Transformers Studio Series Jazz

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by waffel, May 20, 2018.

1. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

Question:

How are his hands attached to the ends of his arms? Could you feasibly buy two, and easily pull out the one "gun" hand and replace it with another "claw" hand for symmetry?

Just curious.

2. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Modern Legends are smaller than Scouts and lack the complexity of the size class in it's prime. They're more like Cyberverse Commanders, though even that size class had clear parts and great articulation.

Look at Hubcap, Windcharger and Breacher. While they don't have the "premium paint", they still have excellent articulation and great finishes, plus according to that earlier lineup pic, they're the same height as Jazz, hence my Scout comparison.
    I'm not saying people shouldn't find value in the figure, because it does look decent (minus the backpack), but it isn't anything more than a Scout to me, so I will never be able to bring myself to pay more than a Scout price for it.

It may be best for me to not comment on any more of the SS line. So far I find it disappointing, with Starscream being the only one I find worthwhile, so I really don't want to rain on anyone's parade any more than I may have already.

3. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
  4. 1BLD

1BLD Well-Known Member

Oh, totally. Both are just on friction hinges as well.

• Like Like x 2
  5. JAZZBLASTER

JAZZBLASTER MAXIMAL WRECKER / LOOSE CANNONS / SIEGE COMMANDER

I’ve been messing around with my new little lieutenant friend, Jazz and some of his Movie The Best buddies, Ironhide and Ratchet.

I think the scale kinda works. Kinda. What do you guys think? Yes? No?

EB9B15C4-8296-45B1-993B-6DAD82FA248D.jpeg 4392A19F-3E59-4D62-B822-24EA2398D42D.jpeg 688930FD-5E2E-4F37-A10B-08CD614BCCF5.jpeg

In the context of scale of SS Jazz in robot mode, I need a bigger Ironhide and will definitely get SS Ironhide (because that bad boy has the right size and looks bad ass) but as for Ratchet, i think i can live with just having my Movie The Best Ratchet because his robot size kinda works and he looks awesome (SS Ratchet looks like crap compared to the MTB version).
    22641A14-0DA5-41CA-A466-BFD7F6383551.jpeg

“Come on, Decepticon punks!” 4053E038-0B2A-4F05-B9D4-04FC6CDDA32B.jpeg 50725A85-006C-4936-8463-E718D21ADCDE.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  6. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Do you have him? Cause with a touch of paint and my backpack mod he's leagues above any other Ratchet figure I've owned. The proportions and posability are way better.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Got my Jazz today finally! First impressions are that I freaking love him. I want more figures in this small size but with great paint and detail and most importantly ARTICULATION! He’s super fun so far. Haven’t transformed him yet. The backpack is definitely not as big a deal IRL although it still would have been good if there was one extra hinge or something.

• Like Like x 3
  8. LZSchneider

LZSchneider Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Heck yeah man! Glad that you find him awesome! :D  Hey, what does he look like next to Grimlock?

9. JAZZBLASTER

JAZZBLASTER MAXIMAL WRECKER / LOOSE CANNONS / SIEGE COMMANDER

No, sorry i don’t have SS Ratchet. Saw him in Toys R Us in Hong Kong weeks ago, and yes, it does look like he has better proportions compared to gunslinger MTB Ratchet but I was not impressed with the very obvious lack of paint apps on SS Ratchet. I’m not so good with customizing and terrible at painting so i’m still very much on the fence about getting him to try my hand at painting him myself.

10. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I can post pics tonight if you still need but my guess is that he will be able to ride him comfortably :D 
    The backpack mod is so easy anyone can do it, but you will need to at least add some paint yourself to bring out his true potential but honestly he's a solid figure that is very fun so I recommend but it's up to you.

11. LZSchneider

Ebay:
    Yes please dooo~

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
  12. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Has anyone discovered any weapon storage in bot mode? Anywhere in that huge backpack to clip or peg in the weapon?

13. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Ive always cried that the KOers need to do a OS refined HFTD Ironhide. That one was pretty baddass proportion wise.

14. LZSchneider

Ebay:
    If you roll out Jazz's backpack like a woman let's down her hair, you can clip the weapon there as you would in vehicle mode. It looks terrible from the back but for display purposes it looks fine from the front.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    So I finally transformed him and have a good idea of this figure. I still freakin love him! Car mode looks great and is so tiny and cute! As others have said, the best way to sum up this figure is definitely “fun-sized”. The paint job is excellent, too! Since there is so much that’s good about him I’ll just sum up some cons:

- I have the same alt mode tabbing issues as most. Should I shave down the peg on the offending door panel? It only happens on the left side.
    EDIT: Nevermind on the gap issues in car mode! I found the below post from @fu2kimus which worked perfectly. Now he pegs together super easily and there are no gaps in car mode!
    - Weapon storage is a joke. They should have tried harder.

- All the awesome silver paint draws attention to the weapon and legs, which are not painted. Luckily this is an easy fix.

- I gotta mention the large backpack, cause it is a negative, although I hesitate to list it cause in-hand it really doesn’t bother me at all.

- The decision to mold one hand as a “gripping” hand despite his weapon pegging into his forearm was kinda silly. I much prefer the “normal” hand on the right arm.

Seriously these are just nitpicks on a freaking great figure though! Highly recommended!

D2DA5E79-F022-4E59-9E53-4C316AC2FD5E.jpeg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  16. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Come on Decepticon, talk to me!

2F13E2F2-7DFF-42A8-A167-10A3200E296D.jpeg
    0DF52D9E-45A1-43AE-A528-EE188CD4A779.jpeg

(Follow @shmoptimus_prime on insta!)

• Like Like x 5
  17. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime "Essential" Personnel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I really think If they want to sell smaller toys like this at a higher price then then need to pack in some extra accessories. I don't give a shit about it being covered in silver paint because that Doesn't make up for the price gouge. Ratchet was shiny as hell in the first movie and they didn't cover him with shiny green paint.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    If you’re talking about what you consider valuable in a figure, then maybe the silver doesn’t make up for it, but if you’re talking about what it actually costs to MAKE the figure, then I’m pretty sure all that paint goes a LONG way towards covering the difference.

I don’t know what Ratchet and his green have to do with it though.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    perfect size. BADASS figure. I have ZERO problems with this lines size.

• Like Like x 2
  20. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime "Essential" Personnel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you want to cover one studio series figure with paint then they all should be.