Skulls Adorning Merlin's Tomb in TF:TLK & Their Symbolism

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Hazekiah, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Hazekiah

Hazekiah Banned

News Credits:
    YODA = THE LAST KNIGHT, lol...CONFIRMED!!!

Haha.

Visited a pal for Halloween and they know I'm a HUGE Transformers fan so I got to hold a prop from Transformers: The Last Knight! They're a friend of a friend of a friend, etc. of someone who helped make it and it looks fucking great, even unfinished.

They didn't even know about my TF/Knighthood thread but it was SO cool to see some of that stuff essentially confirmed AND to finally hold it in my hands. The skull is one of two types which adorn the sarcophagus of Merlin, which itself has a BEAUTIFUL sculpture of Merlin laid to rest and holding his staff atop its lid. But the outer edges of the sarcophagus are all lined with decorative skulls.

Here's a pic I took of Yoda with one of the skulls:

[​IMG]

And here's the other type in the lovely hands of Laura Haddock:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Jazz210

Jazz210 Est.2011

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What is the actual meaning of these skulls?...

3. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    i fucking knew it

• Like Like x 1
  4. Shark

Shark Carcharodon carcharias

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    You had me fooled for a split second with that title. :lol  I was like "...WHAT."

Those are awesome skulls!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

Seriously awesome skull props! And this is an example of a thread title I can get behind!

• Like Like x 1
  6. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    For a moment I thought it meant Frank Oz was confirmed for a voice role. :( 

But those are cool props still. And it's an interesting plot element.

7. Hazekiah

Hazekiah Banned

News Credits:
    Annnyway, as you'll see later, there are a whole bunch of those skulls decorating the sarcophagus of Merlin. So it's possible they're meant to represent the Knights of the Round Table, I suppose.

But you may also note that the skull in the second picture bears a resemblance to the King of Hearts from the standard playing card deck, also known as the Suicide King.

Likewise, as I've mentioned before, there have already been several elements seen onset and funneled to the fans through official channels which seem to allude to alchemy and the Rosicrucians, so it's not outside of the realm of possibility that the skull-and-sword is actually an allusion to the Killing of the King Rite in Freemasonry.

We'll see!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2016
  8. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Worthless thread

• Like Like x 2
  9. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan DEFIANTLILHORDE

News Credits:
    Why is it unpainted? It is an example piece?!

I guess once we see the movie we'll find out what the hell its got to do with Transformers.

The mods seem to be coming down a bit heavy on it! :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hazekiah

Hazekiah Banned

News Credits:
    Well, I guess I missed the window. But for anyone STILL bemoaning the "uselessness" of this thread, I'd like to remind you...

I am UNEQUIVOCALLY CONFIRMING the Merlin plot-thread, as well as his (likely Cybertronian) staff.

I am STRAIGHT UP SHOWING YOU a prop from the film which was heretofore unseen.

I am EVEN LINKING YOU TO AND EXPLAINING the potential symbolic implications of the skulls within the context of this film and narrative.

But okay, MY post was "useless" somehow?

Plz, carry on with endless, redundant threads and polls about which voice actor might still be a voice actor and which director might actually direct a movie and the freight-shipping schedules for cars across the globe, etc., lol. Infinitely enlightening! And yet you don't see ME interfering with or insulting THOSE threads.

In the meantime, I'll just be over here holding down MY end of the worthwhile-discussion-spectrum, if my fellow board members might allow me that privilege.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Livingdeaddan

News Credits:
    Is it actually from in the film? Why isn't it painted? Looks like a plaster copy of the one the women is holding.

You can forgive people for not accepting your word as legitimate movie insider
    information. And it's already come up a lot already in actual official viral marketing. So nothing new.

Some things you say are interesting, but to be fair, unless the person youre speaking to is entirely in line with you, you do tend to just try to shut people down as opposed to actually having worthwhile discussions. The privilege allowance should run both ways.

What, even ever?

• Like Like x 2
  12. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Skullgrin confirmed. :p 

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hazekiah

Hazekiah Banned

News Credits:
    Well, not generally anyway.

And certainly not when a thread is actually, demonstrably NOT worthless.

Anyway, the skull I was able to hold myself is unpainted because it's an unused duplicate of the actual, finished prop you'll see in the film. The final casting of it will of course be more polished and look more like the one in the picture below it. Which is GORGEOUS, btw. Really hoping to own one of those myself someday, finished or otherwise. Actually, I'd like to take a stab and finishing one on my own, too.

They are however two distinctly different sculpts, rather than mere copies of one another, and BOTH adorn Merlin's sarcophagus many times around its edge in the finished product.

Also, as I've said elsewhere, I have ZERO problem with disagreement. But, sadly, rather than actual discussion I'm quite often met here with nothing more than insults or simple, dismissive NOPEs, even in the face of rather extensive evidence. It's times like those that I generally try to remind myself that I'm probably debating with a child since this IS a Transformers message board, lol.

But, back on topic here...where's this alleged viral marketing which confirms the fact that Merlin is featured in TF:TLK?

I'm been pretty on top of that stuff and haven't heard a peep about it yet.

o_O

• Like Like x 1
  14. Livingdeaddan

News Credits:
    That's subjective, but sure ok, certainly i appreciate the level tone in your response here as I was bear poking you a little there! Sumimasen!

I see.

I was quite literally arguing with a child here the other day, and had to just cut it off before i said something out of line. :lol 

[shuffles feet] maybe viral marketing is not the most accurate description. But certainly lots of rumors and whispers about Merlin/Arthur etc, including official pictures of Hopkins doing magicky looking stuff with a staff next to stonehenge, as well as casting rumors for Merlin and/or Arthur. In any case, along with the medieval battles we saw, it's out there!