Transformers tattoos post transformers movie

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by ANDROID PRIME, Aug 3, 2006.

1. ANDROID PRIME

ANDROID PRIME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ok this is hypothetical. what if the transformers movie doesnt meet our expectations, what if it even blows hard ( cant see it happening but there is always a what if). Now i know there is alot of people with transformers tattos on these boards. these tattoos link these people to transformers for the rest of their lives. After the movie comes out most of the general public will relate any image of transformers to the movie that blew oh so hard.

so all im saying is that transfans with tattoos have more ridding on this movie than any other fans. If this movie does blow then they have to explain to everyone why they got a tattoo of a bad movie. They will also be cursed with the constant reminder of how micheal bay ruined something so special to them it was worthy to become a permanent part of thier lives.

any thoughts or comments?

Update: The TFW2005 Transformers Tattoos gallery is now online.

2. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am designing myself a TF tatoo and regardless of the reactions to the movie good or bad. I will be fine with my tatoo.

3. Jarradtron21

Jarradtron21 OhOhOh it vibrates

Hmmm While I don't have a TF tattoo I do have a tat so i think i can answer this almost as well as someone with a TF Tat.

I know I got my tat cause it had a meaning to me and it was special in a way that others couldnt understand. I have the eye of ra on my right shoulder. Now I am not egyptian in anyway but I got the tattoo for a reason and the auctual meaning of the eye was kinda fitting as well. Over the 2yrs I've had it I've seen it used as a logo for bars and companys and I've been given shit for having "that bars logo" on my arm and what not, But none of it has worried me as I know why I got it and what it means.....

So im guessing the same goes with everyone here that has a Tf tat they know why they got it, It means something to them and whatever the movie does at the box office I dont think it will worry them to much :D 

4. prime is a legend

prime is a legend Hooch is crazy.

Micheal Bay sort of has a habit of ruining things. i don't think it will bother people that much if they see people with transformers tatoos people have had them for years and not bothered anyone i ve even seen people who just like the insignia designs.

and i dont think its gonna suck that much, i mean it cant get as bad as Batman and Robin....can it?

5. OmegaVPrimus

OmegaVPrimus Well-Known Member

Well, if it isnt good which is highly unlikley!

Then I will prolly wait till the second movie to expect better outcome's.

Of course, that is if it raise's enough for a budget.

On the plus side, if it is good, then they can expect 30-40 dollar's from me to the box-office.

I think the TF movie will hit higher income than POTC 2.

And ruining thing's.....Last time I checked Pearl Harbor on screen made me feel like I was their...... And a recreation of it he did rather well. So if he can recreate something as tragic as Pearl Harbor, then i dont dought him at recreating a cartoon like TF's

6. timshinn73

timshinn73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I love my Ishtar tattoo. :dunce 

7. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

Personally I think the question is a bit silly, if you're the kind of person who get's Tattoo's and is enough of a fan of transformers to have something of them tattoo'd on you then you are not the sort of person who'd get one remved because of a bad film...

I mean no one was getting laser removal after Armada...

8. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Did I get my Decepticon tattoo removed when RID turned out to be a laughably bad cartoon?
    No.
    Or when most of Armada (cartoon AND toy) was pathetic?
    No.
    Or when pretty much every episode of Energon after the first dozen or so blew?
    No.
    I'm not about to get rid of a tattoo I've wanted ever since I was a kid, just because a movie sucks.

9. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    hey, you told me you LIKED armada :( 

flip flopper.

anyways, having a TF tattoo is the same as any other tattoo. theres always a chance of regretting it.

10. ANDROID PRIME

ANDROID PRIME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    the difference is that armada was a crapy kids tv show and this is a big buget feature film. this is going to introduce and replace many peoples ideas and concepts of transformers. if the movie sucks people will think transformers suck.

11. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    lets hope nobody does anything drastic like cut off a limb or sum'in.

i wonder how many ppl had tattoo removal after the SW prequels.....

12. Longhaul53

Longhaul53 Guest

I don't think it's going to be any different than people having tattoos right now based on a cartoon from the 80's that wasn't very good either...

Don'g get me wrong, those toons and comics will always have a special place for me. It's just that i watch them now, and they aren't half as awesome as i thought they were when i was a kid.

13. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I was tempted to troll and say yes.

I honestly don't think anyone on here is going to legitimately say yes they would get it removed.

14. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    The general culture might think Transformers suck, but I don't think it's going to profoundly alter a tattoo'd fan's opinions about Transformers. I mean, shit...Star Trek and Star Wars have been around for years as theatrical releases and some people bash on those series, while others love 'em...and yet there are plenty of folks with federation insignias, Klingon emblems, Boba Fett's symbol and the jedi/empire symbols as tattoos.

15. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Your not supposed to be here Ops, Phone your sponsor before you have to leave again...

As for the Tat thing, I will still like the transformers after the movie comes out, good or bad.
    The thing that I regret is the Michael Bay tattoo.... What was I thinking...

16. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have some stupid tattoos. An old bands logo, my last name (which is Orio and its tattooed like the Oreo cookie logo), a symbol (which at the time I didn't realize was a RELIGOUS symbol), and then I have two transformer tattoos. If someone mentions to me, after the movie comes out, that the movie blew I'll probably say "I liked it!" or "yeah, you're right". Doesn't make my stupid tattoos any less badass.

17. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    You're right. :D  (sneaks out before blood vessels in forehead start exploding) :confused2 

18. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    i disagree

Do you have any tattoos?

You really think that

a) someone with TF tatts isn't already ridiculed at some point by the general public for having TF tatts?
    b) they actually care what people think?
    c) that one...single...production could change the way they feel about TFs if they went and got a permanent display of their loyalty to them? it's not like the tattoo was "brought to you by Michael Bay."

Well, I have a huge Megatron tattoo on my left leg, with an Optimus to follow on my right.

Whatever happens with this movie is not going to change my love for TFs. i will not be constantly reminded about anything, except how much i love the way it looks and reminds me about the important things i got it for.

Whatever people say negatively about my tattoos means nothing to me. The tattoos are not just an expression of my love for TFs, but other things as well. I don't have to explain them being there to anybody.

Not to flame you or anything, but that'd be like saying brunettes have more riding on Batman Begins than blondes or redheads do because Christian Bale is dark-haired.

I don't think this was well thought out at all. Sorry!

19. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Do people really mock your tf tats? Which Megatron Pic is it? I would really like to get the symbols or something more abstract.

20. nuopus

nuopus Well-Known Member

Well if you even have to ask this question then you obviously don't have a tatoo. Or if you do, it was done for stupid reasons or in a drunken stupor.

Most people get tatoos because its something that "spoke" to them or has something of meaning. I have a tatoo with an ex-girlfriend from a long time ago that I loved very much. This is part of MY history, and MY history defines who I am today. NOTHING is ever going to change that. If my current girlfriend wants me to get it removed, then I dont need to be with her that bad anyway.

Point is ... my tatoos are what make me unique. They are more for ME than for anyone else. I REALLY dont care what anyone else thinks.

Now, I could be wronge ... but im pretty sure lots of people that get tats feel similar.