Transformers Theme Song Variations

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by SaberPrime, Apr 15, 2011.

1. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

So I've known for a while now that the original Transformers theme song has has many different variations being used in both Cybertron and Animated as well as other media.

But I was not aware that variations of songs written for the original movie existed. I was watching a video on YouTube and listening to a familiar song from the movie that has lyrics referencing the Matrix and Unicron but something sounded weird about it and I couldn't figure out what it was. Then something came up that hit me as being obviously wrong. "The evil Unicron" was changed to "The evil Megatron" all mention of Unicron had be removed from the song.

Here's the original version of the song with Unicron still in it.

YouTube - Transformers Movie Theme 1986

Here's the alternate version.

YouTube - Transformers Custom 3

I've listened to both of these several times now and Unicron has defiantly been swapped out for Megatron but why? Where did this variation of the song come from?

2. Xenon

Xenon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The original is from the 86 animated movie, the second is from the first live action one.

3. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    There was a hard rock/metal(core) band that also did a cover of the song. They also switched Unicron's name with Megs. I think it's because more people know of Megatron than Unicron.

4. joshferrell

joshferrell Well-Known Member

exactly,,in fact this style of music didn't even exist in 86...lol..

5. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I remember that version. I thought they were Linkin Park's even more emo cousins who did that.

6. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

The music in the live action films don't even have lyrics. :p  Though they always play music during the end credits that was never actually in the movie.

7. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Version 1 is (presumably; SME doesn't want me to listen to it) the 1986 movie's theme song by Lion.

Version 2 is a cover version by a band named Black Lab with the intention to have it featured on the 2007 movie's soundtrack. It wasn't, and is therefore not officially associated with the Transformers brand. It's just a cover song by some guys.