Transformers the Movie (1986) is 25 Years Old Now!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Autovolt 127, Aug 8, 2011.

1. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    So the Dinobots in 2, which was my point. And I count Skyfire's introduction until he's properly inducted into the Autobots on his second appearance.

However the point stands: some characters got proper introductions in the cartoon (sometimes in 1 episode, some times in more) and some character didn't. The same applies to characters introduced on the movie.

Oh ... didn't know that Wheeljack and Windcharger were part of the "Brawn is not dead" campaing. Cool!

:lol 

Hmm. Never thought about it that way.

Thanks for the info Wombat. I know it's not official canon or anything, but I tend to think of the storyboard deaths as canon unless the characters are shown alive in season 3 or 4. How many examples have we of those? I.E, characters that were intended to die in the storyboards, but that made an appearance in season 3 or 4?

-airfox

2. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

They split the team.Its not exactly a 2 episode introduction.

He became an autobot at the end of his first episode
    I know it looks like I'm making both arguments, but the truth is that there isint enough evidence from within the story to say what really happened.

I look at the story boards as fun, but cant be used to define whats canon.

One of my reasons is Wheeljack.

3. airfox

News Credits:
    No. He betrayed the Decepticons in his first episode and declared himself an Autobot, but he wasn't really part of the team until his second appearance.

-airfox

4. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

He declared himself an autobot and put their badge on his chest.

Which he could have only gotten from one of the autobots when Ratchet repaired him moments before.

He became part of the team the moment he started fighting the Decepticons in the autobots name.

5. Funky Munky

Funky Munky G.I. Formers & Trans-Joe

News Credits:
    So rerelease it with all the missed footage.

6. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Most of the "footage" in question was never animated.

7. Funky Munky

Funky Munky G.I. Formers & Trans-Joe

News Credits:
    If it was voiced, it's possible to animate it today... strike up a contract with Toei... maybe even get the same animators.

8. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Its my understanding it wasnt voiced either.

But even if, I doubt they would bother, its not cost effective.

9. airfox

News Credits:
    I'm tired arguing semantics.

-airfox

10. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

kool

11. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And all of what you posted is assumption as well. For someone that seems obsessed about a warrior race and their afterlife, you really don'y know much about war.

I think it stands to reason that the occupants of the ship are all dead. How so? Simple when you think about it.

The original plan is for Megs and co to fly the ship in to Autobot city. Land it and come spilling out shooting and killing form the inside. Kinda like a Trojan Horse

When found out by Hot Rod, the Decepticons spill out and start attacking. Now, the ship. That great big ship. All filled with rocket fuel or whatever powers it. And kinda rounded at the front, like a giant big missile.
    The Decepticons are hardly going to say "Hey, lets leave this on auto-pilot so it can come to a nice neat landing and everyone inside can debated about if they survived or not for the next 25 years" no, they are probably going to say "Hey, lets set this great big ship on a collision course with Autobot city and use it like a giant missile, hopefully decimating wherever we point it at and blow a hole open in there defences"

So, there is a higher chance that the Autobot in the ship were flattened like pancakes and then cooked when the fuel tanks erupted upon impact after the ship was set on a deliberate collision course.

And before you say "They survived a collision with a mountain 4 million years ago" it's entirely possible that the trajectory of that crash was in a way that the occupants survived and not in a deliberate head on crash.

Course, there's also the fact you're trying to apply logic to a over 25 year old cartoon. You sound more like a Vulcan than a Klingon.

12. Wingnut

Wingnut Stayin' Alive!

Ebay:
    I was 16 and after seeing Unicron for the first time on screen immediately thought. "If that thing transforms we're screwed."

13. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

I dont deny that.

I also dont claim any one senerio is a fact.

I dont mean to sound rude but please dont presume to know anything about me or the knowledge I have gained trew out my life.
    No one said its not reasonable to assume that the characters in question [Wheeljack,Brawn,Windcharger] died given the actual evidence we got from within the film/series..

But for that matter its just as reasonable to assume they lived given the actual evidence we got from within the film/series.
    thats if they had the chance to set a collision course before they abandoned ship.

yet an other assumption

thats your opinion.

But theres no evidence that its more likely.

:thumbs2: 

14. Dark Autobot

Dark Autobot Child of G1

Shout Factory....you guys...as Flint said should put out a 25th Anniversary edition of the movie. Get it together w/ Sony....but....if not...hey....its still a classic movie....and as a 8 yr old I was in shock when my 2nd father figure died...we got him back....being Hot Rod sucked as a Prime....