Transformers Teaser Officially Launched

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Ops_was_a_truck, Jun 29, 2006.

1. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    It looks to me like you guys are all arguing semantics. can we please let it go??? this thread has reached NINETEEN pages!!! All things related to the upcoming TF Movie are going to be bringing us in a large influx of new members, and to have them see a nearly twenty page long argument over semantics doesn't exactly give them a very good first impression of our community, now does it?

2. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Drat, outsmarted by a Lorry, I am disgraced

Pretty good imo

3. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

4. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    Well, I just showed this to a few guys at my church who are just casual fans. They know of TFs, grew up watching some of the shows, but were never really interested in them. After they saw the teaser, they were highly interested into the movie. Both LOVED the idea of using the Beagle landing, both saying that it was a great "what if" story. They also wanted to see more, so the teaser definitely did its work. One of the guys isn't a Bay fan and actually grimaced when he saw the name at the beginning. At the end however he was pleasantly surprised saying: "Wow, that actually looked really cool. Definitely looks like they are taking this seriously."

These two guys are not fans like us. In fact, they don't really care about the TFs like we do. And yet they are drawn into the movie by this teaser. That is definitely good news indeed. It shows that the average joe is interested in this movie as well.

5. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I think this movie will do pretty well. I dunno about its final numbers, but I bet its opening weekend will pay the bills.

6. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I showed a friend of mine who isn't into TFs at all, and he's now going to see the movie with me when it comes out. I'd call that a good result.

7. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Yup definitely,this movie would need people like them to see the movie too for it to do decently in the box office.So if the teaser can get non fans or just casual fans who remember TFs as a kid then I think the movie's on the right track

It most likely will,I mean it won't break records or anything or be the talk of Hollywood.But it should at least be a decent action flick.Which is honestly the most we should expect of Transformers

8. chocula78

chocula78 Satellite Systems Engr TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I'm expecting an academy award for Best Director, Best Screenplay, Best Actor and Best Picture.

:lol 

9. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

I showed to some guys at work and opinions ranged from, "FUCKIN SWEET!!!!!" to "I can't believe they are making a movie about fucking transformers."

10. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

It's not surprising to me in the least.Since X-Men most comic book adaption movie have been pretty decent.X-Men and Spiderman being the best of them.And Transformers has been going strong since Beast Wars so a film IMPO was inevitable.And with the exception of Tyrese the movie does have a pretty solid cast

:lolol  :lolol  :lolol 

11. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    i just read this entire thread. someone oowes me a damn cookie.
    lol :lol  i can't wai to check it out in the theatre's next weekend, just to see how it plays. the musical queus are really nice, i would ahve gone a little granier with the transmission footage. I kind of felt the 'attack' was a little too fast, in that it was jsut sort of confusing, but Oh man, the title screens rocked. it also seemed wierd they put Bay's name below the logo, which just looked 'off' because of the added descenders on the 't' and the 'f' (/graphic designer geek)

to everyone trying to figure out who the robot is in the teaser: I'd lay down money it's "genericon" ~ like the fellow from Bay's site said ~ NONE of this will be in the movie ~ like the original Spider-man1 teaser, it was filmed independantly, likely by an Assistant Director, and the FX where farmed out.

and, what the hell, i'll toss in on the argument: this is not G1!!! i don't even see how it's debatable. it's a new restarted story featuring common elements and character names just like RiD, and the AEC trilogy, but with new characters, characterizations, motivations, design aesthetics and backstories. and i have a very broad view of G1: Marvel comics, 84-91 toys, G2, reissues, BT/Alts, DW comics, BW and BM, the upcoming classsics = all G1 universe. the movie: something new and something different, but no more G1 than Armada or Energon, and that's OK i don't even really consider the new idw comic 'G1' for the same reasons ~ and that, too is 'ok'

12. Loosecannon

Loosecannon Cos I know I'm right...

Quoting myself until some people actually read properly.

or to change it for the really picky:

13. UltraPrime

UltraPrime Lord of Macragge

QFT!!!

(I feel dirty now)

14. Silver Bullit

Silver Bullit Banned

O.k. guys... G1 or not, I'm considering this another Battlestar Galactica.

If it helps anyone, the last 4 issues of the Armada comic had G1 guest appearances. Basically, all these different titles we argue about are all alternate universes.

And that's the bottom line, because Stone Cold said so!

C

15. UltraPrime

UltraPrime Lord of Macragge

Yes, I agree :D 

16. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Yeah, just like with Ultra Prime's view, I can respect the consistency in that. I heartily disagree on many levels, but so be it.

17. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    exactly. good referance.

18. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

Just to remind everybody, if the trailer had not been leaked earlier - the official release would have been right now! (give or take a minute or two)

That leak on Youtube was so needless...

19. Brodimus Prime

Brodimus Prime Matrix Templar

News Credits:
    Well, I was feeling like the only person on this board who hadn't seen this thing yet, but this morning I got up and the official site had it up. Some thoughts:

-Great teaser. It revealed little to nothing about the story, while also letting us know pretty much what it was about.

-Nice music/mood. It was good and ominous, I thought, which is always best for a teaser trailer to a big, big movie (especially one with such notorioty as this one).

-No TF sound. That was my ONLY complaint about this trailer was that we didn't hear the classic sound. Still, everyone has said it will be used, so I'm not worried or upset or nothing.

-The Autobot symbol. Just in case folks were unclear as to what they were doing with this movie (ie. pulling a Miami Vice and giving a name to a movie that has nothing to do with the classic series of the same name), the Autobot symbol shows up at the end. Nice touch.

Overall, I thought it was next to perfect for this movie. I'm not surprised that none of the footage will get used, and I'm not surprised that the TF on Mars (presumably Scorponok) could hardly be made out, considering that work on the TFs themselves is hardly close to being finished. But a nice trailer, and I'm pumped to see it in the theatre Friday.

20. Silver Bullit

Silver Bullit Banned

What's funny is that a co-worker of mine said that he saw it in theaters Thursday night when he saw Superman. He also saw Spiderman 3 trailer as well.

C