Transformers: The Movie headed back to DVD this November!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Cy-Kill, May 30, 2006.

1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Want to bet they will include a trailer to the new movie in the dVD :) 

2. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    An HD version would be interesting, but I'm slightly more concerned with two things right now.

1. 5.1 or 6.1? both or neither? (this will reflect if I purchase or not)

2. Sony BMG... Will this be another music fiasco only in dvd format? Should I fear putting this in my PC?

Otherwise, unless there's a true widescreen, and not makeshift, I'm honestly happy with the rhino collectors edition.

Also slight note:
    Will it have the Text scroll opening or intro theme opening? Will the extra's include the old live action boy and optimus commercial breaks or not?
    If they are going to release it with special features I hope they actually are special features and not just random trailers we've seen 100s of times of the pre footage. etc. And also Bloopers if still available would rock.

*Edit* will spikes curse word get cut or not? Will this be a true unedited version, or small hacks to make it viewable for all? Hate to rain on peoples parades, but I've grown accustomed to question anything called the version you must have. They always seem to make you think it's everything you want. When really it's lacking. And Sony BMG I'm not fond of as is, let alone Sony in general currently. Until I know what all this version will include, I think I might stick with the rhino version.

3. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

OH NOES YOU DIDN'T! Now we all must await the onslaught of "THERE'S NO TRUE WIDESCREEN VERSION" posts in fear and suffer their rage in silence.

OK, now that I have my humor knee-jerk taken care of, this is pretty cool. But September and November are going to be HELL on my wallet. So far I see classics, which I really, REALLY want, MP-03 which I HAVE to get, and MP-04 which would be an OK addition to my little army, and let's not forget that fancy-schmancy Matrix thingy. Toss a DVD on that and that could be the straw the breaks the wallet's binding. . .

4. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    The movie was in theaters. It's been stated no widescreen version survived the passage of time. But never been stated one does not exist. I'm kinda worried they may force on out with makeshift black bars though. And that would just be stupid.

5. Silver Bullit

Silver Bullit Banned

Dang... G1 strikes yet again.

SB

6. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Metrodome did a ton of research on this when they were doing their definitive version. They stated the film was animated as a full frame image and then cropped for theatrical release. So there was a "widescreen" version, just not in the sense the fandom seems to think. People seem to demand that the widescreen versions contain more info than the full frame versions, which, in this case, it wouldn't.

7. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

doesn't matter to me if the image is cropped as long as I don't have the black boxes on the side of my HD TV

8. Steeljaw

Steeljaw Play more games

News Credits:
    Cool! I was happy with the rhino release, except for the lack of special features. I already own 3 copies of the movie. Whats one more? :rock 
    I vote for VOICE ACTOR INTERVIEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Joe is right.

The pop culture is used to widescreen as a wide camera angle that, in full screen, is cut down so only the important parts are focused on.

But back in 1985 when this was being created, it was full-image capturing. The widescreen, in essence, is taking the picture and actually stretching it out -- there is no "extra 3 inches of footage on each side of the screen" that so many people really believe there is.

And for fun let's say there is, what do you think you're going to see, Sparkplug having a beer with Dr. Archeville while Mirage, the Aerialbots, and all the other missing Transformers are playing hop-skotch?

10. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    Yay!!!! I already have a DVD but it this new version has new footage then definitely I'm gonna buy it. :thumb 

11. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

:(  I want widescreen. Full frame sucks on TVs that are widescreen. I suppose I can just hit the zoom feature on the TV, but it just does not feel the same as a nice widescreen movie.

12. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I don't want widescreen, I want Prime to not look stretched out and fat as he turns gray and dies. It would distract me from how bad it sucked for that to happen.

13. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Retired Admln Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Pinterest:
    Yeah Sony owns what once was Sunbow

14. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Awesome, I hope it has the option to turn off all the aweful butt-rock on the soundtrack. That cheese-metal nearly renders the movies unwatchable.

15. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    maybe they'll finally do my idea. have mainframe completly re-animate the movie scene for scene and overlay the original audio.....hey I can dream!

16. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    ah, thanks Joe ~ i must have misremembered, i thought when that Paramount press release came out it covered the g1 stuff too.:thumb 

17. mazinger_c

mazinger_c Headphone Master

Guess I'm not the only one who wished for a well done CGI version of the original; not to replace it, just to have a new way to experience it.

18. Greenspan

Greenspan Monetary Maestro

News Credits:

ROTFLOL :lol  :lol  :lol 

19. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

These are good news

20. Cy-Kill

Cy-Kill Slackers unite...tomorrow

Personally, I've been holding out for quite some time on purchasing the Transformers movie, because I figured the moment I went out and spent $30, an even better edition would be announced (I was THIS close to buying it the other day :lol  ). So I'm very pleased by this announcement.

I'm a little concerned over how indepth the special features will be, as I'm hoping it won't just be people and fans reflecting on how much the movie shook things up in the '80's for Transformers. I want indepth, unknown information that really expands on the movie, and gives greater insight into the thought process that went into the film.

On another note, yay, I made front-page. :D  Everything is comin' up Cy-Kill!