Transformers Star Trek

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by SaberPrime, Oct 9, 2012.

1. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

First there was Leonard Nimoy as Galvatron.

Then there was George Takei as Yoketron.

Then Leonard Nimoy returned as Sentinel Prime.

Then LeVar Burton showed up as Doc Greene, Dither, and Trex none of which are actually Transformers and ironically he's also the only actor who wasn't from the original Star Trek series.

And now we George Takei returning as Alpha Trion.

So... what other Star Trek actors should make their way into Transformers? Patrick Stewart and Micheal Dorn have done voice acting in other cartoons so why not get them for Transformers?

I'd like to hear LeVar Burton as Jazz, Doc Greene isn't too far off, just make him sound like less of a nerd and more of a smooth talker and that'd be Jazz. For a second voice... I'm thinking... Grimlock sense he's already voiceing a mechanical T-Rex anyway.

Patrick Stewart could be Ultra Magnus maybe? I can't really picture him doing two characters in the same cartoon sense he only talks in his own voice. George Takei is the same way but he still has two robots so as long as it's a different continuity then Patrick Stewart could also voice Thrust.

Micheal Dorn should voice The Fallen and in a different cartoon, he could also do Bulkhead.

2. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I want Sir Patrick Stewart as Optimus Prime or somebody in a leadership rank.

3. Matrixbeast

Matrixbeast Here comes a thought

Ebay:
    Will Wheaton should be the next Bumblebee.

4. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

Patrick Stewart should be in Transformers in some capacity or another because he's Patrick Stewart and Patrick Stewart is awesome.

5. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

I could hear Patrick Stewert as Aligned Sentinel Zeta Prime.

6. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus Page D'Ecriture Spy Cousin Jeice

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Michael Dorn as Barricade please. But Characterize him as Kailbak from Superman.

7. Viper192

Viper192 Batbot

William Shatner as Ultra Magnus.

8. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To paraphrase Unicron, some of SaberPrime's Trek/TF links are "highly dubious" :0)

There are other links across the two franchises as well, such as:

Chris Collins (Latta): Voiced Starscream/Wheeljack/Sparkplug in G1 and guest starred several times on both TNG and DS9 (my favourite was as the dim-witted Pakled captain in TNG: "We look for things to make us go")

Michael Bell: Voiced Prowl, Swoop and many more G1 characters - appeared in both TNG and DS9

Frank Welker: Well, all G1 fans should know how many characters he voiced - also did voice work in Star Trek III: The Search for Spock

And of course, Orci and Kurtzman wrote both the live action TF movie and the recent Trek one.

A-hem. None of which answers the question of what other Trek actors you'd like to 'hear' in TF, but I just love providing useless trivia.

In ANSWER to the question... I think John de Lancie ("Q" from TNG) would imbue a lot of personality into any TF...

9. TFtoycollector

TFtoycollector I'm British i am

News Credits:
    Jonathan Frakes as Ultra Magnus

10. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Patrick Stewart would make an interesting Ultra Magnus, and I think John de Lancie could voice a new take on Sky-Byte. If we ever hear the voice of Solus Prime, or if they ever introduce Elita-1, Nichelle Nichols would be a good choice. Not sure who they could/should voice, but I think it'd be funny to have Shatner and Nemoy voice a duo of bickering old bots.

Slightly off-topic, but if they were to ever bring Yoketron into either Prime, or something else in the future, I wouldn't want Takei to voice him again. I'd want Hoon Lee for the role.

11. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Brent Spiner would be the TF's human companion. For the sake of mild irony.

12. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Michael Bell, Chris Latta, Paul Eiding, Alan Oppenheimer, and Clive Revill all also worked on Star Trek: TNG / DS9 and/or Voyager. Hell, I think most of the G1 cast worked on one star trek show or movie at one time or another.

13. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I knew about the others, but where did Paul Eiding show up in Trek? (Note - never got into Voyager or Enterprise, so if it was there, it would explain why I never saw him!)

14. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Remember that episode of TNG with the two ambassadors, one who's basically a hedonist and the other who's studying antagonism? And then picard's shuttle crashes and he meets that marooned girl etc etc.? Listen closely to the hedonistic ambassador, that's Paul Eiding.

Name of the episode is "Liasons", season 7, episode 2.

15. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I don't care who they voice, but I'd love to hear Michael Dorn, Patrick Stewart, John DeLancie, Brent Spiner and Jonathan Frakes. They all have great voices.

16. joshferrell

joshferrell Well-Known Member

I would like to hear William Shatner sing the theme song some day soon.

17. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    Patrick Stewart should be one of the previous Primes. Prima maybe?

18. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Roger C. Carmel--Harcourt Fenton Mudd in Original Star Trek, Cyclonus, a Quintesson, who knows who else in Transformers.

19. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

I never knew there were voice actors from Transformers in Star Trek.

This I knew but considering this was about links between actors not writers it's kind of off topic.

Useless trivia for the win! Actually considering where we are I don't think there is such a thing as "useless" trivia. It's good for conversation so not technically useless. ;)  Now if you were at a job interview then it would be useless.

I own a DVD set of every episode Q has ever appeared in and I've read a book written by John de Lancie about his character and the "M" continuum that was never mentioned in the series. You don't need to tell me who John de Lancie is. ;) 

But sense you brought him up... I don't know about him voicing a Transformer character but I think they should do a new version of the Vok and have him voice a main character in the Vok. Cause the Vok seemed to exist outside of reality rather than being a race that inhabited a planet much like the Q's so if they ever actually talked I could totally picture John doing the voice. Well I guess technically the Vok have spoken before but while appearing as a hologram of Unicron's head and stuff like that. Maybe one of the Vok could appear as a Transformer sense they never appear in their true form to the Transformers so John could voice a Vok that looks like a Transformer. I'm thinking Sideways considering all the weird stuff he pulled during Armada like being a floating head for a while. Just take out the Unicron connection and just make him a Vok appearing as a Transformer named Sideways. I really like Q so having a character like that in Transformers and played by the same actor would be awesome!

Would also love it if the new Vok/Sideways had the same type of relationship with Optimus Prime as Q had with Picard.

20. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    I think Jonathan Frakes would make a pretty good Springer, and Patrick Stewart really ought to be saved for a role like Primus or someone of equal importance.

What about Marc Alimo (Gul Dukat) as Overlord? And now that I think of it, Nana Visitor would be a good choice for someone like Chromia.