Transformers: The Game

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by AutoCon2076, Jun 27, 2007.

1. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

Hey there! I picked up copy of the game the other day. While playing, one of the enemies you fight is Shockwave. He's a freaking TRIPLE-CHANGER!!! AH-1 Apache, AAA Cannon, and a Shockwave-lookin robot. Are they making a toy for this guy? Swindle, Long Arm, and Hardcase look good in the game. I wonder, though, if they're going to have the Autobot recolors of Swindle and Hardcase as toys. There was also a cool cement-mixer drone. Bad-ass. Anyone know the deal with toys for this game?

~Z

2. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod LarzArz on twitter, man.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm getting the game today and from the screen shots it looks like there are some pretty cool drones. They made toys for alot of game characters already so I can see them making toys for the rest of em'.

3. Pwnbeaver

Pwnbeaver teh uber pwnage

What level is Shockwave in?(I have it for 360)

4. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I have seen a giant purple bot that I figured was Shockwave in the bonus Cybertron level, but he didn't transform.

5. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    zomg spoilers! :p 

6. Pwnbeaver

Pwnbeaver teh uber pwnage

Ya i just saw that guy he looks cool.

7. @l3x

@l3x Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No one transforms in the Cybertron level, not even you.

8. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

Yeah, play through the Autobot campaign & you fight Shockwave. He's awesome! That was one of the best parts of the game. I REALLY want a toy of him. I hope they put him in the 2nd movie.

Transformers: the game *sigh* What a dismal failure! If a hardcore Transformers fan like me can't stand it, what's the general public going to think? It's WAAAAY to difficult for a little kid to enjoy. And way too frustrating for an adult to enjoy.

9. Ed Bailey

Ed Bailey Must.. spend.. money...

All the TF: Movie games are way too difficult for kids. A difficulty setting and save option would have made these games far more enjoyable.

Really, leaving those gaming staples out to artificially lengthen the game was a terrible move.

10. AutoCon2076

Oh yeah, that sucker is definately difficult. Not to mention a lil buggy. Im getting stuck on polygons, ESPECIALLY when I was "Inside Hoover Dam" - DAMN THAT DAM!

However my biggest gripe is trying to pick things up. Everytime I go to grab a smaller object my avatar kicks it away with their feet. Forget even trying to pick something up while walking down a hill. It doesnt happen; you have to move around to the other side half the time.

I also hate how I cant JUMP AND TRANSFORM! Yeah, sure they jump as part of the transformation, but its not the same. Why cant I JUMP off of a building and THEN transform in mid-fall? And does anyone know if Brawl and Bonecrusher are playable?

~Z

Hint: I've noticed that as Barricade you can destroy as much as you want with less threat. Should the military and police overwhelm you; simply transform and your threat will drop almost instantly. I transformed and stayed parked and they started to leave after a few seconds.

11. doomtron

doomtron seeker

News Credits:
    i have tried these and they havent worked but maybe someone else will have better luck. these are supposed to be for ps2 but who knows. new game screen down down up up right right right for op. left up down down left up right jazz,right down left left down up up starscream. again they havent worked for me but maybe i am doing something wrong.

12. AutoCon2076

It says during any of that character's mission. Pulled from gameFaqs.com:

Jazz G1 skin: left, up, down, down, left, up, right
    Prime G1 skin: down, down, up, up, right, right, right
    Starscream G1 skin: right, down, left, left, down, up, up

Its possible the codes wont work unless you unlock the G1 content. Its possible the codes are for the PSP version, too. I dunno - its late and Im going to sleep.

13. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

Use the character codes on the screen where you can select Campain/Bonus gallery/??.

The screen will flash if done right. Or you can go to the Generation 1 to see if it worked.

14. Jedi2016

Jedi2016 Well-Known Member

I'm guessing that has to do with the fact that you're a cop car. Pretty neat that they think you're one of them.. hehe. Haven't gotten very far on the Decpticon side yet.

As for the transformations, it seems to apply only to the robot->car transformation. For that, I usually run towards the edge and, instead of jumping, transform at the last second, so it appears as though he's jumping off and transforming. It's not the same, I know, but it works.. hehe.

However, you CAN transform from car->robot in mid-air, I've done it on a number of occasions.

Speaking of the bonus characters, I'm assuming that you won't always need the code, and that eventually (or through certain actions in-game) unlock on their own? I haven't tried the codes yet, I'll wait until I'm further into the game.

15. road kill

road kill Active Member

Does any one know how to beat Megs. Ill get his health down to almost nothing then he'll transform and come back with full health. Can any one help?

16. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

The codes unlock the skins so you can turn them on or off for that character.

17. Rodimus25

Rodimus25 Well-Known Member

I'm doing something incredibly wrong then, because it will not work at all for me.

BTW for the person who asked how to defeat Megatron:

1st: Climb a building and watch as he flies around

2nd: When he lands get off the building. He is going to charge so be ready. As he charges just step out of the way,but behind him. When he stops throw a car or something at him. Once you do that for a while he will attack, it is at this point where you beat him down.

3rd: He will have that swinging hand attack much like the tow truck bot, just throw a car at him as you would that bot. Again he will attack, and again beat him down.

He will then fly around and land at full strength, just reapeat each of the steps above as he goes through those phazes.

*ps: forgot to mention he does the fire bit to, just throw a car at him when he does that as well.

Hope that helps.

18. road kill

road kill Active Member

Thanks man It worked. and for the codes they do work. you have to be on the screan with the bonus option and G1 then put the code in. By the way its not G1 Prime skin. Its move voyager prime colors

19. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Well, there was the Energon Shockblast toy which I thought was pretty cool. But the images of Shockwave I saw in the strategy guide for the game look to be a big improvement over that.

And didn't I read in the Games & Anime forum that you can play as Shockwave in the PSP version?

20. road kill

road kill Active Member

Does anyone know if beating Ironhide the same way as Megatron. When your playing as Blackout?