Transformers that holds the most sentimental value to you?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by exomega255, Oct 25, 2011.

1. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Sky-Byte.

2. Predakign2000

Predakign2000 Transformers Fan Since 1984

I have two.

1. When I was little, my mom raised me as a single mother. When I was 5, she started dating a man who would one day become my dad. the first Christmas I spent with his family, he got me tons of toys. One in particular sticks out because I still have it. It's not a Transformer but a Go-Bot. Psycho, the black and silver futuristic car. I still have it to this day.

2. Omega Prime. Got this one when I got back into collecting. Lost it and reacquired bot the US and Japanese versions. Got this one with a girl I almost married. She's still pretty special to me, even though it didn't work out.

3. twiztidRodimus

twiztidRodimus Shattered Glass Autobot

News Credits:
    What's crazy, is the one that holds the most for me, is the figure/Set I don't have yet as Im making payments on it. Protector Rodimus, Rodimus is my favorite Autobot, and this to me is the best figure for him.

He's not a big favorite to TF fans, but I personally always liked him. Unsure of himself, his lack of faith in humans, I just liked the direction he would have cast the autobots in. And this figure represents the height of what he could have been power wise

4. nukedproducts

nukedproducts Built-in Tears!

armada unicron. I got it when I was 7 but lost all of his pieces from moving from city to city and just recently me and my dad just rebuilt him.

5. urrutiap

urrutiap Banned

My most sentimental valure or aka My Precious was the original Prowl figure that I had when I was a little kid. I wish I had it today since it disappeared or whatever when me and my sisters moved to a different town. Freakin parents LOL.

6. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

News Credits:
    For me the most among the most sentimental would be G1 tracks, I (believe) first Transformer I ever received, since my favorite color is blue and it was a blue car.

Also definitely highly sentimental are Trypticon and Scorponok and Fort Max, as 1 of them was an unrequested Christmas gift from my parents, another was a gift from my deceased grandmother (R.I.P.), and another the result of 8 months of persistence.

Also, Sky Lynx is highly sentimental.

7. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Since I started buying Transformers as a grown up, I haven't had any TFs that I have huge sentimental value on. That's until Animated Ramjet. That toy means a lot to me because of what my home country was going through (and still is) when the toy was released. It was so extraordinary that it was delivered at all, and I also think of my fellow collectors who never get to receive it.

8. Liam Prime

Liam Prime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    id have to say beast wars dinobot. he was the first transformer i got. not the very first mind, i did have some g2 figures in the early 90's. but it was the figure that started my life long obsession :D 

9. AMG

AMG Old School

There are a few, but G1 red Bumblebee stands out because he was my first TF.

10. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    My most cherished figures would probably be my G1 Fort Max,to me his sheer HUGENESS is what makes him so special.Although other figs come pretty close to awesomeness to him he just remains the most sentimental to me,these are a few more I hold dear they are:

MP08 Grimlock (how can you not like the leader of the Dinobots?)
    G1 SkyLynx as I consider him the 6th and 7th members of the D'bots
    ROTF Leader Prime without a doubt the most accurate Prime ever
    Generations Warpath as he can really go Kapow,Blam,and Boom
    Generations Wheeljack no contest for best classic ever.
    DOTM Leader Ironhide cause of 2 reasons
    And The Greatest Chaos Bringer in History Armada Supreme Unicron

11. Magnus12

Magnus12 Well-Known Member

mp hot rod I know people complain but i love this guy :) 
    shadow command leader megatron
    rotf leader prime
    deluxe bumblebee ( was my first tf toy besides aramda prime although i nvr really cared bout tfs back then)

obviously mp grimlock ftw!!!!!!

12. Magnus12

Magnus12 Well-Known Member

o ya and g1 softimus prime and slumblebee!!!!!!!! :) 

13. FakeEyes22

FakeEyes22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's so sweet it kills me.

I've got a huge sentimental appreciation for most of the '87 Headmasters. I had all except Weirdwolf and Skullcruncher. I was at an age where I realized how lucky I was to be so spoiled by a mom who was working a 2nd overnight job at a toy store just to make Christmas a ridiculous event. I still feel guilty that I asked for Fort Max back then, but I'm also incredibly happy and appreciative. Most of my Transformers from '84-'86 are broken and incomplete, but I took really good care of these and never lost a gun or Nebulon.

Mostly though, it's Hardhead! I loved him and I don't know why. He's extra special since my dad spent hours building me a perfect Halloween costume of such an obscure character with a name that should have gotten me teased a lot that day. My avatar is my Hot Rod costume from the year before.

14. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Banned

News Credits:
    The toy that WILL hold the most sentimental value for me should be arriving in a month or so. I'll post pictures when it comes, it'll be something really special.

15. Nope

Nope yscohb

News Credits:
    BW TMII Scarem. He's missing all of his limbs (as are most of my BW figures I had when I was younger), but he still holds a shining spot in my collection.

16. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

I don't have too much sentimental value attached to any of my Transformers. The only toy I actually do value sentimentally is a My Little Pony Fluttershy figure, which was given to me as an ironic parting gift from my best friend. Turned out that she stayed here, but you know, it's the thought that counts.

17. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The few G1 figures I own. Mainly Jazz and Blaster.

18. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Powermaster Optimus Prime.

My Dad died very suddenly when I was 7 and this toy was there for me every day to help me cope with that pain. It was nice to just not think about it and just play with my toys, but let me tell you there were a lot of times when I was playing that I would just break down and cry for hours, and Prime would never leave my side.

19. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Black trailer Prime was & still is definitely something special. Glad you ended up getting your own. :) 

As far as mine that hold sentimental value, all of them do in a sense (especially since I've had most of my collection since I was a little kid), but G2 Sideswipe, G2 Green Slag & of course G2 "Black Trailer" Prime definitely earn their spot. Scorch became my favorite over the years, and my G2 gold Bumblebee (who I always called Goldbug) wasn't too far behind. Then we get into Beast Wars where Dinobot leads the pack, and at that point it became clear that it wasn't gonna just be a short lived hobby for me.

Not that any of this tops Batman's story, but you know.

20. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    1. HFTD Speedstars Track Set with Exclusive Bumblebee: was given by my ex as a Christmas gift last 2010. We are seeing each other again, hehe. Even saw DOTM twice with her.

2. G1 yellow 1985 Bumblebee: it has rusted wheels and loose arms, but it's my first G1 Bee.