Transformers: The Score - [Thread]

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Witwicky Camaro, Oct 9, 2007.

1. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    Unlike IMAX Transformers, I can actually pay 'see' this one so to speak. So how is it? Is it everything you imagined and more? Has it got all the ques (or at least most) that everyone loved in the film?

2. fastballspecial

fastballspecial Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I wish I could tell you. I went to three stores this morning, Best Buy, Circuit City and Meijer. I got screwed. No one knew what I was talking about. I had to order it online and it probably won't come in until after the DVD comes out.

My buddy found a high quality torrent for me in the meantime though. I'll snatch that up tonight. :rock 

3. MGX

MGX Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, wasn't it supposed to come out today?!!! My local Target and Best Buy didn't have it...

4. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    Ironically, I called FYE and inquired if they had the Score and the guy was like "Sorry, no" -- talk about sucky. Well, there's always Wal-Mart.com and Amazon.com to go to, if the local stores don't have it. Sigh.

5. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    I figured it might be easier to find online. Maybe someplaces are holding untill next week so they can display it with the DVD.

6. optimus124

optimus124 PSN ID - OPTIMUS124

Ebay:
    I am looking for it as well. I went to Wal-Mart, Circuit City, and Target and no one had it. Circuit city didn't even have it as a listing in the store inventory, even though it is on thier site (Backorder status). I guess this is a fluke for the release date. It would make sense to release both the score and DVD at the same time.

7. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Checked three stores today.

Best Buy - Got in several copies, set them out before opening, sold out in less than an hour. This from a hardcore Transformers fan who works there. She didn't even get her copy, as they were gone before she got to work.

Target - They aren't even in their computers according to the cat I talked to. Not sure if that's legit or not.

FYE - Got in several copies, sold out before eleven (when I was there).

I'm tempting to cry poor planning on this one. Everybody assumes the score won't sell? And why? Because the movie didn't draw a crowd?

It's either poor planning, or the typical SCALPAR! But I hate to say that, as I don't have a whole lot of doubt in our ability as a community to grab up whatever stock stores would get in of something like this.

Anyway, this pretty much restored my faith in the local stores. I'm not bothering to hit up the locals next week for the movie. Screw 'em. Get in some stock, or suffer the consequences. I'm ordering online.

8. Tim Formas

Tim Formas Old Man Veteran

News Credits:
    If you haven't yet, try the "mega-bookstores". Found the last copy at a local Borders. Didn't check Barnes and Noble or a Books-A-Million, but I assume they might be carrying it. At the very least, check a Borders if you have one nearby. Search high and low near the soundtracks section. My copy was actually in the Latin music selection next to it.

I haven't been able to listen to much of the score yet, but what I have listened to thus far is superb.

Autobots (the opening scene music) is spectacular. When I saw the movie, I thought it was Cullen's movie Prime that was really gripping me. After listening to this track, I'm now convinced it was the instrumental piece. Beautiful.

The track following it, Decepticons, is a nice "opposites" to Autobots. Whereas Autobots gives you the sense that there's hope even in trying times, Decepticons is more like "You have no change and I'm going to beat you down, sucka".

The only other track I had a chance to listen to thus far was of course....Arrival to Earth. Cranked up the volume on high, sat in the car, and let it go. Much like the first track, Autobots, it really gives the sense of there being a light in dark times. I have a feeling that's what I'm going to be hearing from much of the "Autobot-side" of the score.

9. optimus124

Ebay:
    I think best buy is the only retailer that actually got it in. I called one of the ones in the area and got them to hold their final copy

10. benzo

benzo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I went to Best Buy, Future Shop, HMV and two Walmart's and they all didn't have it.. was going to order it on Amazon but said it won't ship until the 22nd.

11. optimus124

Ebay:
    Barnes and Noble says they have them in stock

12. Talathia

Talathia TFW's Cool Little Heathen

When I went to Wal-Mart today to pick up "Reign Over Me", I asked if they had the score in (just to see). The lady there tried to convince me that the sound track was it e_e... uhhu..

Glad I pre-ordered mine off Amazon. Should be here soon..

Edit:
    It may not hurt to check "Records and Tape Traders". For those who have them.

13. ViperDragon

ViperDragon Well-Known Member

I haven't checked any stores yet today but usually the weekly circulars have new releases for CDs in the pages and all the ones I checked (Best Buy, Target, etc) didn't show it.

14. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Amazon.co.uk updated to say they're not likely to have it now until the end of the week. Looks like it will be a while before I get to listen to it, with the postal strikes here it is going to be heavily delayed.

15. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Looks like most online places are out of stock and scheduled to get restocks on the 22nd now. Which sucks some major ass.

However, it does appear there are a few showing up on ebay for either ridiculous prices, or ridiculous shipping on top of what at first seems a reasonable price. Bonus.

So I'm waiting until after the DVD comes out to get the score now. Excellent.

I'm guessing at this rate I should be able to get a copy of the DVD by about Christmas or so. Of 2009.

16. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Naturally, I love the Autobot and Decepticon themes, and Arrival to Earth (of course), one standout piece of music for me was the triumphantly heroic theme that accompanied Optimus Prime's arrival into Mission City. It's found at the very end of track 17 "You're A Soldier Now".

I swear I want that piece of music to become some sort of standard for 'Prime charging into battle', at the very least so we can ditch 'The Touch'. Ugh.

17. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Fudge it I just bought it off iTunes instead.

18. optimus124

Ebay:
    Is any of the TV spot music in this thing mainly the piece from this TV spot

http://www.iklipz.com/MovieDetail.aspx?MovieID=c0ca2ca6-3888-43a7-a4b0-0cb8c3188dbc

19. MGX

MGX Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    LOL, watch I'm going to have to go to expensive-ass Barnes and Noble to buy this thing...

So far Cherry Hill NJ has bust...haven't tried Wack-Ass Wal-Mart yet...Best Buy at route 70 didn't have it and Target in Cherry Hill didn't get it in either...

20. timshinn73

timshinn73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Virginia Best Buys have squat. Virginia Beach had 1 and Newport News had 1 as of 10:30 this morning. All other VA Best Buys have none.