Transformers Story Essay for College

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by BuyandBuild, Dec 1, 2008.

1. BuyandBuild

BuyandBuild Active Member

I wrote this for my college English class, it's a start of my retcon-ish fan fic. Its mainly about my version of the Matrix. I got about a 90% on the final draft

It has been eons since it was last seen. The glorious Matrix of Leadership, life of all Transformers, has been cast out into the farthest reaches of space. Its pure and righteous nature is still known by all Transformers. However the evil tales the Matrix brought with it are only known by the oldest and wisest of our race. The power it holds is a double-edged sword of our home world, Cybertron, for it has brought both creation and destruction.

But first, one must learn about our creator Primus. When the universe was first created, two forces came into being. One, Primus who was the avatar of good, and the other was his brother, Unicron, avatar of evil. They fought and fought until Primus sealed Unicron away. Primus then created us to protect the universe should the evil ever awaken again. The Lord Creator himself then transformed into our home world, Cybertron, in order to become more like us, his transforming children.

Legends read that when we were first born into the universe, Primus gave the Matrix to the first Transformer, Prima. This was done in order to allow it to create more Transformers and further the race. Prima knew that in the future there would be an Evil who would attempt to wretch the Matrix from the hands of justice and use it to rule all. So in response, he created a safeguard mechanism within the device. Based on the eight most common attributes of all Transformers functioning, keys were created and placed in the Matrix, only workable when the user had absolute power in each area. Prima then began the tradition that the Matrix would be passed down to a new leader. This leader would be both the military commander and spiritual guide to all Transformers.

Eventually Prima passed on, and gave the Matrix to one known as Sentinel. In honor of both Primus and Prima, Sentinel coined the term “Prime.” This would be titled to all further Matrix bearers. War then broke out on Cybertron, a greedy child of Primus, Megatron coveted the Matrix’s power and sought to rule the universe. Megatron killed many innocents, but he spared one named Orion Pax out of mockery. This would be Megatron’s undoing, for Pax was the most promising student of Sentinel, and was given the Matrix as Pax witnessed his teacher’s death. . Orion then became Optimus Prime, and was aided by the sage Alpha Trion, brother of Sentinel Prime. While both brothers where the greatest warriors at the time, Alpha opted to focus more on the spiritual aspect of the Transformer race, and would help anyone who sought enlightenment.

After centuries of war, many lives were lost, and so Optimus decided to launch the Matrix through space, in hopes that the war would stop. The Matrix would then become lost in the cosmos. However, the war would not cease for Megatron would stop at nothing to destroy the heroic Autobots with his legions of Decepticons.

The power the Matrix holds is vast and mighty, for it holds the essence of Primus himself. As a symbol of our creator, the Matrix can give birth to Transformers, endowing them a Spark, the soul and life force. It also has the wisdom of its past bearers, allowing the current one to use it to lead the Transformers. Being the key to all abilities of a Transformer, the Matrix can give the strongest holder even more power, giving him god-like power. It also serves as the key to the Transformer afterlife known as the AllSpark.

One must pause and think of the glory and despair the Matrix has brought to our race. But while there has been suffering, we can only hope that the Sparks of the fallen Cybertronians have reached the AllSpark, and that Primus will watch over us all. As the legends say, it is his will that all Transformers will shed their factions and fight Unicron as one.

You can see I took parts of Cybertron's Omega Lock, Unicron and Primus' battle, Toon G1 Prime's birth, Movie Megatron and the Allspark, and some bits and pieces of Matrix and Prime lineage info. Any comments are welcome and appreciated!

2. Irony

Irony fangirl

Great summary! I love the way you connect the different sources.

3. Cmdr Prime

Cmdr Prime co-Commander of Autobots TFW2005 Supporter

I loved that story too, it shows how you took Cybertron, G1 and combined them together

4. BuyandBuild

BuyandBuild Active Member

Thanks for the support, and not to shamlessly plug oranything, I plan on using the whole cast of Animated as a sample for my cast, the main cast being 9 Autobots, 9 Decepticons. If you read the 6th paragraph, you'll figure out why there are 9. Also I added in a little Movie/Animated with the Matrix being launched into space.