Heavy/Scratch: Transformers the Movie 2007 Blitzwing custom (WIP)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by NGW, Sep 4, 2007.

1. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I posted a topic a while back, basically I was considering kitbashing deluxe class Brawl and voyager class Starscream into a movie version of Blitzwing.

So I've finally decided that I am going to go ahead and do it.

What with Leader Brawl and all..I really don't have much care for the deluxe version anymore (though I have yet to pick up Leader Brawl..I will). So using him is simple enough, and he will be the main body for all three (yes, going all out and doing a triple changer) of his modes.

Starscream on the other hand is still my second favorite movie figure that I own..and it is the only one I have (I want to get a second, espescially since the one I have now is going to be..pretty much dismantled for this custom).

Now, I am going to attempt to fix up the problems that Brawl tends to have (i.e. stupid shoulders), since I don't want this to suffer from the same issues.

I'm not entirely certain how I am going to get all 3 modes to work or what colorscheme I plan to go with..but this is still very very early on in development so I'm certain I'll figure things out.

Have some early pics (no REAL work done, but it'll do for now), will be in my next post.

2. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Early pics

First few will be him in tankmode, major changes are his grenade launchers have been replaced with Starscream's tailfins, and his mine claws have been swapped with the grenade launchers.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These next two pics are a very early idea for his jetmode. I still have plenty of work to do on it obviously, but I do plan on using Screamer's wings on here..just not 100% sure on how and where. I may not use this exactly for the jet mode, as I have some other ideas on what could be done (I like the idea of having his wings fold onto the feet in bot mode or something so..)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The rest of these pics are him in his robot mode. I actually reaqlly like the way the tailfins look on his back when folded down, kinda look like little wings and such..though it was a nice touch (IMO).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So that's just what I really have so far. I know I have a ton of work still to do, but I think it'll be fun and a nice way to kill some time.

This is my first real major kitbash and stuff, and any comments, critique, help and what not is greatly appreciated.

3. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    This is gonna be cool...

4. LiquiD

LiquiD Well-Known Member

hmmm, if this turns out as awesome as i think it might i may just have to steal the idea! muhahahahaha!

5. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    I reckon you should flip over the tank for the Plane (ie have the turret on the bottom)

Otherwise awesome Id like to see it finished.

6. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    this is intersting. Should be a good bash to follow.

7. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You scratchbuild a gun that can slide over the turret, becoming a fuselage for the plane mode.