Transformers: The Movie Remake

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Darthbane2007, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Well-Known Member

You know, I see mostly threads about things pertaining to the live action movies, and what people like/do not like and what they would change.

But let's say the powers to be decided to remake the G1 Animated Movie. Would you be okay with it?

What would you want changed?
    Not Changed?

2. Losty

Losty Well-Known Member

ahh dont kill Prime?

3. TILALLR1

TILALLR1 'Til All Are One

Actually I think its perfect, for when and what it was. I would not like to see anything changed.

Although I would like a second movie continuing were the series left off.

4. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Well-Known Member

That could be considered..

5. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Oh god no. Even as a G1 fan I don't think the '86 movie was very good. If you wanted to do a live action of anything G1, why not More Than Meets The Eye? Logical starting point I would have thought, rather than a film that kills most of it's cast after 20 minutes so it can proceed with a bunch of new characters.

6. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd tell them "No thanks, once was bad enough".

7. Jochimus

Jochimus Well-Known Member

EDIT: double post.

8. Jochimus

Jochimus Well-Known Member

What would I change?

* I'd cut Hot Rod a little more slack; the only things I would really change in the Optimus/Megatron showdown is to have him put up more an actual fight once Megatron's using him as a shield, and - probably more blasphemously - have Hot Rod, rather than Optimus, deliver the "NEVER!!!" uppercut, firing his arm-lasers in the process to maximize the damage to Megatron. Radical a change as this would be, it at least would have avoided sucker-punching the kiddies by makin'em think "Hey, Optimus is back onnis feet, he gonna be O.K.!", and also served to create a more personal dimension to the climactic Hot Rod/Galvatron battle, setting up a more assertive Autobot commander who still has an emotional tangle in Rodimus Prime, and giving Galvatron a personal vendetta to be focused on rather than have him degenerate into a cackling crazy.
    * Rather than COMPLETELY traumatize the kiddies with Prime's death, I figure I'd better pull an Obi-Wan a couple times throughout the flick after Hot Rod comes into his not-so-subtle contact with the Matrix, and have Optimus appear to him in visions, guiding him cryptically through the film as the threat of Unicron looms. Granted, it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense beyond ripping off "Star Wars", but hey, Season 3 ended up giving us a full-on Transformer GHOST with Starscream...
    * I'd have at least a FEW more survivors from the pre-movie cast, though I would probably give them some upgraded bodies, probably in the sleeker 'Cybertronian' aesthetic of the main cast of the film. That way Hasbro could have some classic characters in the lineup and still shill out new toys of'em. Plus I remember really wanting toys of Cybertronian Bumblebee, Wheeljack and Jazz from MTMTE Part I, so this would have been a perfect opportunity (especially since Jazz and Bumblebee were already back on Cybertron anyway).
    * The Dinobots would have been restored to their original grumpy personalities from the early episodes - if a Junkion were to kiss Grimlock, I'd probably have to have Kup and Springer holding him back from trying to rip the guy apart, which actually might have been funny as opposed to just deciding to portray the Dinobots as mentally retarted from there on out. Oh, yeah, and how 'bout some ROBOT mode time for the Dinobots instead of the easy way of just keepin'em in their dino modes the second they airdrop into Autobot City? Y'know, to remind us that they are, in fact, Transformers???
    * Ultra Magnus would have been torn to pieces but he probably would not have died when the 'bots are on Junkion. In fact, I probably would have actually portrayed Magnus up to that point as a white Autobot of a near-identical body template to Optimus Prime, so that when the Junkions have to repair him later, THAT's when they he gets his outer "trailer-armor". This would have at least clarified why the Junkions don't just restore Optimus Prime and the other dead Autobots at some point AND served to clarify why Magnus was always depicted in his trailer-robot mode.
    * Wheelie's backstory from the "Wild Boy Of Quintesson" storybook would be covered in the film somehow, the shipwreck that strands him there probably having been caused by Unicron earlier in the film. I have to admit, that book made Wheelie a heckuva lot more tolerable than the movie or Season 3 ever did (it even made his rhyme-speak seem less goofy), and it would have served to introduce the Quintessons in the film earlier, rather than just give them one sequence and that's it.
    * More chickbots. With Ratchet's death, I probably would have brought in a Minerva-type medic. Maybe Chromia, too, as a result of Ironhide's demise.

9. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    this! I like it.

10. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I liked the G1 movie the way it is. I can understand everybody was upset when they killed off Optimus Prime -- personally, I never felt upset when I saw that scene, I just accepted it despite the fact that I love Optimus -- but still... I see no reason to change it.

11. Vexza

Vexza Nerdicon

I haven't seen it, nor most of G1, but I know enough to say this;

Don't kill everyone.

12. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I like it the way it is, I don't think they should remake it live-action style or in the same style as the original.

13. Shelfwarmercon

Shelfwarmercon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Remaking the animated movie would probably get as many fans accusing the filmmakers of blasphemy and raping their childhoods as the current movie team are getting.

14. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wouldn't change it, I LOVE it.

15. eisen

eisen "CUT ME SOME SLACKS!"

QFT. like it just the way it is.

16. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Optimus should end Megatron... and Galvatron should end Optimus.

17. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    If they want to work on any type of animated movie project for tfs G1 prequal please.

18. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

Galvatron would have been leader of the Decepticon forces on Earth and would have taken over after Megatron died. Hot Rod would have remained the same, Ultra Magnus would have gotten the Matrix and been leader of the Autobots and Rodimus Prime would have been a separate character.

19. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    There are things I would change. Most of them would be editing and dialogue. Some of it seems a little off. But I think if they remade it they would ruin it. The animation was perfect and has gone downhill from there with every series. The closest thing that looked as good was the opening credits to G1 season 4.

You cannot change Optimus dying.

20. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

I would clean up the animation errors, tweak a few things to better match the script (like Wheelie's sharkticon necklace), and maybe do some digital in-betweening to the existing frames, to bring the animation up to 60 FPS. That's pretty much it.