Transformers: The Last Knight: Limited Edition (2-Cd Set) At La La Land Records

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by pie125, Jul 12, 2017.

1. pie125

pie125 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    film music | movie music| film score | TRANSFORMERS: THE LAST KNIGHT - Steve Jablonsky - Limited Edition
    transformers5-Web.jpg
    $24.98

LIMITED EDITION OF 3000 UNITS

DEPICTED COVER ART NOT FINAL

STARTS SHIPPING JULY 25

La-La Land Records and Paramount Pictures present the limited edition 2-CD SET of acclaimed composer Steve Jablonsky’s (TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION, ENDER’S GAME) original motion picture score to the big-screen blockbuster TRANSFORMERS: THE LAST KNIGHT, starring Mark Wahlberg, Josh Duhamel and Anthony Hopkins, and directed by Michael Bay.

Jablonsky and TRANSFORMERS: THE LAST KNIGHT director Michael Bay continue an exciting, longstanding collaboration that has forged numerous cinematic blockbusters, including the previous four TRANSFORMERS films.

“I met with Michael before he started shooting Transformers: The Last Knight,” recalled Jablonsky. “He showed me some amazing concept art and explained how the story connects the history of Transformers all the way back to the times of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table. I loved the idea because it gave me the opportunity to explore new musical ideas… The storyline allowed me to write melodies that are a bit more “classical” than I’ve written for the other Transformers films, which was a lot of fun for me.”

Produced by the composer and mastered by Patricia Sullivan at Bernie Grundman Mastering, this special limited edition CD release of 3000 units will thrill film music fans with an exhilarating musical experience!

THIS IS A COMPACT DISC RELEASE

TRACK LISTING:

DISC 1
    1. Sacrifice (6:47)
    2. The Coming Of Cybertron (4:59)
    3. Merlin’s Staff (5:49)
    4. No-Go Zone (3:29)
    5. Stay And Fight (6:26)
    6. Code Red (2:13)
    7. Izzy (4:00)
    8. Purity Of Heart (3:34)
    9. Megatron Negotiation (3:38)
    10. Today We Hunt (1:47)
    11. Running Out Of Tomorrows (1:21)
    12. Drone Chase (5:08)
    13. You Have Been Chosen (2:18)
    14. Seglass Ni Tonday (6:27)
    15. Quintessa (6:37)
    TOTAL DISC TIME: 64:23

DISC 2
    1. Vivian (3:53)
    2. Abduction (3:05)
    3. History Of Transformers (4:24)
    4. Cogman Sings (2:10)
    5. Vivian Follow Merlin (6:41)
    6. The Greatest Mission Of All (2:19)
    7. Dive (3:16)
    8. Two Moons (2:03)
    9. Merlin’s Tomb (3:18)
    10. Claim The Staff (3:37)
    11. Prime Versus Bee (2:46)
    12. Your Voice (4:34)
    13. I Had My Moment (2:29)
    14. Ospreys (1:49)
    15. Battlefield (3:44)
    16. Did You Forget Who I Am (1:57)
    17. We Have To Go (5:49)
    18. Calling All Autobots (2:55)
    19. Sir Edmund Burton (4:10)
    TOTAL DISC TIME: 64:49
    TOTAL ALBUM TIME: 129:12

• Like Like x 4
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. signals3

signals3 Frightfully Important

News Credits:
    2 discs full of generic soundtrack.

3. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan ...angel to others.

News Credits:
    run!

4. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's evil!"

News Credits:
    Make this a 5-disc colored vinyl set and I MIGHT bite.

5. Niv3k

Niv3k 'Fe Li Na'

News Credits:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Cool!

6. Tenion the Offender

Tenion the Offender straightdome

Oh, I was hoping for the entire movie when I saw this news article first :-/
    Some people are unable to go to the cinema :-/

7. j.a.f.o.

j.a.f.o. Just Looking, Not Buying

[​IMG]

8. dragon

dragon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good for people who still buy cds but ever since bluray 4K was announced and Japan says there making 8k bluray I stopped buying DVDs unless it was steel book only I have this sound I bought from iTunes few months back not sure if other have fans have done same but there are good songs on here but they are same as iTunes version I see nothing new that would make me want this soundtrack again in cd format all movies and music are digital now save on space for storage

9. Worf

Worf Member

Some of us want higher quality. iTunes is lossy compressed 256k audio. CD is uncompressed lossless audio. Will most people know the difference? Probably not, but when I play my music on my home system, I want to make sure if I do, I get the highest quality version available. Also, if I rip the CD to MP3 or AAC, I can always convert it to some other format later on without losing quality. You can't do that if you start from a lossy source.

As for Blu-Rays, well, streaming service quality is crap - 5Mbps hardly compares to Blu-Ray's 25Mbps. And let's not talk about audio, with Netflix doing surround at 256kbps versus Blu-Ray's lossless encoding. (And you CAN hear the difference - Netflix audio sounds like crap). Even if you buy it, you rarely get a huge file for 1080p HD so there have been compromises. And never mind 4K... that's another huge ball of issues (few providers support HDR and you want high quality because otherwise what's the point of going 4K?).

Granted, you can find stores that will sell you a digital copy of the full Blu-Ray - notably ones that cater to upmarket home theatre enthusiasts (Kalidescape does in their store). But you also need a fast internet connection to deal with the 50GB of video being downloaded. Or 100GB, for 4K. And there are also music stores selling lossless audio tracks as well, though Apple closed one of the ones I used to use.

10. LightningBlade3

LightningBlade3 Destined to be a Prime

News Credits:
    I'm one of the few people who still buy CDs, but this soundtrack doesn't feel worth buying on CD for me. I gave it a couple of listens and liked it enough to buy it on iTunes, but I don't think I'll go the extra mile and buy the CD.