Transformers: The Game crashing

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by WingedWeasel, May 13, 2008.

1. WingedWeasel

WingedWeasel Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2008
    Hello all,

I apologize if this doesn't belong here, but considering it's a video game it appears to fit better here than in the TF general discussion.

Recently I picked up a copy of the xbox 360 Transformers game. I hate rented it shortly after it was released and despite being a horrific game decided I would pick up a copy once it dropped in price since it provided enough fun for a lower price but not $60 of fun. Well not too long ago the local gamestop was running buy 2 get 1 free on used games so I scooped it up. The problem is this:

Shortly after the fight against bumblebee as barricade the game freezes. Screen goes black, no in-game audio or anything. When I hit the 360's center button I can hear the noise that the blades are opening but nothing visually.

I would have chalked this up to having a bad disc (being used and all) however the same thing happened when I rented the game months ago. Also from some quick googling others have complained of many glitches and crashes.

So my question is: Has this happened to anyone? Is there a patch? My understanding is that downloadable content that you have to buy (ridiculous if it's a fix) is essentially just cheat codes to unlock different skins etc. When I loaded the game up just after I bought it there was an xbox live update for the game, or so it seemed. Does this relate to anything?

Any help?

Thanks in advance.
  2. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

Apr 13, 2007
    News Credits:
    mine worked fine but i had it on PS2
  3. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

Sep 1, 2003
    News Credits:
    your 360 is trying to do you a favor, that's all.

nothing to worry about.