Transformers: The Telltale Series (A Proposal)

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by SonicGX98, Jan 15, 2018.

1. SonicGX98

SonicGX98 Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Before you go ahead and post anything, no, a Telltale Transformers game is NOT confirmed yet. This is merely what I would like to see in a possible Telltale Transformers game.

For those who are unfamiliar with the company, Telltale is a company founded in 2003 by former LucasArts Games employees who wanted to continue making adventure games like Sam & Max and Monkey Island. They started out with games like these such as Sam & Max Seasons 1-3, Tales of Monkey Island, and Strong Bad's Cool Game For Attractive People.

However, this changed in 2010 when Telltale acquired the rights from Universal to make games based off the Back to The Future and Jurassic Park series. While both games were fairly critiqued, they didn't hit the map until 2012 when the first season of The Walking Dead was released. For this game, Telltale dropped the usual complicated puzzle point & click formula and instead opted for a more "Interactive Television Show" format, where the player would make important choices across each game's (usually) five episode run that would change the game's story.

After the game won several Game of The Year awards, Telltale proceeded to make two more seasons of Walking Dead, as well as two spin-off seasons. A final season is currently planned to be released this year. Their other games include The Wolf Among Us, Based of the "Fables" comics, Tales from the Borderlands, based off the "Borderlands" games, Game of Thrones: The Telltale Series, Minecraft Story Mode Seasons 1 and 2, Batman: The Telltale Series Seasons 1 and 2 (The Enemy Within), and Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series.

So the question is...What could Telltale do with a Transformers game? In my opinion, I think the best way to proceed would either be telling a story from the IDW comics, or for Telltale to make their very own continuity.

If Telltale made their game based off the IDW comics, I believe the best way to go would to perhaps focus on the story told through both volumes of Windblade as well as TAAO. In my ideal game, the story would take place after the events of the TAAO Annual.

We'd play as Windblade shortly after she becomes ruler of Cybertron. Perhaps some group of Decepticons (Maybe Airachnid or the Combaticons) is running around murdering various Cybertronians. You'd be forced to make difficult decisions on who to align yourself with in order to further your own agenda, similarly to Telltale's Game of Thrones series. One example would be to perhaps discuss the murders with the council and maybe work with Knock Out and the other Veloctronians, or maybe find a way to break Starscream out of prison to help you.

If Telltale decided to create their own continuity with their TF game, I'd like to have it take place towards the very end of the War For Cybertron (Not the game). We'd be introduced to the main cast of Cybertronians before they land on Earth and are forced to interact with the humans. For this concept, I imagine you'd play as Optimus for the most part, but occasionally play as others like Bumblebee, Ratchet, Ironhide, etc, similarly to their Guardians of the Galaxy game. In this game, you'd essentially be shaping your own Optimus; would you have him be the stoic, lawful good leader that he is in Prime and RiD15, or would you rather try for a more violent, threatening Prime that could do some questionable actions?

Finally, as far as the ratings go, I imagine the game would be rated T or possibly M (I'm not sure if graphic mutilation of robots warrants an M rating, but who knows?). It wouldn't be a toned down game like RiD15 or Animated, the game would certainly have its share of violence very similar to I'd say content in the movies or MTMTE/LL.

Well, those are my thoughts at least. What about all of you? Would you like to see Telltale make a Transformers game and if so, do you have an idea of what the plot would be?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Issy543

Issy543 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This sounds like a good idea, and I personally would want them to make their own continuity, since I haven't read much of the IDW comics. I'd only wish that they would have multiple endings at the end of the final chapter, so that you can have a more unique story line, and have more replay value, like having collectables.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Chuggington

Chuggington Is not a train

I think that could actually work, all things considered. But I think it'd be interesting if it took place right after the Autobots crash on Earth. So you would have to try to help bots injured in the crash and expand your crew. Maybe finally explain where all those new characters from the later seasons came from. And you'd have to make decisions that would determine how humanity views the Transformers as a whole.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Nemesis Otaku

Nemesis Otaku Why did I un-ironically call myself an otaku?

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    This is probably the best concept I've heard! The Cybertron games were great, but I think we should get a more character involved game instead of a 3rd person shooter. While I heard that they're Guardians of the Galaxy wasn't well received, I think this could be another masterpiece from Telltale.

Now I really hope this happens, as there hasn't been many games recently regarding TF. I really, really want to find a way to get this idea made a official product. I feel like it could not only appeal to fans, but could also bring TF more into the spotlight in terms of popularity. Though you do have a good question as to what they would do story wise (that TAAO idea was gold!).

• Like Like x 1
  5. SonicGX98

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Thanks so much for liking my idea so much! Contrary to popular belief, their Guardians game wasn't bad, it just didn't sell well due to how poorly the game before it (The Walking Dead: A New Frontier) was. And I really like my TAAO story idea as it could basically be a murder mystery series like The Wolf Among Us or Batman the Telltale Series but with a TF format! Do you have your own ideas for a Transformers Telltale game?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nemesis Otaku

Nemesis Otaku Why did I un-ironically call myself an otaku?

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, I feel that your TAAO idea would be amazing! Uh... I'm not the best at new ideas (ironic considering that I want to design toys at Hasbro), but I have one I suppose. I'm a huge Nemesis Prime fan, but felt he never had an actual role in anything.

So, the game would revolve around the Heralds of Unicron: Nemesis, Galvatron, the new Rodimus Unicronus from POTP, maybe Nightbird or a new female baddie, and the Infernocons from TLK.

Throughout the game, we see them take over or destroy worlds, establish followers of Unicron, and show their relationships with each other, their beliefs, and goals. But there ends up being a catch, because they were created as evil clones of pre-existing characters, there's a mistake where one of the original characters' traits resides within their programming. This becomes a problem because Nemesis, Rodimus Unicronus, and Nightbird (in this universe), are clones of Autobots. (Optimus, Rodimus, and Arcee)

This leads to the three previous mentioned to be conflicted and unsure what path to choose. By this point in the game, the Heralds of Unicron are sent to kill the present leaders of the factions in order to make more powerful soldiers for Unicron. And this would lead Nemesis fighting Optimus, Galvatron to Megatron, etc. The player, as Nemesis, defeats Prime and is about to kill him, however there's only one choice available to pick, hesitate to kill. Optimus (who is controlled by the player) sees his struggle and talks to Nemesis, while trying to disarm him. He succeeds, and Nemesis shares all his thoughts to Optimus. Optimus, who is still the player, tries to convince Nemesis to take the path of peace and help stop Unicron. After Optimus makes his argument, the player switches to Nemesis, and is given the choice of which path to take.

If Nemesis refuses, he kills Prime and the player receives the despair ending. This ending shows Optimus being turned into either someone similar to his Shattered Glass incarnation, or Toxitron. After that we see the Heralds of Unicron slowly take over the universe and kill all those who oppose Unicron.

If Nemesis accepts Prime's offer, we see Nemesis struggle with his inner emotions. We also watch him try to not only have the Autobots trust him, but also help his fellow (ex) Heralds of Unicron find their path to peace. After that, similarly in the Marvel G1 comics, the Autobots try and work with the Decepticons to defeat Unicron. This leads to more alternate endings depending on the players' actions.
    Where one ending sees the Autobots fail to work with the cons, leading to multiple casualties from both factions, ending with Nemesis failing because Unicron wiped the remnants of both groups of the face of existence. The other ending shows the Autobots and Decepticons successfully work together and defeat the threat of Unicron.

That's as far as I've thought it out! I realize that some would say that it would ruin Nemesis' character if he ended up betraying Unicron, but that's why I thought of this idea, he doesn't have character! Anyway, this was probably a lot to read, so sorry about that, but I wanted to share my idea. Also, while typing it, I was wondering if this could actually be made by Telltale, and I think they could, it just be a bit different than their other games. Anyway, thanks for listening, and tell me what you think! :) 

• Like Like x 2
  7. SonicGX98

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    It is certainly a cool idea, but I think overall the story seems too bleak for a video game story. While i know some games give you the option to be villainous, having a game where you flat out play as Decepticons who are veil for the most part seems a little too dark. The idea of the story as a whole so is certainly interesting though!

• Like Like x 1