Transformers - The Diet

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Dormamu, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    So yesterday I was having a conversation with superquad7 and the topic came up about being on the hunt for Transformers, vs. purchasing from an online retailer. And how much work it takes to get to the toy aisle. That's when the latest and greatest in a long line of diet fads came to mind.....

:bay 

TRANSFORMERS: THE DIET

Being on Transformers - The Diet doesn't require too much on your part. The best part of the diet is that you get to eat lots of good food, perhaps have some Starbucks/favorite coffee of choice and there's very little point counting. You can even get your spouse involved!

Here's the basic premise: For all the TF hunting you do, you're walking at least some distance to get to where the store has put the toys/Transformers. For all that walking you're gonna lose weight.

Week 1: Pick out several spots in your local area to shop at where Transformers are sold, doesn't matter if it's KB Toys, Walmart, Target, etc.
    Drive to said locations, and place your car at a pre-determined spot to the front door of the store. Extra points if you park your car at a mall.

Now, very simple: make your way at a brisk walking pace to the toy aisle. Running, or pushing over old ladies will not get you points.

Points value based upon how far back the toys usually are, considering distance, and also availability:

Store
    Walmart (always in the back or to the side of the store): 10
    Target (Also, in the back of the store, or to the side): 10
    KB (usually always in a mall): 15
    Mall (lets face it, any walk through a mall is a good deal of work to get through the crowds): 15
    Toys R' Us (No challenge whatsoever): 5
    Costco (Because just searching to see if they have anything is worthwhile): 10
    Sam's Club (Same): 10
    Big Lots (Knockoffs galore, potentially, but so close by, it barely counts): 5
    Other store: 5-10 depending on distance
    Buying online: Give points only if you're lifting weights at your computer.

Where did you park your car:
    Parking your car near the front of the mall/store: 5 - Jeez, put some effort into it!
    Parking your car mid way up the parking lot to the front of the mall/store: 10
    Parking your car so far away from the mall/store, it requires a bus stop to get you there: 15
    Leaving your car at home (if you can walk there): 20
    Parking your car on the far side of the mall to where the store is: 20

How rare is your find:
    Not rare: 5
    Somewhat rare: 10
    Rare: 15
    Extremely Rare (like G2 Motormaster rare): 20
    Didn't get anything but still did the walk anyway: 15 (hey effort counts!)

So based on these numbers, if you parked very far away, on the far side of the mall, and managed to find an extremely rare TF, then you just earned 55 points just for that day. Potentially, you could actually burn some serious calories by walking to that toy aisle three times a week!

You can do this each day, or several days out of the week. Each week, just keep parking the car farther away, and then you can add more points per week, per day, etc.

Now, here is the part where the diet really comes into play: Eating at said location. If you're truly health conscious and decided to eat a granola bar, then good for you, but if you're going to eat at said location, always check the calorie value. That Starbucks coffee and chili dog at Target may taste really good (unless you think Starbucks is terrible, and chili dogs give you gas), but you may have consumed more calories than it took you to get that last Titanium figure you're missing.

Even if you're totally in shape or just looking for something to do out of boredom, it doesn't matter your age, just walking is good for you. Even if it is to get to purchase your favorite toy. As a person who's been through a few diets, it's not always about what you eat, it's about how you live.

Also, keep in mind, this was created from a REALLY funny idea spun in a conversation, and not to be taken too seriously, unless you want it to be.

Remember, always consult your doctor or plastic crack counselor for advice before starting any diet.

Comments?

2. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    So how much weight have you lost so far? :lol 

*looks for the photo journal*

3. 0ptimus__Prime

0ptimus__Prime Autobot Commander

News Credits:
    Sounds good to me!

Optimus Prime: Autobots transform and lose weight! XD

4. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

Sometimes on wednesdays, if I have the day off, I'll do this kind of thing, but I don't drive. So I'll take the subway to the downtown core, and then hit all the comic book shops and malls while walking back home. On a good day I'll spend a good three or four hours walking.

Edit: Not to mention the fact that I'm spending money on Transformers instead of food, which is actually what I thought this thread was about. :D 

5. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Man, the gas burned to do this diet.. You could just join a gym or have lypo or something.

6. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    I'm gonna put this to the ultimate test. I'm gonna park my car in my driveway and briskly walk to Rev. G's new house and wait for him to move in, then buy some stuff from him, then briskly walk back home get in the car and drive it to the same spot it was sitting, get out and walk the rest of the way home.

7. Screambug

Screambug King of Transformers

Sounds cute!:D 

8. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    Aww, I though this thread was gonna be about Transformers in the Japanese government.

9. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What about the energy to break into another TF fan's home, quietly pack up their loot, and sneak back home. Extra exercise for pushing the car to avoid noisily starting it. More points for Blitzwing!

10. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Ah, and you forgot about the energy expended while the said TF mauls into the thief. Let your creative minds wonder freely on this one.

11. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    Hah!

I should sooo try this XD

12. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

I just have one question. Why can't I get extra points for knocking over old ladies? :) 

13. Superquad7

News Credits:
    You need to lose weight about as much as I need to read another book.*

[*For those of you who don't know, I've got a ton of reading to do this semester.]