Transformers TGC from Wizards of the Coast

Discussion in 'Transformers Trading Card Game (TCG) Discussion' started by Tony_Bacala, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    Pretty much. Though, Hasbro seems to be tightening the leash a little bit by only allowing a set of foil alt-art planeswalkers to be sold on HasbroToyShop. Plus the Hasbro-themed exclusive silver bordered cards exist. That’s about the extent of it as far as I’m aware.

Other than that, Disney also seems to get more flak when something isn’t up to snuff according to the fans.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Selling oddities in a shack. In the woods.

You mean MOBILE version, right? I hate to rain on your parade, but "console/pc" versions are a thing of the past. Nowadays, they do some crappy mobile game that forces you to pay for every damn motion in the game. :banghead:  #f*ckMobileGameGamblingSchemes
    The Pokemon sets (similar to this) seemed easy enough to get. I saw a huge stack of them at TRU (before bankruptcy)... so maybe not as scalped as you think? I mean, they can mass-produce these at little cost (it's ink and paper).
    Wait... what? :lolol 
    The back and forth is fine (even informative to people like me, who are NOT in the loop), BUT you don't need to be mean (i.e. why taunt the other guy?).

This isn't some a-hole on the street you're talking to; this is a fellow TF fan who is taking the trouble to respond to your comments. He's a brother, not an enemy to vanquish.

Feeling combative? We all feel that way at times! But MAYBE don't start that HERE? :)  There's other places to argue for the sake of arguing, ya know? :) 

Plus, without knowing anything about this WotC situation? I can side AGAINST HASBRO. Hasbro, as a general rule, does NOT take care of fans. And if you don't understand Hasbro frustration, you must live in CA - which is awesome for you! Consistently, Hasbro seems to have an independent vision for their products that mostly ignore actual customer complaints or wants. For example, Hasbro is more likely to trust a focus group of 20 children (for a product decision) than an entire board's worth of customer data and valid criticisms. :banghead: 

• Like Like x 1
  3. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Selling oddities in a shack. In the woods.

Ehhh, but I don't get the comparison at all. :confused:  On the one hand, the argument is that Hasbro let's Wizard do it's own thing... LIKE DISNEY? What? :lol  How does Disney NOT interfere with its acquisitions? For example, they instill a very strict morality code on their products... (i.e. if there was ever a chance for an R-rated, proper SW film for fans... yeah, it's gone now!). Disney also distributes their movie products in a very specific (expensive) way; something Hasbro can easily do with Wizard products (i.e. raise prices or change distribution in such a way as to severely limit players or force others completely out!).

Hasbro is not a company that leaves things be: their entire corporate vision is all about making it BETTER. If they're NOT touching Wizard... it's more of a "not yet". :rolleyes2  I have no doubt they're taking their time to "improve" Wizard products (Hasbro is busy with a large portfolio of games, toys, etc., so changes to Wizard may not be high in the agenda). But just like the Bay/Paramount deal changed TFs forever... they can do something similar to Wizard products at any time - a move that would be made by HASBRO, the media company, NOT Wizards of the Coast.

4. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    Yet the steam card battle games are doing fine. And yugioh has had plenty of handheld and console ports. But heck yes, bring on mobile and app versions for tablets and phones too, and implement cross play.

Console gaming is doing fine, and plenty of new material and wide ranging titles are coming out, and with switch so high profile on the market too, it's perfect for that. Including the touchpad controls switch has but rarely uses.

And while at it, maybe you should remove some salt from your diet, you might smile more and would live with less stress.

5. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    awesome video, I also spied another BBW behind her, I got distracted. Yes this video is perfect though, I really liked the explanation.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Oh good, here's the first expansion before they even get the actual game out the door and have it succeed. After Guilds of Ravnica Mythic Editions (among the other million problems before that), I have zero hope that Hasbro and WOTC have a clue what they're doing.
    You're not very familiar with Magic, are you? You definitely need to do some research. Most of what you said is completely off the mark.

• Like Like x 2
  7. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Yeah, especially with WOTC's lacklustre foiling process and the lack of (good) oversized sleeves on the market. I also can't wait to see how horribly these cards get misprinted. Gotta compete with Magic somehow. ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  8. Blam320

News Credits:
    I’m still waiting for someone to actually tell me what’s off. Otherwise I have every right to call BS on whatever you say as well.

• Like Like x 2
  9. LeonSteamhawk

LeonSteamhawk Micromaster

Same thing I thought as well. :( 

10. Blam320

News Credits:
    The extent of my interaction in the MTG community doesn’t go past my local card shop. And even then, out of the dozens of times I’ve been there, nobody’s complained about the card quality. I’m just as inclined to call BS on you, since - as we all know from these forums alone - online forums represent a minority of the community and don’t accurately portray a general sentiment.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  11. Keldroc

Keldroc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Disney doesn't interfere in its acquisitions' creative work. Marvel, Pixar, and Lucasfilm operate completely independently from a creative standpoint, despite internet conspiracy theories. The only thing Disney controls is release dates, since they're the distributor, and would control that whether they owned the companies or not. There was never going to be an R-rated Star Wars movie, Disney or no Disney, so that makes zero sense to begin with.

• Like Like x 2
  12. WereDragon EX

WereDragon EX Well-Known Member

There had better be a Trypticon deck as well...

13. starquantumstratos85

starquantumstratos85 Well-Known Member

welp no yugioh for awhile lol

14. Blitzwing777Roblox

Blitzwing777Roblox Banned

YouTube (Legacy):
    I wanna collect these cards!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Nelomaxwell

Nelomaxwell I gave you power

Please let this be made into a mobile game.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Dark Prime

Dark Prime Ware Wa Oof Nari!!!

YouTube (Legacy):
    I want Trypticon next

17. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime 1st Cybertronian Spectre of the Galactic Council

Can confirm. I live in Cali and I didn't realize just how good coastal cities have it for this hobby of ours until I started seeing how difficult it is for getting toys in other places. Like early on, I never realized why people would complain about not finding certain TFs and such in their neck of the woods. Years later, now I understand. :D 

18. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime 1st Cybertronian Spectre of the Galactic Council

What ^^he said. Disney was getting killed in the 18 to 35 male demographic and it led to a shakeup over at Disney (which I think should be credited to Iger iirc?). So Disney went about acquiring different studios and content makers that does well with that demographic with the express purpose of having them do what they do but slapping their name on it and taking their cut. They fixed their beef with Pixar and worked it out so that Disney gets the big merchandise movers sequels (hence the Toy Story and Cars sequels) they asked for in exchange for Pixar being left to do what they do best, thought-provoking and high-art animation. Marvel has won big for them as well and mishaps aside, they're a studio under their umbrella that they largely just watch the budget and numbers on but let them be.

Imo, the only one that hasn't been as big a hit is the Lucasfilm deal. They started out with a bang obviously but I feel that Dizlucas wasted the fan trust/goodwill that they earned with too much filler. I liked Rogue One and TFA but I feel like if they really want to have SW succeed as a series/universe, they're going to have to break away from all the nostalgia and do something truly new with the property.

19. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    This is good to know. I don't agree with you on the pixar films being thought-provoking and high-art but that's just a difference of opinion so I'm willing to let that slide. Anywho, yeah the Star Wars brand deal had a lot of problems right out of the gate. They forgot that what George Lucas was good at wasn't characters or writing, but world building. It's the one thing they're not doing well. Heck even the alien designs are pretty boring and mostly playing it safe. And yes the filler; my god the filler.

But back to the thread topic, my aim was to start collecting this card game when I got the SDCC card pack but since I had a hell of a time tracking it down and when I did get close to obtaining it, I was too annoyed to purchase it. No regrets though. To those who will be collecting this, I wish you luck. I'm out of this game for sure.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Blam320

News Credits:
    And they did. But look at where the “turn everything on it’s head” card got them.

• Like Like x 1