Transformers The Movie 1986 27 x41 Movie Posters

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Born 2B Alive!, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Born 2B Alive!

Born 2B Alive! Director Of Entertainment

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am currently having a mint condition original TFTM 1986 27 x 41 Poster framed right now and it got me to thinking... This poster says rated PG. I have a picture of my last TFTM 1986 original Poster that says PG-13 on it. I will post it later. I have also seen one in Savannah,GA. that said rated R on the poster. Have any of you other collectors out there noticed this?

2. entITy

entITy G 1

These are 2 actual rare shirts promoting the 1986 movie from then, they read pg-13. I will post these and others on ebay, it was in a bin of toys, vhs, etc I bought from a guy who goes to botcons over years :

[​IMG]

3. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I didn't even know we had PG-13 yet in 1986.

Okay, just checked... PG-13 was first instated in August, 1984. Good to know. I guess.

4. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I've printed t-shirts like that for myself. Is there anything on them that actually says they're official promo products? I could go down my local print shop and get some like those made for around £15.

5. entITy

entITy G 1

The shirts say hasbro tm in collar tag and look very old. Remember they are hasbro approved shirts, not blank nike shirts you take to your print shop you speak of to add graphics.

The PG-13 rating and the fact I remember seeing a red one at K B toys around that time (80s) makes me believe they are legit.

The guy at botcon was told they were the originals. Those are experts, not fooled by k.o. cheap shirts.

Other than that idk much about them or care, like I said I will post on ebay.

I only posted it, so guy knows in fine print, the movies were given a PG-13 rating on shirts too like his original poster says.

He said he has a official poster that says PG-13, one has PG and one with R, those last 2 must be rare typos.