Transformers: The Forgotten

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by Galvanitro, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Galvanitro

Galvanitro Vanguardian

News Credits:
    Universal Stream: Athren 1010.27 Iota
    Universe Title: Nova
    Universe Backstory: Transformers. They are large sentient robots that can shift their bodies into various forms, ranging from cars to jets, and even into weapons for others to hold. Their home planet, Cybertron, had known peace for many millennia.

Then Megatron rose to power. He declared himself a Decepticon, saying that the way the Autobots and the Ruling Council of Cybertron were controlling the planet was unjust, and he was determined to make the planet what he thought it should be. A race that conquered other planets. Megatron wanted to make an empire, and rule it as he saw fit. He gathered an army, and followers loyal to him, and he hit Cybertron like a firestorm.

The Autobots slowly reacted, raising their own army, led by the new Autobot Commander, Optimus Prime. He rallied forces with the words, ’Freedom is the right of all sentient beings.’ Many agreed.

More than a century later, the war between the Autobots and Decepticons still rages on throughout the universe. Not a single Cybertronian has been left unaffected. Most civilians have either fled Cybertron in search of a peaceful planet they can call home, or have picked up weapons and joined one faction or another on the various fronts of the war. Cybertron, Velocitron, even the planet Earth, the list of planets feeling the effects of the Cybertronian war goes on and on.

[​IMG]
    Written By: Galvanitro

Special Credits:
    Kaisaur created by Shatterpoint
    Treadway created by Soundwave338
    Thunderflash created by doomboy536
    Jetspeed created by Titanic X
    Rawbones and Bombkill created by Overlord Balder
    Mach Dart created by tf_rocks

Prologue I:
    Galactic Date: July 12th, 1920
    Galactic Time: 8:30 P.M.

“But…Lord Megatron…they are defenseless!” Starscream pleaded to the hologram image of Megatron. “Are you growing soft, Starscream? Annihilate them.”

Starscream glanced to the other crew members of the Larensa warship. It was the smallest warship in the fleet, but also the fastest.

They had just defeated an Autobot shuttle, the Magnum, and Starscream didn’t want to destroy them. They were defenseless, it just wasn’t right. The war had been going on for only thirty years at the time. “But they could be useful alive, Megatron!”

“For the last time, Starscream, destroy them, or you will be destroyed.” A shout from one of the pilots surprised Starscream. “Starscream, we’re in trouble!”

Starscream turned away from the hologram, and looked at the purple seeker from which the voice came, “What is it, Thunderflash?”

“The…the…Autobots! They were playing dead! There ship just activated, and is on its way to destroy us!” Starscream looked out the viewport, for the first time, he was unsure of what to do.

Unfortunately, he had forgotten Megatron’s hologram was still on. “Starscream, you fool! Return to Cybertron immediately, we can’t lose the Larensa!”

Starscream nodded to himself, refusing to face Megatron. “Scavenger, go activate the warp drive. Thunderflash, tell the men to start firing on the Autobots.”

He walked up the short set of steps onto the main command area, and looked out as the lasers burst from the warship.

<------->

“Move it, you over grown flyboy!” Rawbones shouted at Rotorstorm. They were moving down the hallway toward the gunnery stations. “Look, old man, you’re messing up my awesome groove, please, quit it.”

Rawbones laughed, “Oh, ho. Look, kid, I’m a Wrecker-”

“Was.”

Rawbones growled slightly, “was a Wrecker, so shut your yapper, and move your legs faster.”

They made it to the stations moments later. Dropping into the station, Rawbones activated the weapon console, and waited for it to boot up.

“Let’s scrap some ‘cons.” He said with a grin on his face. The console controls transformed out, and Rawbones grasped them quickly, aiming in the direction of the Decepticon warship.

The laser cannons, both Rawbones’ and Rotorstorm’s began firing. Several sudden blasts from the warship caught them off guard, as the shuttle shook from the impact. Rawbones asked into his communicator, “We, okay, Arcee?”

“Negative.”

“Whatative?!” Rotorstorm’s shout could be heard by Rawbones, even with the wall and sealed doors between them.

“Our engines and a wing have been hit.”

A young voice came across the comm, “Guys, they’re warping!”

Rawbones sighed, “That’s the last thing we needed to hear, Eject. Arcee, can you pilot the shuttle toward the warship?”

“I suppose…”

“Go full-speed, I don’t care if we have to spin.”

Eject complained, “I do!”

“Nobody cares!” Rawbones roared. The ship abruptly banked sharply, and began slowly spinning. If Rawbones hadn’t been attached to the console, he’d be all over the place. Rotorstorm cried, “Tell me when it’s over!”

“Oh, shut it, you slaggin’ idiot.”

Urgently, Arcee asked, “Why exactly are we doing this?”

“We’re ramming into the warship before it warps. Put all power possible to the forward shields, and hold onto your transistors!”

“You’re crazy!” Eject told him, with no sense of respect. Rawbones felt hurt at first, but shrugged it off, and with a smile answered rather bluntly, “I know.”

“Lovely.” Rotorstorm mumbled.

<------->

“Full-power to engines!”

“But, the warp drive needs-”

Starscream screamed, “To the Pit with the warp drive, they’re gonna hit us!” The warship jolted with speed, as the engines sped up.

Starscream tapped his fingers on the console in a random order. Why would they try and do this? It was suicide. Starscream gazed out at the Autobot shuttle continued moving. They were willing to sacrifice themselves to stop him. Seconds later, the floor was in Starscream’s face. The ship had abruptly stopped.

“What the-”

Thunderflash banged on the console, “What? I don’t get-”

“I activated the warp drive like you commanded, Starscream.” Starscream grabbed the edges of the console, and pulled himself up. “Scavenger, if we survive this, I’m going to rip off your arm, repair, and do it again!!!”

The resulting explosion from the Autobot shuttle impacting into the warship knocked Starscream back down. With a moan, he glanced up, and saw the ship turning a strange color, with its lines blurring. The warp drive activated.

<------->

Arcee moaned, and pushed herself up slightly. The floor was the ceiling…or, the ceiling was the floor. The ship had impacted upside down. But they should’ve been dead, why was she still online?

“Anyone alive?” She heard Rotorstorm ask in a scared tone. Pressing the side of her head, she responded, “Here.”

Quickly glancing around, she spotted Eject with a bunch of metal and wiring holding him down. She crawled over, and began pulling wires, and anything she could grab. Eject nodded a thank you, and tried to move, but was still too trapped. She strained, trying to pull up the metal, but it was just too heavy.

The loud crash of metal being cut made her look up, and she saw Rawbones there, axe-like Energon bisento in hand, and Rotorstorm stumbling behind him. Rawbones thrust the bisento into the metal on top of Eject, and used the other hand to pull one of the sliced pieces off. Eject wriggled out, and said, “Thanks, sir.”

Rawbones ignored him, and continued toward the front of the ship.

“Rotorstorm, get your diodes in order, and get over here.” He shouted with annoyance.

Rotorstorm straightened up a bit, and moved over there in what looked like a cross between someone running, and someone falling down, with a bit of swimming movements for good measure. Once he arrived where Rawbones was, he activated his two hand-held cannons, and fired them, making a hole in the shuttle’s armor. Rawbones proceeded to tear the metal apart, and widened the hole until it was big enough for Eject to walk through with Arcee’s help, and Rotorstorm to crawl through.

“I don’t believe it…” Rotorstorm whispered. Rawbones, in the middle of crawling out through the hole, asked, “What is it?”

Arcee answered, with slight trepidation, “Our shuttle is all that is holding the warship together…”

Rawbones scoffed, crawling the last bit, “That’s imposs-.”

He was so surprised that he couldn’t finish the sentence. The shuttle was all that held it together, due to the force of the impact. The ship jolted a bit, and Eject spoke up.

“We’re out of warp.”

Metal groaned, and grinded as the ship jolted again, and they almost fell.

“We’re speeding up...again.” Rotorstorm stated. Rawbones shook his head, “They wouldn’t do that if they knew it was being held together like this, because it would rip it apart.”

Almost on cue, the metal groaned loudly, and snapped with the sound of a bomb going off. The whole back of the ship broke off. It was nothing but engines and cargo in that section, but Rawbones realized what was happening fast enough. “Everyone, back in the shuttle, now!!!”

The other three began running towards the hole, while Rawbones hurried to the pieces of metal holding the ship, and slammed his bisento down on them. He then turned and ran toward the door into the rest of the warship. He never would’ve made it to the shuttle before it had broken off.

Moments later, his thoughts were confirmed as the shuttle broke off, spiraling down into…atmosphere? They weren’t in space! Somehow their speed and trajectory coming out of the warp had sent them flying straight into a planet. He sliced into the door, and punched it apart, just as what he feared to happen, happened.

The part of the ship with the cargo and engines exploded in a brilliant flash of fire and light. The force of the explosion tore at the remains of the warship, and the torn-up Autobot shuttle, sending Rawbones flying into the interior of the warship.

2. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So the war has only been going for 30 years before the Forgotten are isolated? Very interesting indeed!

3. Galvanitro

Galvanitro Vanguardian

News Credits:
    Well, it's more of THE war had only been going on for thirty. Battles and skirmishes had taken place for about forty years before that.

Glad you found it interesting. :) 

4. Challenger

Challenger Loves Bumblebee

News Credits:
    Great prologue! This sounds like it's going to be interesting.

5. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Love it.
    My favorite part was the dialogue, every character shows their personality at their first bit of dialogue, and very quickly you catch how are their personalities.

Your vision of Rawbones is made of awesome, gotta say.

I'll look forward to this.

6. Galvanitro

Galvanitro Vanguardian

News Credits:
    Thanks, guy and gal, I'm glad you enjoyed. I'll try to have Prologue II up tomorrow.

7. Galvanitro

Galvanitro Vanguardian

News Credits:
    Well, today didn't go as planned, but it should be up sometime this weeked, latest it WILL be up Monday morning.

8. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    Great so far !

9. doomboy536

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Take your time mate, we'll be here waiting patiently :) 

10. Galvanitro

Galvanitro Vanguardian

News Credits:
    Prologue II:

Galactic Date: April 18th, 1970
    Galactic Time: 9:21 A.M.

The silence was deafening. Starscream glanced at Thunderflash and Scavenger, who were on his left and right side respectively, and he looked barely ten meters in front of him, stood the Autobots whom they had been fighting: Rotorstorm, Arcee, Eject, and Rawbones.

They had been on this planet: Asteria, similar in many ways to Earth, for almost fifty years, though they had been in stasis for most of that time. The wreckages of the ships had crashed in an arctic region of the planet, where the low temperatures had kept them from returning back online.

And it would of stayed that way if the Boltrax, a species of giant, sentient creatures, hadn’t found them on an exploration run. The wreckages, and the bots inside, were taken to Aesir, the capital city of the planet, where the Asterian King of that time, King Xeron, inspected them.

The nice, warm temperatures rebooted the Transformers, and the Decepticons' first response had been to run and hide.

The Autobots met with, and talked to the Boltrax, the Asterians, a human-like race with special abilities, and the Longraines, willowy creatures that could change their bodies to mist, or harden them to the strength of a diamond.

They were allowed to collect energy to revitalize their power systems, but the collectors that they had didn’t work very well, and thus, no transformer, Autobot or Decepticon, could get over a 60% power level.

At first, the Decepticons and Autobots fought, but it didn’t last long, and the Decepticons went into hiding. Years later, desperate for a little more energy than they could find in their hiding area, they wandered into Mistrel, the city where most Boltrax live, and begged and pleaded to use their collectors, damaged in the same way the Autobots’ were.

Out of pity, the Boltrax let them, and the Decepticons gratefully, and peacefully accepted. They then traveled to Aesir, to talk to the Autobots.

Rawbones stepped forward slightly, and exclaimed, “Slime! Why should you join us?”

Arcee moved closer to the old warrior, and patted his shoulder, attempting to calm him down.

Starscream’s optics shifted downward. It was shameful, and he didn’t blame the Autobots for being wary of them. But…in all of the time in solitude, he had time to think, about his cause, the Autobot cause…and Megatron. They had been abandoned.

Finding his voice, he replied, “We…are changed. The years alone made us think about ourselves, and our lives. What we wanted to do…who we wanted to be. And, we thought…look at the Autobots. They are stranded here, just as we are, but they are enjoying themselves.

They do things for the Asterians. Build buildings, help with technology problems, transport people…well…you do good.

And…I don’t know about these two…but…I…want to do good too. I have skills to offer, and…we obviously have been abandoned to this planet, possibly for the rest of our days.

And…I want to leave my mark, even if it is on a planet that no one will here of my deeds but the inhabitants.” He paused, waiting for a response.

Rawbones was about to shout again, but Arcee gripped his shoulder tighter. She looked up to Rotorstorm, whose face was serious for one of the few times in the bot’s life. He nodded to her, and said loudly, “I think we should give them a chance.”

Starscream’s optics flitted up, and widened. Rawbones turned his shoulders, and opened his fists as if he wanted to strangle Rotorstorm. Vocal processor grating, he said, “No Decepticon is going to join a group that I am in.”

Arcee quietly asked him, “They aren’t really Decepticons anymore…are they?”

Eject looked down at his feet, and shifted his weight from one foot to the other, “I agree. It couldn’t hurt to…ya know…give them a chance?”

Rawbones glared down at Eject, then looked across at Arcee, his optics softening very slightly. “Please? If they do anything bad, you can rip out as much circuitry as you want. We all need to help each other here.”

Rawbones groaned and shook his head, “Fine…whatever…”

Grumbling, he quietly added, “Not my fault if they blow something up.”

Pushing Rotorstorm hard, and Arcee gently, he stormed away from the meeting, changing into his Cybertronian motorcycle mode and speeding off in the direction of Aesir.

Thunderflash looked to Starscream, then at the Autobots minus one.

“Awkward…” he said in a stage whisper. Starscream elbowed him hard, “Quiet!”

Scavenger asked, “Do you think they’d let me build something? I’ve been dying to build something. A Constructicon needs to build every once in awhile…or we go crazy!”

Thunderflash laughed, “I can’t imagine why…”

Arcee walked about half the distance between the bots and cons, and stopped. Putting out her hand, she said, with a stern but friendly demeanor, “We’ll let you join, if you promise to follow the laws of Asteria and its cities. We are willing to take you in, but the Asterians as a whole will be much harder to convince, particularly the Longraines.”

Longraines were unique in that, they almost never forgive, and they never forget.

Starscream, walking to the center, replied humbly, “We promise. We will do whatever needs to be done to help and protect Asteria, and to be friends to both you and to the people of this planet.”

He reached his hand out, and firmly grasped Arcee’s hand. They shook, proving that not all Decepticons are evil, some are misunderstood, afraid, or militarily inclined, and that Megatron preyed on those feelings.

For, while they were forgotten by the rest of the galaxy, they would strive hard to make sure that this world would never forget what they did for them. Arriving in Aesir less than fifteen minutes later, the newly formed Cybertronian group walked into the main square.

“Hey, Eject, take Scavenger to the new tower construction.”

Eject nodded, and waved to Scavenger, “Come on, greenie.”

Rotorstorm puts his hand on Thunderflash’s shoulder, which immediately tensed along with the rest of the con’s body. “I’ll show Thunderflash the transportation area, maybe we can find him a good job.”

Starscream smiled slightly and nodded, “It’ll be okay, Thunderflash, no need for a grenade.”

Thunderflash continued to be tense and nodded uneasily, “Sure, boss…”

As the two walked off, Arcee nodded toward the palace, “I’ll show you to the royal family. If its in your programming, try to act civil.”

“I’m hurt. Did I not show my sincerity, Arcee?”

“Oh, you showed it alright. You almost overdid it.”

“But you still let us come?”

“I have to say, I have a soft spot for pitiful looking bots.”

“We aren’t pitiful…we’re just tired of being alone.”

“No, you’re tired of each other.”

“I will not lie, that was a determining factor.”

“I’m not surprised. If I was stuck with the others alone for too long, I’d go out of my mind…that is assuming Rawbones hadn’t already killed the other two.” Starscream laughed and smiled.

Walking up the front stairs of the palace, Starscream marveled at the beauty and construction of it all. “Do they have a science or technology area?…I’ll gladly give my time, experience and expertise.”

“Yes, downtown there are a lot of tech workshops, I’m sure they’d love help.”

“Great.”

At the top of the stairs was the grand hall, with ceilings more than high enough for even Rotorstorm. An Asterian woman in her late twenties, with a stunning dress, told another woman dressed simply in a shirt and pants, “Yes, Xeron would love that.”

“Yes, Queen Liara.” The woman nodded a thank you and ran off.

The queen turned and looked up, “Ah, Arcee…so nice to see you. Is this…Starscream?”

Arcee nodded and nudged Starscream slightly. He bowed, and stated, “A pleasure to meet you.”

The queen was about to reply when she was distracted by a small person-like shape that ran by her, “Talon! No running!”

The shape stopped and was revealed to be a three year-old boy.

The queen quickly moved to the boy, and pointed up at Starscream, “This is Starscream, he is a new friend.”

Talon waved up at him. Starscream lightly waved back.

Starscream had a weird feeling. Someone called him a friend…he was someone’s friend. Maybe, he was right. Maybe the Forgotten won’t be forgotten by all.

Starscream turned and looked out at horizon. A new life was beginning for him…and he liked it. All the years he had been online, he had been searching for something...a purpose…and now he knew.

He had found it.

11. Overlord Balder

Good chapter.
    It's curious watching the backstabber scheming bastard trying to be of peace for once [and beautiful seeing him finding a meaning to his life *sniff*].

Now let's just see how many chapters it will take until someone destroy said peace.

12. Galvanitro

Galvanitro Vanguardian

News Credits:
    Thanks, Overlord. I figure Starscream will be one of the more major plot points. In some ways he will also be a good repersentative of the differences my universe contains.

In a few moments, Chapter I shall be up. My fingers are on fire!!!

13. Galvanitro

Galvanitro Vanguardian

News Credits:
    Chapter I:

Galactic Date: November 11th, 2010
    Galactic Time: 10:14 A.M.
    Galactic Location: Aboard the Logique, Empty Space in the Cybertronian Sector

Cryonix sighed as Kaisaur was explaining his new scraplets. “And Optay was able to kill the-”

Cryonix interrupted with a laugh, “Optay? You name them?”

Kaisaur glared up at the larger Decepticon, “Yes! They’re my babies…”

He couldn’t have said that creepier if he wanted to, Cryonix thought.

Shockwave broke the short silence, “That’s enough, Kaisaur. If we run into any large furry creatures, we’ll let you know.”

Treadway asked, “What’s the good of a scraplet that doesn’t eat metal…”

Kaisaur offered an answer, “They won’t attack us?”

Treadway threw his arms in the air, and with a slightly deeper voice, shouted, “YES!!!”

Calming down, he added, “I mean…yes, that is a good point.”

Cryonix stood up from his seat, and left the room.

“A bunch of moronic excuses for Decepticons, “ he mumbled to himself.

“For your sake, I hope you don’t mean that.” Shockwave’s voice surprised him from behind.

Turning around quickly, he said, “Of course not…not about you anyway…”

Shockwave’s eye glowed for a few moments, “Good.”

He pushed Cryonix to the side, and walked in the direction of the bridge.

Shockwave never ceased to amaze Cryonix. He was in such control of himself, nothing fazed him. He wasn’t as large as Cryonix, but he was much stronger, and Cryonix really couldn’t guess which of them would win if they fought.

<------->

Strafe flew as silently as he could until he had reached a patrol area on the outside of the Logique warship. Transforming and landing on the platform, Strafe glanced left and right before moving to a wall. If he had timed it correctly, the next patrol should come out of this airlock within the next five minutes.

Being a member of the Elite Guard was a whole different experience for Strafe. Barely a month ago, he had been part of the Autobot team that successfully got the ancient sword, the Atheron, before the rogue Decepticon, Ravage, could get his hands on it.

But they hadn’t succeeded without a price. Their squad leader, Overdrive, was murdered by Ravage, and if it hadn’t been for Cliffjumper’s heroics, Ravage would’ve gotten away with the Atheron as well. He escaped before they could catch him, but at least Cliff had gotten the sword back.

Under orders from Countdown, the group, along with some other Autobots, were formed into the Ancient Weapons Division, because apparently the sword wasn’t the only weapon out there. Strafe, not wanting to deal with all the ancient junk, asked Springer, the appointed head of the division, for a transfer.

He was immensely surprised and honored when that transfer was to the Elite Guard. Made up of six Autobots, including Strafe, they are led by Mach Dart, a yellow and blue Autobot seeker. The other members of the team were Jetspeed, a white and yellow Cybertronian hoverboat, Nitro, a blue and black Cybertronian transport vehicle, Bombkill, a blue Cybertronian Hummer-like vehicle, and Flak, a white and black missile carrier.

And another thing that was awesome, at least in Strafe’s opinion, was that Mach Dart, Jetspeed, Nitro, and Bombkill, were all part of the Sentrabot team. In the past, the Sentrabots combined to form Safehaven, but after one of the team’s members, Hunter, Bombkill’s brother, got killed in a firefight, they were no longer able to combine.

Strafe, being a Technobot and able to transform into a limb for a gestalt, offered himself to them. He had the orange and red parts of his body repainted into blue and yellow, respectively, in shades that matched the rest of Sentrabots, and at the same time had the Elite Guard symbol placed on his wings.

Now, about three weeks later, he was a full-fledged member of the team. They were currently tasked with tracking down and bringing in the Decepticon Shockwave, and his group of ‘True’ decepticons as Shockwave liked to call them.

That’s why Strafe was there. To place a tracking beacon inside the ship, and call the others in.

Right on time, the air-lock opened, and a couple of Decepticon car drones walked out. Strafe activated his two hand-held guns, and sprung from his hiding place. He fired blasts at drones as he ran towards the doors to the airlock. He had to get in before the doors closed.

A couple of the blasts nailed one drone on and near the head, killing him. Strafe than turned and slid, blasting the other one apart just as he slid into the airlock.

The doors closed moments later. Satisfied, Strafe stepped up to the panel on the opposite side of the airlock, and pulled a small device from his container in his waist. Plugging it into the panel, numbers went flying across the screen in the top-left corner until it glowed green.

The airlock door opened up into the ship. Strafe moved into the hallway. Hearing footsteps coming around the corner, he pulled the triggers on both guns and didn’t even bother to aim. The unfortunate Decepticon pilot drone who happened to be turning the corner couldn’t even get off a sound before being blasted to pieces.

Strafe sighed, “If I had tried to be sneaky much longer, I might’ve gone out of my mind. Now…just gotta find the room with the warp drive so I can put the beacon there.”

He transformed into jet mode, not bothering with stealth anymore, and accelerated, hurtling through the hallway, guns blazing.

11:02 A.M.
    Royal Palace, Aesir, Asteria

Starscream swelled with pride at the clapping. He had just revealed the designs for a new solar power station that was more efficient than anything ever created to date. More power gained, more storage, and less power lost in the process.

Some of the loudest clapping came from the royal family, King Talon, now forty-three, and his wife, Kahira, and his two teenage children, Matthias, eighteen, and Amira, fifteen.

Starscream bowed and said, “We should have one of these near Aesir, Mistrel, Lersten, and Titanus by the middle of next year. Thank you.”

He left the stage, and went out into the garden that was near that entrance of the Great Hall. Arcee slipped out the same exit and said, “That was a great presentation, Starscream.”

He smiled and glanced over at Arcee, “It was…wasn’t it?”

“Don’t pat yourself on the back too much.” Rawbones added, walking out as well.

He still didn’t care much for Starscream, but he had proven himself in these forty years, so Rawbones couldn’t really hold much against him anymore. “So…what’re we doing today?” he asked, since Arcee handled a lot of their day to day plans.

Arcee responded in her usual manner, “The four of us are looking after Matthias and Amira today. Starscream and I will take Matthias to warrior training, you and Eject will take Amira to elemental training. We’ll meet together this evening for the tournament.”

Rawbones was about to walk toward the front of the palace, when Starscream added, “Don’t be late, Amira has to be with her parents when the tournament begins.”

Rawbones snapped back at the seeker, “Don’t tell me what to do, con. She’ll be there on time.”

Once Rawbones was gone, Arcee shook her head, “You really shouldn’t provoke him.”

Starscream shrugged, “I guess.”

A few minutes later, Matthias came running out, dressed in a simple jacket, and thick pants. “I’m all set, guys.”

Arcee nods with a smile, “Okay, then.”

She transformed into her pinkish-purple Earth-style motorcycle mode, and waited until Matthias got on before starting her engine.

Starscream quickly mentioned, “I’ll meet you guys at the training center. I’m going to see how Thunderflash and Rotorstorm are doing.”

“Okay,” Arcee replied.

Matthias waved at him, and shouted, “See ya later, Screamer!” as they sped off.

<------->

Rawbones cruised down the road as Eject and Amira talked.

“Oh, you won’t believe this! Lord Hoffman’s son…ya know, Raynard, actually asked me to marry him when I came of age.” Amira said, excitedly. With a slight amount of hesitation, Eject questioned, “What did you say?”

“I told him he was too old, silly!”

Quietly, Eject responded, “Oh…”

Rawbones simply groaned, and said with a small growl, “We’re almost there. Is there anything else you can talk about other than gossip and such?”

Amira sighed, “Yeah…I guess. Um…so…Rawbones…what’d you do before you came to Asteria?”

Eject laughed, “Ha! That’s a crazy question.”

Rawbones, completely ignoring the young Autobot, replied, “Why, I was a warrior! One of the best in the galaxy! Much better than those young, new ones.”

“Hey!”

“Do you ever miss it?”

That question actually made Rawbones think. “Yeah…I think I do…of course I do.”

Amira looked behind herself at Eject, who was riding Rawbones with her, “I always forget to ask, what do you transform into? I’ve never seen you do it.”

Eject stammered, “I…I…well…I…”

Rawbones came to Eject’s rescue, “He doesn’t transform. He’s just a helper.”

Eject nodded in agreement, though that was a complete and utter lie. He did transform. He transformed into a double-barreled super-gatling gun. But he wasn’t about to tell Amira that.

They arrived at the open field where elemental training was held. Amira jumped off of Rawbones and ran to join the other students. Eject jumped off as well, but stayed behind with Rawbones, who transformed seconds later.

“Why did you lie to her for me?” Eject asked. Now it was Rawbones turn to search for words, “I…uh…knew you didn’t want her to know…you…”

Rawbones contemplated whether or not he wanted to continue. “You…you…seem quite attached to her.”

Eject sighed, “Yeah…wait, no!”

Rawbones gave him a deep laugh, “Let’s go watch her.”

She was a wind elemental, and a powerful one at that. It often surprised Eject what she could do with it. She could fly, and even while in the air, she could lift rocks, and fight an opponent without losing concentration. In the Asterian culture there hadn’t been any wars for nearly two centuries. Elemental or warrior fighting was treated more as a sport.

<------->

Strafe had reached the warp drive area of the ship, and placed the transmitter right onto it. He must’ve slagged at least fifteen drones on his way to the room. If he hadn’t caught the attention of Shockwave, they had poor communication in the ship.

Suddenly, he was caught off guard by a pulsing sound. The warp drive was activating.

“Good thing I’ve got the transmitter here,” he said.

“Time to slag some more cons.” He ran to the door and reopened it, narrowly being missed by a laser bolt from a tank drone. Little did he realize that the bolt hit the warp drive. The whole of the ship shuddered, as the warp drive malfunctioned, but kept starting up.

Strafe, distracted, got punched hard in the chest, and went sliding into the ground. Next thing he knew, the barrel of a cannon was all his optics could see.

“Die, Autobot.”

14. Challenger

Challenger Loves Bumblebee

News Credits:
    Nice chapter, I can't wait to see what happens next!

15. doomboy536

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Always nice to see Starscream actually using all of that scientific knowledge he's supposed to have. Can't wait to see what will happen to Strafe.

16. Overlord Balder

You know what I'm liking? How Rawbones [supposedly, the good guy] is the snarky and somewhat morally ambiguous while Starscream [supposedly, the bad guy] is becoming more and more of a nice guy, like if SS became more of a hero than the supposedly good guy.

Kind of switching their roles backwards, I liked that.

17. Galvanitro

Galvanitro Vanguardian

News Credits:
    I'm glad you all like it. It might be a bit before Chapter 2 comes up, because of their length, it's hard for me to this alot.

Going forward, expect one or two per week, three if I'm crazy.

@Overlord: Funny how that is turning out, huh? :) 

@doomboy: Yeah, I always had wished that had been explored, so...in the Nova Universe, it shall be!

18. Galvanitro

Galvanitro Vanguardian

News Credits:
    Chapter 2:

Strafe began laughing at the drone. Caught off guard, the drone barely had a grunt of confusion, as several blasts from Strafe’s pistols tore through the drone’s chest at point blank range. He rolled out of the way as the drone fell to the ground. “That dude has personal space issues.”

He ran to the door and into the narrow maintenance hallway. He ran, feeling very cramped, though the halls were large enough for that tank drone. He made it out into the open hallway, and breathed a sigh of relief. “Okay, what to do?”

The ship shook again as the warp engine engaged. At the same time, an alarm went off, “Autobot intruder. Autobot intruder.”

A monotone alarm rang out.

“Now they know I’m here!” He prepped his guns and began running toward the troop carrier area. “That’s where the action’s gonna be!”

12:00 P.M.
    Docking Bay IV, Aesir

Starscream carefully walked through masses of people occasionally waving at someone he recognized. It was definitely interesting to be famous for his work instead of his fighting. It was a fun experience.

His feet clanged against a metal floor when he entered Docking Bay IV, where the attendant had stated Rotorstorm and Thunderflash were loading up. The bay was large and metallic, in a rectangular shape. There were fueling stations for the simple, but effective propulsion vehicles the Asterians had for those who couldn’t fly.

Along the sides were many large and small cargo ships. At the edge of the docking bay was where Rotorstorm and Thunderflash were sitting, legs hanging off the edge.

Starscream stopped once he had reached a spot less than ten meters behind them and shouted, “Hey there!”

All Rotorstorm did was flinch slightly, but Thunderflash totally freaked out, and fell over the edge with a small scream. Floating back up moments later, he said with annoyance and fear, “That was not funny, Starscream.”

Only a few feet from him, Rotorstorm pealed with laughter. “It was hilarious!”

Starscream smirked, “I couldn’t help it.”

Thunderflash landed back on the docking bay floor, “Of course you couldn’t. What are you doing here anyway?”

“Just wanted to check on you two.” Rotorstorm hopped up, “Well, I know I’ve been doing quite well.”

Thunderflash shook his head. “Do you know how hard it is to live with that?” He said with a sigh, pointing at the larger blue bot.

“Because I’m awesome and you’re…well, you’re lavender.” It was Starscream turn to laugh.

Thunderflash stood on the edge of his feet, “I’m purple! I keep telling you, I’m purple!”

<------->

Arcee watched as the Asterian males fought each other, some wearing armor, others using elemental powers. She sighed. Asteria was more gender-oriented than Cybertron. You could only be a warrior if you were male. It made sense in some cases, such as Matthias, who’s inherent power was connected to being a warrior.

But ordinary Asterian males were allowed to be warriors as well if they trained hard enough, but the females could not.

It made Arcee upset. Back on Cybertron, she was top of her class in fighting. In a class of fifty. And some were larger than her, stronger, and faster. She was sure there was at least one Asterian girl who could do as well.

She stepped out of the training arena, and looked to the skies for Starscream. It’d be more interesting talking to him than watching the boys fight. She paused for a moment. Had she really thought that? Sure, the Decepticons had been with them for awhile now. Rawbones wouldn’t accept it, but the rest of them had.

She ran across the road into the adjoining field, and kept running until she found a large rock to sit on until Starscream got there.

She mentally asked herself: did she have feelings for Starscream?

“No…maybe.” She said to herself, her face shifting emotionally with the words.

<------->

“You did great today!” Eject said excitedly to Amira.

She nodded and grinned back, “Yeah! So, what do you want to do today? I don’t have any classes.”

Eject thought for a moment, and smiled, “You pick, I’ll follow.”

Rawbones, keeping a long distance, grumbled, “And I’ll follow because I have to.”

“Well, we’re close to Srotla Peak, we could climb that. I mean, if you want to help me, I couldn’t do it by myself.”

“You can fly!”

“But that’s cheating…” She said with a small pout to her lips. Eject tried to keep a hard look, but cracked up laughing, “Okay…okay, of course I’ll help you.”

They began running toward the nearest mountain.

<------->

Arcee sighed. “I don’t know what to think.”

Glancing up for the twentieth time, she finally saw the white form of Starscream flying in her direction. She raised her arms up into the air, just as he landed. “You finally got here! I thought you were going to meet us.”

“Well, you know Rotorstorm. Awesome this, awesome that…”

“You played a joke on Thunderflash and couldn’t stop laughing.”

“Yeah, that’s about right…Rotorstorm did jabber a bit though…it was…annoying.”

“You get used to it.”

“I haven’t got used to it in forty years!”

“It takes awhile.”

“Ugh…” Starscream sat down on the rock next to her. Arcee shifted her body slightly, and asked, “So…which city are you going to start the solar project in?”

Starscream’s eyes immediately lit up, “Well, Aesir is the capital…but Titanus has the highest energy consumption…but Mistrel is in the best position….it is just so hard to decide.”

Arcee laughed, “You really do love science. How in Primus’ name did you wind up a Decepticon?”

Crestfallenly, Starscream looked away, “I…well…I just made some poor choices.”

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to-”

“No! It’s fine to bring it up. It’s always going to be hanging there, laughing at me, taunting me.”

“You ARE good, you’ve proven that.”

Looking back at her, he asked, with a grimace on his face. “Have I? Have I really? I don‘t think so.”

12:40 P.M.
    The Command Bridge of Logique

Okay, so running into a mess of drones wasn’t such a good idea. He should’ve thought of that sooner. A tank drone tossed his body onto the ground, barely a meter from Shockwave’s feet. “Good work. Why are you here, Autobot?”

Shockwave reached down and pulled the Autobot up by a damaged chest panel. Holding back a scream of pain, Strafe only said, “Figure it out yourself, one eye.”

Shockwave considered killing him then, but didn’t. For Shockwave had already seen the Elite Guard insignia on the Autobot’s wing. According to his drones’ report, he had been near the warp drive around the time of the malfunction.

At that very moment, the ship pulled out of warp. Shockwave, not turning his head, shouted to Cryonix, “Are we in the Yhanson system?”

Cryonix stammered, “No…sir!”

If Cryonix hadn’t seen it with his own eyes he wouldn’t have believed it.

“Where are we, Cryonix?”

“I don’t know!”

“Check the star map.”

“We aren’t on it!” Shockwave dropped Strafe, who landed with a hard thud. He began walking up the stairs into the pilot’s area, while looking out the viewport. There was a single planet orbiting a single sun. The Yhanson system had eleven planets around three neighboring suns. “It’s illogical for the map to not show our location. The beacon system should-”

“The beacon system works, we’re just off the star map!” When Shockwave had finished his climb, he realized that Cryonix, unfortunately, was correct. On the hologram star map floating over the front viewport, their beacon was off the grid, floating at least two meters above the star chart.

“We’re in unexplored space.” Shockwave stated. Cryonix tapped some keys, “I’ll send some probes out to the planet. Maybe we have finally found one to call our base!”

Shockwave nodded, “Excellent. Notify me when the scan has been completed. Have the ship be piloted into the atmosphere.”

Strafe listened to their conversation from down on the main level. Off the star map? That was going to mess up the tracking beacon. He was going to have to find some other way to get a message off to them. Glancing behind him, there were several guards. Two car drones, four jets, and two tanks. Not to mention Shockwave and Cryonix up above.

So, no matter how much his trigger fingers were pulsing, he had to restrain himself from fighting for the time being. Looking up at the pilot level once again, he saw the doors open. A creepy looking Cybertronian beast walked out, and transformed into its robot mode.

“What do you want, Kaisaur?” Cryonix yelled with some annoyance. “Well…eheheheheh. I heard we caught an Autobot…and I don’t have anything left of the last one…”

Shockwave waved his one hand around, “Take him. Leave us.”

Kaisaur went to the railings, and said, “Jet drones. Come.”

Strafe grimaced. Lovely mouth he had there. Sharp teeth. Ugh, why did they have to have a mad scientist on board. Moments later, they were on their way to Kaisaur's lab.

“Yo, ugly.” Strafe said, as the jet drones carried him. Kaisaur turned, “What?!”

Strafe waved his hands around, as his arms were being held by tank drones, “The others didn’t seem happy to see you.”

Kaisaur snarled, and began walking once again.

“I am an essential part of Shockwave’s crew.” He replied.

Ugh, Strafe grimaced. Talking to this guy was like talking to a metallic snake. “You sure? You seem like you’re on the weak side.”

Kaisaur spun around and got in Strafe’s face, teeth grinding, “You’re one to talk, Autobot. You shall make a great experiment!”

Strafe nodded and shrugged slightly. Seconds later, he acted, head butting Kaisaur hard. The guards hands loosened very slightly, but it was all Strafe needed. He backflipped, kicking Kaisaur away in the process. Landing on top of the two drones, Strafe said, with a smile, “This might hurt!”

He pulled his arms together, sending the drones crashing into each other. He jumped off of the mess of limbs, transforming into jet mode. “I need my guns!!!”

1:23 P.M.
    Srotla Peak, Outskirts of Aesir

Srotla Peak was named after Terat Srotla, one of the first Earth elementals to exist. He died protecting Aesir from an attempt to take over the kingdom, and turn it into an empire.

Eject helped Amira up the last bit, and climbed over the edge of the ledge. It was a great view, and a relatively short climb since you could run most of the way up. Amira was breathing heavily and sitting on a rock, but Eject was gazing up at the sky. Amira looked in an easterly direction, and said, “Hey…hoo…whew. That’s a dark…cloud.”

Eject turned his head in the direction of her finger. His jaw slackened, and his optics widened.

“That’s not a cloud…no…nonononono! Get up!” He shouted to her as he ran to the edge of the ledge. “Can you fly, or are you too tired?”

“I can fly…what’s wrong, what’s going on?!”

“Get to the bottom, fast! Point at the dark cloud and tell Rawbones that I sent you down there! GO!!!” Eject hurried her, as she jumped off, and glided down.

Eject looked back at the ‘cloud’. It was a starship. A Decepticon starship. Looking over the edge of the cliff, Eject sighed. “We’re slagged.”

His back transformed, revealing a jetpack. He jumped off the ledge and rocketed down toward Rawbones, who had changed into motorcycle and had begun driving toward Aesir. Forcing as much power into his jetpack as possible, Eject flew over Rawbones, and turned off his jetpack, landing onto the back of the seat, behind Amira, shaking Rawbones a bit.

Amira asked, “What is going on?!”

Eject grimly replied, “Pretty soon, Rawbones is going to be back to doing what he does best.”

“Huh?” Rawbones answered her question before she asked. “Kicking Decepticon tailpipe.”

Training Arena, North Aesir

Arcee heard a crackle on her radio. They had rigged up a short distance radio to communicate with each other. Rawbones’ voice would have came across loud and clear, if it hadn’t been for some static. But it was loud. “DECEPTICONS!!!! East…w.r.sh….”

Starscream’s head immediately turned to Arcee. She looked up in Starscream‘s direction, but was glancing over his shoulder. There was a large black shape coming closer. Starscream twisted his body and looked up.

“That’s a Zarak cruiser! I designed it…as a warship…a conqueror warship…they’re here.”

“Why?”

“Don’t know…but we need to get back to Aesir, and warn Talon.”

“Right. I’ll do that. You go get Rotorstorm and Thunderflash. We’ll meet at the palace.”

Starscream got up, and she grabbed his arm, “Don’t be late this time.”

Starscream frowned and transformed, “I won’t.”

Logique

Strafe should get the suicidal bot of the year award. Really, he should. He just flew back into the bridge, to grab his cannons. He was now fighting two tank drones and four car drones. It was such a losing battle that Cryonix and Shockwave didn’t even bother paying attention. “Okay, that’s it.”

He pulled the triggers in until they locked. The guns went into overdrive firing plasma bolt after plasma bolt, tearing through the lower level of the bridge, and the drones on it.

Strafe took the chance to activate his communicator, “All Autobots, this Elite Guard Member Strafe! Can anyone here me?”

No responses, but there was static. If he wasn’t near an Autobot transmitter, he wouldn’t get anything. Repeating himself, boosting the signal as much as he could, “This is Strafe of the Elite Guard, can anyone read me?”

Tons of static, but there was a reply. “This is Autobot Aerial Officer Rotorstorm, can you identify yourself?”

Rotorstorm? He didn’t remember any officers called Rotorstorm.

“Can you identify yourself?!” Strafe screamed in reply, as the heat gauges on his guns reached orange. “Freedom is the right.”

Strafe got a confused look on his face. Freedom is the right? Who’s code would use that? Of all things, that was ridiculous. But strangely familiar as well. The indicators reached red, and smoke began emitting from his guns.

“Of all sentient beings!” He shouted. Rotorstorm’s voice returned, “Yes! That’s right! Are you on the black warship?”

Strafe replied, “Yes, but they aren’t thrilled with me. Transmit a locator, I’m jumping ship!”

Moving his fingers back onto the triggers, he spun, blasting apart the glass on his side of the bridge. He turned off the auto-fire, and jumped out the window just as a tank missile hit him dead in the back. He fell like a rock, and it was a long way down.

19. doomboy536

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow, things are really heating up. It's going to be interesting to see what the reactions of the Forgotten will be when the members of their former factions turn up. Also “I’m purple! I keep telling you, I’m purple!” had me chuckling.

20. Overlord Balder

Rawbones officially became the Wolverine of the team, we only need him calling the Decepticon as "Bubs" [and saying that he is the better at what he does, but what he does best isn't every nice], oh, and give him claws.

Next Chapter: Col. Shockwave Stryker will put Dark Energon on his bones!

Jokes apart, war came quicker than I thought, better yet, now we can have more badass action sequences.