Digibash: Transformers: Sword of Primus

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by SaberPrime, Apr 28, 2012.

1. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

I made these along with several other images of fan made characters. The color variants for normal and SG universe.

Autobot insignia based on Autobot Secret Police insignia
    Worn by Nightbeat and presumably his subordinates in the SG universe. I simply recolored it sense the original version was black. This is the insignia for Autobots under the leadership of Saber Prime.

Decepticon insignia based on Titanium War Within Fallen's toy. I also used the toy to create my version of Meltdown. If Meltdown was a Transformer instead of a human villain he would be something like the Fallen and of course being my favorite character I made him the leader of a fan based team of Decepticons.

Maximal insigna based on the above Autobot insignia and the original Maximal insignia. In the fan fiction I wrote Saber Prime is actually the one who invented the Maximal tech so the original Maximal insignias carry his modified sword insignia. The normal Maximal insignia we all know from the Beast Wars wouldn't come till after his death.

Predacon insigna based on Fallen's insignia and the Vehicon insignia which looks more like a face now with the flaming eyes. This insignia would be worn only by Professor Princess/Powdered Sugar who is a Predacon under the leadership of Meltdown. Professor Princess is a stolen protoform who was meant to be one of the first Maximals but was stolen and reprogramed. She wasn't brought online after her initial creation because of a flaw in the programing that Meltdown never managed to fix. This flaw makes her see her beast mode as a separate entity named Powdered Sugar. While in beast mode she acts completely like a horse rather than a Cybertronian. In robot mode she often talks to and pets the head of her beast mode completely unaware that it's just her right hand.

BTW I hate Professor Princess from Animated, in fact I hate most Animated villains but I've made them much cooler as a team of Decepticons rather than lame humans. Meltdown is really the only one I liked. I do have made up back stories for all of them as Decepticons that allude to who they were in Animated with a Decepticon twist. Angry Archer for example to pay homage to his mechanical arm he has one arm that's a different color from the rest of him. The story behind it is that his own arm was cut off and he got a new one from an Autobot he killed with the same mold. I particularly like my twist on Angry Archer because it also kinda plays homage to Lockdown's character. Master Disaster sense there were homages to the Stunticons in his episodes and the snake theme he had going on with his helmet and the insignia on the side of his truck I gave Menasor Cohorda's head sculpt. Master Disaster rather than being able to control any Cybertronian with an RC remote he's basically Motormaster and the other Stunticons are just drones he can combine with. The all have Cohorda's head sculpt. I didn't have to do much to make Meltdown any better than he already was, I used the Fallen as a base so he's really the only one I didn't have to come up with some crazy Cybertronian way for his powers to work.

Decided to add Angry Archer and Professor Princess Digibash to the thread sense I had mentioned them earlier. (Saber Prime and Meltdown will be the last ones I show.)

Angry Archer is of course a classics Hot Rod because I don't like the Animated design. I did take Animated's bow though. I've modified it so the bow would act as the spoiler in vehicle mode though I've never actually digibashed the vehicle mode. The evil version I can't actually see the difference in arm color because of my color blindness but you can see where it helps me to use photoshop to look at the numerical value of the colors.

Professor Princess/Powdered Sugar is half G1 Arcee half BWN Mach Kick. She doesn't have the proper insignia in the background because I actually made this image months before the Predacon insignia.

Animated humans aren't the only names I reused as Cybertronian characters. Kicker is Generations Wreck-Gar with Armada Preceptor's head. He's called Kicker because... well... he kicks things. But this Kicker is a lot more like another Autobot motorcycle, Animated Prowl. A level headed cyber ninja, at least the good one is. SG Kicker is a lot more like his name sake. Kicker was sent to Earth to deliver the news to Saber Prime that to protect the Earth from ever again being used as a battle ground for war Optimus Prime was recalling any Cybertronian still living on Earth and wiping any records of it's location. Again kind of my own take on why the Beast Wars cast needed the Golden Disk to find it's location.

SG Kicker was basically there for the same reason except Optimus only wanted to hide the Earth so only his army could use it's resources. Plus Optimus hates Kickers and banished him to live on Earth with Saber Prime who in case you don't know is human. Saber Prime only became a Prime because of cybertronian nanites that form his cybertrian body around him. No one else is able to use the power and it irritates Optimus so he sends Autobots he doesn't like to the degrading rank of following orders from a human.

Of course the fighting breaks out with Meltdown's Decepticons because they refuse to leave the Earth.

I've added Master Disaster who I talked about earlier and Colossus Rhodes. The Colossus armor was built by Meltdown to combine with Rhodes. The limbs on Master Disaster are just drones that he can control.

Attached Files:

2. SaberPrime

I just remembered that I hadn't actually finished uploading all these character designs yet and I figured sense I made the fan fiction public I should go ahead and post some more characters and also bump this topic up.

So the first two images I have for you here are Astrostar, the team's medic with a really bad bed side manner and hilt of the Saber of Primus. Shattered Glass Astrostar is more of a mad scientist and actually has a great bed side manner but that's mostly an act to get people to trust him before experimenting on them.

The next two are Requiem. Requiem of course being the strongest of the team, way stronger than his size. He also forms the middle of the Sword of Primus. The good Requiem only uses his strength when needed and doesn't actually like fighting. He's more comfortable monitoring the Space Bridge to Cybertron. SG Requiem however likes to smash things and hates monitor duty.

Then there's Skyboom, the fastest one. Even in the face of danger he likes to show off. He's very immature for a guy who's been locked in a cave on Cybertron for millions of years. He also forms the tip of the Sword of Primus. For safty reasons Astrostar has adjusted the power of the good Skyboom's wrist blasters so he can only shoot non-lethal stun blasts. The evil Skyboom never had his wrist mounted blasters adjusted as the evil Astrostar could care less about safty. SG Skyboom can literally deliver enough power to destroy an entire city.

Of course the Sword of Primus is the weapon wielded by Saber Prime who I will talk about at a later time or you can just read the fan fiction linked in my sig.

Nanosec is a retooled mix of Armada Blurr and RotF Sideswipe. Obviously he has a rivalry with Skyboom and a romantic relationship with Slo-Mo. The good Nanosec was suppose to be killed by Slo-Mo but she refused to do it.

Slo-Mo is the daughter of Optimus Prime and Elita-One and the older sister of Vector Prime. She was designed with a similar head sculpt to her mother and given unlimited access to her time control powers. When Slo-Mo started hanging out with Nanosec Optimus and Elita created a sword with limited time control powers which they gave to her younger brother in hopes that he would teach her how to use the power properly. Sadly that never happened and Vector became a Prime instead of his sister. The good Slo-Mo though she was built by the Evil leader of the Autobots, fell in love with the Decepticon Nanosec and when she refused to kill him her parents gave the evil Vector Prime a sword with her same powers so that he could kill her. She's also the aunt of Optimus Primal.

These SG versions will be appearing in future fan fictions BTW. I haven't gotten around to introducing them yet.

Attached Files:

3. SaberPrime

So here's the last of the images. Saber Prime and Meltdown.

The normal Saber Prime has a color scheme based off Optimus Prime but I really didn't want to wear purple, or at least not a lot of it. I still had to have the purple Autobot insignia but I made up my own color scheme for the SG Saber Prime.

Attached Files: