Transformers the Movie Soundtrack??

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Ruination04, Jan 1, 2007.

1. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Was the '86 soundtrack released on vinyl record? I have never seen it and can't find a copy on eBay....just wonderin'............

2. Edge

Edge weapon of destruction

I know it was released on a cd and cassette thats about it far as i know

3. Wolfwood390

Wolfwood390 Resident TRU Emplyee

I got a cd of it, and when I was watching the 20th aniversery dvd they had an ad for the CD and the hit single was on a record.

4. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    it was released on vinyl. Someone showed me a copy of it back in high school

5. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

On this board, Hook owns the record

6. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

Yes, it was released on vinyl. I own a copy that I got way back when it was released. It's sitting in a storage bin in my basement.

7. Shipley

Shipley No Topic Required

News Credits:
    the vinyl release was a prized possession in the college radio station of a friend of mine...

8. NeilJam

NeilJam Resident Audiophile

Yes, it was released on vinyl, I have a copy of it. I have the soundtrack in all three formats (cassette, CD, and LP), and this record is probably the rarest Transformers related item I own.

9. KidDynamite

Is it really that rare though? It pops up on ebay sometimes, but I've never seen it go for much. I'm not particularly attached to mine in spite of how long it's been in my possession (possibly because my dad was obsessed with keeping records in pristine condition and made us only ever listen to dubbed copies of everything on cassette...so oddly I'm more nostalgic about a TDK tape of it than I am of the actual record itself) and would have gladly sold it if it went for a lot of money, but I don't recall seeing it ever sell for much.

10. NeilJam

I just don't think there is that much demand for it, and that's why it doesn't go for much on ebay. Maybe I'm just thinking of how long my search seemed to take a few years back before ebay was so big. I've been collecting vinyl for years and tried many websites before finally finding a copy.

11. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Er, I assume the hit single was "The Touch"?

12. Veritechnium

Veritechnium Well-Known Member

The only song I can say I actually like even on its own is White Lion's superb 'Transformers' rendition. I think that version should have opened the next series. The Touch worked great within the context of the film, especially Prime's last stand, but when I listen to it on its own I get embarassed lol .

13. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I haven't been able to find it yet on eBay. Drivin' me crazy. Anything special about it Gatefold cover? Any pics not on the cd or cassette release?

14. KidDynamite

Here, I dragged it out and took some pics. No gatefold. The inner sleeve is just plain white paper...nothing printed on it. I do not know if the art is any different than the CD since I don't own that. I always assumed they wouldn't put that much effort into it, but who knows. Judge for yourself:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

I'd only want the vinyl for the art on the cover... since I own no record player... :( 

16. NeilJam

The CD has the same artwork, but the pictures on the back of the record sleeve are on the inside of the front cover sleeve for the CD, and the back of the CD case just has the Transformers The Movie logo, tracklisting, and other credits

I also see that your LP is different from mine. Yours has the Scotti Bros. label, mine is Epic. The labels on the record and the logo on the top left corner of the back cover are different, but otherwise they appear to be the same.