Transformers: The Last Energon Crystal Teaser [FanMade]

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Discussion' started by DaveVegas, Nov 22, 2011.

1. DaveVegas

DaveVegas Member

Hey all!

My name is Robert Kouba and I'm a swiss filmmaker.

I'm currently working on a fanmade "Transformers"-Shortfilm called "Transformers: The Last Energon Crystal" produced for Youtube & for fun.

After months of post-production we're proud to release the first teaser today!

Check it out here: Transformers: The Last Energon Crystal Teaser [HD] Director's Cut - YouTube

Let me know what you think!

Rob

2. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    awesome! when will it be finished?

3. User_93049

User_93049 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    mother of god...

4. DaveVegas

DaveVegas Member

5. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Nice, I've been following your progress, congrats!:dj 

6. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    To be honest I wasn't much wowed by the thing in general. Kinda slow to get going and having to read a trailer wouldn't keep my attention. Maybe a voiceover at the beginning might've been a better choice instead and give it that big epic feel. I think the only thing that would've attracted people to see the film would've been the robot, and even that was framed kinda clumsily and sorta lost the impact of seeing it standing there.
    It's probably a somewhat unquantifiable element but it all kinda lacked energy, and I don't mean action energy. You can get low-key trailers that still have energy to them that give people the urge to see a particular movie.

Not that I'm trying to be an ass about it all. Props indeed the effort. But as a bona fide trailer to build excitement for anyone outside of the fandom it's a bit forgettable compared to the quick cuts and cool shots most all official BayFormers trailers manage. Assuming something designed to excite a general audience was what you were going for with the trailer. If it's just for introducing the project to TF fans then you'd probably get the same responses from just showing some shots of your robot and not bothering with all the other set-up. :p  But even as a slow-burning mystery-building trailer I didn't quite feel it.
    Maybe some changes in speed would do it, to throw things off kilter every now and then. I understand the slow turning around the transformation for an epic feel, but it's too close to camera. Perhaps ramping up the speed for that shot and select others would give it some pump. I dunno what the technical term is for the speed changing during a shot.

I'm not entirely sure what the trailer was suggesting was happening. Some guy sneaks into somewhere and steals the bit of energon to give to the Autobots?

Hopefully you'll just consider my post constructive critisicm and I won't get crap thrown at me in the street for my opinions which will probably be contrary to others all going 'Wow!' and 'Awesome!' and whatever. :p  Just remember you asked what people thought of the trailer.

I'll still be interested to see how things develop with this project though.

7. reep15

reep15 Well-Known Member

That was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Very impressive! Not a Bayformer fan myself, but that obviously took some effort - good job!

9. G1DeadEnd

G1DeadEnd Bring on 5, 6, 7 & 8!

News Credits:
    Great job! How many people are working on this?

Gingerchris, I know you are just giving feedback, but your post does come across rather crass. Not flaming you.

10. springerbee

springerbee Well-Known Member

Wow, it ALMOST looks like an actual Bayverse movie!

11. DaveVegas

DaveVegas Member

Thank you all for the comments!

@Gingerchris ; First of all I want to thank you for your effort to write such a long comment. I know it's impossible to satisfy everyone but I want to remind you that Transformers costs millions of dollars, that's why Mr. Bay has the freedom to put 100 heavy visual effects shots in a trailer within a few seconds. Our project was so low budget that no one got paid. Everyone was a big fan of Transformers and this project is directed and dedicated to the fans!

I would really appreciate if you guys could spread the word for the project!

The final short film will be up soon!

Rob

12. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    Chris clearly knows what hes talking about. (not sarcasm)

It was really good. I enjoyed the score and the title sequences. Also I know what you were going for with that transformation sequence, however it seemed to be too robot-y jerky in a way.

With the bayformers they have a level of organic movement in their transformation. Like they start moving around even when they're still transforming.

Still very impressed. Any other robots in the movie besides Megatron and Optimus?

Also how long is the run time ?

13. prime326

prime326 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    Umm ok that was cooler than i expected. You got skills. I look forward to seeing more.

14. Wars

Wars I ate the WHOLE plate

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow. I'm speechless . . .

15. Chromia217

Chromia217 I luv Mark Hamill

Very good I think! :) 

16. decepticon2020

decepticon2020 Best there is @ what I do

Did I just see what I just saw?

That was awesome! The way you animated Optimus Prime to look like it's from the movies really impressed me. I swear it looked like it was from the actual movies. Even Prime's shadow on the floor was so accurate that it seemed so real.

17. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    wow man you made the texture of optimus look better than in the games nice now lets see how the story unfolds

18. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

19. DaveVegas

DaveVegas Member

Wow thank you all for the comments and support! I really appreciate it.

The final short will be around 5-6 minutes long but will have a lot of visual effects shots (A fight between Optimus Prime and Megatron! If you want to find out more check out our blog: Transformers: The Last Energon Crystal)

Stay tuned & spread the word!

Thank you all!

20. springerbee

springerbee Well-Known Member

Only 5-6?! I was expecting hundreds!

j/k ;)  :p