transformers superlink omega sentinel?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Gadep, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    did takara ever release this guy in the superlink line?

I know omega supreme did ....If omega sentinel did get released ...what are the differences between energon omega sentinel and superlink omega sentinel?

2. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Takara never released Omega Sentinel.

3. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

takara hardly ever releases hasbro's repaints, *unless the repaint was in the show, example, Superlink Ironhide *blue and the green one too, both were released*

how ever while Energon Mirage was released in both lines, the repaint of that, Dreadwind/g *which ever one it was* was not.

and takara's repaint of hotshot as hotrod, was not released here, and instead we got a totally different repaint of that toy, that was still hot rod, even had flames that the takara one did not have.

4. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    With very few exceptions, if it's not on the screen, Takara doesn't have a toy of it when it comes to mainline repaints (excluding exclusives). Hasbro does this as a method to recoup development costs and to stretch a lines lifetime on the shelves, two issues that are dealt with differently in Japan for several reasons.

As an aside, even the Superlink combiners weren't relased as individuals, they were only available as giftsets.

When Beast Machines finally made it over there, not only was it show characters only, but it was a single version of each character, and the smallest best form at that.

Obviously when it comes to original materials such as Binaltech or Alternity, that's a different matter, but as standard mainline, the aforementioned rule is rather valid.

5. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

also i believe hasbro does those repaints to get the most out of that expensive mold they had to make.

i mean some one had to design the toy, test the toy for safety, create the molds, assemble the molds and ect. that all requires people, and well most people like to be paid.

while takara for the most part, for the main series, probably lets hasbro do most of that stuff, while they just take the molds and repaint them, *with the exceptions being the exclusive molds to takara of course*

oh and btw there is one exception to that beast machines "one toy per character" thing... megatron had two toys released in beast wars returns i believe, *the dragon and the megabolt one, i believe*