Transformers that holds the most sentimental value to you?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by exomega255, Oct 25, 2011.

1. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Hopefully, this would be a positive and enjoyable read for all of us =)

Are there any transformers toys in your life that holds a lot of sentimental value? Who are they, and why do they hold the values?

I have 2 that I'd like to share:

1. Beast Wars Polar Claw. When I was a kid, I brought Optimus and Megatron already, and scorpinok and Polar Claw were next in line. However, my dad surprised me on my Birthday and got Polar Claw for me. This meant a lot to me as he was against my addiction to robots collecting in general. That's why Polar Claw was special for me. It doesn't signifies that my dad approves of my collection. It just signifies that he cares and wants me to be happy MORE than he disapproves my collection.

2. Energon Omega Sentinel. My sister gifted this to me for my Birthday while I was in college. Why this piece is so unique and can never be sold was because, she was only in middle school. When she shopped for my present, she simply had my mom take her to TRU, and brought the biggest one she can find. She didn't have a job or anything, so 50 bucks back then for her, must have been months of savings from allowances. It was something I really appreciated because that's the value I hold in her heart and mind.

Sorry if it sounded sentimental. But hey, I warned ya with the title!

So, just wondering if you guys have something like that for ya =)

2. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nice topic. The two that spring to my mind:

1. Original G1 Dirge. Brought for me by my Nan (who died in '89) at Christmas 1985. I still have it, proudly displayed with my other G1 Decepticons. There's something about the seeker mould I just love, and the fact this was my only version of the mould whilst growing up, and who gave it to me...I found out years later that my Nan would give my Mum some money, who would then go and get a toy and put my Nan's name to it, but that didn't matter: In my mind, this was a present from my old Nan, and I loved/love it!

2. TRU Reissue Ultra Magnus. What's so special about this one, you ask? Well, after 8 weeks of dating, I took my then-girlfriend to New York for Christmas '02, where I proposed (snow-covered Central Park). She said yes (and is now my wife of over seven years), even though she was very surprised! Anyway, as an "engagement present" she went to Times Square TRU and picked this up for me! OK, it didn't cost as much as the engagement ring she got, but for so many reasons, I love this toy. Oh, and naturally, Magnus is my fave character anyway!

I'll keep it two, in following the OP's example...

3. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's an stainer story about magnus Magnus' Mate. Very cool of her, and the polar claw is awesome too exomega. Mine is G1 magnus. I had gotten injured pretty bad, and was in the hospital for surgery. I remember when I came to, my dad was sitting there waiting for me to wake up with it in hand, :) . While the one I have isn't the one he gave me, it still reminds me of then every time I look at it.

4. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    G1 Hook. Grandparents bought me it when they came to visit. He was my second TF ever (Powerglide was the first). Hook has more meaning since my Grandfather was a construction worker. While on that visit, they got me the rest of the Constructicons. I'll never sell any of them but Hook is extra special since he was the first.

5. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 I'm actually 16.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hasbro 20th Ann. Optimus and Cybertron supreme Primus since they were unexpected gifts I got after school from my parents around when I was in 3rd grade.

6. metrotitan

metrotitan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    G1 Trailbreaker. My first TF. I only wish I still had my original. :( 

7. Starscream555

Starscream555 Member

G1 Warpath. Perfect

8. bossman328

bossman328 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    G1 Galvatron

9. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    G1 Prime - my first and a toy I still have.

I remember my cousin and I both got him for Christmas that year.

10. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hasbro Commemorative/Classics Reissue Soundwave - I don't remember what my first Transformer was, but I did remember I never owned Soundwave as a kid and always liked him. After seeing the '07 film, I saw this on Amazon and decided to give in to a bit of nostalgia. Over 1000 figures later...

Micron Legends Optimus Prime Super Mode - It's not my favorite mold, but I preferred this deco and went through a lot of trouble just to own mine (getting screwed my an eBay seller for the first time, lucking into a random Amazon listing that didn't have the correct picture, sweating it out the whole time). When I can't find a particular figure I decide I want, I tend to hone in on it, so finally having this thing arrive in my hands was a welcome relief.

11. evilash3373

evilash3373 Well-Known Member

G1 Prowl - First transformer I ever got.

12. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

Armada Unicron.

My Girlfriend, now my wife, bought it for me 5 years ago. She did all the research herself.

13. FAKER II

FAKER II Cheap Repaint

There are a lot of Transformers that bring back fond memories for me. But I don’t have hardly any of my actual childhood toys so most toys I currently own could be replaced without loosing any sentimental value. But the Fortress Maximus in my collection was mine from my childhood, though I had to complete him using another Fort Max. Every kid in my neighborhood was jealous of my monstrous 2 foot tall Transformer. I always liked him as a kid, but after watching the Headmasters series, I love him so much more. He went from really cool 2 foot tall Trabsformer to heroic leader of the Autobots.

14. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    G2 Optimus Prime w/ black trailer. This was the toy my childhood friend had and I didn't. He was never interested in it as much as I was so I always had free reign to play with it when I was over there. I friggen loved that toy, but I never actually owned it until I purchased one when I was about 20. That toy holds very special meaning to me.

15. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    Powermaster Optimus

Mom did not have money for him back in the 80s and there was only one left. So she held a look out while I hide the toy under the shelf. 2 weeks later we went back and when nobody was looking I checked and yes still there and she bought it to me :D 

Darkwing and Dreadwing

One of my favourit bots and also a favorit pair of dad's when I played with them as a kid. He still to this day say those two jets are cool.

16. Fort_Fett

Fort_Fett iRkeN iNvaDR

G1 Hot Rod and Rodimus Prime. After purging my first G1 collection in the late 90's......These two survived.

17. Bricetron

Bricetron Well-Known Member

BW Transmetal Megatron. A close family friend bought it for me while he was in town. He was always the cool "uncle" who was really big into sci-fi stuff, so we'd always watch Star Wars and he'd let me see the various prop replicas he had from movies.

And Armada Unicron. I actually liked most of the Armada line and the cartoon, as its really what brought me back into Transformers as a kid. Even though they are bricks, I love my Optimus and Megatron figures, as well as the numerous minicons, but the peak was definitely opening that Armada Unicron on Christmas morning. I just couldn't believe I had a robot that size. It was a tight Christmas that year, so I remember not seeing any big presents under the tree for me or my siblings. I had told my parents that if I could have any one thing, it would be that. Well, he was hiding behind the tree :)  It definitely means even more to me now as an adult when I realize how much it cost them.

18. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Practically my entire G1 collection, which my grandfather bought for me over the course of several years - he was a great man and the guiding force of my childhood. Among that collection, I'd single out G1 Octopunch for being my very first TF.

19. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    G1 Omega Supreme.
    Best childhood Christmas gift ever :) 

20. HeavyArms

HeavyArms Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    It was Beast Wars Transmetals Cheetor. It was a gift from a close friend when i was young until he moved. Sadly my cheetor got stolen :(