Transformers Teaser Officially Launched

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Ops_was_a_truck, Jun 29, 2006.

1. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Over the next week, there's a likelihood that this teaser is going to spread like wildfire before its official release on the 7th, so I figured I'd start up one o' dese.

First off:

The teaser has been officially launched. Thank you Joe!

GO TO www.Transformersmovie.com TO SEE IT!

The description we got earlier - the screencaps and quick synopsis - seems to be right on the money. I now understand why they might have been doing location shooting for the trailer - the Mars Rover stuff looks like it was shot in Arizona or whereabouts.

...and I've got a major case of the giddies. To know that this is going to be released - and to see an OFFICIAL teaser like that - is just awesome. And I mean "awesome," too - like, as in truly "Oh my frickin' God, it's real!" awesome.

EDIT:
    Trailer officially launched at www.Transformersmovie.com
    -Joe M.

2. Akumaxv

Akumaxv Well-Known Member

Posted this in another thread:

Looks like the description was correct.

A couple of things I noticed while watching it.

Seems like they are going with the exploding parts for the transformation process. Meaning, someone mentioned in the Bumblebee thread that the parts seem to "shatter" into a bunch of pieces that fold onto each other. Not sure if I like it too much as it seems to be a bit of morphing going on. I realize this is only from seeing the words transform into number and whatnot, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's what they are going with.

From the outline seen of the bot in the tease, you can clearly see some exposed tubing going from the "clavical" to the neck and arms. I don't buy that whole MB line of BB being a reference model. Way too much detail for it to be just that. That is unless of course they it's missing the CGI to cover it up, which is what I'm really hoping for...really really hoping for...

Finally, the transformation sound. Yup, I like it. I swear I could hear faint references to the original chee choo choo choo cha sound. Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but man, I definately like the sound....

3. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

I've seen it. I don't like the transforming text at the end, but I do like the sound. There is shifting in the text................The robot stuff happens REALLY quick, and you can barely make out what happens. Maybe the robot runs up really fast, kicks the rover, then smashes the hell out of it. Took about a second and a half for this to happen. I dunno....

4. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Wait, it was online? When the hell did that happen!? :( 

5. AutobotEngineer

AutobotEngineer Highly Dubious

Good stuff...and I think our robot friend is BB here. Head shape, tubey construction, reminds me of the image we saw earlier.

He probably smashed the probe because the Autobots certainly don't want to be discovered, either, and its just an unmanned thing. Nobody gets hurt, Prime can't be too bent out of shape.

6. Ops_was_a_truck

Ebay:
    Neither do I. At this point, I think wishful thinking and hoping that the robots will be more bulky is useless. We've seen Bumblebee, and now with this, it's pretty obvious that they're going the Beast Wars Morphformers scribble way.

I don't like that look, personally. I don't like the way it looks on Transformers and it's not familiar to me as a fan. Even, I think, casual fans and nostalgic folks might not gel with this look for them. But I'm not in control of the film, so I can't change it, obviously. However, I still think the Alternators look was the way to go.

7. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Indeed, I am as perplexed as you.

8. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    The trailer was online? Aww...oh well.

9. Ops_was_a_truck

Ebay:
    Think, guys, think - where are there lots of videos on the internet? That's all I'll say.

10. Akumaxv

Akumaxv Well-Known Member

I don't think it's anyone in particular, even though people swear it's Megatron. Who knows, but I doubt it's anyone specific.

I'm hoping they are aren't going with the morphformers way, just because it's SUPER lazy and I think that would bring about the whole mass shifting thing.

And how would they make accurate figures of these things?

I'm betting that's the only reason they aren't. If Hasbro is having alot to say with the designs because they are keeping the toys in mind, that may save us from another Beast Machines fiasco....

Again, that's what I'm hoping for.....really really really hoping for....

11. Xython

Xython Thanks forall the fish

News Credits:
    Well just watched it and it was pretty good for a teaser... looked like it was filmed out in Groom Lake, Nevada to me. The trashing of the Rover was cool and the SFX sound durring the Logo Changing was neat,,, I can't wait till we see a actual trailer tho :) 

12. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

Now, most of you know how I feel about this movie and what my opinions are. So it looks cool, but the Mars rover doesn't look like its on Mars. I saw it and here are my thoughts:
    Meh!
    So what ? Is it a good teaser ? I don't know. I felt they gave us 99% crap and 1% of Transformers (that don't transform at all). I saw the logo and I don't like how it transforms. BTW didn't Murphy promissed us that they are going to use the original G1 transformation sound ?

13. RHansen

RHansen Sir. Ranbotnic Veteran

News Credits:

he basically said it would be used one way or another, probably just a little easter egg / fan wank.

14. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

I guess you are right, but I expected more on that.

15. Ops_was_a_truck

Ebay:
    Additionally, I've come to feel that, since Don Murphy has become so jaded & cryptic in the way he interacts with the fandom, anything that he says is true is usually said to shut people up.

16. DrSpengler

DrSpengler The Real Ghostbuster

Every other Transformers board I got to posted the link, so I just watched it and I was pleasantly impressed.

I never expected the teaser to show me any robots or Transforming. Hell, I was just expecting text, a logo, a tagline and other bits of cocktease.

This trailer was much more than I was expecting and has me adequately hyped.

But now that I've seen it, Don Murphy might sue me! :eek: 

17. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It was alright. A lot longer than I would have expected for a teaser but it balances out with not realy saying anything about the movie. My normal expectation of the teaser was for the shadowy bot and a logo, which is basicly what we got if you take away all the filler.

I look forward to watching the official release as it will most likely be of much higher quality than the bootleg floating around now.

18. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    must.... wait.... for quicktime.... HD.....

19. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

"How are they going to make transforming toys based on that?"

Is all I gots.

Exciting though, no?

20. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    I love it.