "FULL OF SHIT-ism" is more an annoying turn off than an appropriate take off to 2 hours of musical torture (hmm... perhaps it is! :p )

the next almost 2 hours went by in a daze (which not surprisingly rhymes with DAYS, which is how long it took to listen to it!) suddenly, I was jolted to almost conciousness to a very gay 80's transformers audio clip which had the surprising effect of TRANSFORMING the mix from long, and drawn out, to somewhat gay and cheezy.

This is K9's second bomb in as many months, and many fear he may be losing his MOJO!*

(ok, it's just me, most people dont give a shit!) :D 

* Suggestions:

Make the mix smaller.. MUCH SMALLER.. 45 minutes would be just about right for a Movie Themed mega mix!

There were a few nice bits in this, but all were overshadowed by the earnumbing duration (and some annoying sound loops as well)