Transformers Super-God Masterforce

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Brutimus Prime, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Brutimus Prime

Brutimus Prime Icepick Enthusiast

I just recently started watching Masterforce and was quite literally blown away by the awesome animation (some hate it, so I guess it's a matter of taste) and the fact that the Pretenders play such a big role in the series (I luves me sum Pretenders). I've only got one problem with the show... the Headmaster Juniors, Autobot and Decepticon/Destron, annoy the F*** out of me, especially Minerva and Cancer (a fitting name, lol).

Are they going to be the "lead" characters for the entire series or is it going to focus mainly on Convoy/Optimus Prime/Fakimus Proim/whatever once he's introduced? I really need to know, cause if those kids don't become background character soon, I'm afraid I won't be able to finish Masterforce without having to seek psychological help at some point.

2. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Ginrai, and to a lesser extent the rest of the Godmasters, will become the leads once they're introduced, with the Pretenders taking a backseat. Metalhawk stays pretty important though.

The Headmaster juniors remain main characters pretty much throughout though Im sorry. Keep watching though, its IMO one of the best TF series' theres been.

3. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    have you watched Victory yet?

4. Brutimus Prime

Brutimus Prime Icepick Enthusiast

Nope. As far as I understand, Victory is sort of a sequal to Masterforce, so I'm saving that for later.

5. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i loved masterforce, seen most of it, need to finish, then it is off to victory

6. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Masterforce is fantastic.

7. Dead Metal

Dead Metal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Masterforce is awesome! Some episodes make me think "Oh why the f**k do I watch this sh*t again?" Then something awesome happens and I know why!

I just love Ginray, Godmaster of Hate, badass title!

8. DestronGenerals

DestronGenerals Well-Known Member

Masterforce didn't do it for me. it could be the human element and/or the anime element but i found it hard to get into the series. It picked up momentum in the middle third and then the last third was kind of hard to finish as well.

It might be the best Japanese produced TF series I've watched... I can't remember, it's been a couple years since I've watched Armada (never seen Micron) and even longer since RID (never saw CR)... but Masterforce was probably more enjoyable than Galaxy Force and definitely more than Super Link...

9. SC0RP0N0K

SC0RP0N0K Well-Known Member

Anyone know the best place to watch these episodes are? Like does Youtube or Google Video have the complete series?

10. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

masterforce is great. six knight is a cool character and he kind of just floats in and out of episodes. but hes a badass haha. honestly i think the headmaster junoirs were to keep the kids related to the story? maybe, im not too sure about how cartoon makers think like that. but i loved it all the way through. the downside being that the pretenders and actual cybertonians kind of take the back seat during most of the series. but its been one of my favorite series to watch so far!

11. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    the entire series is on youtube, subbed, that is what i watched

12. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    Masterforce is an acquired taste. Some of my friends hate it, and I'm usually the first to want less human involvement in a Transformers storyline, but I like Masterforce. Metalhawk is awesome, I like the villains, and it has great animation.

I like Victory even more, though. I love Victory's cast.

13. SC0RP0N0K

SC0RP0N0K Well-Known Member

Sweet thanks. =)

14. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    Victory, Masterforce, all things I've wanted to see but haven't, and don't know if I will..

15. 3Y3

3Y3 Well-Known Member

I loved me all of Masterforce and it was my favorite of all TF series...until I watch Victory. Deathsaurus has stolen all my attention and I loved the fact Decepticons would win from time to time and actually cause real trouble/destruction (killing, actually hitting autobots with gunfire, more killing, mass city property damage). Dinoforce is hit or miss, but meh, still all good.

Regardless, I Masterforce is just great.

16. Malikon

Malikon Well-Known Member

I knew it was going to be a cool show when the puppy got killed. This aint'cher Sunbow "100 laser blasts and no one got hit" kinda show.

17. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    I really like the animation, the slow pan over a still really does it for me. :D 

Prior to Masterforce I didn't have a lot of time for the Pretenders, their portrayal here though works a lot better than in other media. Cancer and Minerva are quite prevalent, one story arc revolves around them, but once Ginrai appears, then Overlord, Grand Maximus, and Black Zarak, you're hooked.

The only character I find annoying is Browning, mainly because of his obsequies voice.

It's a great show, watch it with subs, with all the recent talk of it, I'm going to watch it again soon.

MASTAHH-FOORCE!

18. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Still need to see the takara trilogy.

I mean, Pretenders? Death? Killing puppies? I'm all over it.

C'mon Shout... a region 1 boxset would sure make the 25th anniversary sah-weet :)  c'mon! Y'know you wanna

19. Victory Leo

Victory Leo Well-Known Member

Yes ... and then the Headmaster Jrs. kind of become Godbomber's pilots ... weird.

My two cents on Masterforce? Best plotted and continuous storyline throughout of all the TF animated series. Great start, strong finish, though some complex storylines get confused from lack of complete explanation.

Also the dub? (Yes the bad dub.) Best bad English conversation ever...

"We're going to kill everyone? Even the women and children?"
    "Yes, even the women and children."

Victory Leo